A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Any AHD employees care to share how - your productivity is

Posted: Feb 20, 2014

with the no spaces being counted. How do you get your lines?

No spaces? No one told me that. nm - new ahd mt

[ In Reply To ..]
x

no one told you - diabla

[ In Reply To ..]
You have to interview with a list of questions, including how they count lines, etc., or you will be fooled by the interviewer. Interviewers are usually willing to tell you as little as they can to hook you. Remember, every 0.00001 cent they can wiggle out of paying to you, is money for themselves.

Well, I checked it against the Word count sm - new ahd mt

[ In Reply To ..]
at 65 cpl with spaces and it was the same, actually the AHD count was a couple of lines more.
well then what - diabla
[ In Reply To ..]
exactly is your beef?
I don't HAVE a beef. The OP said AHD didn't pay for spaces. sm - new ahd mt
[ In Reply To ..]
It just caught me by surprise because no one mentioned that. They do pay a bit more and so I thought that was the reason, but fortunately the OP is wrong. Whew! I love the company so far and love the accounts. No beef at all.
Lucky lady! nm - diabla
[ In Reply To ..]
xx

I work there and I'm paid based on a 65-character line. - ETOHPRN

[ In Reply To ..]
I can confirm their program counts ALL the characters/lines the same as what Word comes up with and my paystub matches what I send in at the end of the week as well. What are you hoping to gain by spreading false information?
A question for ETOHPRN - Captain Morgan
[ In Reply To ..]
What type of dictators do they have? Is it difficult to achieve lines because of dictation or platform?
real question is - querulous
[ In Reply To ..]
why so many ADH MTs on this site at 1 time.
Hmmmmmmm? - Lola
[ In Reply To ..]
Are you an AHD MT?
I'm sure it depends on account...I bury my head in the sand. - ETOHPRN
[ In Reply To ..]
I just do my work, do what I'm assigned, and don't ask questions. ;) So, keep that in mind.

I find the work to be, for the most part, easy peasy. There are some dictators I want to throttle, but you get that everywhere. The platform that I work on is AMAZING. It's just in Word. No dinking around with demographics or flipping through pages of stuff. On a good day, if I get dictators that talk like they should and if my joints are all limber and my attention span is full on, I can get 350 lines an hour. On my bad days, when I'm sick as a dog or scatter brained and can't connect my fingers to my brain, I've never gone below 150 LPH. Oh, AND, they have always found work for me. I think there was 1 dry spell in all those years that lasted 24 hours and that was it.

I've worked for this same place/people for the longest I've worked anywhere which is 10+ years.
:)

Thanks ETOHPRN - Captain Morgan
[ In Reply To ..]
That is very helpful information. You sound like a pretty happy MT and that's nice to see for a change:)
it would be easier I think - querulous
[ In Reply To ..]
to hunker down rather than to bury one's head in the sand. Can't hear well with sand in the canals.
Can't hear well with NOTHING in them anymore ;) - ETOHPRN
[ In Reply To ..]
I am VERY grateful for whoever on here a few years back recommended a device called a "Boostaroo" for bumping up the volume a few notches. Getting old stinks!
:)
Boostaroo - Captain Morgan
[ In Reply To ..]
I use one of those too. I find it to be helpful. Also sounds great with my MP3 player.
Must be the Fusion Software that - originator poster
[ In Reply To ..]
does not pay for spaces. They did have another account that is in straight Word document, where you have to use Express Scribe as your wave player. I guess I should have gone with that. I loved Fusion and thought I would be productive, but it is hard if you are not getting paid spaces. I did know this up front, so it was my choice. Seems I'm the only one though. I should have asked more questions.
Fusion - Tammy
[ In Reply To ..]
Is fusion straight type or VR. Not familiar with this but curious about it. In your case, you mentioned you had a choice, would you still be on the same account no matter which one you chose?
straight typing - different accounts
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

What does AHD stand for? - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Just curious...

Alliance Health Documentation. nm - new AHD mt

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Anyone Care To Share Info On M.I.S.T?
Aug 09, 2012

Am curious if anyone has an info, insight, yeahas or nays on M.I.S.T.  Corporation? Thanks much in advance!! :) ...

Does Anybody Care To Share About Accentus
Sep 04, 2012

Or should I say does anybody like working for them? ...

Anyone Care To Share Your Experience With
Jan 29, 2014

nm ...

Anyone Care To Share How Working For The NE Region Is?
Dec 09, 2009

Scheduled to start training soon. ...

Anyone Care To Share Their Experience With TransPortal
Jul 13, 2011

. ...

Care To Share Download Info. . .
Aug 20, 2012

I am curious if anyone would be willing to tell me where I could find a free download of the AAMT BOS 3rd edition? thanking one and all in advance!!! :)       ...

Would Anyone Care To Share How Their Facilities Are Preparing For ICD-10?
Feb 18, 2014

We are taking refresher courses in Anatomy, Pathophysiology, Pharmacology, Medical Terminology and then of course ICD-10 and ICD-10-PCS.  It is A LOT to do in addition to our jobs.   It is exhausting.   Is this what you are experiencing? ...

Anyone Working For TransTech Care To Share Your Experience,sm
Mar 30, 2011

The VR cannot even understand these ESLs, so I am not understanding why they would be placed in VR.  I mean really, this VR sucks.  It leaves out a lot of easy words that it didn't seem to catch on the English speaking docs also.  I seem to be spending a lot of time typing these ESL VR jobs instead of editing them.  Thanks for any input.  ...

Anyone Care To Share RECENT Experiences With Transform? 
Jun 06, 2011

Anyone care to share RECENT experiences with Transform?  I'm not finding anything recent about them. TIA ...

Anyone Working At Transform Care To Share Your Experience
Oct 26, 2011

Anyone working at Transform care to share your experience with this company.  I have never done editing before but I do have about 14 years oncology experience.  Is there enough work?  I would much rather do straight transcription, but it is getting more difficult every week to even find jobs hiring for it.  Also what is their pay scale for doing editing.  Do they have any straight transcription?  Thanks for your help. ...

Any X-JLGers Care To Share Experiece Since Being Bought? Sm
Nov 17, 2011

I'm curious if it is "business as usual" across the board or did that depend on what accts we worked on.  For me it has been business as usual when there is business.  I have run out of work more in the past 2 months than I did the 3+ years that I worked for JLG.  Not sure where the work is going but I have some guesses.  I'm also extremely anxious about when all the punishments kick in for us valued MTs.  I for one do not wish to be rewarded.  I think MQ ...

Anyone Care To Share Experience With SmartMed, Archives
Jun 11, 2012

TIA ...

Advice-Mixed Reviews On Transcend And Nuance, Anyone Care To Share Their Experience??
Oct 23, 2011

I am looking for a FT job with benefits and steady work.  I am considering applying to these 2 companies so I am hoping some will share their experiences good and bad so I can have something to compare to.  I currently am working on eScription through a local hospital as an IC so I wanted to apply at companies that I knew had eScription as I feel I am most productive on this platform. ...

Landmark Transcription - Anybody On Their eScription Accounts care To Share Comments?
Sep 15, 2012

Anybody on their eScription accounts care to share comments? I'm considering applying as I've read some nice things about them. ...

Any Current Employees At Keystrokes Care To Comment
Oct 24, 2012

Any current employees at Keystrokes care to comment on how things are there these days?  ...

Anyone Care To Share Their "likes" About
Jul 30, 2012

Because I'm failing to see it's superiority over DQS 6.  None of the features seem to work right on it, and even the ASR, although still a wreck, was better in DQS 6.  For example, DQS 7 ASR puts in headings every time it hears the word plan or medication, etc.  It also fails to put any commas in when there is a sentence listing something.    Just thought it would be helpful if somebody shared something they liked about DQS 7 that DQS 6 didn't have.  ...

OMG How Funny - Read Glassdoor Opinion Of Employees, US Versus Indian Employees!
Aug 05, 2013

I was just curious about what employees thought of Nuance on Glassdoor.  You read several US employee opinions and they reflect the morale listed on MTStars.  Scroll further down and read the opinions of the transcriptionists from India.  What a difference.  They are highly satisfied with their jobs and most have been working with Nuance for 6 to 7 years.  The US transcriptionists are very sad!!  What a difference..... ...

Another Sad Option For Medical Care Is Charity Care. Work With The People
Nov 06, 2014

...bills. Most Saint hospitals and others actually operate as non-profits, and for what they are screwing us over in taxes unpaid, they can afford to help out folks with their bills and still give their CEOs generous stock options and obscene salaries! But, you have to ask for this after your visit, treatment, x-ray, or ER visit. ASK for help if you need it. It is not our fault that suits are in charge of medical care in this country.  ...

It Was A Pleasure To Assist In Ms. **Thomas's Care Or Ms. Thomas' Care". This Gets M
Dec 15, 2009

x ...

If You're Willing To Share...
May 22, 2012

I'm interested in figuring out the average VR lines per day an MT can average with M*M as well as how many straight typing lines you get per day.  I know this is dependent on a lot of different factors like account and the skill of the MT but, if you are willing to share, I would love for people to post how many lines per day you average on VR and straight typing. Recently someone here mentioned that the top producers in their region were producing 1200 VR lines per day.  I would ...

Have To Share...
Sep 19, 2012

This job was 1561s and very likely could have been done in about 200s.    Dictated:  Eyes:  Upper case p.m. Casey upper case are case are upper case L.  Place a; of ACE upper case place M intact; Transcribed Eyes:  PERRLA, OEM intact.  The WHOLE job was dictated thusly, bear in mind he did not skip a comma, period, semi-colon, colon, dash, hyphen or slash throughout the whole thing.  Spent quite a bit of time removing colons and periods.  It was ...

MEDQUISTS GIVES $4.70 PER SHARE
Oct 01, 2010

While we make less and less, Medquist and its stockholders fiddle while our Rome burns. ...

Got Some Gratitude To Share
Apr 06, 2011

I am grateful to have a job today.  I am grateful that work is available on that job.  I am grateful that it pays well.  I am just grateful.  It may not always be like that, but the majority of the time I have work, and can make money to pay my bills.  Not alot of people can say that.  Not to mention when I am sick like I am now, I can work in the comfort of my own home.  That in itself is a blessing!  I wish this for all of us.  Anybody else with gra ...

Sorry, Have To Share. Thought I Had Seen Everything.
Feb 28, 2012

ASR:  CAT of Eric vein  Dictated:  Cadaveric vein.  ...

ASR Blunder....HAD To Share!
May 09, 2012

...cervicovaginal reflection was then infiltrated "scum french lady" (circumferentially)...   some of this stuff you just can't make up!  ...

Too Funny Not To Share...
Jul 14, 2012

Here is an example of why we need to keep a sense of humor about what we do.  I am sure it shows other things but after the last day of transcribing this long psych eval -  the only thing I need more than humor is bourbon. (BTW, I gave up and am doing the last section of this report this morning.  My poor brain couldn't handle any more last night.) “… which suggests some risk for future problems in the future if treatment in this area of treatment efforts are un ...

I Couldn't Help It, Had To Share
Dec 18, 2012

One of my little foreign dictating darlins dictated under Social History said, patient doesn't smoke alcohol..   ...

Anyone Have A Tip They Can Share For Deleting
Nov 02, 2014

When doing VR, which of course is 98% of the time, I keep my hands at the bottom of the keyboard, left hand near Cntl, right hand hovering over the arrow keys.  Since there is a lot of deleting to do, you have to reach up to the top right corner of the laptop to press delete.  Of course I always have to look to make sure I don't accidentally hit insert.  It's so annoying.  Is there an easier way that I'm not thinking of?  Any suggestions would be SOOOO app ...

My TSM Felt It Appropriate To Share That She Had
Jan 15, 2015

since her baby slept through the night. She is refreshed and ready to go today. Apparently she does spend sleepness nights wondering how she'll pay her bills under this new exciting pay plan in addition to sleepless babies/kids. How insulting. Do they even think before they send these junk messages out ? ...

Share The Same Feelings?
Feb 17, 2015

I get several audits within the "acceptable" range and a "well done." Now, I get a mid-month audit where I fail the standard. ARGH!!! I hate this constant up and down.  Envy those who are able to achieve 100% and get whopping line counts.  Not happening  for me, however. ...