A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Any x-JLGers care to share experiece since being bought? sm - shortcake

Posted: Nov 17, 2011

I'm curious if it is "business as usual" across the board or did that depend on what accts we worked on.  For me it has been business as usual when there is business.  I have run out of work more in the past 2 months than I did the 3+ years that I worked for JLG.  Not sure where the work is going but I have some guesses.  I'm also extremely anxious about when all the punishments kick in for us valued MTs.  I for one do not wish to be rewarded.  I think MQ was taught a different definition for reward than I was taught.  I'm hoping to ride out the year but not sure if I can. I wish all of you good luck. 

oops, I meant experience...been a long day! - shortcake

[ In Reply To ..]

JLG - just me

[ In Reply To ..]
They keep saying "it's business as usual" but I see some transformations in the last 2 weeks ... I'm getting lots more ESL,and the staff when calling me seem a lot more edgy .. "always asking how I'm doing". I wonder who is still there in workflow, I was thinking of one particular person. OH, and I got trained on a new account just last week,and guess what! Basically what I get there the last few evenings have been ESLs. I'm looking and have submitted resumes but it seems that 25+ years experience is too much.

Thanks for your reply as I feel soooo alone! Sorry about ESLs, but at least - shortcake

[ In Reply To ..]
you are getting work! Just when I think work has picked up a bit, poof, gone again. I have noticed the office staff sounding a bit distant towards me lately. I do not talk to them much but when I do, just not the same. I think that office will probably close soon. I actually asked for a new acct and never heard back, maybe I should be careful watch I wish for. I'm also looking but not in the MT field. I just feel that no matter where I go, I'll find myself back in this situation and I definitely do not want that. Best of luck to you, and try to enjoy your holidays.

Gone..poof.... - Former MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Unfortunately, it seems MQ has ramped up efforts to be rid of (either by starving or auditing out) the employees it acquires from other companies. My company (Spheris) was sold out to MQ in the spring of 2010. It was okay for awhile (about 4 months of "no change.) Then just as I dare breathe a sigh of relief, purchase a newer vehicle... BANG, the first pay cut hit, it was all downhill from there. Sounds like you poor folk from JLG aren't being given even the breathing room my co-workers and I were. So sorry for you people, no one who is a dedicated employee deserves to be treated like this. Thank you Q for ruining the lives of many honest, hard-working people and playing games with their lives. I truly wonder how these high-ups sleep at night, probably just fine in luxury homes. Well, if that's what being a suit does to you....glad I was just a lowly MT, till I moved on!

This made me laugh - MME

[ In Reply To ..]
Oh, you'll get your wish for a new account alright. As a matter of fact, you will soon have DOZENS of them.

This is your new reality - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Your work is going one of 2 places: Either it is being tossed into the general pool as "fair game" for every other employee or it is going to India. There isn't one single company bought by Medquist with even one single employee who was ever given the *privilege* of keeping their old account long-term when they come on board with Medquist. That would be giving those employees preferential treatment and that will never happen with this company. Not only has your old *account* been tossed into the general pool, but you can expect to be tossed in the general pool to work on dozens of different accounts every day just like the rest of us.

REALITY CHECK.

Similar Messages:

Anyone Care To Share Info On M.I.S.T?
Aug 09, 2012

Am curious if anyone has an info, insight, yeahas or nays on M.I.S.T.  Corporation? Thanks much in advance!! :) ...

Does Anybody Care To Share About Accentus
Sep 04, 2012

Or should I say does anybody like working for them? ...

Anyone Care To Share Your Experience With
Jan 29, 2014

nm ...

Any AHD Employees Care To Share How
Feb 20, 2014

with the no spaces being counted. How do you get your lines? ...

Anyone Care To Share How Working For The NE Region Is?
Dec 09, 2009

Scheduled to start training soon. ...

Anyone Care To Share Their Experience With TransPortal
Jul 13, 2011

. ...

Care To Share Download Info. . .
Aug 20, 2012

I am curious if anyone would be willing to tell me where I could find a free download of the AAMT BOS 3rd edition? thanking one and all in advance!!! :)       ...

Would Anyone Care To Share How Their Facilities Are Preparing For ICD-10?
Feb 18, 2014

We are taking refresher courses in Anatomy, Pathophysiology, Pharmacology, Medical Terminology and then of course ICD-10 and ICD-10-PCS.  It is A LOT to do in addition to our jobs.   It is exhausting.   Is this what you are experiencing? ...

Anyone Working For TransTech Care To Share Your Experience,sm
Mar 30, 2011

The VR cannot even understand these ESLs, so I am not understanding why they would be placed in VR.  I mean really, this VR sucks.  It leaves out a lot of easy words that it didn't seem to catch on the English speaking docs also.  I seem to be spending a lot of time typing these ESL VR jobs instead of editing them.  Thanks for any input.  ...

Anyone Care To Share RECENT Experiences With Transform? 
Jun 06, 2011

Anyone care to share RECENT experiences with Transform?  I'm not finding anything recent about them. TIA ...

Anyone Working At Transform Care To Share Your Experience
Oct 26, 2011

Anyone working at Transform care to share your experience with this company.  I have never done editing before but I do have about 14 years oncology experience.  Is there enough work?  I would much rather do straight transcription, but it is getting more difficult every week to even find jobs hiring for it.  Also what is their pay scale for doing editing.  Do they have any straight transcription?  Thanks for your help. ...

Anyone Care To Share Experience With SmartMed, Archives
Jun 11, 2012

TIA ...

Advice-Mixed Reviews On Transcend And Nuance, Anyone Care To Share Their Experience??
Oct 23, 2011

I am looking for a FT job with benefits and steady work.  I am considering applying to these 2 companies so I am hoping some will share their experiences good and bad so I can have something to compare to.  I currently am working on eScription through a local hospital as an IC so I wanted to apply at companies that I knew had eScription as I feel I am most productive on this platform. ...

Landmark Transcription - Anybody On Their eScription Accounts care To Share Comments?
Sep 15, 2012

Anybody on their eScription accounts care to share comments? I'm considering applying as I've read some nice things about them. ...

Anyone Care To Share Their "likes" About
Jul 30, 2012

Because I'm failing to see it's superiority over DQS 6.  None of the features seem to work right on it, and even the ASR, although still a wreck, was better in DQS 6.  For example, DQS 7 ASR puts in headings every time it hears the word plan or medication, etc.  It also fails to put any commas in when there is a sentence listing something.    Just thought it would be helpful if somebody shared something they liked about DQS 7 that DQS 6 didn't have.  ...

Any Other JLGers As Overwhelmed With All This Info!!! NOT HAPPY.
Sep 19, 2011

.. ...

Nuance Bought OSI And Keystrokes Bought Chartnet This Week. Any Others? Sm
Sep 26, 2010

Nuance bought Encompass recently, too.  I heard they are buying all the eScription companies.  I bet that Keystrokes gets bought by MQ soon.  What the heck is going on with all these companies buying each other?  Will there be anyone left?  ...

Another Sad Option For Medical Care Is Charity Care. Work With The People
Nov 06, 2014

...bills. Most Saint hospitals and others actually operate as non-profits, and for what they are screwing us over in taxes unpaid, they can afford to help out folks with their bills and still give their CEOs generous stock options and obscene salaries! But, you have to ask for this after your visit, treatment, x-ray, or ER visit. ASK for help if you need it. It is not our fault that suits are in charge of medical care in this country.  ...

It Was A Pleasure To Assist In Ms. **Thomas's Care Or Ms. Thomas' Care". This Gets M
Dec 15, 2009

x ...

Is MQ Getting Bought?
Nov 25, 2010

Did I read a post before that mentioned that MQ might be getting bought?  Does anyone have any info on that?  They were referring to changes being made, and trying to decide whether to stick it out or not.  TIA!  ...

Was MDI-MD Bought Out?
Dec 19, 2011

I have not seen any postings on the company for a few years.  I actually was hired by this company 2 years ago and quit very fast as my first few days were not impressive.  Tech support not calling me back, having to keep calling them,  trouble with foot pedal  not working.  Just curious.. ...

Bought Out
Jun 28, 2013

Absolutely Petrified....too young for Social Security; too old to change careers.   Went through this a few years back and honestly can't go through it again.   I don't know how some people sleep at night.    ...

Bought Out Co. And IRS
Sep 21, 2013

Has anybody worked for Alltype (Jerry Kelly) in the past in NJ?  Apparently they were bought out by Medquist or M*Modal in 2012.  I worked very briefly for Alltype in 2011 and then moved on to brighter horizons, although they reported to the IRS that I earned 4x what is actually on my W2 and according to my bank records.  IRS needs me to contact Alltype for verification but they no longer exist (number disconnected)... so what to do?  Something is very fishy and the ...

Spheris Bought Out
Feb 03, 2010

By Medquist and Cbay.  My sister works there and just told me, is on a conference call as we speak. ...

You Want To Know Why MQ Bought Out Spheris?
May 22, 2010

KOLKATA: CBay Systems — a leading healthcare BPO, that services nearly 40% of the US hospital market — is looking to become a $1-billion company and shift nearly half its work to India in the next two years. ******** Transferring work to India is a critical part of the strategy,” said Mr Kumar, one of the founders of the company. This comes within days of CBay acquiring a bankrupt clinical documentation firm Spheris in the US, which, in turn, has increased CBay’s reve ...

Nuance Bought OSI
Sep 23, 2010

Just found out Nuance bought OSI.  Can anyone with experience with this tell me what to expect. Should I be worried about major changes coming? ...

Bought A New Computer But ...
Jan 21, 2011

is it when I check on my battery status it says that it is not charging, even though it is plugged in?  Any one know how to fix this or what the problem is?  TIA. ...

Bought Out By Nuance?
Aug 27, 2011

How was your experience?  Happy with the outcome? ...

Can Anyone Tell Me What Companies Have Been Bought Out By MQ Lately?
Oct 18, 2011

I've sort of been out of the loop for a while at least as far as MQ's acquisitions are concerned.  The last I heard was the Spheris takeover of MQ...oh, wait, that's supposed to be the MQ takeover of Spheris, right?  Can anyone tell me what other companies have been purchased by MQ?  Thanks! ...

To Those Who Have Recently Been Bought By MQ And Still
Dec 07, 2011

working on your accounts from your bought-out company, are you consistently running out of work? We were told things would not change for a while but I'm running out of work all the time.  I tried to apply for SUI this morning online but with this particular situation, I could not answer some questions to complete application so  I have to go down there, which I am getting ready to do.  I don't want to quit but this is getting extremely frustrating punching in and n ...