A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Anyone live in the Phoenix area? - mt5

Posted: Apr 29, 2014

Mayo Clinic has an MT position their website - have to live in the Phoenix area - wage listed $23. Me, I live in the frozen tundra of Minnesota so won't work for me. Check it out!

Yeah - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. what's the catch???

I understand what you are saying, but - mt5

[ In Reply To ..]
check their website. It says you are required to take a test, but most places do. It is not like is a fly-by-night place that is here one day and gone the next. A few of my friends work at the Rochester facility and are happy there. They were outsourcing the regional small clinic transcription to some company called Amphion (sp), but this sounds like an in-house job in the Phoenix area.

Why is there a dislike on my original post, - mt5

[ In Reply To ..]
was just trying to point out a possible job source for someone.

Maybe They Are Peeved They Don't Live in Phoenix?? - Victoria

[ In Reply To ..]
That's my best guess...

Try to just ignore the dislike. Someone seems - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
to go around checking dislike on every single post on this board and all the others on this site.

mayo clinic - jrb

[ In Reply To ..]
Checked it out ASAP. Posted on 04/30 and closed out on 04/30, probably hired from within. That happens a lot with the Mayo jobs when I apply. Even housekeeping starts at 11.00 an hour. I may even apply for those jobs.

Similar Messages:

Ischiococcygeal Area Or Ishial And Coccyx Area?
Dec 21, 2014

QA picked this up.  I had ischiococcygeal area which I could find listed as one word on google, but I could not find it listed by search criteria which I separated the 2 words.  I can find ischial and coccyx, but not together as the dictator is stating.  The only thing that makes me wonder iif QA is right is the context before the words.  He stated he has 2 ulcers at the ischiococcygeal area.  It seems like in this case it would be ischial and coccyx, but I cannot docume ...

Phoenix MedCom - Does Anyone Out There Work For Phoenix MedCom?
Mar 23, 2011

Does anyone out there work for Phoenix MedCom?  Passed their test but am hesitant to go forward when the pay is substandard and I've already been warned that the account is difficult.  However, I've been out of work since October and something is better than nothing :( ...

Phoenix Medcom - Any Information On Phoenix Medcom?
Jul 09, 2012

Hi, any information on Phoenix Medcom?  I see they have a job posted.  Thanks ...

Are Those Of Us To Who It Was Mentioned To Go Live With DQS 7
Jun 06, 2012

today still supposed to start using it?  I haven't received any official email from the CCM stating to start using it today. ...

Go Live Definition
Oct 30, 2012

I'm new to this - what does "go live" actually mean?  Is it when it goes from strictly straight typing to VR?  Or is it when an MTSO gets a brand new acct?  Thanks! ...

If You Live In Texas And Own An RV
Apr 06, 2013

If you live in Texas (or maybe Louisiana) and own your own RV, consider being a gate guard at a natural gas field. The pay is about $15 an hour and that's 24 hours a day. And while you're sitting in that RV, guess what you can be doing. ...

Live Notes, Anybody?
Jun 08, 2013

I have a chance to get in with an MT company that also offers their ICs a chance at live note taking.  It doesn't pay too good, though, less than what the standard reports pay per audio minute.  I have never done this.  Can someone explain to me how it works?  I have heard that "live notes are typed in one pass."  What does this mean? ...

Windows Live
Oct 01, 2013

Is anyone else having problems this morning?  It won't let me delete email and I'm not sure it sent my email.  I get the following message:  "Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection.  Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity."  There is a yellow triangle with an exclamation point in the bottom right corner and it says "error." ...

New Hire And OOW - On First Live Day? Sm
Apr 24, 2014

Seriously?  Is this typical?  Love how recruitment hyped this place up.  New PT hire, assigned one primary acct, finished the umpteen hours of training, released to TSM and on my first "live" day of work my account is OOW?  Then receive a zip file of emails from TSM sent to the ENTIRE team which include prior employee resignation letters, employees being reprimanded, and the kicker - TSM acknowledges that the work volume on the account that I was assigned to wasn't ...

Go Live Checklist?
Jun 27, 2014

I have a new transcription service that I recently acquired (nothing large but big enough to pay the bills :)  I am a little lost on what I should be doing as far as a checklist for go live?  So far, I have requested samples of physicians, inquired on their volume, and discussed delivery. What else am I missing? ...

If You Live In Texas
Jan 11, 2015

Baylor Grapevine is looking for a coder, either CCS or CPC, with only ONE MONTH of experience. ...

Turned Down For MT Because I Live In CA
Apr 22, 2015

I have been turned down by 3 different MT companies stating it is because of California's laws creating problems. Anyone else having this problem? Is there a way around it? Since most MT companies are not in CA, I find this extremely disturbing. Since I cannot seem to meet the minimum lph (working at Nuance), I have been looking for independent contractor work. ...

Live System Over The Internet
Mar 24, 2010

What is meant by "live system over the Internet" in some job ads.  TIA! ...

Go Live A Dead Issue?
May 25, 2010

It seems the schedule reservation "go live" in my area has now been cancelled until further notice.  I'm in the north region and wonder if any other areas have been using it successfully.  With all these so called improvements coming our way, I'm having a hard time remember what's what.  Does this mean the swapboard isn't going to work anymore or just the schedule/DQS factor with the work allowance of 15 minutes prior/after scheduled shift?  I'm ...

MTs Who Live Up North - Question
Aug 22, 2010

Do MTs who work up north make more than MTs who live down south?  I wonder because I was born in CT, but I live in NC now.  I know the cost of living up there is triple what it is here in NC.  So, how are they living on .08 a line in CT?  ...

2011 MT Survey Now Live
Mar 11, 2011

Dear all, I'm pleased to announce that the 2011 MT Survey is now live.  If you remember the 2007 MT Survey, this is a continuation of that (with some changes).  In the previous survey, we received 3800 responses, which culminated in the report MTs on the Radar (you can find it at http://ehealthrecords.wordpress.com/publications/).  We are hoping for another successful survey. So if you are interested in completing the survey, you can go to http://www.medicaltranscriptio ...

Curious...can You Be A Transcriptionist And Not Live In The US? Sm
Jan 20, 2012

Does anyone know if I were to move out of the US, say to Costa Rica, would I still be able to transcribe for a company that is US based? I am assuming it depends on the company. But, I was thinking with the time zone being different, it  might be a plus. Honestly, I'm just curious because I'm reading a book about a couple who quit their jobs and moved to Costa Rica and now I can't stop thinking about it. So, I'm curious if there is anyone out there who is doing somethin ...

Windows Live Problems, Anyone Else?
Mar 19, 2013

Set it up on new computer Sunday, worked fine. It comes up, of course takes the usual forever amount of time to do so, but when I tried to send a message it says not able to and is sititng in my outbox. Anyone else having issues with their mail today? ...

Anybody Else Out There Using Credit Cards To Live On???
May 17, 2014

Had an excellent job until hospital outsourced 5 years ago, downhill from there.  Paycheck for the last 2 weeks was $88.  I bet over in India they made more than me even with 35 years exp.   I have tried so hard to get credit cards paid down or off, but then we have to use them for buying gas to heat house, buy groceries, buy gas, etc.  I would have nver thought I would be in such a mess like so many of us at my age.   Major back disability and surgery, have not been to ...

Phoenix Med
Dec 27, 2012

Does anyone know anything about this company.  They seem to be advertising a lot for help.  Thanks ...

Phoenix Med-Com
May 08, 2014

Does anyone know anything about the company Phoenix Med-Com, pay rate, platform etc?  Thanks! ...

NEMT - Anyone Else Refused Because Of The State They Live In?
Jan 26, 2010

I live in MI, and I'm looking to supplement my current IC accounts, so applied with them.  Their response is they don't hire anyone living in MI!!  This is the first time I have ever had a company say anything like this.  Just curious. ...

Which Companies Will Not Hire You If You Live In A Certain State
May 24, 2010

Would anyone who has been denied applying to a company because of the State they live in please post the name of the Company and the name of the State(s) they do not hire from. I think this only pertains to EMPLOYEE Status, but if Independent Contractors have been denied, please indicate that you wanted IC status. NetMed Transcription only hires from 12 States – Employee Status Alabama Arizona Arkansas California Florida Indiana Kansas North Carolina Oregon Pennsylvania Texas ...

People Who Live In Alberta, Candida
Sep 22, 2010

even if the rest of the world is unwilling to acknowledge you. ...

To MTSOs: Pay Your Workers A Wage They Can Live On,
May 12, 2011

"production", and watch quality improve. Or, if still determined to pay on production, then acknowledge overtime worked (you know we do it, you just don't want to acknowledge it, or pay for it), and increase cpl earned beyond 8 hours. Offer higher cpl for years worked for your company. Reward loyalty, and your workers will continue to be loyal. Blow them off, and they'll blow YOU off. Pay MTs more per line for typing horrible-quality voice files. Pay them more for ESL docto ...

How Do I Uninstall Windows Live Mail...
Aug 15, 2012

MModal made me install Windows Live, but I need to uninstall it.  Long story, but it was a disaster.  When I go into my Add/Remove programs, all I see are: Windows Live Essential, Windows Live ID sign-in Assitant and Windows Live Upload Tool. Do I just remove all those and hope it's okay? There is no Windows Live Mail in my add/remove program list. I need to uninstall it because everytime I try to open a file that was sent to my Outlook personal e-mail address, it opens it i ...

State Taxes Taken Out Reported On W2 But I Live
Mar 02, 2013

I'm pretty sure my former employer made a mistake on my W2 or made a mistake by withholding state taxes.  I live in a state that has no state taxes.  My company is in a state tax state.  I just cracked open my W2 and it shows state tax withholding.  I checked last year's W2 for same company, state (theirs and mine), and nothing is in that box.  I'll be calling them, but does anyone kinow if there may have been a change I didn't hear about?  Or ...

Anyone Laid Off Live In Michigan By Chance?
Apr 05, 2013

Saw this ad posted here, but the training is on site in Michigan -- 9 cpl for SR?? Wow!! http://forum.mtstars.com/472346.html ...

BTxt Hospital Account Go Live
Apr 09, 2013

Anybody know which hospital accounts are going live today?  Just curious.   ...

Windows Live Mail Question
Apr 23, 2013

Can someone tell me how to do a send/receive in Windows Live Mail?  I know with my Outlook Express, I can manually do one, either on the tool bar or with keystrokes.  Ctrl + N will open a new message box, and ctrl + m will do a manual "send/receive." I can do the new message thing in Live Mail, but I can't do the send/receive.  Can someone help me? It doesn't have to be keystrokes, but I can't find it on the tool/menu bar.   ...