A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Fact Checker - those of us who have read these boards - ndmt

Posted: Sep 02, 2010

for a while know you must be "that guy" whose responsibility it is to come here and do damage control.  Whenever something big happens in a company or an MT gets a raw deal, there is always someone who attaches themselves to a thread to blame the MT - obviously their quality sucked or clearly they didn't show up for work or everyone else is getting laid off so why not you.

Here's the thing - we see you a mile away. The fact that you randomly decided to show up on the boards the day WMX laid off a bunch of people and you come out against people who just got laid off from their jobs tells us exactly what you're doing here. Just like standing up at a funeral and saying people die every day, deal with it, you are not doing your company any favors with your callousness.

Let these people vent and don't tell them how to feel about losing their job.

It is just WMX trying to divert attention away from what THEY did to their MTs - That is painfully obvious

[ In Reply To ..]
They are just trying to create a smoke screen hoping that the "dumb" little MTs will get sidetracked and stop telling everyone on here to STAY AWAY FROM WEBMEDX. TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS. Let's beat them at their own game.

They didn't do it to ALL of their MTs and I would work there in a minute! - If I were looking for a job

[ In Reply To ..]
They let some MTs go because they didn't need them, for whatever reason. They kept some that they do need. That's the way it works. It's the way business has always worked and always will.

You can go clear back to the book of Ruth in the Bible. People were all gathering at a certain place every day to see if anyone was hiring. If they were, they may or may not get hired. They hired the best available until they ran out of work to be done. People, that's the way it works, for crying out loud!

They could do it to ANY of their MTs - is the point here!

[ In Reply To ..]
"Didn't need them for whatever reason". They keep hiring though. That's the problem. They just decided to dump a portion of their workforce without giving them a single option to keep their job. That means nobody's job at Webmedx is secure because they might do it again at any moment.
All businesses hire, let people who aren't working out go, and hire others who will work out - That is just the way it works
[ In Reply To ..]
Businesses hire people.

They let some of those people go if they aren't needed because of unforeseen circumstances or if they just aren't working out.

Then they hire new people, hoping those new people will work out. If they don't, they let them go and hire someone else to replace them.

That doesn't make them evil.
There is usually a process to not working out - not just a sudden email
[ In Reply To ..]
Some of those laid off were there for years. They were never told that anyone had a problem with them or they weren't working out. Just a group email, no other explanation. I think someone who has had a good working relationship with their employer deserves something better than that. A chance to change accounts, change shifts, do whatever it takes to keep working. Not just hit the highway, we don't like our "old" employees regardless of quality of service, we want "new". Yes that is evil.
As mentioned below, that's called "Cleaning House" - See message
[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe some of the people that have been there for years should have gone years ago.
I think it depends on whether the people there for years were flexible or inflexible - Thinking Out Loud
[ In Reply To ..]
If you have someone who has always done it this way and you want them to do it another way, that may be the determining factor. If a company is taking the business a different direction, they get to decide who they want to take with them. Maybe someone has been there for years, but they may be stuck in their ways or stubborn and unbending. I can see that those people need to be let go so the company can try to make changes that are necessary in this really tough business environment. On the other hand, if the person has been there for years and someone just fires them because they don't like them or maybe they have a cousin they want to put in their place, that would be wrong. We really don't know and probably will never know the reasons. That's why companies have people to run them. They are either successful or not. Time will tell.
Would you hire all these laid-off people represented here? - I would not
[ In Reply To ..]
I would rather start with people with a better attitude and those who were more mature, like one of the people who posted above. She already had 3 job offers and took one of them though. The rest? I haven't seen anyone I would hire if I were an MTSO, and I am not and never would want to be.
I would not hire people with no empathy either - blind authority kissers
[ In Reply To ..]
I wouldn't want to work with anybody with your attitude either. "Laid off? Too bad! Suck it up and deal!" People here are working through their pain and feelings. Obviously you have neither and can't conceive what its like for anyone else.
There's appropriate ways to work through feelings and then there's just plain silly - We have seen both here
[ In Reply To ..]
The silliness is just a big turnoff. I keep asking myself how these people ever got or kept those jobs in the first place. I would much rather that someone more mature had those jobs.
If you hate silliness go read elsewhere - nobody forcing you 2B here
[ In Reply To ..]
You'd rather someone more MATURE had jobs? I guess that means all the young people in the nation, or people with a sense of humor, would all be unemployed if YOU had YOUR "druthers". Good thing nobody died and made you God.
The thing that bothers me on the silly messages is the total lack of common sense - Please see message
[ In Reply To ..]
Personally, I've been shocked by the lack of common sense when I read those messages. I do have a sense of humor and love to laugh, but those comments were sad, not funny. They demonstrate a lack of understanding of business among other things. Maturity has nothing to do with age in this case. You probably have older MTs acting out along with younger ones. I'm not in the position to hire any of them, but if I were, I wouldn't.
Lack of common sense with Wmx suits too - from their recent behavior
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't give a hoot who YOU would hire or not, especially since you admit you are in no position to do so - and you're starting to sound like a broken record there. Where's the common sense in stating constantly YOU wouldn't hire people when you DON'T?

The problem is the revolving door - throwing out the old for new. Continuting this practice, eventually everybody will have worked for Webmedx and be "cleaned out" so they will be "forced" to offshore because they can't find anybody "qualified" (i.e. "new" and not previously used and abused by Webmedx). Those of us currently employed there are outraged that our jobs are this fragile and our suits are this crazy but THEIR jobs are "secure".
My 2 cents - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
For those of us who have lost our job (mine included - thank you very much India) this issue does not seem silly or immature. In fact, it seems very real and causes fear. Fear of losing everything you have worked so hard to acquire. Fear of not being able to find another job because the MT jobs have all ended up in another country. Fear of being on unemployment for an extended period of time. Fear that the next company that does hire you will do the same thing. I may not have a "business" mind, but it seems to me that the more these jobs are outsourced,the more our economy sinks. One job in another country with our economy and job market in the disastrous state it is in is one too many. One says "silly", another says "immature" - I say "fear". Maybe it is time for "business" to have a heart, delve out some respect for the workers, show appreciation. All in all...without business no one would have jobs, but without people to work for that business there would be no business. Maybe it's time "business" realized that we as employees are not "a business"...we are "the business". We are workers. We are the people that help build business. We are the people that stand behind business. We pour our knowledge, hard work, aching backs, sore wrists and fuzzy computer eyes into business. We care. We want business to succeed. We are on business' side. Why is it so horrible for business to be on the side of the employees? Why is it so difficult for business to stick up for the employees. You call it business - I call it wrong. On the news I hear them say America needs to "create" jobs. I say America needs to "retrieve" jobs.
Your particular message is well written and not one of the silly ones - Worth reading
[ In Reply To ..]
The silly messages don't contain information. They just use silly slogans. Your message has information, plus! I'd like to see more like yours.
It does not make US feel good to work for a company like this! - housecleaners! Ha!
[ In Reply To ..]
It shows us we mean nothing at all to our company, that our jobs might not be there any day we check our email, and that work ethics are demanded of us and we are nagged constantly to do more and do better, but in the long run, we are as disposable as kleenex NO MATTER IF WE DO THE BEST JOB OF ANYONE. On one hand we are patted for being "remarkable" then we lose our benefits, half our wages, and (if we still don't quit) our jobs - what kind of crazy mixed message is this!? "Thanks for the great job you do - now get out"!

Similar Messages:

FACT CHECKER = WMX MANAGEMENT
Sep 02, 2010

Too late.  Too bad you didn't treat people better when this happened.  It's too late now, your reputation is ruined.  Your company will soon be history.  Then come back and let us know how all that rah-rah cheerleading is workin' for ya! ...

COMMENTS TO MTSO'S WHO READ THESE BOARDS
Jun 26, 2011

As much as we all like for things to go back the way they were before VR, before offshoring, before the EMR, that is unlikely to happen.  I come from an era of transcription where we actually could support ourselves on being a medical transcriptionist.  Unfortunately, that is not the case with transcription any longer.  I work for three different companies and there isn't a dime's worth of diference in any of them low pay, long hours, supervisors that are not MTs that ar ...

THE SAD FACT IS
Dec 02, 2013

VR is far from perfect, we all know that. It is terrible with names, he and she, and numbers versus dates. How many times have I seen things like glucose 01/10/2013? Too many to count! The names are wrong about 90% of the time, i.e. Mr. Jones is a blah-blah-blah and it comes through Mr. Mcfart is a blah blah blah. At least MOST of the time it puts in "patient" instead. WHY,WHY,WHY does it put IMPRESSION so many times when the doctor says ASSESSMENT? Or vice versa. Today, I had two doctor ...

Intersting Fact
Dec 31, 2013

At the local VAMC food service workers and housekeeping aides start out at $15.50 an hour - as a 30-year MT I make $8.50 an hour. ...

Does Anyone Else Hate The Fact
Feb 08, 2015

It bugs me that my post audits are done in India. Several things have come back that I KNOW I wouldn't have left in the report - yet they get marked off. So very frustrating to me- and even more frustrating that this will NOT change.... ugh, I want OUT of this place ...

I Love The Fact That You Can Float Down Below
Oct 14, 2009

at the bottom of the boards.... this is wonderful ; thanks MTStars....  :) ...

I Honestly Do Not Know What Is Worse: The Fact That
Dec 23, 2011

my former employers lied about why I no longer work there and I will not get food stamps now because of that (two kids starving, too, not just me) or the fact that the other place has not even contacted them.  Flat out no one cares anymore.  Unless you have cheery pinch your cheek posts, no one cares.  No one cares you go very hungry:(  Sad world.  And my former employer admits she lied:( ...

There Is Irony In The Fact That We Have Been Told
Apr 03, 2014

of MModals coding program, because none of us know what is in it except for the coders taking the program.  Then, when we ask what is in it, Coder won't let them answer.  There is a whole slew of unnecessary responses to a question about CPT coding, and none but the very end came from an MModal coder.  All that I wanted to know was if they were taking it.  I did not need commentary from another coder(s) regarding what they thought was in it or what they believed should b ...

MT Role - Always Evolving (FACT - Brief Response)
Apr 14, 2011

The role of the MT is always evolving.  No doubt we are all trying to figure out a way to stay afloat.  One of those ways could be for the MT to go beyond just transcription into assisting with the clinical documentation (including the complicated ICD-10).  Some doctors believe that medical transcription is one of the least efficient parts of their medical practice.   Certainly, many MT's have moved beyond transcription into speech recognition Medical Editors ...

IT Has Basically Admitted A Key (and Dangerous) Fact
Mar 25, 2013

I informed them of an error regarding a medication output by ASR,something sometimes said, but was not dictated. I was told this was programmed into the software, and they could not (i.e. would not) correct that. I have accused the software (programmers) of putting in often-said output rather than what was actually dictated which they have previously denied. Guess someone slipped up by admitting that was done with this medication. ...

Rapid Outsource Imaging Fact Or Fiction?
Oct 28, 2011

I was considering applying at ROI (Rapid Outsource Imaging), but I heard they charge their IC MTs $50 per report error.  Are there any ROI MTs out there who could comment on this?  ...

Job Boards
Dec 09, 2010

I am just finishing up my medical transcription course and was wondering if anyone knew if it is helpful to use the job seeker's board/resume bank on this site? Has anyone ever gotten any responses from it? Thanks. ...

Maybe We Could Split Into Two MM Boards
Mar 16, 2014

How To Link On The Boards
May 04, 2014

How to easily link to boards here, since links don't "click" unless one does the following. Go to the site you want to link. Highlight it as if you were "copying" it. Paste into Link field here below your note. You subject line will come up in that link and we can all click it. ...

I Think We Need Two Nuance Boards
Jan 22, 2015

Sometimes I think we need two Nuance boards.  One for everyone who is disgruntled and need a place to vent, and another for those of us who are trying to keep a positive outlook can find some encouragement.  The "Gooooood Morning" post a few days ago made me think about that.  It would be good to interact with our fellow Nuance coworkers, but after visiting the board, I am usually upset and rattled by all the negativity...... ...

Why Are There Lines Through Some Posts On The Boards?
Oct 04, 2012

x ...

Any Coding Job Seeker Boards?
Jul 21, 2013

Hi I was just wondering if there are any boards with coding jobs listed on here? I just thought that maybe there is somewhere since they have this coding/billing forum?  Any ideas?? Thanks   ...

What Is Wrong With The Boards Today?
Aug 19, 2014

Nothing shows up. ...

What Other Discussion Boards Are There For Coders?
Mar 10, 2015

I've found a few but they all have very old posts of them.  I alraedy know about the AAPC boards of course.   Thank you. ...

Spell Checker
Jul 01, 2014

Does anyone know where i can get a free demo or cheap spellchecker ASAP? Thanks ...

How Come There Are SO Many Messages Posted To The Wrong Boards Lately?
Nov 18, 2010

Messages are appearing on the main board for word help, questions about companies, and those looking for jobs. Messages are posted on the Job Seeker's board for questions about companies.  Is there that many new people on this board that haven't read the guidelines or checked the different boards out before posting or is everyone just in a hurry and decide to post wherever or whatever board they are on? Sorry, people, but I'm in a bad mood today and when I go to t ...

Please Add July And August Tabs To The Other Boards
Aug 07, 2014

... ...

Medical Spell Checker - Most Useful?
Dec 14, 2009

What medical spell checker do y'all find most useful? What references do you like to have in hardcopy at your fingertips?   Maple Grandma ...

What Expander To Use With DQS And Spell Checker Please?
Sep 10, 2010

Can someone tell me what expander to use with DQS and spell checker please? Are these built in?  Thanks! ...

Stedmans Spell Checker
Nov 09, 2010

question, got a different work computer that runs vista and word 2007. I'm looking for an affordable place to get a Stedman's dictionary download. any advice? ...

Grammar Checker? But We Have To Do Verbatim.
Apr 17, 2013

Plus more corrections to ASR. Oh goody. ...

Stedman's Spell Checker
Jun 10, 2013

I have had Stedman's Medical/Pharmaceutical Spellchecker installed in my computer for a few years now.  As of this morning, it is not working, not highlighting misspelled words, etc.  I have tried reinstalling.  It shows installed.  I have tried rebooting.  What else can I do? ...

Medical Spell Checker
Jun 10, 2015

Hello Everyone, I'm looking for a really good medical spell checker at a responsible price or free (LOL).  Would love some suggestions. Thanks in advance for the suggestions. ...

Now I Know Why People Post Questions On The Boards Rather Than Ask Supervisors
Jan 18, 2010

The original company I worked for was sold to a big company and I had loads of unanswered questions.  I would call supervisor or someone who had been in contact with the peeps from my old company and ask away.  Now I find out I have been labeled a troublemaker because I ask too many questions.  I guess I would have been wiser to just come on this board and fire away with complaints, questions or anything else I wanted to know.  I know my future is gone now where I am. &n ...

MS Word And Stedman's Spell Checker
Jul 16, 2010

HELP!  MS Word is not recognizing Stedmans as my spell checker, so all med words are red underlined.  I tried restoring my computer to prior week, and tried using an old version of normal.dot        Any help would be greatly appreciated!  I use Smartype and that is fine, it's just my spell checker.  It has apparently reverted to the spell checker that comes standard with Word.   I have been using this computer and this setup f ...