A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

NEMT - Anyone else refused because of the state they live in? - gracie

Posted: Jan 26, 2010

I live in MI, and I'm looking to supplement my current IC accounts, so applied with them.  Their response is they don't hire anyone living in MI!!  This is the first time I have ever had a company say anything like this.  Just curious.

has to do with the IC status - that is all I know

[ In Reply To ..]
something about taxes and being an IC...

I have seen this same theme here before and - it does have to do with the

[ In Reply To ..]
status you are, IC. Seems like the state before someone was talking about was California. I do remember seeing it though.

be greatful, there is no work at NEMT anyway - show me the money

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I am grateful. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

NEMT - old mt

[ In Reply To ..]
Washington State and I heard the same thing. Maybe they should list what states they do accept applications from!

NEMT - Tara

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't know what is going on with this company because I had applied back in 2006 and was offered a full-time job. I was also offered a full-time position with Cymed (SPI) at the same time which I ended up taking, big mistake obviously. Anyway, they had sent me an email with all the benefits they offer, what I would have to do each week for a line count, etc. However, when the Cymed job didn't work out, I reapplied with NEMT and I got an email stating they didn't hire anyone in MN. So I went from being offered the job, to less than a year later saying they didn't hire anyone in MN. I think if this is one of their reasons for not employing people, they need to post on their ads that they don't hire within certain states and save us the time and trouble of applying!! I had even sent the original email with the job offer in it to the person at the time who was hiring (because of course it was someone different) and it didn't matter.

apparently they recently had a lot of problems proving IC status in some states - snoopy

[ In Reply To ..]
and that some states require too much to prove it or something... who knows.

I do think it would be nice of them to state that on their website also.

NEMT - mt mommy of 4

[ In Reply To ..]
I got the same reply last week from them. I live in Wisconsin and they said they do not do work in Wisconsin...hmmmmm???

A company has to be licensed in your state to offer - you work or "do business." If the cost

[ In Reply To ..]
is high (licensing fees, etc.) and they don't have enough ICs to justify the cost, they'll choose to not do business in your state. It would be nice to know ahead of time instead of wasting your time though. I applied some time back and after testing and all that was told they didn't do business in my state so couldn't hire me on.

NEMT - LoneMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Be happy, very, very happy you dodged a bullet! NEMT stands for Not Enough Money There! they constantly run out of work, BS on paying out bonuses and are generally just a pain to work for....keep looking elsewhere : )

NEMT - Becky

[ In Reply To ..]
I love NEMT, been with them for several months now. Always have work. Great AM. Supportive QA/coworkers. IM system that is great. Checks weekly (and they pay me more than my other job, so to me the pay isn't so bad)...lovin it! Don't let some people's bad experience turn you away. As for not accepting people in certain states, that is unfortunate for the person needing the job, and I am sorry when that happens to people.

NEMT - LoneMT

[ In Reply To ..]
So have you received your quarterly audits and bonuses on time and you never run out of work, ever, really?
Not Becky, but yes I have....sm - Tasha
[ In Reply To ..]
I have received all of my quarterly audits and all bonuses except for one, which was my fault. I have access to several accounts, but my primary keeps me very busy. I have been nothing but happy since I have been with NEMT and they in return have shown me their happines with me.

I can only speak for my experience, and it has been a very, very good working relationship.

Oh, yeah. Lots of em wont hire Californians. - I call it "Location Prejudice".

[ In Reply To ..]
That's okay - I'd never want to live in THEIR miserable states, so I guess that makes us even.

I applied at one that did not have a business license in - kt

[ In Reply To ..]
my state. That is probably the reason you were not hired.

Refusal by state - Ron

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't know about MI, but I do know that California has many employee-rights laws and many companies will not hire people from here.

Probably because they are breaking the law - sweetmt

[ In Reply To ..]
If you look up the definition of IC according to the IRS, NEMT is breaking many laws. They cannot dictate your working hours if you are IC and this company does. The pay is way below industry standards. They are doing worse things for the US MT and our pay scale than some of the offshoring companies. I'd go bag groceries at Walmart before I would work for them.

Similar Messages:

Which Companies Will Not Hire You If You Live In A Certain State
May 24, 2010

Would anyone who has been denied applying to a company because of the State they live in please post the name of the Company and the name of the State(s) they do not hire from. I think this only pertains to EMPLOYEE Status, but if Independent Contractors have been denied, please indicate that you wanted IC status. NetMed Transcription only hires from 12 States – Employee Status Alabama Arizona Arkansas California Florida Indiana Kansas North Carolina Oregon Pennsylvania Texas ...

State Taxes Taken Out Reported On W2 But I Live
Mar 02, 2013

I'm pretty sure my former employer made a mistake on my W2 or made a mistake by withholding state taxes.  I live in a state that has no state taxes.  My company is in a state tax state.  I just cracked open my W2 and it shows state tax withholding.  I checked last year's W2 for same company, state (theirs and mine), and nothing is in that box.  I'll be calling them, but does anyone kinow if there may have been a change I didn't hear about?  Or ...

Just Rejected By A Company That Said I Could Not Work Due O Tax Issues In The State I Live.
Feb 03, 2012

I just received an email from a company that said due to tax issues, I was not eligible to work for them. Give me an ever-lovin break, I worked for and quit a company in Arizona that I was eligible to work in another state as an employee. Just another excuse they use, although it was nice of them to let me know. ...

Does Anyone Work For A Hospital, But You Live Out Of State From That Hospital?
Aug 13, 2010

Or how from that hospital do you live? ...

If You Are Working For A Company In Another State, Do They Follow Their State Rules Or Your States?
May 12, 2010

x ...

Has Anybody Refused To Use Landesk? I Don't Want To
May 24, 2013

The email I got said something about it being company policy to allow them maintain my computer but I've never seen that. I don't want them being able to access my computer whenever they want and install/remove stuff.  I used to have one computer just for work but it died so I've been having to use my personal one until I can save up enough (on these meager wages) to buy a new one. I just wondered if anybody refused to install it and if so, how well that went over. ...

Has Anyone Refused To Put LANDesk On Their Personal PC & What
Oct 11, 2014

x ...

My Visa Gift Card Was Refused?
Dec 26, 2009

I tried to use my giftcard today and it was refused. It was give by transcend, a visa giftcard, and it was refused when i tried to use it. I didn't see anything that came with it saying it had to be authorized or anything. Has anyone else had this problem? Do you have an authorization number i can call to authorize my card? Suggestions? Thanks ...

Anyone Refused To Type A Doc For Ethical Reasons?
May 05, 2011

Because I'm about to refuse to start typing a certain GYN oncologist, the little butchering, castrating, &*()(* that he is, has anyone else done this? ...

S/l "palasiffy" State Or "palesippy" State
Feb 05, 2010

patient is depressed and stressed over being a college student in a "palesippy" state??? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!! Abby ...

NEMT, Seriously?
Aug 04, 2010

Has anyone taken the IC pre-hiring test for NEMT?  It's four dictations and a fill-in-the-blank.  Like lots of other MTs, I'm trying to find some extra $$$ because my primary has been running low on work lately.  I thought I did quite well, only one dictation did I leave three blanks because it was ESL and although I'm usually proficient with ESL, we all know it takes time to acclimate yourself to the dictator.  They sent me a polite e-mail this ...

The NEMT Gal
Aug 07, 2010

Just days after doubting myself a bit and worrying about not finding more work, I landed a great IC gig yesterday!  Got my resume out there and timing is everything.  Better pay, opportunity to advance, straight transcription, and most of all less chance of running out of work.  To all the MTs out there struggling and staying with a company that sucks, it is possible to get out.  It's taken me 2-1/2 years of doing IC to get to this point.  Keep pushing and never g ...

I Know Pay Is Low At NEMT, But Is There
Oct 23, 2010

I need a part-time IC job and was hoping they had enough work to go around. They use Meditech, right? ...

NEMT EIN
Jan 14, 2011

Can anyone inbox me NEMTs EIN for taxes.  They said they will not be mailing 1099 until end of the month!! ...

TTS And NEMT
May 24, 2012

Has anyone worked for TTS before?  Do you know if the quality of work is good?  They seem to only want a committment to 15 jobs a day.  How can that be? Can anyone give me any information on NEMT?  Are they good to work for? Thank you so much.  ...

NEMT On VR?
Mar 31, 2014

Does anyone know if NEMT is utilizing VR on Chartnet?  TIA? ...

NEMT Anything?
Jul 14, 2014

Has anyone heard anything from NEMT on their two jobs on MTjobs posted over a week or more ago? ...

My NEMT Experience
Feb 22, 2011

Just wanted to post my experience with NEMT for everyone.  For me this is an absolutely fantastic place to work.  Basically, if you can produce good quality work and want to be appreciated for it then this would be a good fit. What you've heard about them being picky is true.  If you want to work for them you better bring your A game and you have GOT to be able to accept constructive criticism.  BUT, the QA is very consistent, fair and helpful.  Not to mention real ...

My Experience With NEMT
Apr 02, 2011

I thought I would let everyone know the experience I had with NEMT.  I have never had an experience quite like this one.  Do not assume when you are hired that you HAVE the job.  I was hired as an IC MT for NEMT.  I started my orientation, which is basically training, not this last Monday but the Monday before.  You get on at 7 am cst and stay on until 1 pm cst.  You have to have a minimum of 5 reports during that time, which was not possible except for one day.&nbs ...

NEMT Insurance?
Aug 11, 2011

Can anyone shed some light on what kind of insurance NEMT (Maine) has for their employees and the cost?  Thanks! ...

Amphion Vs NEMT Vs TTS
Aug 27, 2012

anyone know how these companies are to work for? GOOD OR BAD... ...

NEMT, Out Of Maine
Nov 13, 2013

Does anyone have recent experience working for NEMT (New England Medical Transcription) out of Maine? I like the idea of being IC instead of employee and just looking for some honest personal experiences MTs have had with them.  Thanks!  ...

NEMT Pay On Time?
Jul 10, 2014

Could anyone who has worked for or currently work for NEMT tell how they are to work for as far as QA goes, if they pay on time, and whether or not you run out of work on a regular basis? Thanks! ...

NEMT Not Hiring MTs In MI/IL
Jul 26, 2014

FYI for everyone looking to hire into NEMT, they do not hire anyone located in Michigan or Illinois :) Thought I would let you know so you don't waste your time. I am personally done with the MT game. Start a bus driver job this week, will be making the same I did with all these recent MTSOs with a much better schedule. What a crying shame what the industry has come to. Don't hire with Keystrokes either, they are losing accounts as well. Good luck. ...

Anyone Work For NEMT
Sep 11, 2014

Would you tell me the good/bad about this organization?  Sometimes the good outweighs the bad and that is what I am looking for in a company.   ...

InScribe And NEMT
Sep 23, 2014

I was wondering if anyone could give me some Info about InScribe or NEMT? Pros, cons. Anything would be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone has tested with NEMT how long did it take to hear back? Thank you ...

NEMT Good, Bad Or Otherwise?
Jan 05, 2015

Anyone have any info on NEMT? Appreciate any input here. thanks ...

NEMT Info Anyone
Feb 11, 2015

Has anyone ever worked for or know anything about NEMT?  It seems as if they are always looking for MTs.  I just heard from them and was thinking of pursuing the opportunity.  I would sincerely appreciate any input, good or bad.  Thank you! ...

NEMT Anyone Tested
Feb 15, 2015

Has anyone tested for NEMT?  If so, what did you think?  Thanks! ...

NEMT Testing?
Feb 28, 2015

So, did anyone ever receive a job offer from NEMT? I tested at 2 a.m., after working two other shifts, in order to meet their 24-hour deadline.  Wasn't feeling very "elite," shouldn't have even submitted it, but didn't want to be a no-show. ...