A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

There is a fantastic discussion about Nuance going on over on the - Company Board. Please read that!

Posted: Aug 03, 2014

It is information that I wish had been shared here instead.

See tabs at left, Company Board. Start with a line that says Max frustration...

Very good hard data, not just you and me moaning!

Nuance employees - entry level $14/hr MT - RN2B

[ In Reply To ..]
That is in Florida, lowest paid for most healthcare/medical record jobs, i.e. RN here makes 23 entry, but in MASSACHUSSETTS and California RN starts about $35/hr. Point is Nuance--(ehem bites)--is even up North! higher wages are the NORM. Being RN almost (boards 15 days) the labor statistics is dead on wages for RNs, EMTs; MTs entry 14/hr to experienced over $20 with experience. I made 8-10/hour when I started IN 1995 AT 0.825 typing BUT I typed, listened to dictation AGAIN while proofing, ALL WHILE MAKING OWN Dr. name/address lists (no database) but they now give all employees the lists and other team leaders made. ANYWAY, see all that I did in 1 document, most made 12-15/hour, I only made that 20 YEARS AGO because I took longer. After 10 years of QC of the 20, I know everybody doesn't proof so then knew why I only made 8-10/hr but it paid off cuz I made 15 in QC BACK IN 2005. See the pattern NUANCE doesn't pay what your worth (I was QC at Nuance and gave feedback didn't even do major error unless it was a careless/they didn't care or very wrong medical work/expander mistake and it changed whole meaning-wrong medication about the only CPSE or maybe incorrect IV fluids (4-year nursing degree) and really have to remember what the mistake means, does it matter to the doc, could it slip through and be dangerous, etc., and I had major errors graded on me for a comma (they had it in wrong place too LOL); anyway, QC had LPH requirement too, but I gave feedback and did what QA does (not sure what quality control means, unless control is operative word); I advised if a doc always is all over place, won't be verbatim, do what you need to do, if 2 docs with same name, specialty would tell you which, little things like that--but with feedback, oh and required to check my "corrections" and then dispute cuz most are blatantly wrong or plain stupid (like a doc has different specs than hospital, typed to her specs, and everything that was hers, they counted as mistake, only they changed all to hospital specifics, so every "correction" they made was a mistake). My point is, I'm no long a "QC" -- I will always be QA and will not compromise blanks (getting left by QC cuz, hey, gotta have LPH, even emailed TSM cuz I fill the blanks as SrQC or QC then told LPH isn't good enough, BUT I FILLED IN THE BLANKS, and realized why they hadn't filled in when I was told about LPH. Oh, and according to Dept of Labor, when reviewing corrections and emails and IMs all day--WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE GETTING PAID--and if my hourly pay/hours were more than typing hours, that'd be another reason that LPH would APPEAR that I was QAing less LPH, but I wasn't at all, and I didn't even clock in all time I was supposed to. In 20 years, never saw crappy company pay and treat it's bread-n-butter YOU MTs crappier than their reputation. Oh, and I'm not proofing this, all typos are in honor of NUANCE not caring if they're there--but my reports didn't have them; I'm not wasting any more free (by that I mean unpaid) time on NUANC. No other company has paid this bad or made incentives out of reach IN 20 YEARS NEVER EVEN HEARD OF THIS BAD. btw - new QC incentives....none of the parameters matter because INELIGIBLE if title is QC!!!! yeah...no typo here...wtf are they thinking? Oh and don't MTs send to QC (for quality) or they can't get incentives?? we had been told to grade/TAKE POINTS for TOO MANY BLANKS!!! Any other company encourages it for quality. If they believe excessive or redundant QA talks to MT (oh, yeah, WE TALK TO EACH OTHER at other companies, can email about feedback). Anyway NEWBIES, it's better EVERYWHERE else. Let them hang themselves with the irony of "makers of Dragon" who won't get VR accurate enough to call report 'edit' but only pay 4 cents when we have to re-type almost every word. NEWBIES, it is NOT the norm. Idk how to private message or if we can, but I have names of some places who are wonderful--you actually get paid incentives and just have to have good accuracy overall NOT "one quarter"...and get paid more when you do it, not "next quarter" --Good luck and God Bless!

Similar Messages:

Fantastic?
Jun 13, 2015

Email from TSM: We're looking fantastic this morning.  Are you serious?  13 jobs for at least 15 MLS and you think that is fantastic?  Of course, now I sit OOW already.  But at least you get your super duper TAT bonus!! Rah, Rah, Rah!! ...

Along The Same Vein As The QA Discussion Below, Here's An Example Of An
Sep 03, 2011

unnecessary blank.  This is before I ever even start to listen to the report... In the medication list: _____ 0.4 mg sublingually p.r.n. chest pain. NOW, I don't care how badly the dictator butchered the word, it is OBVIOUS what this blank should be even WITHOUT listening to the dictation.  Any MT worth a dime, would be able to deduce what the doctor was saying.  There is more to this job than simply typing what you hear!  ...

The Discussion Over Potassium Value Of 216.
May 08, 2012

Although my view on this issue is that, yes, a seasoned transcriptionist should recognize that 216 was not the proper value (and I can see QA flagging that as a serious error), the point I'd like to make is that this is the crazy problem with MTSOs thinking that ASR can replace the human, experienced transcriptionist. Without an MT's knowledge that "this value" or "that dosage" doesn't make sense, this is exactly the type of error that ASR will continue to crank out.  The qu ...

Boostaroo: Re A Small Discussion About
Sep 11, 2010

This is mentioned as a great product to increase the volume on voice files.  I went to Radio Shack and checked it out.  The picture shows what looks like a very short cord.  Could someone explain how this works?  I currently have to plug my headset directly into the front of my computer because there was no sound when I plugged them into my speakers.  Would I plug the Boostaroo into the computer?  Does the headset then plug into the Boostaroo?  Also, in the pic ...

From The Discussion About Automation Below - Just Some Thoughts
Jan 20, 2015

can't remember who's quote this is, but I read it in my teens, and he was an American Indian looking to the future (even back then) and he was wondering how "man is going to survive his own insignificance." now it makes even more sense to me... am a fan of Isaac Asimov and his science fiction novels (he actually was a professor of biochemistry) and especially the robot series - he wrote these futuristic type mysteries all involving robots and they give such a good description of what ...

What Other Discussion Boards Are There For Coders?
Mar 10, 2015

I've found a few but they all have very old posts of them.  I alraedy know about the AAPC boards of course.   Thank you. ...

Okay, Need Info After An Extended And Heated Discussion With QA ....
Mar 28, 2011

Should a speciality such as neurology, orthopedics, etc., be capitalized in a sentence?  Example would be ... No neurology consult has been ordered.   I am receiving conflicting information from QA.   TIA ...

Is There A Coder Discussion Board Besides The One On MTStars?
Dec 29, 2011

Perhaps another website coder discussion board would help an MT decide what avenue to explore.... ...

I'm Ignorant About IPads Etc - Open Discussion
Jan 10, 2013

I confess to being totally ignorant about technology newer than laptops (okay, so my age is showing ....) In the past when travelling and working I have always taken my laptop with me, but it seems so cumbersome compared to what others seem to be using. However when I have looked at smaller options I am not sure that they would handle all the attachments that go with this job (I use external keyboard and mouse for my fat fingers), headphones, foot pedal etc and I am not sure they would allow m ...

We Had A Discussion Earlier About Unpaid Work
Jun 07, 2015

And I was told that they "give" you extra in each report. I had a no dictation report and the line count is 0.02 of a line. Is that what you deem satisfactory for the unpaid work we do? ...

Why Do Topics Disappear? Looking For Discussion From A Day Or So Ago About Webmedx/MTEC
Mar 12, 2010

There was a discussion started a couple days ago discussing MTEC and the relationship with Webmedx that was interesting, and I can not find it anywhere. Any ideas where it went off to, and if it disappeared, why?!? Thanks!! ...

There Was A Discussion On The Company Board About Tax Deducions And I'm Curious. Sm
Feb 03, 2013

Their discussion got a little heated and I'm not interested in that, but I have been an IC the last couple of years and I have never had enough deductions to itemize -- is that unusual? I am single, no dependents, my office portion of my apartment is only about 10%, so that means only about $100/month for rent/utilities/internet, so still way below the standard deduction. Am I missing something? TIA. ...

Concerning The Discussion A Few Days Ago About Which Heading Gait Testing Goes Under.
Jun 27, 2015

Gait testing is part of the neurological examination and should therefore go under that heading.  From my perspective, healthcare document integrity should hold sway over account specs or doctor preferences.  Too many doctors think all that matters is what they say or how they interpret what is said, which is total bunk.  If that were true, we would all just start typing melanotic stools every time one of these medical geniuses dictates that because certainly there isn't a do ...

Wmx/nuance Paycut Meeting,listen To Tape Shut Up Or QUIT, Nuance Attitude?
Dec 12, 2011

According to a poster below which has apparently already attended one of the payroll meetings (as the poster posted) for nuance they have decided to keep the incentive part of all of our pay going with an exception that now you have to have over the industry standard of 98% to get a production based incentive. In addition (if this poster is accurate) they have again cut the overall pay from 8 and 4 to 3 3/4 AND 7 1/2. This is nothing but a bunch of crapploa...an MT who is now getting ...

I Know The Nuance Questions Are Getting Old, But Just One More, Does Nuance Pay Shift Differential F
Mar 09, 2012

that fall during the shift.  For example, if half of your hours fall in 3rd shift and half fall in 1st shift, do the 3rd shift hours pay more cpl?  Or, do all hours have to fall within the shift to qualify?  Thanks, Yet another sad Transcend employee... ...

Is Nuance And M-Modal Joint Services? Posting Here For Nuance AC, Got Email To Test For M-Modal.
May 01, 2012

I thought they were 2 different services.  Everyone is buying out everyone, so who knows.  All the small companies have been merged I guess.  I thought Nuance was out of New York and were the primary with VR.  Maybe one has to keep up with the changes and be a member and pay the dues and go to the meetings with AAMT and be a CMT to keep up with the changes, even though you still get 4 cents. ...

"Consider Returning To Nuance" - Just Received Email From Nuance
Jun 27, 2014

Wow. Posted this on company board but wanted to post here as well - some of you may feel vindicated. LPn ...

Nuance OSI
Apr 14, 2011

Any thoughts on this merger???? ...

Web/Nuance Ad
Sep 15, 2011

Does anyone know why the ad says "No inquiries from overseas" when they obviously offshore the work?  Anyone reading that would incorrectly assume they do not offshore.  I was reading an article in the newspaper that a journalist was talking about a few days ago regarding the hospital outsourcing to the Web/Nuance, and the spokesperson for the hospital said in the article that the company only employs US MTs.  ...

Nuance -?
Oct 08, 2011

xx ...

Nuance PTO ?
Oct 23, 2011

The ad Nuance has up says increased PTO.  Anyone willing to tell me what it is now. Also information on their bonus program would be helpful.  Thank you. ...

WMX/NUANCE Here It Is......
Nov 04, 2011

....First send us an email with fabulous Nuance ins (bad news) because they had to announce that due to open season. However at the same time telling us that the new pay structure (probably more bad news) will be announced at a later date but will be effective Jan 1 2012. Good way to keep us hanging on while they are so behind with their horrid platform. Guess what Nuance/Nuisance, it will not work as your reputation has gone from bad to worse and we are now realizing that the We ...

NUANCE/WMX
Nov 18, 2011

What do Nuance MT's get for editing and transcribing per line.   Thanks ...

WMX/Nuance Changes
Dec 06, 2011

If Webmedx does away with or changes their recently advertised "PRODUCTION BASED INCENTIVE" bonus and adopts the Nuance quality based bonus then this change may be considered by quite a few WMX employees as yet another cut in pay. I’m sure that there are quite a few MT’s currently at WMX that have a high QA average and are earning $300-$400 (some even more) in production incentive pay each pay period, which equates to $600-$800 per month. As an example, acco ...

QA Nuance
Dec 28, 2011

Did anyone hear anything about changes for QA.  I heard there was a webinar today? ...

Nuance W2s?
Jan 20, 2012

Has Nuance/Alphastaff released W2s yet?  Quit mid-December, have no idea.  Thanks! ...

For Nuance QA.. Sm
Mar 09, 2012

Is there a specific QA staff?  I was under the impression that the team managers did most of the QA.  Is that correct?  Or how is the QA done?  Someone said below that QA is paid hourly; I was under the impression it was cpl.  Any info on QA structure for Nuance would be helpful.  Thanks in advance.  ...

Does Nuance Have IC's
Mar 09, 2012

Does anyone know if Nuance hires IC's?  I could not find it anywhere.  It could be a solution for me if they do.  Thanx in advance. ...

Nuance Job
Mar 12, 2012

I have an interview this week with Nuance. Any advice on what to expect? I'm interviewing for an MT job and have been reading some posts on here about the company and it's not looking good. ...

Wmx/Nuance
Mar 12, 2012

Had our usual update this morning from my AM, one of the best IMO and the reason many of us stayed after Nuance took over. Then at 1:30 an e-mail that he is no longer with the company??? What is going on???  (DO) ...