A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Transcend - working over 40 hours - Newtotranscend

Posted: Aug 16, 2011

Do any of you have to work over 40 hours to meet your requirements?  If so, do you have to have permission, wait until extra help is needed?  or just judge for yourself when there is red/yellow on the jobs to go in and pick up some lines?  TIA.

Overtime... - CardioMT

[ In Reply To ..]
In my region overtime is usually on approval depending on the requirments of the account, which has been quite often during the past few weeks as the account is super busy. I am sure each region is different however. You should probably check with your ROM or TL.

if it takes more than 40 hr - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
to meet your requirements, you should talk to your team leader or regional manager. If you are new, being in a probationary period may affect this. If OT is not approved, you might just "adjust" your time down so it does not reflect OT, therefore being able to meet your committment without being into OT.

Adjust time down? - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
Do you not tell the truth about how much you actually work and working overtime for the same amount of cash you get for no overtime to meet requirement????? I guess if that is what you have to do – that is what you have to do.

I think there is a formula to it, but not sure - what the numbers are SM

[ In Reply To ..]
You have to do a certain amount of lines per hour, I will pick 200 just to make it easy. 200 x 8 hours is 1600 lines. If it takes you 9 or 10 hours to get this, you can only put 8 on your timesheet. Does anyone know what the line requirements are for straight and VR?
Formula to adjusting - Silent observer
[ In Reply To ..]
I am sure that the Labor Board and Wage and Hour people would find this all very interesting.
That depends. If it's because there's no work, then yes. If it's because... - see message
[ In Reply To ..]
If it's because the employee just can't make the minimums in the required schedule with enough work, then they can't just work OT when it's not approved. Their choices are to lie and say they worked 8 hours or risk losing their job for not being able to do the minimum after they're outside of the learning curve.

Similar Messages:

Working More Than 65 Hours?
Mar 28, 2012

Just out of curiosity, do any of you out there work a full time and part time job for more than 60 hours per week?  And I mean really sitting at your desk for that long.  Are you half dead?   Someone, please, talk me out of it..... ...

ICs Working Set Hours
Apr 24, 2012

How many of you are ICs who are required to work set hours? How many have to use an electronic time cards online to record every break? Has anyone objected to this since we are not employees, receive no employee benefits, and are not paid by the hour but by the line? Has anyone talked to their MTSO about the illegality of this? First our wages have been cut (in half in some cases) both by rate reduction and by the AAMT switching from gross to character line count which reduced our income ...

Working 20 Hours...
Feb 06, 2015

How much can someone expect to make working 20 hours a week at Nuance? ...

Question About Working Hours
Mar 23, 2010

I am looking for work and was just wondering about how receiving your work and returning it usually works.  When I took the MT course, I was under the impression that I would receive a batch of work and then have 12-24 hours to return it, making my work schedule flexible so I could work around my children's school and summer schedules.  I assumed that when they're at school I could do my work then, and in the summer when they're home during the day, I could do my work in ...

Working Scheduled Hours
Aug 14, 2013

MModal HAS to be in the Top 10 of the worst companies to work for.  Got the email saying we MUST work our scheduled hours, only 2 MTs allowed on per account per day, 2 weeks notice if asking for days off, a month's notice if more than 5 days, no changing hours around unless approved in advance.  And yet, HERE I SIT . .  . just like I did on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday . .  . sat down to work my scheduled hours and  . . . I have NO WORK!  Talk about one-sided! &n ...

Transcend Work Hours
Feb 12, 2010

Hmmm - I do not even know what my hours are - according to the MSL web site I  am listed as having the same schedule as always, but since I lost my insurance due to "reduction of hours", I wonder what my schedule is expected to be now - seeing as though this was NEVER discussed with me or was I ever formally informed from Transcend my hours were decreasing.  I am curious as to if they expect me to still make myself available for my 40-hour work week and get NO JOBS or very limited jobs ...

What Are The Hours For Second Shift At Transcend?
Dec 03, 2010

nm ...

Do Those Of You Working FT Work 8 Hours Straight Or Do You
Jan 11, 2015

split your hours up into 2 or 3 segments during the day/night. Want to go FT but not sure I could take working 8 hours straight and wondered what others working FT do. Thank you! ...

Why Are Companies Stuck On Everyone Working 40 Hours A Week?
Mar 02, 2012

I've got great experience and when I'm scheduled to work, I'm there working.  What the hell difference does it make if I only want to be scheduled for 6 hours on four of my weekdays?  Would they rather I said I would work 8 hours and actually only work 6 like a lot of people? I'm willing to work 10 hours on Sunday, so we're talking 34 hours a week and more if I have the time, and I'm not asking for benefits.  I'm so sick of this job search.  ...

Any MT From Transcend Now Working As An IC?
Nov 17, 2009

I was wondering if you could tell me what the criteria is the Transcend requires for IC status.  I have been hearing this now for days and was hoping an IC for them could enlighten those of us who wish to be an IC instead of an employee.  Thanks very much!  ...

Anyone Working For Transcend
Sep 28, 2011

Applied about a month ago and didn't go with them, but now I am thinking of maybe taking their offer.  Don't really want to be an employee of the Q after reading all the negative vibes on here.  Any good news about Transcend?  How's the pay per line for Tier 3, etc. ...

Working 2 Companies ?Wmx And Transcend??
Oct 05, 2011

Anyone working or have worked for both and can give input as to how your earnings vary from one to the other.  I know accounts, etc. make a difference.  I see both companies are hiring and offering about the same wages.  WMX recently bought by Nuance so I am sure things will be changing.   Wondering if work is more stable with one or the other.  Any info helpful in deciding which company to apply to.  TIA for any comparisons between these 2 companies. ...

Recent Information On Working For Transcend Services?
Dec 10, 2010

Does anyone have recent information on working for Transcend Services?  Thanks. ...

Are Nuance MLS Working On Transcend Accounts? My Workload Has
Oct 19, 2012

Just wondering if we're all sharing accounts now. ...

Is There Anyone Nice Working For Transcend In Management Or The Administrative Area?
Mar 25, 2010

You can call every number in the directory and never get anyone who answers a phone.  E-mails are not answered or are answered by a short curt, almost very nasty reply.   Is Transcend ashamed of what they are doing to their employees? They should be if they aren't.  Management has definitely turned the page and have become as rude as possible toward everyone.  No wonder all my teammates have taken second jobs and are just waiting to learn the accounts for ...

Just Applied To Nuance. Curious What Hours Most Of You Work And What Hours 2nd Shift Is?
Jul 10, 2012

Please don't discourage me from applying to Nuance.  I just lost my job today and I need a job BAD!  Plus, I've only got two semesters of college left before I graduate and move out of this field.  Anyway, can someone tell me what 2nd shift hours are? And I'm curious to know when most of you work. Thanks ...

Shesh. Been Sitting Here 6 Hours For 3-1/2 Hours Of Work.
Apr 17, 2013

Somehow, I think we should be getting paid for the time we are waiting between jobs, especially since the wait isn't fitting into the 15-minute wait period. - Of course, waiting put under work availability. ...

Department Of Labor Says 40 Hours Equals 40 Hours...
Sep 16, 2014

...check it out for yourselves. Employees are not independent contractors. If you signed up for a straight 8 per day, your time sheet should reflect only the breaks you take off the clock. They are so messing with you folks! ...

Is It Possible To Get 40 Hours' Work In 40 Hours?
Aug 09, 2014

If it takes more, how many more? I realize this is an answer dependent on many factors, but I'm talking in general terms. Thank you. ...

When Does Working For 6.5 Cpl VBC Beat Not Working Because Of No Work?!!!!
Oct 09, 2014

d ...

Less Than 24 Hours PT??
Nov 20, 2009

I understand with 24 hours you get PTO, but can you be scheduled for less than 24. That is a lot for a PT position. Most companies only require 20 per week. ...

Q8h Or Every Eight Hours?
Mar 12, 2010

Which is correct? I thought I had remembered something from the BOS (which I can't find in my office right now) that said if the dictator said q 8 hours then it should be spelled out as every eight hours. Is that correct or am I losing my mind? ...

Best Hours
Aug 28, 2010

I know there are so many on here who are fed up with Medquist.  But, can anyone tell me if there is any shift or days that work is usually available?  Overnight shift?  Evenings?  I have 2 friends who work for MQ and they are not out of jobs when they work.  (well, that's what they tell me).  They said it actually just depends on the account.   Is anybody here OK with MQ, maybe not perfectly happy, but not destitute either?  TIA ...

Every 4 Hours
Jun 29, 2011

so can someone clear me up about how to type q4h   ?? (as in every 4 hours).    thanks! ...

Only 8 Hours...
Dec 08, 2011

Ok, I'm not as fast as I used to be and the doctors keep giving names of physicians that are not on their list and are spelled different ways so I take the time to look them up because blanks are not a thing I like to leave on a report.  Today we get an email that we can no longer work off the clock which for me is a problem.  Do you take the time to look things up like that or what do you do to get past the OCD of trying not to leave a blank?  I feel like MQ is chasing ...

Q.6-8 Hours?
Apr 25, 2012

Doc says q. 6 to 8 hours with food.  Is that transcribed "q.6-8 hours"? Thanks for any help! ...

TTS - 8 Hours
Jul 15, 2012

I thought if we logged 7 hrs/day was considered okay, but now I'm getting notices that it is supposed to be 8 hrs/day - 8 hrs a day of actual transcription is pretty hard to concentrate - the mind and body has to take breaks! ...

So Far (2 Hours In) Don't Like DQS 7 -
Jul 24, 2012

Can we change the color of the audio highlight.  Mine is purple and it is driving me nuts.  It used to be yellow in the old DQS.  Thanks ...

Hours For FT Or PT? Sm
Sep 05, 2012

How many hours are considered FT?  How about for PT work?  Thanks. ...

PT Less Than 20 Hours. Possible??
Jul 16, 2013

As hard as it is for Nuance to get/retain employees has anyone every been able to negotiate for less than 20 hours PT with them? ...