A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

EditScript keep making mistakes - pooped

Posted: Aug 11, 2013

I'm pretty new to editing and just wondering..  Why does EditScript keep making mistakes over and over, even with good and clear dictators ( I do have a few of them, though not many)? ES keeps printing "basil ganglia", for example.   Tearing my hair out - not much left now.  :p  Does it ever get any better?  

No, it only gets worse - B52

[ In Reply To ..]

EditScript - pooped

[ In Reply To ..]
The worst thing it does is insert headers willy-nilly and out of the blue. For example, right in the middle of a sentence, it will insert HISTORY OF PRESENT ILLNESS for no rhyme or reason, with no relationship to the present dictation, even with the good dictators, so then I have to waste my time taking it out. Does this happen to anyone else using EditScript?

Is EditScript the same as Dictaphone's ExText? - Rose

[ In Reply To ..]
As I have the same crap happening with ExText inserting bold, all caps headings. It used to have stupid reasons, such a word dictated that is also in a heading, then it would print out the full heading. In the last two weeks it has become much worse, for example, when dictating the word "aspirin" it prints the subheading HEART: Also in the last couple of weeks it started inserting phrases where they were never spoken, as often as not including phrases that are very clearly spoken. My hourly rate is dwindling to NOTHING with all these gross VR errors. It makes no sense.

EditScript - pooped
[ In Reply To ..]
Sounds like all the VR programs, not just EditScript, are crappy, even with good dictators. They are just insane. I'm going to have to get a second job just to make a decent living.

Similar Messages:

Editscript - How To Check My Line Count In Editscript? 
May 18, 2013

Can anybody tell me how to check my line count in Editscript?  ...

100% QA - Mistakes
Mar 06, 2013

Iâve been an MT for 25 years. I consider myself pretty good. I do not consider myself âperfectâ. I never will be. I do make mistakes almost always small ones like leaving a word out. Iâve worked for this new company for over a year now. She is now doing QA to everything I transcribe. Iâve really been doubting my abilities as an MT now and wonder how/why my other clients have used my services for 20 years and not once complained. When you transcribe over 1,700 lines a d ...

SR Mistakes
May 16, 2013

Dictated: He takes Vyvanse SR put: He takes five aunts Dictated: He is going to the Florida Keys SR put: He is going to the floor of the knees I just had to find something to laugh at this week. Happy MT week in advance to all. If I could afford it, I would GIVE you something and not make you pay taxes on it or use your own free time to try and win something not worth playing for. ...

ADT Mistakes
Oct 21, 2014

Now we are going to be put on mgmt if we make a mistake in the ADT because the client is complaining about too many mistakes.  We don't even get paid for doing the ADT in which case I have to manually type patient name, MR # 3 times, DOB, DOS to which I don't get 1 red cent and they are going to put me on mgmt because I made a mistake.  This place just pisses me off so bad.  ...

Mistakes
Dec 09, 2014

How is it they get away with implementing actions against MTs yet never fix the constant mistakes on their part...ie most medications (generic and name brand) are wrong, mispellings in the dictionary, doctors names and specialities are wrong in the system, poor sound quality, there is nothing in place for doctor errors.  I could go on, but everyone knows what this company is about ...

Just Missed Mistakes
Aug 14, 2010

Have you ever realized that you made a mistake on a report that you just sent?  I wish DQS had a window of time before the report goes to the client that you could go back to it and fix the error.  I would think only 15 minutes would work.  ...

Mistakes Can And Will Happen...for EVERYONE
Feb 11, 2015

or how long you have been doing this.  Nuance uses this to their advantage.  They really don't CARE about the mistakes or quality.  This is a TOOL to keep pay nice and low, plain and simple.  The fair and just way to do this is how it used to be.  First of all, it depends on the DICTATOR reading his own reports when he/she gets them back--(like they are SUPPOSED TO DO) -- If there are mistakes, they are corrected.  Yes, if it was the MTs mistake, they are noti ...

Mistakes In Normal Dictations
Jan 20, 2010

At my company (a smaller one) there are a lot of mistakes in the normal dictations that the doctors request.  The way they are created in the first place is the transcriptionist types up the report and sends it to QA saying the doctor would like to use this in the future for his normal, but I don't think they get reviewed by QA.  I think they just get created the way they are.  So if it was a right eye, the word right is there all the way through it.  If a word is misspe ...

MTs And Unions, And Past Mistakes:
Nov 23, 2010

Regarding all the talk about unions below:        I once had a very good job, and was a very "Happy MT".  I worked inhouse.  I made great money.  I got vacations, 401K, paid sick days, good healthcare, etc.       So one day, while I was happily typing away on my Correcting Selectric, at my great little desk, at my great little job, a union organizer came to visit the department.  The hospital was actually considering ha ...

Fixing Doctors Mistakes
Dec 27, 2011

I am so TIRED of fixing doctors mistakes constantly. I dont get paid for that.  I get paid to pound out reports per hour.  Instead so far today, my first 3 hours have been fixing reports, leaving notes to the hospital....line 10 blank..dr stated..., line 24 blank..dr stated, etc.  These guys have to take some responsibility for their dictation.  They are so messy and haphazard in their dictations.  It would be different if we were getting paid by the hour, I would not ha ...

Mistakes Added To Reports By QA?
Oct 31, 2013

When I go into FIESA I see mistakes I cannot believe I have made, they don't make sense to me - like I would have questioned this and/or never typed it.  Anybody else?  TIA! ...

4 Mistakes Out Of 4100 Lines, How Is That Less Than 98% Accuracy?
Jul 09, 2012

Maybe I am not doing the math right, but if someone has 4 mistakes out of 4100 lines, how is that less than 98% accuracy? ...

RMT Study Guide - Mistakes In Answer Key
Jan 26, 2013

Hello, I am a fresh graduate from MTEC . I am currently preparing for AHDI's RMT exam. I bought the study bundle which consists of the RMT exam guide and an audio CD. Al in all, I have learned a great deal from the study guide... but... yes, there's always a BUT... While reviewing the entire RMT exam guide, I noticed some blatant mistakes as well as unclear questions. One example is a mixup between "affect" vs. "effect". The RMT study guide's answer key states that "effect" is a ...

Any Students In Coding Courses Found Mistakes?
May 21, 2012

I am almost done with a course that was put together by the credentialing organization.  Now that I am almost done, I have gathered my notes on the course inconsistencies and incorrect answers to submit my comments to them so this doesn't happen to the next student.  I would like to hear the coders' and students' thoughts on this. Doesn't someone take the entire course and fix/correct BEFORE it is offered as a course?  ...

Spelling/grammatical Mistakes: English First Language
Feb 23, 2013

I have noticed, when interviewing for certain companies, some obvious spelling and grammatical mistakes in the emails I receive from them. While these companies strive for perfection in accuracy (which includes spelling words right and marking possession with an apostrophe, mind you), sometimes it looks like their emails have been written by ESL employees. It's weird that after speaking with some of these people, their writing skills don't match their speaking skills. Maybe I'm j ...

Any Difference In EditScript MT 9 And EditScript MT 9.12?
Dec 29, 2011

Does anyone know if there is any difference in EditScript MT 9 and EditScript MT 9.12?  If there is, how can we update this? It seems that my new place of employments line counting is not the same as my old place of employment.  New employer has EditScript 9, while my old work had EditScript 9.12, and my line count was much more at my previous employer.  Now it seems I can put out tons of work and see not much for lines...  Very frustrating. When questioning my employer now, they say t ...

New To EditScript
Jan 26, 2010

Hi All.... I was just hired by an MT company that uses EditScript. This is a brand new experience for me as my previous MT job did not use this platform.  I've been studying the user manual and specs, but am nervous about starting tonight.  I'll be starting out with 10 reports.  I know it will be "SLOW GOING" especially tonight. I want to do a good job, but worry about being too slow at first. Any words of advice or encouragement out there???  I could use some ...

Going To Editscript VR
Feb 12, 2010

I am going to be going to ES VR.  I have been working on Dictaphone Extext straight typing and a little VR.  I did not find VR in Dictaphone to be good.  I have done ES before, and I believe it is better.  Considering the chump change we make to do VR, do you think you are paid enough to proof your work after you have edited the report, or do you do a once over and go on to the next one?  I mean, really, with what we make, we really have to do a once over to make anythi ...

EditScript And TTS
Jun 19, 2011

Offered a job with this company on EditScript platform. I still have job with major company.  Should I make the switch.  Pay is the same but run out of work a lot where I am now. ...

IE 10 For EditScript?
Mar 24, 2013

Can we use IE 10? ...

EditScript ?
May 25, 2013

Just wondering what people think about the platform EditScript.. would love to hear opinions, pros and cons.  Is it easy to learn? Thanks.  ...

Can Anyone Help? In EditScript, How To You Get That
Dec 11, 2014

little icon you can click on to "hear silence parts of dictation rapidly" back?   TIA ...

Making Less And Less
Oct 17, 2009

First there was line count....then there was ASR.....now there is MME. Does anyone know how much less they are making doing MME?  I just started and I am not making any money. Who is doing the work on the accounts that we used to do? ...

Making Even Less
Oct 20, 2009

I have just been switched to another BoB because we lost several accounts in the BoB I was in....now I have to learn all new accounts....at 3 cpl I will end up owing MQ money!! ...

How Much Are You Making?
Feb 21, 2010

Hey everyone.  I am just curious as to what everyone makes these days (if you are being paid by the line) and how long should you stay at that rate before you ask for more/raise your price? I've been at 12 cents per line for the past 3.5 years and I don't know how much more I should ask for.  I don't want to ask for too much, yet I don't want to sell myself short.  I am just thankful to even have my job so I don't want to rub anyone the wro ...

To Me2 Making 40K
Jun 17, 2010

Just have to ask, how much ASR do you do? Are you able to fly through at high speed without going back to proof and still getting strong audit? Do you have several dictators with several formats or a handful with all the same format? Your credentials are impressive but there are only so many things you can do to make that kind of money anymore and it is painful for me to know you are able to make that much at the same company, doing the same kind of work. Also, how much time would you say you ...

Making More Than Me
Nov 29, 2010

Just found out through the grapevine that someone was hired at my company at a higher cpl that I was offered.  I have been there since June and was offered a low rate compared to most MTSO companies.  But it did get me off the midnight shift at a different company, which I would have stayed with had I been given the opportunity to change shifts.  She was offered 2 cpl more for straight and 1.75 cpl more for ASR.   I also have more years in the profession than she does, a ...

MAKING $$
Jan 15, 2011

Can I make over $35,000 with Medquist? ...

Anybody Making Over 30K On SR?
Sep 30, 2011

How in the heck are you supposed to make any money doing SR?  Is it possible?  I make good money as a transcriptionist and have avoided SR up to now.  Now my company is transitioning over and I'm contemplating running for the door. I don't see how it's possible to make any money when you get paid half the cpl that you would make for transcribing.  I generally transcribe as fast as the dictator talks (unless they're really crappy, of course).  You stil ...

Am I The Only One Making
Dec 11, 2012

Input is appreciated, thank you! ...