A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Why are companies stuck on everyone working 40 hours a week? - adkmt

Posted: Mar 02, 2012

I've got great experience and when I'm scheduled to work, I'm there working.  What the hell difference does it make if I only want to be scheduled for 6 hours on four of my weekdays?  Would they rather I said I would work 8 hours and actually only work 6 like a lot of people? I'm willing to work 10 hours on Sunday, so we're talking 34 hours a week and more if I have the time, and I'm not asking for benefits.  I'm so sick of this job search. 

Seriously? - FatnSazzy

[ In Reply To ..]
Because they need coverage for x amount hours, x amount of days. "Stuck" on 40 hours? Standard workweek if you are an employee.

Similar Messages:

Anyone Know Of Any Companies Which Hire For About 15 Hours Per Week?
May 17, 2013

Just wondering if any of you know of any companies which are hiring part-time transcriptionists for 12 to 15 hours per week?  Thank you ...

Know Of Any Companies Where One Can Work Under 20 Hours A Week?
Apr 20, 2015

I'm looking to work preferably 16 hours a week. It can be IC, statutory, or employee status. I want to keep yearly income around $9000. I will consider 20 hours. Thanks in advance. ...

How Many Hours A Week For Courses?
Dec 20, 2011

Hi.  I'm wondering for those of you who either attend/attended M-Tec or Andrews, about how many hours per week do you spend on the classes (total, including all studying)?  M-Tec's website says 25-30 hours.  Do you find this to be accurate?  I did not see an answer on the Andrews website.  I want to be sure before I commit that I have the necessary time to spend on the course.  While I'm willing to put 30 hours in, I do not want to find out that in re ...

Out For Work, And Have 10 Hours From Last Week.
Nov 04, 2012

:( ...

Was Everybody Under 30 Hours Per Week Terminated?
Aug 15, 2013

That's the buzz on the other board. ...

Does Anyone Work 16 Hours/week
Oct 31, 2014

I am PT now but cannot, due to medical reasons, work the 24 hours required.  I am waiting to see if I get disability and, if not, will have to fight with a lawyer to try to get it, in the meantime, I was wondering if anyone works only 16 hours per week, if so, did you need a doctor's note to request this.  I can get a doctfor's note with no problem, but Im afraid MM will just fire me instead and I dont want that to happen until I get disability.  Thanks for any informati ...

Does Anyone Work 18 Hours/week
Jan 24, 2015

Due to medical reasons, I now work 20 hours/week, but have to cut back to 18 hours/week.  I read in the policies/procedures it is okay if you have a doctors note.  I can get a doctors note Tuesday, but I was wondering if anyone is working 18 hours/week and if they gave you any grief or if you know of anyone being fired for requesting 18 hours/week.  Thank you for any information you can give me.   ...

Opinions Please...I Work About 15 Hours A Week
Jun 01, 2011

for a psychiatrist as a scribe from home.  He has also asked me to make reminder calls to patients for their appts the following day.  I use my land line to make the calls which is not blocked and is listed in the phonebook.  If the patient does not answer the phone I am to leave a message saying only "this message is for XXX, please call XXX at 123-4567 (his receptionist at the office)...as HIPAA forbids giving out any other information.  Rather than listening to the me ...

For MQ Part-timers Who Work 24 Hours/week...
May 08, 2010

how many of you only work 3 or 4 days per week (24 hours).  Do you split your schedule up and work only a few hours at a time?  I'm considering working only 3-4 days per week instead of my usual 5 and would like to know how you schedule your hours.  Thank you! ...

Would You Rather Be Paid $14 An Hour, 40 Hours A Week Or Production At 8 Cpl? Sm
Jun 06, 2012

I have been offered both, but I'm not sure what to do. ...

Only 9 Hours This Week And Full-time With Benefits And
Dec 27, 2012

happen before and I have another part-time job so I can't keep checking back and forth all day everyday to make up time. Anyone else every been in this situation? Tomorrow is Friday and I am not even close to 20 hours let alone 39?? I have put in tickets in remedy, but just curious if anyone else has ever been in this situation and what was the outcome? ...

39 Hours Is Considered The Full Week Correct? So We Just Need
Jan 01, 2015

put in enough unpaid hours to equal that? ...

How Many Hours Did You Spend As An Andrews Student A Week?
Jun 10, 2015

Their website says students spend 15 to 30 hours a week on coding practice and reading assignments.  I know everyone is different, with different abilities and other responsibilities, etc. but I am just wondering how many hours some of you spent a week while being an Andrews student?  I am going to start soon and I am getting excited! ...

No Work On A Friday Afternoon???? I'm Lucky If I Have 10 Hours This Week. Sm
Nov 30, 2012

Why oh why don't they lay me off??????? Sorry, just venting. ...

If You Drop To 35 Hours/week, Do You Still Get All The Full-time Benefits?
Dec 15, 2014

I'd like to drop 5 hours, but not if I have to pay more for health insurance, etc. ...

Working More Than 65 Hours?
Mar 28, 2012

Just out of curiosity, do any of you out there work a full time and part time job for more than 60 hours per week?  And I mean really sitting at your desk for that long.  Are you half dead?   Someone, please, talk me out of it..... ...

ICs Working Set Hours
Apr 24, 2012

How many of you are ICs who are required to work set hours? How many have to use an electronic time cards online to record every break? Has anyone objected to this since we are not employees, receive no employee benefits, and are not paid by the hour but by the line? Has anyone talked to their MTSO about the illegality of this? First our wages have been cut (in half in some cases) both by rate reduction and by the AAMT switching from gross to character line count which reduced our income ...

Working 20 Hours...
Feb 06, 2015

How much can someone expect to make working 20 hours a week at Nuance? ...

Question About Working Hours
Mar 23, 2010

I am looking for work and was just wondering about how receiving your work and returning it usually works.  When I took the MT course, I was under the impression that I would receive a batch of work and then have 12-24 hours to return it, making my work schedule flexible so I could work around my children's school and summer schedules.  I assumed that when they're at school I could do my work then, and in the summer when they're home during the day, I could do my work in ...

Transcend - Working Over 40 Hours
Aug 16, 2011

Do any of you have to work over 40 hours to meet your requirements?  If so, do you have to have permission, wait until extra help is needed?  or just judge for yourself when there is red/yellow on the jobs to go in and pick up some lines?  TIA. ...

Working Scheduled Hours
Aug 14, 2013

MModal HAS to be in the Top 10 of the worst companies to work for.  Got the email saying we MUST work our scheduled hours, only 2 MTs allowed on per account per day, 2 weeks notice if asking for days off, a month's notice if more than 5 days, no changing hours around unless approved in advance.  And yet, HERE I SIT . .  . just like I did on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday . .  . sat down to work my scheduled hours and  . . . I have NO WORK!  Talk about one-sided! &n ...

Anyone Know The Minimum Number Of Hours And Lines Per Week Required For Part-time
Aug 04, 2010

MT/ME positions at Medquist? ...

Do Those Of You Working FT Work 8 Hours Straight Or Do You
Jan 11, 2015

split your hours up into 2 or 3 segments during the day/night. Want to go FT but not sure I could take working 8 hours straight and wondered what others working FT do. Thank you! ...

What Companies Are More Flexible With Their Hours/schedules
Aug 04, 2010

I read a post on one of the boards yesterday by someone who was asking what companies are more flexible with their hours/schedules, etc.  Wanted to read responses and cannot find the original post to save my soul!!  Anybody know what board it is on? Thanks ...

Do All Companies Have Testing That Takes Hours?
Mar 01, 2015

Seems like a waste of a lot of time to find out later on pay scale is not what you want or schedule you want isn't available.  Used to be they would give you an oral exam during interview and guess you good to go.  Is that out of the question anymore?  ...

Any Companies Out There Who Leave You Alone And Do Not Require Specific Hours
Feb 19, 2013

Are there any companies out there who let you just do your work and do not require you to give them a time or if you leave your computer that they constantly harrass you? ...

Do Companies Hire ICs With A Line Committment Rather Than Hours?
Jan 03, 2015

I have a full-time MT job working in-office, but would like to make extra money as an IC in the evenings and on weekends, but I don't necessarily want to commit to a certain amount of hours, but would rather commit to producing a minimum amount of lines per day or per pay period.  Any companies that work that way? ...

Did Any Companies Acknowledge MT Week This Year? Nm
May 18, 2011

No UPS truck in my driveway yet :( ...

Independent Contractor - Can Work More Than 40 Hrs. A Week, Since Not Working As An Employee
Jul 24, 2012

I've just started working as an independent contractor and I was wondering if an IC can work more than 40 hrs. a week, since not working as an employee. This is all new to me. I've always worked as an employee before. I just couldn't handle the VR anymore. It's a joke and decided it was time to "just say no!" The big boys came up with it and they can deal with it. Not going to ruin my health (body and mind) anymore for minimum wage! That being said, I'm very willin ...

Working For Two Companies
Mar 06, 2011

I currently work full-time for one MTSO and as an independent contractor for two physicians in my area.  I would like to give up this independent contractor work and work 4 hours a day for another MTSO.  Is it acceptable to apply to a second MTSO part-time if they know you are already working full-time and will they accept my application? ...