A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Yep, counted them. Typed for 9 different facilities. - sick and tired

Posted: Jun 28, 2010

They are all my "regulars."  Nothing new.  I don't even think I have a primary account any more; seems to be just first in-first out or something.   

I am the "9" from down below - we must be on the same accounts

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree with you on your theory of first in-first out. I think the whole area is set up so that whatever job is next "time wise" gets passed on to next open transcriptionist. That is why I flip flop from account to account to account all day.

I come to appreciate 2 jobs from the same account in a row. How sad.

First Time Right! - Sludge

[ In Reply To ..]
You're supposed to face all that with a smile on your face! We just got an e-mail from our new QTL reminding us about leaving QA markers. She mentioned that in all the reports she went through with 8 or 9 markers, SHE was able to hear all but maybe one blank. Goodie!Goodie! Well maybe WE can't. I'll bet you a million bucks, MQ, that your newbies aren't even as good as I am. So we're supposed to take a cut in pay and just sent all reports to QA that have more than 3 markers or more? She mentioned how First Time Right empowers us by allowing us to use our resources??? Oh, the ones the Q took away? What about that extra set of ears we used to have when they valued paying people to QA?? The cesspool has now become a snake pit where it's do or die.

And one of the resources is - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
report look-up. Where others have typed reports on the same patient or by the same dictator - how many mistakes are in those reports?? Sometimes the format is not even anything like the client profile states. So how is that helpful at all??

I've used that - Sludge

[ In Reply To ..]
only because they can track to see if you have used the system. When I use it in the myriad of ways possible (time-consuming), 3/4 of the time I find no report, so is a total waste of time to me.

I had to laugh - at the FTR essay contest

[ In Reply To ..]
It's like MQ pooped and then asked us to write about how good it smelled.

Similar Messages:

I Typed For 13 Different Facilities Today.
Apr 20, 2010

Some of them were "sibling" facilities in a group, but all different specialties with different docs and their own CP's.  This is a regular day of typing for me.  Isn't that the pits? And I wonder why I can't type with any speed or confidence anymore?  I check and double check and listen and re-listen.  Long days.  ...

Should We Be Counted Off For Blanks.
Jun 07, 2013

I have been taught better safe than sorry and I have been a transcriptionist for 15 years.  I am docked .05 for each blank, but the standard 3.0 (CPSE) if I got it wrong it happens to be pullled for QA.  I know this is a rhetorical question as we are all professionals, but would you leave a blank and take the 0.5 right off the bat or risk the patient on a lab value, drug name, dosage or diagnosis and take the 3.0 IF that report was pulled for QA? ...

Counted The Ones Who Passed
Feb 11, 2015

in my pod from the list they sent out.  Two-thirds passed, one-third failed.  (I was in the fail group).  Let the Indians do it and see how they score.  I hate this BS ...

HOW ARE OUR LINES COUNTED
Apr 21, 2015

With the new pay plan, I know we take our lines for edit work and cut them in half.    my question, are my transcribed lines also cut in half?????  god I hope not ...

Do Any American Doctors Work At VA Facilities?
Dec 21, 2011

Working on a VA account as backup and have had nothing but ESL.  Glad to know our veterans are being taken care of by foreigners. ...

I Firmly Believe That Facilities Are Being Asked To Try India MT's.
Jan 29, 2013

Why else do we have such sparse to no dictation? I think we get the left-overs and they are now sending to India, on a trial basis, those facilities that were a hold-out for USA.  I have never been this low on work. So far, I have NJA today. ...

Would Anyone Care To Share How Their Facilities Are Preparing For ICD-10?
Feb 18, 2014

We are taking refresher courses in Anatomy, Pathophysiology, Pharmacology, Medical Terminology and then of course ICD-10 and ICD-10-PCS.  It is A LOT to do in addition to our jobs.   It is exhausting.   Is this what you are experiencing? ...

Letterhead Using Text Box Counted?
Dec 20, 2010

As far as I have researched, text boxes cannot be counted in a document unless checked off in the line counting software, even in MS Word's Wounsel/Line Count.  It ony counts 1 line if Ihighlight the text box.  The text box is setup to show in the background, although the header is showing in front of it.  It is about 2 inches in height.  If I delete the text box, the header is still there.  Please advise if you have any experience with this.  Thanks! ...

Straight Transcription Counted As ASR
Nov 25, 2013

Noticed today that my one and only transcription report, was counted as an ASR job. What? I debated what to do, because it was a short dictation, after all. But, no I can't allow that. I have to count every penny. So watch those kinds of things, too. Check your stats, make some type of notation. Shouldn't let this type of thing go... ...

Why Don't Facilities Simply Demand 98% Accuracy From VR Vendors? (nm)
Apr 02, 2015

. ...

Facilities Cant Make Effort To Insist Doctors Dictate
Jan 18, 2012

the effort to insist that ESL learn to speak English as least good enough to be understood by the average patient, much less MT, and the doctors cant make the effort to dictate in a responsible, professional manner.  Yet, MT/ Ed are suppose to put in a super human effort to fix this mess, usually to the detriment of our paychecks. Why should we, last person to touch the document, be expected to take the time, which we do not get paid for, to make sense of this mess.  Facility  ...

Maybe We MTs Should Start A Writing Campaign To Hospitals/medical Facilities...
Jan 29, 2015

and explain to them how they could pay us more than we make now and STILL save money by cutting out the middleman.  I plan on writing to all the hospitals in the area where I live.  Maybe, just maybe someone will listen.   ...

If An Audit Slams You For An Error Counted As 0.25, How Is The Percentage 97.88%?
Mar 18, 2010

I am confused.  ...

Most Transcriptionist Are IC And Don't Get Unemployment Or Counted In Any Employment Rolls.
Jan 07, 2012

There may be new healthcare jobs but let's face it they aren't for us kids!  Most of us who are running out of work or making less or just plain losing our jobs don't file for unemployment because we are SE from a company out of station that doesn't pay our unemployment or we are IC in the same situation.  How many of those healthcare jobs are for IT to set up the systems replacing us!  ...

Question About 7 Cents A Line With Spaces Counted
May 10, 2012

I have a question:  I currently make 8 cents a line, but it is VBC.  If I had a job that paid 7 cents normally, but paid for spaces and other things in the report would one be coming out ahead making at least 8 cents a line or may be even more when it is all figured out?  Has anyone ever done this and actually making more $$$ by making the 7 cents a line instead of 8 cents?   I used to have a job that paid 10 to 10.5 cents a line, but they sold out. I was just ...

How Should This Be Typed
Feb 23, 2010

1-1/2 inch or 1.5 inch Had a doctor say 1.5 inch needle and I was taught that it should be 1-1/2 inch needle. Thanks ...

How Is This Typed?
Aug 14, 2010

Is it 36 weeks and 1 day gestation or 36 weeks 1 day gestation?  Thanx ...

Typed By An ILP
Feb 03, 2012

Typed (not ASR):  CAT scan of the cervical area done on the genitalia first.  Dictated:  CAT scan of the cervical area done on January 31. This person isn't even on 100% QA.  You get what you pay for.   ...

6MP Protonix - Typed Right??
Nov 07, 2009

I'm just not sure.  thanks for any help! ...

No Pay For Lines Typed
Dec 04, 2013

No pay for lines typed (1400 to be exact).  Manager and supervisor won't address issue.  Have no contact with HR or Payroll as they will not respond to e-mails or phone calls.  Should I contact the labor board to get paid? ...

Wow, I Typed 1 Whole Report...
Nov 27, 2014

x ...

I Cant Seem To Get Into See My Lines Typed. Nm
Dec 09, 2014

nm ...

Typed As Dicated, I Can't Seem To Break It Up
Feb 08, 2010

She has had bilateral tremors dating back at least a year and a half, when we first saw her in July, and noted a long history of anxiety and Geodon use, the latter starting about 3 months before the tremor, and at the time noticed on exam a 4-extremity tremor, worse right greater than left, a mixed rest and action, with marked rigidity right greater than left, upright gait with some posture instability and a masked facies with a decreased blink rate and a po ...

Sentence Help? This Is Typed As Dictated
Feb 15, 2010

41-year-old woman with recurrent spells associated with headaches, long-term video EEG monitoring suggests these are nonepileptic seizures, and a patient with a history of depression and suffered a poor history of childhood abuse.     this sentence seems all wrong, yet I try to break it up and to me what I type looks wrong as well.  ...

Sentence Help?? Typed As Dictated.
Feb 18, 2010

Unfortunately, MRI does show the possibility of discogenic source of pain, but also epidural fibrosis. The latter is worrisome given source of pain below her legs.   this does not look right at all to me. maybe " MRI does show the possibility of a discogenic source of pain and also epidural fibrosis"  ? ...

Job Typed, But Not On Statistics Detail Log Which
Jun 28, 2010

means I typed a job, but someone else got the credit for it.  Im new to MQ and I dont know what I did to have this happen.  I sure dont want it to happen again.  Has this happened to anyone else?  When IT researched the jobs it said it had been "discarded." ...

Just Had A Doc, Total Stranger, Never Typed Before,
Mar 18, 2011

I had a great weekend.  It was so nice.  Takes so little to make me a happy camper anymore. ...

L4-L5-S1 Infusion? Is This Typed Correctly?
Sep 29, 2011

Dr. says the patient underwent an L4-L5-S1 infusion. Or is it fusion? Also not sure if the L4 through S1 is typed correctly. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! ...

Has Anyone Typed Stenotic Coughing?
Apr 10, 2012

I was typing a discharge summary and the physician said stenotic coughing. I looked it up, but could not find anything. Thanks for the responses. ...

Typed 24 Reports So Far; Have Earned 24.97
Apr 20, 2012

nm ...