A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Any companies out there who leave you alone and do not require specific hours - tiredmt

Posted: Feb 19, 2013

Are there any companies out there who let you just do your work and do not require you to give them a time or if you leave your computer that they constantly harrass you?

Inhealth----I just posted this below. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
They route your minutes to you daily (120 minutes) and a job list and those are YOUR jobs to do. You don't have to fight for work. You are an employee and no set schedule. You have to have your work completed by 12:00 midnight. They require a C-phone, which I believe they purchase and do paycheck deductions if you don't have one. I'm not 100% sure on that though, I began working for them around five years ago.

Says all current positions filled. - me

[ In Reply To ..]
Are you always busy? How is the line rate?

Inhealth - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I stopped working there last year, because my husband's business needed my help and Inhealth didn't offer part-time.

I was always busy. IF for some reason it was a little slow (around holidays) they would email and ASK if anyone wanted to take off, on a first come, first serve basis. If I didn't ask to take off, I still got work.

Line rate was 9 cpl.

Leave you alone - My Job Does, but

[ In Reply To ..]
I can work whenever I want, BUT, it is FIFO, so you cannot be guaranteed work every day and I have tried all different times of the day and night and no weekend work, as it is a clinic, so I just log on when I can work and if there is work, I work, if not, I don't. I also have a weekend radiology job, but it isn't that much. I am okay, as I am retired, but if I had to make a living off of this company, I would need two other jobs besides. Everything is a trade off.

Some days, I can be home all day and just log off and on to see what is there, but I have kind of stopped that. I hate being chained to a computer, so I just have to spend less!

Similar Messages:

Alpha Transcription - Do They Require Set Hours?
Jan 06, 2011

Hi, I was wondering if any of you could tell me about Alpha Transcription.  Do they require set hours?  Do they pay decent?  How is their communication?  Do they have PTO?   Thanks! ...

Are There ANY Companies That Don't Require You To
Nov 05, 2009

do OP notes.  I hate 'em and for 2 days that's about all I've gotten.  So, I would love to find a company that does not require OP note transcription.  TIA. ...

Are There Any Companies That Do Not Require A Quota?
Jan 20, 2010

I have 9 years' experience and can do about 150-180 lines an hour, but I hate having the feeling of I need to get to the particular quota and rushing myself along.  I want to do a quality report and would rather work for a company who represents that.  Anyone know of any companies out there like this?  TIA. ...

Companies Who Do Not Require A Schedule.
Sep 14, 2012

Big company or small, full or part-time, good or mediocre pay, are there ANY companies who do not require a schedule for an IC? I have searched and searched...to no avail. Thanks for any tips if you know of a company who fits this description! ...

What Companies Are More Flexible With Their Hours/schedules
Aug 04, 2010

I read a post on one of the boards yesterday by someone who was asking what companies are more flexible with their hours/schedules, etc.  Wanted to read responses and cannot find the original post to save my soul!!  Anybody know what board it is on? Thanks ...

Anyone Know Of Any Companies Which Hire For About 15 Hours Per Week?
May 17, 2013

Just wondering if any of you know of any companies which are hiring part-time transcriptionists for 12 to 15 hours per week?  Thank you ...

Do All Companies Have Testing That Takes Hours?
Mar 01, 2015

Seems like a waste of a lot of time to find out later on pay scale is not what you want or schedule you want isn't available.  Used to be they would give you an oral exam during interview and guess you good to go.  Is that out of the question anymore?  ...

Know Of Any Companies Where One Can Work Under 20 Hours A Week?
Apr 20, 2015

I'm looking to work preferably 16 hours a week. It can be IC, statutory, or employee status. I want to keep yearly income around $9000. I will consider 20 hours. Thanks in advance. ...

Why Are Companies Stuck On Everyone Working 40 Hours A Week?
Mar 02, 2012

I've got great experience and when I'm scheduled to work, I'm there working.  What the hell difference does it make if I only want to be scheduled for 6 hours on four of my weekdays?  Would they rather I said I would work 8 hours and actually only work 6 like a lot of people? I'm willing to work 10 hours on Sunday, so we're talking 34 hours a week and more if I have the time, and I'm not asking for benefits.  I'm so sick of this job search.  ...

Do Companies Hire ICs With A Line Committment Rather Than Hours?
Jan 03, 2015

I have a full-time MT job working in-office, but would like to make extra money as an IC in the evenings and on weekends, but I don't necessarily want to commit to a certain amount of hours, but would rather commit to producing a minimum amount of lines per day or per pay period.  Any companies that work that way? ...

Specific Information For Your TAA
Mar 09, 2010

I just spoke with my TAA representative and he told me when you apply for UI through TAA, use the Medquist TAW#72153.  This is the official, approved number given to our beloved company proving they are getting rid of our American jobs to Indian workers.  The most important paragraph I found in the approved petition was: "All workers of MedQuist, Inc., Mount Laurel, New Jersey including workers at home sites throughout the United States, who became totally or partially separated from ...

Specific Gravity
Jan 22, 2011

In urinalysis, dictates specific gravity 1016.  He says "ten sixteen". Would you change this to 1.016? ...

Specialty Specific
Sep 12, 2012

I am a big cardiology buff and would love to do only cardiology transcription. If anyone has knowledge of places that have a lot of cardio accounts, would you be kind enough to point me in their direction. You can e-mail if you don't want to put names in open.  I can offer help in return too as able.  TIA. ...

Are There Specific Regions
Feb 28, 2014

Specific regions??? I wish. I am supposed to be West but have reports from California, Oregon, New Jersey, Florida, Texas, Virginia, etc.  You name it.  Hardly ever the same client or dictator. This doesn't make it easy to make line count or any money having to start over with every report.   ...

Can A Culture Be Specific For Cipro?
Dec 18, 2009

He says "pus aspirated from the abscess and the culture was specific for cipro.  He was placed on cipro".    Is that right?  ...

Client Specifics Should Be Less Specific!!
Jan 13, 2010

Why, oh why can't all the dictators on one account use the same format????!!!!! Dozens of doctors on the same account and they all want different styles.  Some want headings capped, some do not.   Some want bold, some do not.  Some want them underlined and some do not.  Some want PHYSICAL EXAM, some PHYSICAL EXAMINATION, and then some EXAM.  Followinig on down in a note, you can just imagine how many differences there are with each dictator.  These guys ...

Specific Questions About TransTech...please Help If You Can SM
Nov 04, 2011

Full time is considered 40 hours/5500 lines per week, right? Is it a mix of straight typing and VR? Are there a lot of ESL...or about average? How much per pay period does the single healthcare premium cost?  Are the benefits good?  Is there PTO, 401K, etc?  Are they very strict about your schedule...or could one work 2 hours outside their schedule either way (and still do 8 hours)? Do they provide the computer/equipment?  Do you have to pay to lease their equipment ...

Took The Survey And Was Very Specific With My Opinions
Dec 13, 2011

Very specific: Low pay, no incentive, extremely stringent time constraints, TIME CLOCK, MedQ does not support the workforce that currently makes their company.  Acknowledged that MedQ is busily developing technology to do away with the MT, but in the meantime, need to pay the highly skilled MTs that keep them in business.  Also acknowledged that personally I do not have a problem with a capitalist principle to develop said technology to make seemless VR into the EMR.. But until that ...

Looking For A Specific Name For A Surgical Catheter
Sep 15, 2014

This is an orthopedic procedure, total elbow arthroplasty.   Prior to closure, a new (s/l) PIGMAN catheter was placed in the superolateral aspect of the elbow as an inflow, and a medium Hemovac was placed in the distal lateral aspect of the elbow, both seen in the joint.   ...

When They Ask For A Specific Foot Pedal....
Feb 12, 2015

I scratch my head.  I have always had a V-pedal and there are ads I come across that say in their 'MUST HAVES' an Infinity pedal is needed.  Why?  I can't see any reason for this?  And of course, "if you don't meet these req's don't apply."  Anybody relate?  ...

Looking For A Specific Keyboard Cover
Apr 27, 2015

Does anyone know of a company that sells custom covers for split keyboards?  I have a Goldtouch I got off of eBay a couple of months ago and I need a cover.  Sick of it getting dust bunnies.  TIA ...

Do You Ever Get So Sick Of A Specific Dictator's Voice That You
Sep 12, 2013

nm ...

Has Anyone Ever Asked, When Told A Specific Doctor
Jul 17, 2014

was complaining about your work, asked who the doc was and been told?  ...

Just Applied To Nuance. Curious What Hours Most Of You Work And What Hours 2nd Shift Is?
Jul 10, 2012

Please don't discourage me from applying to Nuance.  I just lost my job today and I need a job BAD!  Plus, I've only got two semesters of college left before I graduate and move out of this field.  Anyway, can someone tell me what 2nd shift hours are? And I'm curious to know when most of you work. Thanks ...

Would You Put Quotes Around The Specific Name Of A Form The Patient Filled Out?
Nov 16, 2009

If the doctor is having the patient fill out a specific form and they name that specific form would it have quotes around it? ...

Why Would A Co. Require IE 7.0 Instead Of 8.0?
May 12, 2010

I got a call today from HR at Sten-Tel (Springfield) saying that they were getting ready to make me an offer.  (Would consider taking it on only in addition to what I'm already doing due to hearing issues about lack of work.) I was, however, told that having Internet Explorer 8.0 was a problem and that I would need to uninstall this version and downgrade to IE 7.0.  I've never heard of this before and was wondering why the newer, more current version of IE would be a problem ...

Shesh. Been Sitting Here 6 Hours For 3-1/2 Hours Of Work.
Apr 17, 2013

Somehow, I think we should be getting paid for the time we are waiting between jobs, especially since the wait isn't fitting into the 15-minute wait period. - Of course, waiting put under work availability. ...

Department Of Labor Says 40 Hours Equals 40 Hours...
Sep 16, 2014

...check it out for yourselves. Employees are not independent contractors. If you signed up for a straight 8 per day, your time sheet should reflect only the breaks you take off the clock. They are so messing with you folks! ...

Will Require 'ACU' Bed Postoperatively
Aug 15, 2013

I cannot confirm this anywhere - thanks ...

Does Anyone Know If It's Legal For Them To Require
Oct 09, 2014

us to download software that allows them full-time access to our personal computers, allows them to upload our info, track our history, etc.?  If it has nothing to do with our daily MT work, then is it even legal to require us to install their spyware permanently on our own personal property??  I've never heard of a company doing this.  ...