A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Any MTSOs on these boards anymore? question for someone who is either MTSO or has their own clients - Maggie

Posted: Apr 29, 2015

I have been using OLD system with Windows 2000 and Outlook express to run the Digital Dictate and Express Delegate.  It is finally starting to give me issues.  I was looking into jsut upgrading to a new platform, BUT with all the cloud type places out there, the idea of not having to deal with equipment at all is quite intriguing.

Who is using something beside Dial Dictate and Express Delegate to get their dictations and send to any MTs working with them?

Thanks 

Maggie

Cloud... - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Most clients can have their digital handheld recorders, and upload their voice files to sharefile, dropbox, etc. Files can be uploaded and downloaded with login and password and they are secure sites. You can create folders for your transcriptionists and have log-in data for each of them to retrieve their work. Files can also be password protected and encrypted and transferred back and forth through e-mail if the provider you use is in HIPAA compliance.

thanks - Maggie

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks. none of my docs use hand held, some will sneak in on a cell phone giving it that underwater gurgly sound. I have been looking at a company called Cloud Dictation but was just wondering what others are doing with only a small client base...all hospitals having gone to voice recog...

I use FTP today. - Toni

[ In Reply To ..]
Been using them for years and have not had a problem. Tech support is superb.

thanks - maggie

[ In Reply To ..]
Is this something that one other MT can access? I have no clue as to anything other than the Express Delegate and Dial Dictate that I bought from R.T. King over 10 years ago. This has worked wonderfully, turning the dictated files automatically to voice files that were then automatically emailed to assigned MT. So I am at a loss as to where to go with this now. So any info is helpful and I thank you.

Buget server/software - aw

[ In Reply To ..]
Go to Bytescribe.com. They have a cloud server, wave player and software to route dictations to your MT's, and physician offices, also phone in lines (though Vonage) that are pretty reasonable. Docs can use their iphone to dictate/record also, much clearer that way, or use a digital recorder.

Similar Messages:

COMMENTS TO MTSO'S WHO READ THESE BOARDS
Jun 26, 2011

As much as we all like for things to go back the way they were before VR, before offshoring, before the EMR, that is unlikely to happen.  I come from an era of transcription where we actually could support ourselves on being a medical transcriptionist.  Unfortunately, that is not the case with transcription any longer.  I work for three different companies and there isn't a dime's worth of diference in any of them low pay, long hours, supervisors that are not MTs that ar ...

MTSO Rates For Clients
Oct 30, 2010

Anyone have an idea of what MTSO client rates run?  I'm thinking 18-22 cpl for acute care (depending on TAT) and 16-20 cents for clinic (depending on TAT).  Do you think these rates are totally outrageous or about in the ballpark?  ...

How Much Are MTSO's Charging Their Clients
Oct 30, 2012

Just how much profit are they making.  I have no clue, 17 years ago it was 14-cents a line for a 50 character line.  Or maybe somebody can give me a site where I can look it up myself.  Thanks ...

MTSO Claimin To Have US MT's But Only Charges Clients 6 Cents Per Line
Dec 10, 2009

Has anyone heard of a company called North American Transcription Company.  They claim to have all US MT's but they only charge clients 6 cents per line.  How is this possible? ...

Job Boards
Dec 09, 2010

I am just finishing up my medical transcription course and was wondering if anyone knew if it is helpful to use the job seeker's board/resume bank on this site? Has anyone ever gotten any responses from it? Thanks. ...

Maybe We Could Split Into Two MM Boards
Mar 16, 2014

How To Link On The Boards
May 04, 2014

How to easily link to boards here, since links don't "click" unless one does the following. Go to the site you want to link. Highlight it as if you were "copying" it. Paste into Link field here below your note. You subject line will come up in that link and we can all click it. ...

I Think We Need Two Nuance Boards
Jan 22, 2015

Sometimes I think we need two Nuance boards.  One for everyone who is disgruntled and need a place to vent, and another for those of us who are trying to keep a positive outlook can find some encouragement.  The "Gooooood Morning" post a few days ago made me think about that.  It would be good to interact with our fellow Nuance coworkers, but after visiting the board, I am usually upset and rattled by all the negativity...... ...

Why Are There Lines Through Some Posts On The Boards?
Oct 04, 2012

x ...

Any Coding Job Seeker Boards?
Jul 21, 2013

Hi I was just wondering if there are any boards with coding jobs listed on here? I just thought that maybe there is somewhere since they have this coding/billing forum?  Any ideas?? Thanks   ...

What Is Wrong With The Boards Today?
Aug 19, 2014

Nothing shows up. ...

What Other Discussion Boards Are There For Coders?
Mar 10, 2015

I've found a few but they all have very old posts of them.  I alraedy know about the AAPC boards of course.   Thank you. ...

Fact Checker - Those Of Us Who Have Read These Boards
Sep 02, 2010

for a while know you must be "that guy" whose responsibility it is to come here and do damage control.  Whenever something big happens in a company or an MT gets a raw deal, there is always someone who attaches themselves to a thread to blame the MT - obviously their quality sucked or clearly they didn't show up for work or everyone else is getting laid off so why not you. Here's the thing - we see you a mile away. The fact that you randomly decided to show up on the boards  ...

How Come There Are SO Many Messages Posted To The Wrong Boards Lately?
Nov 18, 2010

Messages are appearing on the main board for word help, questions about companies, and those looking for jobs. Messages are posted on the Job Seeker's board for questions about companies.  Is there that many new people on this board that haven't read the guidelines or checked the different boards out before posting or is everyone just in a hurry and decide to post wherever or whatever board they are on? Sorry, people, but I'm in a bad mood today and when I go to t ...

Please Add July And August Tabs To The Other Boards
Aug 07, 2014

... ...

Now I Know Why People Post Questions On The Boards Rather Than Ask Supervisors
Jan 18, 2010

The original company I worked for was sold to a big company and I had loads of unanswered questions.  I would call supervisor or someone who had been in contact with the peeps from my old company and ask away.  Now I find out I have been labeled a troublemaker because I ask too many questions.  I guess I would have been wiser to just come on this board and fire away with complaints, questions or anything else I wanted to know.  I know my future is gone now where I am. &n ...

For Those With Your Own Clients...
Jul 27, 2011

I am wondering when you started soliciting clients if you already had a platform in place or did you wait to see what the potential clients were already using.  I want to start trying to get my own accounts as there have been a lot of practices open up near me recently, but not sure of the steps to take in the beginning.  I am thinking of using Emdat Inscribe as I am already familar with it, but not sure if that is something I need to set up first or is that a waste if the cl ...

? For MTs With Their Own Clients
Sep 22, 2013

Just wondering, for those MTs who do now or in the past have had their own clients...if you had dictators whose dictation style was extremely fast, haphazard or overall just terrible to understand, would you ever contact them and ask that they slow down or clean it up a little? Am curious if you felt you had a right to request decent dictations to work with when you were your own boss. ...

Finding Own Clients PLEASE HELP
Oct 21, 2009

Hi Everyone, Right now the company I work for hardly has any work.  I am thinking about sending out a letter to local clinics and also maybe putting out an ad on craigslist for transcription work.  Have you tried this?  I have questions:   What things do I have to consider? How do I charge people (I know I can do line count in INstantText and figure out line count and cost)-is 10 CPL a good place to start?  Are there other costs I need to factor in?  How about tax ...

Ever Wonder What Clients Would Think About Doing Their Own Outsourcing?
Oct 26, 2010

Just thinking out loud here.  I know many practices probably do their own outsourcing to MTs at home. Why not more?  It must be cheaper for them with higher quality work, personalized service, etc.  Some hospitals even hire MTs to work from home rather than use an MTSO. How can we, as the MT community, reach more clients/practices.  Surely they have a liason in the office who handles the direction of their transcribed reports, in-house editing; someone who could do ...

Do You Think The Providers/clients Know?
May 17, 2011

I mean, I'm an IC, or whatever I'm called now since I'm doing VR.....there has been talk around the company that perhaps the providers don't even know their documents have been moved to VR.  In reality, I think that this might ring true!  Some of us have quit for ethical reasons, and I can say for certain my VR isn't getting any better with the ahhs and ands and everything else that seems to be in the dication that shouldn't be.  After all, the VR doe ...

Wanting To Get My Own Clients
Jan 08, 2012

I am wanting to start getting my own clients again (haven't done that since I picked up and delivered, printed, etc.!!!) but know nothing about the dictation portion of it.  How do you get an FTP site?  Where do you go to get the dictation set up and be able to transcribe it?  What other things do I need to do for that?  Help!  Thank you all :) ...

He Should Tell Those Happy Clients How Much They Pay Us.
Oct 15, 2012

x ...

Need Help Setting Up To Get My Own Clients
Sep 23, 2014

20 years ago, like a lot of us, I worked at home typing dictations from cassettes on a typewriter!   Recently I was asked by a health care provider if I can do her dictation notes on her own program, using her own templates, send them to her printer from my computer, like is done with the national company I work for.  How do I do set this up in this day and age?  Can I download her program onto a thumb drive and put in my own computer?  How do I get her templates into my ...

Wanting My Own Clients
May 17, 2015

I am wanting to start my own MTSO and have my own clients.  I need someone who has done this already to be sort of a mentor for me.  If all you are going to say is "dont do it" or "it really sucks" or other stuff like that, please save it.  I just need advice on how to get started, who makes the decisions in clinics and offices, and so on...     Thanks in advance... MTdude ...

MQ Makes The Deals With The Clients. The MT
Mar 24, 2010

shouldn't be held responsible for what MQ says.  If MQ doesn't want the responsibility for correct reports, they shouldn't make the deals, instead of making deals and then underpaying MTs and putting all the responsibility on them.  All MQ is after is the money, not the responsibility that goes with making the money. ...

Recent Calls From Clients, Etc.
Jul 26, 2012

This post is in regard to posts I have seen lately on this board regarding dictators. They actually do care or must feel they need to address situations that I bring to their attention. A call regarding flags from the physician himself. He is realizing how much time I am spending locating certain info not dictated. He tells me officially that the facility is to handle that now so as not to take up my time. A call from a dictator today, stating as he made so many errors and redictations on the ...

I'm Preparing A Brochure To Try To Get My Own Clients..
Nov 28, 2012

This is the first time I've done this, and I'd like to offer a free trial. However, I can't do too much as I'm still working for an MTSO. Any suggestions on what would be a reasonable amount of work to do for free?  Not sure if I should say something like maximum 10 letters, or maybe 1, 2, 3, days average work. I think the trial would be of mutual benefit.  I'd get an idea of how difficult their work is and they could see the quality of my work.  Would ...

Advice About Seeking New Clients
Mar 18, 2013

I am looking for info regarding how MTSOs out there obtained their clients. Are there any websites that advertise vendors or is general marketing strategies the best way to go? I am starting out on my own and just wanted to ask a little advice. Thank you! ...

What Software Do I Need In Order To Get A Few Clients Of My Own?
Jun 20, 2013

I was just wondering if I wanted to acquire a few clients on my own, what type of software do I need besides something like Express Scribe?  Those of you who have your own accounts, what do you use?   Thank you :) ...