A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Why do topics disappear? Looking for discussion from a day or so ago about Webmedx/MTEC - mt2b

Posted: Mar 12, 2010

There was a discussion started a couple days ago discussing MTEC and the relationship with Webmedx that was interesting, and I can not find it anywhere. Any ideas where it went off to, and if it disappeared, why?!? Thanks!!

Well, check the company board, which is where that kind of thing is supposed to go. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Nuance Acquires Webmedx And MTEC--press Release
Jul 14, 2011

http://www.nuance.com/company/news-room/press-releases/NC_017438 It's a sad day.    ...

Topics Turning Purple
Mar 14, 2012

I know this really isn't important, but it's driving me nuts!! Whenever I used to click on a topic, it would turn purple and stay purple. However, it stopped doing that a few days ago and stays blue now. Can someone please help me stay purple again? LOL ...

Entire Message Threads Disappear?
Oct 02, 2013

I was following a message thread this morning but now the entire conversation has disappeared, anyone else notice this?  I am just curious why it would disappear as there was nothing I considered worse than any other posts.  A little cat fighting, but that is not unusual (heehe).  Things that make you say "hmmmmm".  Just curious. ...

Anybody Here At MTec Right Now?
Sep 01, 2010

My instructor resigned (and she was my 2nd one and I loved her).  I heard in my study group another instructor was let go.  Now the cmopany (Webmedx) that owns Mtec is letting MTs go.  I am seriously worried.  Are we going to be able to get through our course?  Will there be any jobs?  I feel sick.     ...

Does Anyone If Mtec Updated Their Cds
Jun 23, 2012

Hi all. This is for anyone who's graduated from the M-Tec program recently or knows anything about M-Tec. Do they still have the same SUM transcription audios? I'm hoping they updated that part of their curriculum, and would like to know if that's been done yet. thank you. ...

MTEC Closed
May 06, 2014

I graduated from there 3 years ago.  Gave up on a MT career but still get their employment opportunity emails.  The one today said they're closed.  News to me.  Anyone know why?  ...

MTEC Is Closed
May 08, 2014

Their last day was May 5.  It looks like they're closing down services to grads, too, something I thought would never go away.  In my mind, there is no doubt transcription is a sinking ship.  ...

More And Positive Changes Happening With MTEC
Mar 10, 2010

Starting immediately, the 9 month program will be a 12 month program. (The reason why they shortened the program at all was to apply for national accrediation which would allow students to apply for grants.) Starting April 1st, no retakes on tests, and we will now be grading all the advanced reports that you are currently doing for review. There is also a failure to progress policy which states that a student must submit 50% of the work for the month or be put on academic probation. If they d ...

Are Andrews, MTec And CareerStep Still Considered The Top 3?
Dec 28, 2011

Just a general question and it seems that these are the top three as far as offering the best education and preparedness for certification.  Enrolling has me a bit nervous, so I want to make sure I'm getting my money's (and time's) worth. TIA!!! ...

Along The Same Vein As The QA Discussion Below, Here's An Example Of An
Sep 03, 2011

unnecessary blank.  This is before I ever even start to listen to the report... In the medication list: _____ 0.4 mg sublingually p.r.n. chest pain. NOW, I don't care how badly the dictator butchered the word, it is OBVIOUS what this blank should be even WITHOUT listening to the dictation.  Any MT worth a dime, would be able to deduce what the doctor was saying.  There is more to this job than simply typing what you hear!  ...

The Discussion Over Potassium Value Of 216.
May 08, 2012

Although my view on this issue is that, yes, a seasoned transcriptionist should recognize that 216 was not the proper value (and I can see QA flagging that as a serious error), the point I'd like to make is that this is the crazy problem with MTSOs thinking that ASR can replace the human, experienced transcriptionist. Without an MT's knowledge that "this value" or "that dosage" doesn't make sense, this is exactly the type of error that ASR will continue to crank out.  The qu ...

MTEC Student Seeking Graduation/job Search Advise
Mar 04, 2011

Hi MT stars:  I am a student approaching graudation in June.  As I get to the close of my education, I want to seek expert direction in the way I should go to ensure success.  Can anyone please help and guide me in the way I should go? 1)  Should I take the CMT course offered to enhance my resume, not to mention my skills?  When should I take it, i.e., after I finish the education, or in the last session or other? 2)  When should I start seeking for my employment, ...

Boostaroo: Re A Small Discussion About
Sep 11, 2010

This is mentioned as a great product to increase the volume on voice files.  I went to Radio Shack and checked it out.  The picture shows what looks like a very short cord.  Could someone explain how this works?  I currently have to plug my headset directly into the front of my computer because there was no sound when I plugged them into my speakers.  Would I plug the Boostaroo into the computer?  Does the headset then plug into the Boostaroo?  Also, in the pic ...

There Is A Fantastic Discussion About Nuance Going On Over On The
Aug 03, 2014

It is information that I wish had been shared here instead. See tabs at left, Company Board. Start with a line that says Max frustration... Very good hard data, not just you and me moaning!   ...

From The Discussion About Automation Below - Just Some Thoughts
Jan 20, 2015

can't remember who's quote this is, but I read it in my teens, and he was an American Indian looking to the future (even back then) and he was wondering how "man is going to survive his own insignificance." now it makes even more sense to me... am a fan of Isaac Asimov and his science fiction novels (he actually was a professor of biochemistry) and especially the robot series - he wrote these futuristic type mysteries all involving robots and they give such a good description of what ...

What Other Discussion Boards Are There For Coders?
Mar 10, 2015

I've found a few but they all have very old posts of them.  I alraedy know about the AAPC boards of course.   Thank you. ...

Okay, Need Info After An Extended And Heated Discussion With QA ....
Mar 28, 2011

Should a speciality such as neurology, orthopedics, etc., be capitalized in a sentence?  Example would be ... No neurology consult has been ordered.   I am receiving conflicting information from QA.   TIA ...

Is There A Coder Discussion Board Besides The One On MTStars?
Dec 29, 2011

Perhaps another website coder discussion board would help an MT decide what avenue to explore.... ...

I'm Ignorant About IPads Etc - Open Discussion
Jan 10, 2013

I confess to being totally ignorant about technology newer than laptops (okay, so my age is showing ....) In the past when travelling and working I have always taken my laptop with me, but it seems so cumbersome compared to what others seem to be using. However when I have looked at smaller options I am not sure that they would handle all the attachments that go with this job (I use external keyboard and mouse for my fat fingers), headphones, foot pedal etc and I am not sure they would allow m ...

We Had A Discussion Earlier About Unpaid Work
Jun 07, 2015

And I was told that they "give" you extra in each report. I had a no dictation report and the line count is 0.02 of a line. Is that what you deem satisfactory for the unpaid work we do? ...

There Was A Discussion On The Company Board About Tax Deducions And I'm Curious. Sm
Feb 03, 2013

Their discussion got a little heated and I'm not interested in that, but I have been an IC the last couple of years and I have never had enough deductions to itemize -- is that unusual? I am single, no dependents, my office portion of my apartment is only about 10%, so that means only about $100/month for rent/utilities/internet, so still way below the standard deduction. Am I missing something? TIA. ...

Concerning The Discussion A Few Days Ago About Which Heading Gait Testing Goes Under.
Jun 27, 2015

Gait testing is part of the neurological examination and should therefore go under that heading.  From my perspective, healthcare document integrity should hold sway over account specs or doctor preferences.  Too many doctors think all that matters is what they say or how they interpret what is said, which is total bunk.  If that were true, we would all just start typing melanotic stools every time one of these medical geniuses dictates that because certainly there isn't a do ...

Hmm Will We @ Webmedx Get Nothing After-sm
Dec 19, 2009

being slapped in the face the whole year?  Looks like it to me.  Oh well, it beats the print-your-own cookbook. What a mess this company has turned out to be.  Even Transcend still manages to be thoughtful during the holidays. ...

Where To After Webmedx?
Dec 23, 2009

Those of you who left Wedmedx after finding out our pay will be cut again due to the great production potential coming with the switch to M-Modal (oh, my goodness--how many of us do they think fell off the turnip truck?), where'd you go?  Is it any better? ...

Webmedx Cpl For ASR
Apr 07, 2010

Hoping someone can help me with a few questions.  Considering making a change to Webmedx and was wondering about the cpl for ASR.  I also hear that they have lots of overtime and was hoping someone can validate this information.  Any input is appreciated. ...

Webmedx Needs To Pay
Apr 24, 2010

The unremarkable Wedmedx needs to pay for the downtime MTs are incurring because they want to switch everything over to their horrendous ISR.  The unremarkable Webmedx requires 1 to 4 hours to get new computers up and running and yet we production people are supposed to make up that time or use our PTO time or just not get paid.  The unremarkable Webmedx just hired new people and gave them bonuses to sign on but can't pay their longtime loyal employees for time lost due to no ...

Webmedx MTs
Sep 03, 2010

I just want you to know what a phenomenal job I think you all did on those atrocious accounts.  I QA'ed your work and was amazed at what you could decipher out of those dictations.  You are all amazing MTs in my eyes and any company out there would be lucky to have you working for them. I am so sorry we are all going through this but everything happens for a reason, so they say.  Let's just hope we all have brighter days ahead of us and better things. I was blessed to wo ...

Webmedx Pay Better Than Most
Oct 16, 2010

I know a lot of MTs and I keep getting calls to get on MTStars and read the latest bashing of Webmedx.  So when I finished work today I decided to do just that.  To hear all of your complaints I wonder if this is the same company I've been working for all these years. I've been editing since ISR started with them and it took me about a year to make up and at times exceed where I was.  Now I prefer ISR.  The long and the short of it is that as long as Webmedx keeps ...

Webmedx RIF
Nov 03, 2010

RIF still in effect for some.  Gone after seven years with this company right after they posted they will be hiring 100+ MTs for new account business.  So sad what this once good company has become. ...

WebMedX And M-TEC
Nov 11, 2010

Is anyone currently working for WebMedX an M-TEC graduate? I'm currently a Premier I student at M-TEC. Since WebMedX is a sister company to M-TEC, I here they are willing to hire new M-TEC granduates who lack the usual 2 years of experience. If you are an M-TEC graduate currently employed by WebMedX, what was your M-TEC graduating GPA? What is a good enough GPA to get hired by WebMedX? I will be graduating in April 2012 and would like to start making some employment plans. ANY INF ...