A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What other discussion boards are there for coders? - new to coding

Posted: Mar 10, 2015

I've found a few but they all have very old posts of them.  I alraedy know about the AAPC boards of course.

Thank you.

Facebook? - Correct me if I am wrong

[ In Reply To ..]
If you have Facebook, you might be able to join a medical coding group. I'm not sure if AHIMA has anything. Maybe Andrews?

Several Facebook Groups - MT to Coder

[ In Reply To ..]
I've joined several medical coding groups on Facebook, a few of which are focused on people that are just starting out in coding. I haven't joined the AAPC group, but it's open for anyone to see what others have posted. AHIMA is not, so you'd have to ask to join that one. LinkedIn is also another place that has a medical coding forum.

Similar Messages:

Along The Same Vein As The QA Discussion Below, Here's An Example Of An
Sep 03, 2011

unnecessary blank.  This is before I ever even start to listen to the report... In the medication list: _____ 0.4 mg sublingually p.r.n. chest pain. NOW, I don't care how badly the dictator butchered the word, it is OBVIOUS what this blank should be even WITHOUT listening to the dictation.  Any MT worth a dime, would be able to deduce what the doctor was saying.  There is more to this job than simply typing what you hear!  ...

The Discussion Over Potassium Value Of 216.
May 08, 2012

Although my view on this issue is that, yes, a seasoned transcriptionist should recognize that 216 was not the proper value (and I can see QA flagging that as a serious error), the point I'd like to make is that this is the crazy problem with MTSOs thinking that ASR can replace the human, experienced transcriptionist. Without an MT's knowledge that "this value" or "that dosage" doesn't make sense, this is exactly the type of error that ASR will continue to crank out.  The qu ...

Boostaroo: Re A Small Discussion About
Sep 11, 2010

This is mentioned as a great product to increase the volume on voice files.  I went to Radio Shack and checked it out.  The picture shows what looks like a very short cord.  Could someone explain how this works?  I currently have to plug my headset directly into the front of my computer because there was no sound when I plugged them into my speakers.  Would I plug the Boostaroo into the computer?  Does the headset then plug into the Boostaroo?  Also, in the pic ...

There Is A Fantastic Discussion About Nuance Going On Over On The
Aug 03, 2014

It is information that I wish had been shared here instead. See tabs at left, Company Board. Start with a line that says Max frustration... Very good hard data, not just you and me moaning!   ...

From The Discussion About Automation Below - Just Some Thoughts
Jan 20, 2015

can't remember who's quote this is, but I read it in my teens, and he was an American Indian looking to the future (even back then) and he was wondering how "man is going to survive his own insignificance." now it makes even more sense to me... am a fan of Isaac Asimov and his science fiction novels (he actually was a professor of biochemistry) and especially the robot series - he wrote these futuristic type mysteries all involving robots and they give such a good description of what ...

Job Boards
Dec 09, 2010

I am just finishing up my medical transcription course and was wondering if anyone knew if it is helpful to use the job seeker's board/resume bank on this site? Has anyone ever gotten any responses from it? Thanks. ...

Okay, Need Info After An Extended And Heated Discussion With QA ....
Mar 28, 2011

Should a speciality such as neurology, orthopedics, etc., be capitalized in a sentence?  Example would be ... No neurology consult has been ordered.   I am receiving conflicting information from QA.   TIA ...

Is There A Coder Discussion Board Besides The One On MTStars?
Dec 29, 2011

Perhaps another website coder discussion board would help an MT decide what avenue to explore.... ...

I'm Ignorant About IPads Etc - Open Discussion
Jan 10, 2013

I confess to being totally ignorant about technology newer than laptops (okay, so my age is showing ....) In the past when travelling and working I have always taken my laptop with me, but it seems so cumbersome compared to what others seem to be using. However when I have looked at smaller options I am not sure that they would handle all the attachments that go with this job (I use external keyboard and mouse for my fat fingers), headphones, foot pedal etc and I am not sure they would allow m ...

We Had A Discussion Earlier About Unpaid Work
Jun 07, 2015

And I was told that they "give" you extra in each report. I had a no dictation report and the line count is 0.02 of a line. Is that what you deem satisfactory for the unpaid work we do? ...

Maybe We Could Split Into Two MM Boards
Mar 16, 2014

How To Link On The Boards
May 04, 2014

How to easily link to boards here, since links don't "click" unless one does the following. Go to the site you want to link. Highlight it as if you were "copying" it. Paste into Link field here below your note. You subject line will come up in that link and we can all click it. ...

I Think We Need Two Nuance Boards
Jan 22, 2015

Sometimes I think we need two Nuance boards.  One for everyone who is disgruntled and need a place to vent, and another for those of us who are trying to keep a positive outlook can find some encouragement.  The "Gooooood Morning" post a few days ago made me think about that.  It would be good to interact with our fellow Nuance coworkers, but after visiting the board, I am usually upset and rattled by all the negativity...... ...

Why Do Topics Disappear? Looking For Discussion From A Day Or So Ago About Webmedx/MTEC
Mar 12, 2010

There was a discussion started a couple days ago discussing MTEC and the relationship with Webmedx that was interesting, and I can not find it anywhere. Any ideas where it went off to, and if it disappeared, why?!? Thanks!! ...

There Was A Discussion On The Company Board About Tax Deducions And I'm Curious. Sm
Feb 03, 2013

Their discussion got a little heated and I'm not interested in that, but I have been an IC the last couple of years and I have never had enough deductions to itemize -- is that unusual? I am single, no dependents, my office portion of my apartment is only about 10%, so that means only about $100/month for rent/utilities/internet, so still way below the standard deduction. Am I missing something? TIA. ...

Concerning The Discussion A Few Days Ago About Which Heading Gait Testing Goes Under.
Jun 27, 2015

Gait testing is part of the neurological examination and should therefore go under that heading.  From my perspective, healthcare document integrity should hold sway over account specs or doctor preferences.  Too many doctors think all that matters is what they say or how they interpret what is said, which is total bunk.  If that were true, we would all just start typing melanotic stools every time one of these medical geniuses dictates that because certainly there isn't a do ...

Why Are There Lines Through Some Posts On The Boards?
Oct 04, 2012

x ...

Any Coding Job Seeker Boards?
Jul 21, 2013

Hi I was just wondering if there are any boards with coding jobs listed on here? I just thought that maybe there is somewhere since they have this coding/billing forum?  Any ideas?? Thanks   ...

What Is Wrong With The Boards Today?
Aug 19, 2014

Nothing shows up. ...

COMMENTS TO MTSO'S WHO READ THESE BOARDS
Jun 26, 2011

As much as we all like for things to go back the way they were before VR, before offshoring, before the EMR, that is unlikely to happen.  I come from an era of transcription where we actually could support ourselves on being a medical transcriptionist.  Unfortunately, that is not the case with transcription any longer.  I work for three different companies and there isn't a dime's worth of diference in any of them low pay, long hours, supervisors that are not MTs that ar ...

Fact Checker - Those Of Us Who Have Read These Boards
Sep 02, 2010

for a while know you must be "that guy" whose responsibility it is to come here and do damage control.  Whenever something big happens in a company or an MT gets a raw deal, there is always someone who attaches themselves to a thread to blame the MT - obviously their quality sucked or clearly they didn't show up for work or everyone else is getting laid off so why not you. Here's the thing - we see you a mile away. The fact that you randomly decided to show up on the boards  ...

How Come There Are SO Many Messages Posted To The Wrong Boards Lately?
Nov 18, 2010

Messages are appearing on the main board for word help, questions about companies, and those looking for jobs. Messages are posted on the Job Seeker's board for questions about companies.  Is there that many new people on this board that haven't read the guidelines or checked the different boards out before posting or is everyone just in a hurry and decide to post wherever or whatever board they are on? Sorry, people, but I'm in a bad mood today and when I go to t ...

Please Add July And August Tabs To The Other Boards
Aug 07, 2014

... ...

Now I Know Why People Post Questions On The Boards Rather Than Ask Supervisors
Jan 18, 2010

The original company I worked for was sold to a big company and I had loads of unanswered questions.  I would call supervisor or someone who had been in contact with the peeps from my old company and ask away.  Now I find out I have been labeled a troublemaker because I ask too many questions.  I guess I would have been wiser to just come on this board and fire away with complaints, questions or anything else I wanted to know.  I know my future is gone now where I am. &n ...

Any MTSOs On These Boards Anymore? Question For Someone Who Is Either MTSO Or Has Their Own Clients
Apr 29, 2015

I have been using OLD system with Windows 2000 and Outlook express to run the Digital Dictate and Express Delegate.  It is finally starting to give me issues.  I was looking into jsut upgrading to a new platform, BUT with all the cloud type places out there, the idea of not having to deal with equipment at all is quite intriguing. Who is using something beside Dial Dictate and Express Delegate to get their dictations and send to any MTs working with them?   Thanks  Maggie ...

Transcend "advisory Boards". I Would Think Everyone Should Be
Feb 28, 2011

leary of getting involved in these 2 projects.  The leaders have proven to many of us that they cannot be trusted and will just work to hold whatever is said or suggested against you.  The employee advocate is a joke.  ...

Hello Coders!
Dec 21, 2009

Where are you all?  Enjoying your work?  ...

The Best Coders
Jan 31, 2010

I would love to get the point of view of others on this topic. I've been watching coders for years, our graduates and others. I've found from my own experience that the best coders are people who enjoy more structure than one might find in medical transcription, for example. People who enjoy accounting, bankers, medical office managers, many nurses, and sometimes burned-out MTs. If you have 10 medical transcriptionists transcribe a report, you may have that many different versions, ea ...

For VA Coders
Jan 18, 2012

requirements say that education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.  If we did not attend an accredited school, can we still apply?  It says applicants must only report attendance or degrees from such.  So, don't bother reporting if you didn't attend an accredited school?  How's that work? ...

Coders-is There A Way
Jan 22, 2012

to check out coding and what it is all about before going through a course. I am interested in doing coding but am unsure if it is right for me. Thank you for your thoughts and input. ...