A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

mistakes added to reports by QA? - anybody else... sm

Posted: Oct 31, 2013

When I go into FIESA I see mistakes I cannot believe I have made, they don't make sense to me - like I would have questioned this and/or never typed it.  Anybody else?  TIA!

QA mistakes - Believe it

[ In Reply To ..]
They make mistakes too, even in grammar and spelling. They are people too, but if this makes it look as if it was your error, speak up in a nice way, and hopefully you will get an apology unless EGO is involved on the part of QA.

QC adding mistakes to my reports - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Got a Major Error yesterday for a word misuse that I am 100% certain I did not do.

FIESA is a joke and so is QC. However, I refuse to spend my time FOR FREE trying to get it reversed. Just sent TSM an email, but she don't care. Nothing to her. Been transcribing 20+ years and I have never seen anything like this place. Nuance, go ahead and run your good people off and let the QCs do ALL MY WORK.

no reason to - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
QCs have no reason to intentionally add edits/mistakes into MTs reports. All it does is create more work for them.

The QC bonus program where they (may) get paid to fill blanks/"find errors" has been delayed for about 6 months now and doesn't look like it will be starting anytime soon.

So.. any mysterious errors that pop up are probably just an honest mistake on their parts.

QAs on the other hand... they screw both the MTs and the QCs.
help me out, what is the difference between QA and QC? - OP, n.m.
[ In Reply To ..]
QA vs QC - justme4
[ In Reply To ..]
QC handles reports pre-delivery (before client sees them). They get the reports you pend for blanks or other problems. QA is all done post-delivery (after they go to client). They pull "random" reports to score. The QA Post-Audit scores are what are used for bonus plans (QC scores do not officially count for anything, other than frustration).
QC scores - me
[ In Reply To ..]
Yes QC scores count, when the report is sent out with all the scores on them to staff, they come from QCs, not QAs. If you've noticed also the reports are being used to get rid of people left and right.

Possible that the reports are not fully saving all your edits on upload. - ex-Nuancer

[ In Reply To ..]

It's been suggested here time and time again.  I have no idea if anybody in Tech or elsewhere has ever looked into it.  No doubt any hints to the TSMs (or whatever they're called now) that such might be happening have been ignored.  

I believe that. It's been happening to me. - mt2

[ In Reply To ..]
I had an entire paragraph added that I did not type. WTH ??

And another thing - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
It's always the same reviewer. Strange, I think not. QC, do you have an axe to grind? Am I making more money than you think I should?

Fiesa - Bluebird

[ In Reply To ..]
I had a report from fiesa that was audited AFTER the dictator had made additions. He spelled gall bladder, gall stones, abbreviated ultrasound as US (account does not do that), capitalized words that were not supposed to be capped. All were counted as errors against me but I got it reversed. If you use Bayscribe check to see the side-by-side original version versus client's revision.
That happened to me, too. - Dewey
[ In Reply To ..]
Someone at the hospital added something that was not dictated (against Specifics), and put it in the wrong format. Of course, I got major points taken off, but had it reversed. However, makes you wonder how many others were not caught. Luckily, my platform shows corrections made and by whom. Read on this forum that some do not have that ability.

I couldn't work under those conditions - scare the crap out of me

[ In Reply To ..]
It's hard enough to meet quality goals without VR or the upload helping you fail, and I'm sure MTs can complain about it all they want but no one will believe them. That would be another reason to leave Nuance, a company I would never work for anyway. Ever.

Nuisance FIASCO - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
The only thing I have ever learned from FIASCO is how mad I can actually get without having a heart attack.

NOT a good working environment.

Thank you all! - OP

[ In Reply To ..]
I think part of the FIESA strategy is to erode all our self-confidence so we don't dare try to work anywhere else. That is the point FIESA has gotten me to: If I can't hear on this job, I certainly cannot get another one and reach QA goals.

FIESA - DBC

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, I believe I am continuing to see this. My hospital laid us off, then we were picked up by this transcription company. First 3 months everything fine. Then all of a sudden I started getting major error notices, about 1 per day. So now I am ineligible this quarter for the bonus pay. That way both the hospital (probably) and this company save A LOT of money. I am now making 2/3 of what I was last quarter.

All I can say - is this

[ In Reply To ..]
I quit Nuance a couple weeks agI out of frustration with FIESA and losing the production bonus for 4th quarter because of late QA/changes to FIESA. Right away I started with a new company and funniest thing, my QA scores are great! outstanding! Only the occasional formatting error because I'm getting used to new accounts, one expander error and that's been it. Makes ya wonder, doesn't it?

I believe so too - same

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, I believe this was happening to me as well. I did email my TL and mentioned it, and was told to check the statistics on the report that tells you when it has been modified. This backed what Fiesa showed, but there are several major errors over the last 2 weeks (which is when I started noticing this) that I thought, how did I not notice that. Hmmm, things to ponder. Could it be deliberate, could it be weird computer glitches?
I don't feel really comfortable in this job, but it's what I have right now.

Not happening - me

[ In Reply To ..]
I am beyond QA/QC and this does not happen. We see the original report and then the corrected. QC people are also marked off for mistakes. Some are nitpickier than others and have been told watch for the major stuff, not the small stuff.

Similar Messages:

New CCM And MORE Accounts Added
Oct 28, 2012

How much do they expect us to remember?  this is crazy, keep piling them on..I would rather be out of work and do NOTHING then wade through more profiles... ...

Conglomerate Added Approximately 6 New
Oct 04, 2010

That is what I have done most of the morning.  No cheat sheets, nothing in Repository, no prior reports to look at.  Got a surgeon talking 90 miles an hour.  I have about 12 QA markers so far.  Will re-listen to it and try to hear ANYTHING else.  Straight typing -- but all I am doing is giving ASR some reports to go by and then it will be all ASR as the others have been, so I am TRAINING ASR for the account.  I can't send these things through or my behind will ...

How Is System Time Added Up?
Jul 11, 2012

Dear MT got a review complaining about several things, but the mystery one is "System time is 5 hrs longer than time clock time" and words like "bad because it makes it look like you are working off-the-clock". Okay... how do you stop the 'system time' clock?  Stop typing?  Does the clock stop when you upload, start when you download? Stop if you leave Docqscribe? Stop if you step out for a Google/email/look up a reference? Stop only if you log out of everything? She was in ...

I Am So Sick Of All The Added Text!
Jan 24, 2014

MM ASR stinks royally!!!!! This neurology consultation is so full of made-up output, I just might F11 it (oh goody, I will then get to hear from the QAM). It has added so much 'canned text' and text that matches other information in the report that it is sickening. I can't wait until I am out of here!!! I graduate from paralegal school next Wednesday, and I sure hope I can get a job fast. Hopefully, someone will hire a newbie. Fingers crossed. ...

Horrible Dictators Being Added To SR.
Jun 10, 2014

Let me preface this by saying that I know that ultimately this is what we're here for, to train the systems to understand every dictator.  With that being said, has anyone else noticed that some of the dictators who have been purely straight transcription for years (while all of their colleagues are on speech wreck) are now on speech as well?   These are doctors that without several paragraphs stored in your expander program, there is no way you could understand what they are say ...

T-mask (?) Added To Increas Oxygenation
Sep 05, 2010

I've never heard of a T-mask.  Is that correct?  The sentence reads:   O2 sat initially was 83%.  She was placed on oxygen with increase in O2 sat to a mere 90, and then T-mask was added.   It sounds just like T mask, but I can't find that anywhere.  Is that correct? ...

Transcend Lawsuit - SS Been Added As A Defendant Yet
Jun 08, 2012

us on the lawsuit and companies who are defendants and has SS been added as a defendant yet. ...

New Time Discrepancy Added To Statistics
May 27, 2015

Just wondering if anyone else is having issues with this new time discrepancy that has been placed on the statistics every pay period now.  Do they expect you to sit for 8 hours solid and not even get up to go to the bathroom for goodness sakes now. ...

100% QA - Mistakes
Mar 06, 2013

Iâve been an MT for 25 years. I consider myself pretty good. I do not consider myself âperfectâ. I never will be. I do make mistakes almost always small ones like leaving a word out. Iâve worked for this new company for over a year now. She is now doing QA to everything I transcribe. Iâve really been doubting my abilities as an MT now and wonder how/why my other clients have used my services for 20 years and not once complained. When you transcribe over 1,700 lines a d ...

SR Mistakes
May 16, 2013

Dictated: He takes Vyvanse SR put: He takes five aunts Dictated: He is going to the Florida Keys SR put: He is going to the floor of the knees I just had to find something to laugh at this week. Happy MT week in advance to all. If I could afford it, I would GIVE you something and not make you pay taxes on it or use your own free time to try and win something not worth playing for. ...

ADT Mistakes
Oct 21, 2014

Now we are going to be put on mgmt if we make a mistake in the ADT because the client is complaining about too many mistakes.  We don't even get paid for doing the ADT in which case I have to manually type patient name, MR # 3 times, DOB, DOS to which I don't get 1 red cent and they are going to put me on mgmt because I made a mistake.  This place just pisses me off so bad.  ...

Mistakes
Dec 09, 2014

How is it they get away with implementing actions against MTs yet never fix the constant mistakes on their part...ie most medications (generic and name brand) are wrong, mispellings in the dictionary, doctors names and specialities are wrong in the system, poor sound quality, there is nothing in place for doctor errors.  I could go on, but everyone knows what this company is about ...

Just Missed Mistakes
Aug 14, 2010

Have you ever realized that you made a mistake on a report that you just sent?  I wish DQS had a window of time before the report goes to the client that you could go back to it and fix the error.  I would think only 15 minutes would work.  ...

Mistakes Can And Will Happen...for EVERYONE
Feb 11, 2015

or how long you have been doing this.  Nuance uses this to their advantage.  They really don't CARE about the mistakes or quality.  This is a TOOL to keep pay nice and low, plain and simple.  The fair and just way to do this is how it used to be.  First of all, it depends on the DICTATOR reading his own reports when he/she gets them back--(like they are SUPPOSED TO DO) -- If there are mistakes, they are corrected.  Yes, if it was the MTs mistake, they are noti ...

Mistakes In Normal Dictations
Jan 20, 2010

At my company (a smaller one) there are a lot of mistakes in the normal dictations that the doctors request.  The way they are created in the first place is the transcriptionist types up the report and sends it to QA saying the doctor would like to use this in the future for his normal, but I don't think they get reviewed by QA.  I think they just get created the way they are.  So if it was a right eye, the word right is there all the way through it.  If a word is misspe ...

MTs And Unions, And Past Mistakes:
Nov 23, 2010

Regarding all the talk about unions below:        I once had a very good job, and was a very "Happy MT".  I worked inhouse.  I made great money.  I got vacations, 401K, paid sick days, good healthcare, etc.       So one day, while I was happily typing away on my Correcting Selectric, at my great little desk, at my great little job, a union organizer came to visit the department.  The hospital was actually considering ha ...

Fixing Doctors Mistakes
Dec 27, 2011

I am so TIRED of fixing doctors mistakes constantly. I dont get paid for that.  I get paid to pound out reports per hour.  Instead so far today, my first 3 hours have been fixing reports, leaving notes to the hospital....line 10 blank..dr stated..., line 24 blank..dr stated, etc.  These guys have to take some responsibility for their dictation.  They are so messy and haphazard in their dictations.  It would be different if we were getting paid by the hour, I would not ha ...

EditScript Keep Making Mistakes
Aug 11, 2013

I'm pretty new to editing and just wondering..  Why does EditScript keep making mistakes over and over, even with good and clear dictators ( I do have a few of them, though not many)? ES keeps printing "basil ganglia", for example.   Tearing my hair out - not much left now.  :p  Does it ever get any better?   ...

4 Mistakes Out Of 4100 Lines, How Is That Less Than 98% Accuracy?
Jul 09, 2012

Maybe I am not doing the math right, but if someone has 4 mistakes out of 4100 lines, how is that less than 98% accuracy? ...

RMT Study Guide - Mistakes In Answer Key
Jan 26, 2013

Hello, I am a fresh graduate from MTEC . I am currently preparing for AHDI's RMT exam. I bought the study bundle which consists of the RMT exam guide and an audio CD. Al in all, I have learned a great deal from the study guide... but... yes, there's always a BUT... While reviewing the entire RMT exam guide, I noticed some blatant mistakes as well as unclear questions. One example is a mixup between "affect" vs. "effect". The RMT study guide's answer key states that "effect" is a ...

Any Students In Coding Courses Found Mistakes?
May 21, 2012

I am almost done with a course that was put together by the credentialing organization.  Now that I am almost done, I have gathered my notes on the course inconsistencies and incorrect answers to submit my comments to them so this doesn't happen to the next student.  I would like to hear the coders' and students' thoughts on this. Doesn't someone take the entire course and fix/correct BEFORE it is offered as a course?  ...

Spelling/grammatical Mistakes: English First Language
Feb 23, 2013

I have noticed, when interviewing for certain companies, some obvious spelling and grammatical mistakes in the emails I receive from them. While these companies strive for perfection in accuracy (which includes spelling words right and marking possession with an apostrophe, mind you), sometimes it looks like their emails have been written by ESL employees. It's weird that after speaking with some of these people, their writing skills don't match their speaking skills. Maybe I'm j ...

Prefer Short Reports Or Long Reports? Sm
Jun 13, 2012

Hi all. I was just wondering what other MTs prefer...little short reports or very long reports? Do too many of either affect your line count (and therefore your pay)?   I definitely prefer very long reports!  ...

Long Reports Or Short Reports?
Jul 15, 2013

Am i the only one that just hates the long ones? And by long I mean anything over like 4 minutes.  I love progress and ER notes!  ...

Sounds Like "CT Duke-added" Drainage--help?
Jul 09, 2011

Can anyone help?  The doctor sounds like he is saying "CT duke-added" drainage".  He is talking about diverticulitis that has extended into the perirectal tissues and abscessed.  Thanks, Mary   ...

ER Reports
Nov 21, 2009

Should ER reports be a priority? I work in-house and this week our transcription department was ordered to type all ER reports as priority, before any inpatient or radiology work. The order came from the ER committee to our department head and down to the transcriptionists. Any thoughts on this? ...

Looking Up Old Reports
Mar 07, 2010

does anyone know if this dqm lookup reports is working adequately.  It seems like a whole lot of trouble to find any. I know this was discussed down below about where the heck is dq main menu and search.  I tried looking up by dictator and its a waste of time as there are not any old reports there.  Thank you to any help out there.  ...

Anyone Know If You Can Look Thru The Old Reports When
Mar 09, 2010

you are not clocked in and working in Docuscribe?  ...

QA On Reports
May 11, 2010

Can anyone tell me since MQ has gone with the Swap Board and First Time Right, and we are sending reports, etc.  Have you had more frequency of being followed by QA?  I was just wondering how that works?  ...

Re: OB Reports
May 17, 2010

I know I will be asking many questions in the coming weeks since I am going to be taking a more active approach to studying for the second part of my final. Can anybody please tell me where I can go to get more info on OB reports online? Some of the stuff that the doctor dictates is so hard to figure out since I am not familiar with the OB terminology at all. For example..here is the physical exam section of the report (keep in mind I have flagged certain sections). Here it is:   ...