A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Along the same vein as the QA discussion below, here's an example of an - SM

Posted: Sep 03, 2011

unnecessary blank.  This is before I ever even start to listen to the report...

In the medication list:

_____ 0.4 mg sublingually p.r.n. chest pain.

NOW, I don't care how badly the dictator butchered the word, it is OBVIOUS what this blank should be even WITHOUT listening to the dictation.  Any MT worth a dime, would be able to deduce what the doctor was saying.  There is more to this job than simply typing what you hear! 

I agree, it is logical, but we are told NEVER - to guess. If it is said SM

[ In Reply To ..]
again in the report, then yes, I would not leave a blank. Otherwise, no educated guessing.

Another idiotic example of blaming the victim - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Congratulations on your impressive familiarity with nitroglycerin, but save your pontificating for those who tie the MTs hands with the instruction that they are never to guess. Read slowly: If the MT is told NEVER TO GUESS, then no matter WHAT some legend-in-her-own mind, self-important QA deems ''obvious'', the MT has no choice but to follow the instruction and leave a blank when dictation is inaudible or unintelligible. If this is too advanced a concept for you to grasp, then obviously it is you who is "not worth YOUR salt" and certainly does not belong in QA. By the way, your position does not entitle you to deem whether or not an MT is ''worth her salt'' in the first place. Just fill in the blanks, sweetie, and if you have a problem with instructions that MTs are bound by, show some courage for a change and take it up with those who issue those instructions, not those who are bound by them.

Well - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
It's hardly a guess if you really already know what it is, whether or not you can fully understand it.

Play ''word games'' all you want... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
But the fact remains that it IS a guess if the dictation is inaudible or unintelligible, and at some companies, an MT may be penalized for guessing at inaudible/unintelligible dictation when her work is audited.
Well said. nm - JustPassingThrough
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
and then there's the liability factor -- - crusinby
[ In Reply To ..]
You can plug in inaudibles all you want knowing you are right, but that simple act gives the dictator full rights to point his fat finger at you when HE makes a mistake that ends up in court.

"I didn't say that, I would know better (barf, but who are they apt to believe?). Transcription must have put that in there, they plug things in all the time."

and you do, too.

Might not get you sued - he did, afterall, sign it and release it. But you can bet that will be his argument for breaking contract with the MTSO and the MTSO dropping you.

Another example of an lazy MT feigning stupidity and crying - OP
[ In Reply To ..]
"verbatim." The blank is NITROGLYCERIN! Whether he stumbled over it, coughed through it, dropped the phone, WHATEVER the blank is obviously and cleary 100% nitroglycerin. You would not be guessing because you KNOW conclusively what he means.

Account specs are a resource not a crutch! The truth is I have NEVER met a doctor who didn't appreciate the clean up the MTs give his/her reports. They want to depend on us so that dictation is one less worry they have throughout their busy day.

And no MT will ever be dragged into court and be sued. If the doctor signs the report, he's liable plain and simple. He should have read before he signed so he cannot blame anyone and the judge and the attorneys will point that out.
I think we are talking about total inaudibles. - slow down
[ In Reply To ..]
Your example is when you can hear it...CAN HEAR IT... but he stumbled or the sound quality is poor on top of it.

But the totally inaudibles, yet you know from his saying things over and over, or you have samples of the priors where most everything is repeated - not me. totally inaudible is totally inaudible.

Had you slowed down to read a little more carefully - the post that mentioned the mt going to court said the same thing you said about it - the MT will not be liable because dicator gives final approval with his signature. Point being - these things do not go unnoticed even though they say nothing about our taking liberties (to clarify - not talking about cleaning up the minor grammar), they'll use it against you if that tide is ripe for it.

Why so serious? No reason to get mad.
No, my example was that even without listening to the blank, it was obvious - OP
[ In Reply To ..]
what the blank was. So whether you can hear it or not, inaudible or not, the text surrounding the actually missing word are clues as to what he might possibly be saying. That is our jobs as MTs. To be educated enough to know what the doctor is saying and secure enough in our abilities to fill in those little inaudibles here and there.
my employer has rules for us and our QA, thank you very much. Inaudible or cut off - blank it. Account loves us. NM
[ In Reply To ..]
sorry!

Best post I've read all month! YEAH, baby! - You pulled no punches, & told it like it is!

[ In Reply To ..]

Bull's eye! Thanks for putting this out there. - JustPassingThrough

[ In Reply To ..]
So many times the MT, especially the newbie MT, is caught between a rock and a hard place. They're hung if they do and hung if they don't. Arrogant QA like the OP cause more problems than they remedy. Their nasty attitudes amount to nothing more than self-aggrandizing and abuse. I have great respect for the skill and knowledge base of the QA, but those who have this type of nasty streak can just keep it to themselves.

I've suffered through this type of QA before in my early years as an MT. They can intimidate you into paralysis--which in many cases is exactly what I believe they are trying to do. Thank heaven that I'm now with a company where the QA are compassionate, professional, and respectful. Any feedback given is constructive and much appreciated, and they've contributed much to my professional growth as an MT.

Thanks again for standing up for those who sometimes can't stand up for themselves.

I agree. I would have left a blank. - MTalongtime

[ In Reply To ..]
I may get QA "mad" at me, but if the doctor stumbled, I am NEVER guessing. Sorry. Been there done that. What if someone at the facility listened heard the doc speak in another language or sneeze and I put a word that did not exist in real life dictation, even if it were "obvious." Nope. Not doing it. Ding me down QA, tell the boss, get mad at me. I have integrity. I am told not to guess EVER. Perhaps the facility has a beef with said doc who is in lawsuits over malpractice. Who knows what is going on. Nope not guessing, not ever, sorry. Ream me all you want QA, tattle to the boss after the voice is gone and say you heard it whatever. I am still putting a blank. Now put that in your pipe and smoke it!

Your attitude could use adjustment. - Wow.

[ In Reply To ..]
At our company, it is QA who evaluates the decisions about competency of our MTs. Together, we decide whether we should continue trying to teach an MT. Sometimes, the MT's attitude is so bad, we just get rid of them. They are so unpleasant to work with, and they aren't listening to what we are trying to tell them. Most MTs we hire, in spite of our going over the hospital preferences in training, want to "wing it" and don't take the hospital preferences seriously. Then the hospital asks us to remove that one from the account for errors that cause doctor complaints. I don't see QA as being the bad guy here. We are only trying to teach people so they can hang onto their job. Our hospitals are serious about how they want their work, and if we don't do it their way, they'll take there business elsewhere. Also, we are tired of the parttimers that feel like our account is secondary, so they will only give it the way their main account for another company wants it so they don't have to do differently on each account. Sorry, that don't fly. Lose the attitude, do it the way the client wants it, or leave. I am not afraid to say it that harshly because I am tired of wasting my time on MTs that really don't want the job bad enough to satisfy the client.

Experience In School - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
At Andrews the instructors in the advanced part of the course assign dictation to transcribe, each one with different account specifics. That helps when you get on the job and you're told that "this account does not go by the BOS" or "This account is verbatim." Some of the new MTs who didn't have that experience in school have quit because they couldn't adapt to it.
That is a great practice. - thatlllearnem
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Not particularly impressed with YOUR attitude either - WOW yourself...

[ In Reply To ..]
You need to calm down and lose your OWN unpleasant attitude. All your earth-shaking responsibilities aside, you would do well to remember that QAs with unpleasant attitudes who overstep their authority ALSO have been ''just gotten rid of''--particularly in today's economic climate with cost-cutting and bottom-line corporate priorities. MTs (the revenue source of any MTSO) have been instructed not to guess--Either take it up with the people who issue that instruction or deal with it. If you don't like your job, take your OWN ''harsh'' advice and YOU leave, but neither you nor any other self-important QA has the authority to condescend to MTs or command them to leave. You certainly need not only an attitude adjustment, but also a reality check.
It seems you are the self-important one. - with a bad attitude
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't believe in guessing at all, and that goes double with medications and lab values. I learned the hard way about that. I am only looking out for the future of MT on the account, yet they turn and bite your hand, but the information you are trying to convey is vital to them. I am required to be diplomatic in my feedback, but I wasn't born yesterday, and I know when the MT is passing the buck. I an am MT afterall with many years experience, and I know what goes on in reality. When an MT fails to respond to feedback and repeats the same mistakes again and again, it is time to get rid of that one before the hospital tells us to.
There was nothing wrong with her attitude - Wow back at ya
[ In Reply To ..]
There was nothing written for her to "calm down" about and her attitude is a breath of fresh air. Someone explaining things very simply and to the point. Gee, what a concept.

Please don't even start in with the self righteous "you would do well" BS. You are the last one who should even be saying that.

You really have got a problem with QA, that is for certain. But guess what...if you are working on the same account I am with your attitude and high self worth, if you lose the account guess what so do every other one of us.

You are the one who needs a reality check. Hello, reality calling, wake up. And attitude adjustment? Um hello, looks like you need one BIG TIME!

The poster was 100% right on. Do things the way the client wants them. If you don't and lose the account because you don't want to listen to QA because you think you are better or over them, guess what? The client will take their work elsewhere and I'll be out of work too.

Companies hire QA people for a reason. MTs are not perfect. We do make mistakes and lots of times need them to listen to fill in the blanks. Their job is not to do our job. Their job is to make sure the client is happy and also to teach us if something is wrong. It would do you well to get rid of the "I hate QA people and I'm better then they are" attitude and YOU calm down. Oh yeah, and deal with it.
There was PLENTY wrong with her attitude.. - and if MTs are 'not perfect'
[ In Reply To ..]
neither are QAs, and it is not their place to decide which rules will be followed and which will be disregarded. Neither is it their place to condescend to MTs for following instructions they apparently don't like. You set extremely low standards for ''fresh air'' if you actually admire a QA who boasts about how instrumental a role she plays in MTs losing their jobs. And ''um, hello, BIG TIME, reality calling'' and all the rest of your childishly silly rantings right back at YOU--The original poster ridiculed an MT for FOLLOWING an instruction (no guessing at inaudible/unintelligible dictation) NOT for ignoring instructions. It had nothing whatsoever to do with the disregarding of hospital/account specs. Yes--Any self-important QA who takes it upon herself to command MTs to "leave" certainly DOES need to calm down and so do you. So go ''deal with it'' and get over yourself.
Um, NO there wasn't, but there sure IS with yours - Wow back at ya
[ In Reply To ..]
Fresh air is telling what happens without the sugar coating, and my standards are pretty high. If I had extremely low standards I would have been agreeing with the person who thinks they are better than QA and has the nasty attitude.

Oh, and since you didn't understand the message the poster was not "boasting" about how instrumental she plays in MTs losing their job. She was however, commenting on how she will save her company from losing a client, hence putting many more than just 1 MT with a bad attitude out of work. QA should be commended for having to deal with such self righteous MTs having to explain the same things over and over again because those MTs are too stubborn to follow the instructions the clients wants, but instead prefers to do his his/her way, not caring that she could lose an account for the company and put more than just her selfish smarty pants out of work.

I am greatful to have my QA there for me.

So this is reality and you really do need to deal with it, and an attitude adjustment would do you well too.
''Um'', YES there was. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Reality?! You seem very far removed from it. All the red herrings you can conjure up here about bad-attitude MTs who ignore acct/hospital specs have nothing to do with the original post by a self-important QA who ridiculed an MT for FOLLOWING an almost universal instruction to leave a blank when dictation is inaudible or garbled to the point of unintelligibility. So settle down and ''deal with it'' yourself. (Classic remark that the QA so busy detailing her oh-so-important role in getting MTs fired was actually ''saving'' her company! By overstepping her authority and commanding MTs to quit? Seriously? Obviously you and reality are complete strangers.)
What's next? I know you are but what am I - getting very childish - Sweeten it up all you want
[ In Reply To ..]
My message spoke the truth and I stand by it. There was nothing wrong with the posters attitude. She helped save her company an account. Sorry but as Spock says "The good of the many outweighs the needs of the one". Hate QA all you want. QA are the people who help us keep our jobs. If you have a problem with your QA then that is something you will have to deal with. But in all my years of experience QA is the ones who teach us and if a client wants their reports done a certain way and we are doing it wrong they are the ones who let us know. All I know is if some MT has got a bug up her boot and feels she's better and doesn't have to follow the rules and we lose the account, she's not the only one out of work, so are all the other MTs that work there too. Yeah, something you seem to want to ignore.

Obviously you missed that point and now want to play the childish game of "I know you are but what am I" routine. I'm out of here. Post all you want, I have better things to do.
You certainly are in no position to call OTHERS childish - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
when you go to such great lengths to argue about issues that have nothing to do with the original post---An arrogant QA ridiculing an MT for following the instruction never to guess.

EXCELLENT POST! - Thanks for posting - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
You hit it 100% right on the head. I come here to read many posts like the one you replied to and I think what a nasty post and very uncalled for. Probably has made so many mistakes and blames everyone but her/himself.

You explained pretty plainly. If I work with people like that and they don't care about their work and the client decides to take their busness elsewhere, guess what? I'm out of a job too because of someone else's low work ethics and poor attitude.

Can't thank you enough for posting things the way they are. As I wrote below, I am greatful to have my QA to let me know if something is wrong that I need to correct I've learned so much from them.

Thanks again.

I love this post. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
My favorite part is the legend-in-her-own-mind reference. LOL. You made excellent points and just about covered all the bases.

Wow, what a nasty post - Your post was very unnesseary - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
I'd say you are having a bad day, however, I'm sure this isn't the only day you are like this. The word that comes to mind cannot be spoken here. Everything you said was totally unnecessary and insulting. The OP made a good point. I guess you don't agree. Probably would prefer to let the QA do the work for you. Sure I've had my bad days where I think I am putting too many blanks and feel bad the QA has to try and get most of them, but at least I try my best to fill them in. And yes, I know the medication would be nitro and I would listen very carefully to it again. I'm sure the dictator was pretty clear on that one.

But this attitude and that pours fourth in this post is really uncalled for. If any new MTs are reading, please do not be discouraged. Not all of us are this nasty.

I do have to give you kudo's for using the internet/dictionary so much for trying to look up as many insults as you can throw out in one post.

If you don't like your QA then that is something you have to work out between you. I love my QA and I am thankful they are there for me to help me when I need it.

THANK YOU QA PEOPLE. You are so needed in our profession. Please don't let one bad apple spoil the bunch for you. Many of us are greatful you are there for us. Others...well just glad I don't work with them.

Grateful not greatful! Sorry this is killing me after 3 times. nm - arnold

[ In Reply To ..]
XXX
Me too! Trying to be nice.... - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't want to be one of those people who critique a typo on this board (I've done them also typing too fast), but there are so many vocabulary/grammatical/apostrophe errors, it drives me crazy. "Greatful" is not even a word! Grateful - from gratitude. sheesh.
Me three LOL After the second time, then the - third, I so wanted to SM
[ In Reply To ..]
post the correct spelling, not to be mean, but after 3 times I though it would be helpful to the poster since it did not seem like a typo.
Thank you! My feelings exactly which is why I posted. nm - arnold
[ In Reply To ..]
XX
You need to read posting guideline #3. - see message
[ In Reply To ..]
The moderator posted this:

General posting guidelines:

3. Absolutely no grammar, spelling, punctuation police! Do not correct posters on spelling, grammar usage, punctuation, etc. The ONLY exception is for items specifically asked about on the Word Help board.

If you do have a problem with people that are not 100% perfect and do make a spelling mistake maybe you should talk to the moderator about wanting to comment that people have misspelled a word.
This is not a spelling mistake. nm - arnold
[ In Reply To ..]
X
Oh, and just what is it you are assuming it is...naa, don't answer that - too scary - you still need to read guideline #3
[ In Reply To ..]
General posting guidelines:

3. Absolutely no grammar, spelling, punctuation police! Do not correct posters on spelling, grammar usage, punctuation, etc. The ONLY exception is for items specifically asked about on the Word Help board.

Which is exactly what you did.
Repeated misusage of a word is not spelling error, once maybe, but not repeatedly. sm - arnold
[ In Reply To ..]
It is due to not knowing the use/spelling of the proper word, i.e., greatful (which by the way is not a word) vs grateful, loosing versus losing. You know what's most likely scary is your transcription. Op is beginning to sound better and better.
P.S. Mayby YOU should read #1 and #2. nm - arnold
[ In Reply To ..]
X

''greatful'' - 'unnesseary''

[ In Reply To ..]
and ''work out between you''--easy to see why you love your QA so much. Maybe you should avail yourself of that ''internet/dictionary'' you say the OP used. (And kudos to you for your amazing powers of perception regarding the clarity of dictation you've never heard, whether or not an OP is having a bad day, and that she prefers QA to do all the work. Have you considered the Psychic Friends Network---You've obviously missed your calling.)

Start "guessing" and you are asking for trouble. - Guessing is Never Okay

[ In Reply To ..]
Where do you think the MT is going to draw the line if you have them filling in blanks with terms and drug names that could not be determined by listening? You are right. There is nore to this job than just typing what you hear! It's also about knowing when you don't "assume" or tamper with a report, putting in it what the doctor didn't say. If the doctor didn't say it, it didn't happen. Flag it. You are not the doctor and shouldn't be taking on that role. It's the doctor's report.

Guessing - just me

[ In Reply To ..]
There is a difference between guessing and using logic. I find many blanks that the same word is mentioned 2 or 3 times throughout the report, i.e., the patient presented to the ER because of chest pain, took 2 nitroglycerin which did not help, so he presened to the hospital; and then later in the report in the medicaion list nigtoglycerin is left blank. Part of being a good transcriptioninst is being able to use logic and knowledge and pay attention to what you are typing and think, hmmm, what medicatons are taken sublingual, and yes, the patient took 2 nitro before coming to the ER, so most likely he has this at home, and yes he does have a history of chest pain...listen to what the MD is saying again, and yes this time you do hear nitriglycerin...that is not guessing.

What you described is not guessing - Guessing is Never Okay

[ In Reply To ..]
If that information is repeated in the rest of the report and if by going back you can actually hear it, you're not guessing. I agree.

Guessing - just me

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not saying to "guess". I am saying use logic in trying to hear what the MD is saying. Many blanks can be eliminated this way. I never guess either and get dinged by QA myself. In fact I had a report audited with a score of 83% this past month because of a MD that talks fast, practically whispers and I had no samples available, needless to say I failed my audit this past month. Even though I am QA, the powers that be greater than myself could understand him (so they say). What I am saying is to make an effort, which many do not.
That seems to be what the OP is saying too - but because she is a QA
[ In Reply To ..]
people seem to think they are evil and wants us all to fail. If I had a blank with ____ 0.4 mg sublingually for chest pain, I would automatically go back and relisten just to be sure. That is not guessing, that is being educated at your job. I have a doctor that has a really hard time pronouncing medications that aren't in his specialty. There are times that I have to really research to figure out what he is saying. I don't consider that guessing.

gotta disagree with you on this - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
While it's true that we may "know" that it is nitroglycerin, let's plug in some critical thinking skills, shall we?

How do you know that they were not dictating a particular brand/particular preparation?

I can think of many off the top of my pointy little head: Nitroquick, Nitro-Dur, nitro spray.

While you may not think so, what is actually dictated IS actually germane to the patient's care.

My thoughts exactly - from another QA

[ In Reply To ..]
That is exactly what I was thinking, you would go back and try to hear nitroglycerin but if you could not hear it, you would leave it blank, because it could in fact be a brand name.

Well for starters, Nitro-Dur is a patch and the dictator - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
would not have said "0.4 mg sublingual..." if he was on a patch. I would assume that with Nitro spray, the dosage would have specified how many sprays.

you really miss my point that much?? - Nitrolingual, Nitroquick, Nitrostat

[ In Reply To ..]
honestly.

One of the most important things a great MT knows is what they did NOT hear - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
The worst of MTs, including some that have been transcribing for many years and think they are better than they are, believe that they know what the doctor meant to say but didn't. I've seen some MTs that had previously been nurses and had trouble assuming too much. They were trying to read the doctor's mind because they "know what he should have said" and just wrote it in the report for the doctor. I also have seen of couple of them break that habit after learning the hard way why nurses may sometimes be able to read the doctor's mind, but MTs don't. By the way, I also don't want a nurse who reads my doctor's mind for him. That's just plain scary.

The most important skills I learned in training:

1. I know what I know, and I will transcribe that.
2. I know what I don't know, and I will flag that.
3. I know enough to recognize when something doesn't make sense, so I can flag it. I do not make something up that I think the doctor should have said.

my title is transcriptionist not a mind reader or miracle worker - QA

[ In Reply To ..]
There has to be a level of responsibility on the doctor's part as well. I am not a mind reader nor should we assume what the doctor is saying. That is dangerous in and of itself. If we assume and assume correctly the less the doctor will do. If I went to my doctors and explaining my issue in gibberish should he assume he knows what I said and treat me for "what he assumes" I said. No, and we should not assume what he says. It is his responsibility to dictate clearly so we can give him an unassuming document.

Yes that blank was pretty easy to figure out but where do we draw the line. Where do we stop allowing the hospitals and administrators to blame transcription for EVERYTHING.

I am not a doctor nor will I assume I know as much as he/she knows, therefore I will not assume anything.

Our QA person will even send us a correction and say "I think he said this" and that is what she puts in there. This is extremely dangerous as we all know doctors do not read their reports before signing. Therefore it becomes a patient care issue.

I work for a group of radiologists who give names and don't spell them or give no name at all, don't give accession numbers, give names of studies but dictate a different report, so am I to correct all of this in report after report after report. I had the chance to speak with the clerk at the hospital who said this particular doctor has done this for years. Is it not logical for them to speak to this doctor. Oops, I forgot, God forbid you question a doctor since they THINK they sit on the right hand side of God and are unapproachable by us little peons.

We all know what assume stands for, right. So for all of you QA people who think they know more than the doctor, you just go right ahead and fill in those blanks with what you think you hear or what you think it should be and you can take the responsibility if you are wrong.

From another post and completely agree.
1. I know what I know, and I will transcribe that.
2. I know what I don't know, and I will flag that.
3. I know enough to recognize when something doesn't make sense, so I can flag it. I do not make something up that I think the doctor should have said.

Just gotta say - Cheesey

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm a newb MT. I leave blanks like that all the time. If I am not 100% sure, which means if what the doctor said was some garbled mess that you can't fully comprehend, you leave it blank!

I'm so glad I don't have QAs like the OP. Or...at least they don't make those comments to my face.

Sorry, but I sure as hell am not going to start "guessing" on things that "are obvious".

Also, it is a learning experience too. Send to QA, get feedback. Any QA worth a darn would be more than willing to help.

You know.... - just had a thought

[ In Reply To ..]
If we're not supposed to "guess," then why the H!!! do we have a word help board? Posting something online in a s/l blahblahblah format to solicit advice from other MTs I think is worse than using your brain + common sense to understand what the Dr. is saying. The blahblahblah I hear could very well Not be the blahblahblah you hear on the same audio. Plus, a lot of context is left out on those postings, as we all know.

I just wonder how many nay-sayers to the OP's post (who just wants to promote basic brain function and common sense, imo) either have used the word help board or have contibuted answers to it.

very good point - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

100% sure - karla12

[ In Reply To ..]
There has been a lot said about being 100% sure. In this example given above, I would be 100% sure that nitroglycerine was the word missing. There is NO OTHER medication given at 0.4 mg sublingually for chest pain. NOTHING. So, what else COULD it be. Use your brains people. If we don't start using our brains, what is the point of getting a person to do it over a machine? We can think and reason and come to a reasonable conclusion.

Everybody knows - Karla12

[ In Reply To ..]
Just adding to my own post above. Another reason the above is not a guess. I just asked my husband what the blank was he said nitro. He has absolutely no medical background whatsoever. If he knows it, certainly an MT with training ought to KNOW it. We were given brains for a reason, use them.

Regardless of what you and your husband ''know'' - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
MTs must follow instructions given by their employer. If the instruction is to leave a blank for inaudible/unintelligible dictation, that's what she is bound to do and any QA (like the OP) who ridicules MTs for that is out of line.

Similar Messages:

The Discussion Over Potassium Value Of 216.
May 08, 2012

Although my view on this issue is that, yes, a seasoned transcriptionist should recognize that 216 was not the proper value (and I can see QA flagging that as a serious error), the point I'd like to make is that this is the crazy problem with MTSOs thinking that ASR can replace the human, experienced transcriptionist. Without an MT's knowledge that "this value" or "that dosage" doesn't make sense, this is exactly the type of error that ASR will continue to crank out.  The qu ...

Apicus Vein
Nov 04, 2009

apicus vein of heart?? ...

Anonamate Vein?
Jan 25, 2010

This is an operative report with a preop and postop diagnosis of Anterior mediastinal theratoma with airway obstruction and esophageal obstruction. Dissection then went to the cephalad aspect of the tumor, and a clamp used to delineate it, and the tumor was freed of the tissue overlying the anonamate vein. ...

Self Vein Transposition
May 04, 2011

Self vein transposition to left brachial artery ...

Boostaroo: Re A Small Discussion About
Sep 11, 2010

This is mentioned as a great product to increase the volume on voice files.  I went to Radio Shack and checked it out.  The picture shows what looks like a very short cord.  Could someone explain how this works?  I currently have to plug my headset directly into the front of my computer because there was no sound when I plugged them into my speakers.  Would I plug the Boostaroo into the computer?  Does the headset then plug into the Boostaroo?  Also, in the pic ...

There Is A Fantastic Discussion About Nuance Going On Over On The
Aug 03, 2014

It is information that I wish had been shared here instead. See tabs at left, Company Board. Start with a line that says Max frustration... Very good hard data, not just you and me moaning!   ...

From The Discussion About Automation Below - Just Some Thoughts
Jan 20, 2015

can't remember who's quote this is, but I read it in my teens, and he was an American Indian looking to the future (even back then) and he was wondering how "man is going to survive his own insignificance." now it makes even more sense to me... am a fan of Isaac Asimov and his science fiction novels (he actually was a professor of biochemistry) and especially the robot series - he wrote these futuristic type mysteries all involving robots and they give such a good description of what ...

What Other Discussion Boards Are There For Coders?
Mar 10, 2015

I've found a few but they all have very old posts of them.  I alraedy know about the AAPC boards of course.   Thank you. ...

Prosidigrel??? After A Vein Graft
Apr 03, 2010

I have searched for various spellings and even tried wild card and nothing.  He has been changed from Plavix therapy to Persidogril???? or something like that.   Thanks for any help. ...

Sounds Like.....vein Of Kelly???
Dec 13, 2011

never mind ...

Okay, Need Info After An Extended And Heated Discussion With QA ....
Mar 28, 2011

Should a speciality such as neurology, orthopedics, etc., be capitalized in a sentence?  Example would be ... No neurology consult has been ordered.   I am receiving conflicting information from QA.   TIA ...

Is There A Coder Discussion Board Besides The One On MTStars?
Dec 29, 2011

Perhaps another website coder discussion board would help an MT decide what avenue to explore.... ...

I'm Ignorant About IPads Etc - Open Discussion
Jan 10, 2013

I confess to being totally ignorant about technology newer than laptops (okay, so my age is showing ....) In the past when travelling and working I have always taken my laptop with me, but it seems so cumbersome compared to what others seem to be using. However when I have looked at smaller options I am not sure that they would handle all the attachments that go with this job (I use external keyboard and mouse for my fat fingers), headphones, foot pedal etc and I am not sure they would allow m ...

We Had A Discussion Earlier About Unpaid Work
Jun 07, 2015

And I was told that they "give" you extra in each report. I had a no dictation report and the line count is 0.02 of a line. Is that what you deem satisfactory for the unpaid work we do? ...

S/l Christmas Tree Was Placed Distally In The Vein
Jul 14, 2010

Any help on this one? ...

Why Do Topics Disappear? Looking For Discussion From A Day Or So Ago About Webmedx/MTEC
Mar 12, 2010

There was a discussion started a couple days ago discussing MTEC and the relationship with Webmedx that was interesting, and I can not find it anywhere. Any ideas where it went off to, and if it disappeared, why?!? Thanks!! ...

There Was A Discussion On The Company Board About Tax Deducions And I'm Curious. Sm
Feb 03, 2013

Their discussion got a little heated and I'm not interested in that, but I have been an IC the last couple of years and I have never had enough deductions to itemize -- is that unusual? I am single, no dependents, my office portion of my apartment is only about 10%, so that means only about $100/month for rent/utilities/internet, so still way below the standard deduction. Am I missing something? TIA. ...

Concerning The Discussion A Few Days Ago About Which Heading Gait Testing Goes Under.
Jun 27, 2015

Gait testing is part of the neurological examination and should therefore go under that heading.  From my perspective, healthcare document integrity should hold sway over account specs or doctor preferences.  Too many doctors think all that matters is what they say or how they interpret what is said, which is total bunk.  If that were true, we would all just start typing melanotic stools every time one of these medical geniuses dictates that because certainly there isn't a do ...

Help... Sounds Like Venus Vas Catheter (vein Stripping)
Nov 02, 2009

?? ...

The Splenic Vein Appears Uninvolved, "as Is The Portal Veined".
Sep 15, 2010

:) ...

Deviated "strange" Into The Left Basal Vein Of Rosenthal,
Oct 25, 2011

On MRA of brain with AVM.  The arterial supply is predominantly from the left anterior choroidal artery, with smaller contributions arising from the left posterior choroidal artery and lenticulostriate perforating vessels.  There is a deviated "strange" into the left basal vein of Rosenthal, left thalamostriate vein, and left anterior septal veins. ...

PUNCTUATION?: RIGHT LOWER EXTREMITY EXPLORATION SAPHENOUS VEIN HARVEST LEFT LEG REVERSE SAPHENOUS V
Jun 20, 2010

x ...

"Higher Basilic Vein"
Aug 07, 2010

Any one is familar with the term HIGHER BASILIC VEIN'  this is an op note and doctor is creating an IV access for meds ...

S/l "anomanent" Vein...SM
Jan 15, 2010

On 2-dimensional view, the right ventricular outflow track appeared to be quite prominent, and in one plane, the right ventricular outflow tract, that dimension was over 40 mm.  The main pulmonary artery was measured at 16 mm.  The pulmonary valve annulus was 22 mm.  With the addition of color flow Doppler, looking from the suprasternal notch, there is a fairly high flow venous structure coming superiorly from the left to join the (s/l) *anomanent* vein. ...

Vein Of S/l "sorro"
Mar 12, 2012

Vascular surgery report:  Vein of "soro" ? ...