A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Would anyone care to share how their facilities are preparing for ICD-10? - student

Posted: Feb 18, 2014

We are taking refresher courses in Anatomy, Pathophysiology, Pharmacology, Medical Terminology and then of course ICD-10 and ICD-10-PCS.  It is A LOT to do in addition to our jobs.   It is exhausting.   Is this what you are experiencing?

Yes, learning from - all sides

[ In Reply To ..]
We are going to workshops, online, our own practice coding for PCS and CMS, will start dual coding soon. Very busy. I have been checking out remote companies and they are offering their employees education in one way or another online. Amphion has a great bundle at Amphion U.

It's overwhelming at times. :( - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I haven't worked a 40 hour work week in . . . . I don't remember when. Not that I'm not grateful, but wow. Just. Wow.

Yes, same thing - We started ages ago, though

[ In Reply To ..]
We had a variety of resources to use ... books, online courses, training calls, webinars.

Most all of it provided CEUs, so no complaints there! We have several people who took the ICD-10 trainer course, which helps a lot.

Everyone gets work time for it. We already added a few positions to compensate for that and expect to add more. Lots of overtime, too.

Similar Messages:

Anyone Care To Share Info On M.I.S.T?
Aug 09, 2012

Am curious if anyone has an info, insight, yeahas or nays on M.I.S.T.  Corporation? Thanks much in advance!! :) ...

Does Anybody Care To Share About Accentus
Sep 04, 2012

Or should I say does anybody like working for them? ...

Anyone Care To Share Your Experience With
Jan 29, 2014

nm ...

Any AHD Employees Care To Share How
Feb 20, 2014

with the no spaces being counted. How do you get your lines? ...

Anyone Care To Share How Working For The NE Region Is?
Dec 09, 2009

Scheduled to start training soon. ...

Anyone Care To Share Their Experience With TransPortal
Jul 13, 2011

. ...

Care To Share Download Info. . .
Aug 20, 2012

I am curious if anyone would be willing to tell me where I could find a free download of the AAMT BOS 3rd edition? thanking one and all in advance!!! :)       ...

Anyone Working For TransTech Care To Share Your Experience,sm
Mar 30, 2011

The VR cannot even understand these ESLs, so I am not understanding why they would be placed in VR.  I mean really, this VR sucks.  It leaves out a lot of easy words that it didn't seem to catch on the English speaking docs also.  I seem to be spending a lot of time typing these ESL VR jobs instead of editing them.  Thanks for any input.  ...

Anyone Care To Share RECENT Experiences With Transform? 
Jun 06, 2011

Anyone care to share RECENT experiences with Transform?  I'm not finding anything recent about them. TIA ...

Anyone Working At Transform Care To Share Your Experience
Oct 26, 2011

Anyone working at Transform care to share your experience with this company.  I have never done editing before but I do have about 14 years oncology experience.  Is there enough work?  I would much rather do straight transcription, but it is getting more difficult every week to even find jobs hiring for it.  Also what is their pay scale for doing editing.  Do they have any straight transcription?  Thanks for your help. ...

Any X-JLGers Care To Share Experiece Since Being Bought? Sm
Nov 17, 2011

I'm curious if it is "business as usual" across the board or did that depend on what accts we worked on.  For me it has been business as usual when there is business.  I have run out of work more in the past 2 months than I did the 3+ years that I worked for JLG.  Not sure where the work is going but I have some guesses.  I'm also extremely anxious about when all the punishments kick in for us valued MTs.  I for one do not wish to be rewarded.  I think MQ ...

Anyone Care To Share Experience With SmartMed, Archives
Jun 11, 2012

TIA ...

Advice-Mixed Reviews On Transcend And Nuance, Anyone Care To Share Their Experience??
Oct 23, 2011

I am looking for a FT job with benefits and steady work.  I am considering applying to these 2 companies so I am hoping some will share their experiences good and bad so I can have something to compare to.  I currently am working on eScription through a local hospital as an IC so I wanted to apply at companies that I knew had eScription as I feel I am most productive on this platform. ...

Landmark Transcription - Anybody On Their eScription Accounts care To Share Comments?
Sep 15, 2012

Anybody on their eScription accounts care to share comments? I'm considering applying as I've read some nice things about them. ...

Anyone Care To Share Their "likes" About
Jul 30, 2012

Because I'm failing to see it's superiority over DQS 6.  None of the features seem to work right on it, and even the ASR, although still a wreck, was better in DQS 6.  For example, DQS 7 ASR puts in headings every time it hears the word plan or medication, etc.  It also fails to put any commas in when there is a sentence listing something.    Just thought it would be helpful if somebody shared something they liked about DQS 7 that DQS 6 didn't have.  ...

Preparing To Take CMT Exam
Dec 11, 2011

Any information or direction to take/prepare for the CMT exam would be greatly appreciated. I am a senior citizen and just completed in October my Medical Transcription/Terminology course at Kansas City Kansas Community College, received my certificate of completion, my grade is 96.7 overall. I just do not know where to start the process for materials to study and where to take CMT online. What study aids or guides are best and where to purchase?? All are very expensive. I am not sure my cur ...

Preparing For CPC Exam W/o School
Mar 28, 2011

I am an MT that wants to transition into coding. Is there away to prepare for the CPC exam without going to school or taking an online course?  What books do you need for studying and/or exam prep?  I am hoping that my 12+ years as an MT will help me out without having to go back to school at 42. Thanks ...

I'm Preparing A Brochure To Try To Get My Own Clients..
Nov 28, 2012

This is the first time I've done this, and I'd like to offer a free trial. However, I can't do too much as I'm still working for an MTSO. Any suggestions on what would be a reasonable amount of work to do for free?  Not sure if I should say something like maximum 10 letters, or maybe 1, 2, 3, days average work. I think the trial would be of mutual benefit.  I'd get an idea of how difficult their work is and they could see the quality of my work.  Would ...

I Typed For 13 Different Facilities Today.
Apr 20, 2010

Some of them were "sibling" facilities in a group, but all different specialties with different docs and their own CP's.  This is a regular day of typing for me.  Isn't that the pits? And I wonder why I can't type with any speed or confidence anymore?  I check and double check and listen and re-listen.  Long days.  ...

Yep, Counted Them. Typed For 9 Different Facilities.
Jun 28, 2010

They are all my "regulars."  Nothing new.  I don't even think I have a primary account any more; seems to be just first in-first out or something.    ...

Do Any American Doctors Work At VA Facilities?
Dec 21, 2011

Working on a VA account as backup and have had nothing but ESL.  Glad to know our veterans are being taken care of by foreigners. ...

I Firmly Believe That Facilities Are Being Asked To Try India MT's.
Jan 29, 2013

Why else do we have such sparse to no dictation? I think we get the left-overs and they are now sending to India, on a trial basis, those facilities that were a hold-out for USA.  I have never been this low on work. So far, I have NJA today. ...

Why Don't Facilities Simply Demand 98% Accuracy From VR Vendors? (nm)
Apr 02, 2015

. ...

Facilities Cant Make Effort To Insist Doctors Dictate
Jan 18, 2012

the effort to insist that ESL learn to speak English as least good enough to be understood by the average patient, much less MT, and the doctors cant make the effort to dictate in a responsible, professional manner.  Yet, MT/ Ed are suppose to put in a super human effort to fix this mess, usually to the detriment of our paychecks. Why should we, last person to touch the document, be expected to take the time, which we do not get paid for, to make sense of this mess.  Facility  ...

Maybe We MTs Should Start A Writing Campaign To Hospitals/medical Facilities...
Jan 29, 2015

and explain to them how they could pay us more than we make now and STILL save money by cutting out the middleman.  I plan on writing to all the hospitals in the area where I live.  Maybe, just maybe someone will listen.   ...

Another Sad Option For Medical Care Is Charity Care. Work With The People
Nov 06, 2014

...bills. Most Saint hospitals and others actually operate as non-profits, and for what they are screwing us over in taxes unpaid, they can afford to help out folks with their bills and still give their CEOs generous stock options and obscene salaries! But, you have to ask for this after your visit, treatment, x-ray, or ER visit. ASK for help if you need it. It is not our fault that suits are in charge of medical care in this country.  ...

It Was A Pleasure To Assist In Ms. **Thomas's Care Or Ms. Thomas' Care". This Gets M
Dec 15, 2009

x ...

If You're Willing To Share...
May 22, 2012

I'm interested in figuring out the average VR lines per day an MT can average with M*M as well as how many straight typing lines you get per day.  I know this is dependent on a lot of different factors like account and the skill of the MT but, if you are willing to share, I would love for people to post how many lines per day you average on VR and straight typing. Recently someone here mentioned that the top producers in their region were producing 1200 VR lines per day.  I would ...

Have To Share...
Sep 19, 2012

This job was 1561s and very likely could have been done in about 200s.    Dictated:  Eyes:  Upper case p.m. Casey upper case are case are upper case L.  Place a; of ACE upper case place M intact; Transcribed Eyes:  PERRLA, OEM intact.  The WHOLE job was dictated thusly, bear in mind he did not skip a comma, period, semi-colon, colon, dash, hyphen or slash throughout the whole thing.  Spent quite a bit of time removing colons and periods.  It was ...

MEDQUISTS GIVES $4.70 PER SHARE
Oct 01, 2010

While we make less and less, Medquist and its stockholders fiddle while our Rome burns. ...