A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

No work on a Friday afternoon???? I'm lucky if I have 10 hours this week. sm - shortcake

Posted: Nov 30, 2012

Why oh why don't they lay me off??????? Sorry, just venting.

It wouldn't bother me so much if I had PTO, but - unfortunately...

[ In Reply To ..]
I dont have any, as I took sometime off earlier this year and was off for Thanksgiving. At least if I had PTO, I could just take it as a "break" and know that I will at least have some sort of a check.

I know how you feel. Hopefully it will pick up and stay up pretty soon. But then again, we have Christmas coming up...so we will probably be back in the same boat once again :(

No work - Why oh why,

[ In Reply To ..]
don't you file for UE and to be forced to use your PTO because of lack of work, no way! You need to check the labor laws on that one!

I plan on it. I dont know where shortcake lives, but in my state - I CAN FILE for partial UE and..

[ In Reply To ..]
gonna get right on it first thing Monday. I would be there today, but so far work seems to be trickling in. Everytime I think I am about to run out something else loads into my que. If I can make it through today and tomorrow, I will be fine, but yesterday I only worked for 2 hours.

I filed UE and do not have to use my PTO - Lee

[ In Reply To ..]

I actually collected this time last year and filed 2 weeks ago. I know sm - shortcake

[ In Reply To ..]
I will get it but I have to have an interview with a processor over the phone on 12/12. It's just frustrating...
aren't UE benes taxable at end of year? n/m - SOSDD
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
yes, but you can have taxes withheld before - check is sent to you also
[ In Reply To ..]
Remember to ask when you apply.
thanks! Didn't realize you could ask for that n/m - SOSDD
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
You can ask for anything. Worse they can say is no. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x

And here my BOB in the south has late work - Need better workflow management

[ In Reply To ..]
Two of the hospitals in my BOB have 300+ late jobs with only 2 people working in them. None of the MMEs can help as the south just got a new hospital and half of it is done by the ILPs and is on 100% review, so they are stuck correcting the constant onslaught of garbage coming from them.

My BOB in the south has NO WORK for weeks. - Check work, morning, day and 3AM.

[ In Reply To ..]
Worked 2 hours all week.

In the west. I have around 700 lines for the week. - No message below.

[ In Reply To ..]
:(

Our west is overflowing with jobs today - mt123

[ In Reply To ..]
crazeeee......

Not my BOB - West-nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm.

Similar Messages:

Friday Afternoon And No Work Again
Jan 18, 2013

This is so ridiculous.  Friday afternoon and no work.  I can't keep checking back every hour and do perhaps 2 charts and run out again.  Stop sending so much work to India and at least leave the US MTs something to do.  ...

MModal Employment Ad Up - States Flexible Hours (afternoon & Evening)
Sep 28, 2012

Didn't know we had flexible hours. ...

Attention Employees... We Need Friday Hours. If You Do Not Volunteer,
Mar 19, 2010

Good thing I signed up for those Friday hours, only to get NJA.   What a bunch of Butt Face Jerks. ...

How Many Hours A Week For Courses?
Dec 20, 2011

Hi.  I'm wondering for those of you who either attend/attended M-Tec or Andrews, about how many hours per week do you spend on the classes (total, including all studying)?  M-Tec's website says 25-30 hours.  Do you find this to be accurate?  I did not see an answer on the Andrews website.  I want to be sure before I commit that I have the necessary time to spend on the course.  While I'm willing to put 30 hours in, I do not want to find out that in re ...

Out For Work, And Have 10 Hours From Last Week.
Nov 04, 2012

:( ...

Was Everybody Under 30 Hours Per Week Terminated?
Aug 15, 2013

That's the buzz on the other board. ...

Does Anyone Work 16 Hours/week
Oct 31, 2014

I am PT now but cannot, due to medical reasons, work the 24 hours required.  I am waiting to see if I get disability and, if not, will have to fight with a lawyer to try to get it, in the meantime, I was wondering if anyone works only 16 hours per week, if so, did you need a doctor's note to request this.  I can get a doctfor's note with no problem, but Im afraid MM will just fire me instead and I dont want that to happen until I get disability.  Thanks for any informati ...

Does Anyone Work 18 Hours/week
Jan 24, 2015

Due to medical reasons, I now work 20 hours/week, but have to cut back to 18 hours/week.  I read in the policies/procedures it is okay if you have a doctors note.  I can get a doctors note Tuesday, but I was wondering if anyone is working 18 hours/week and if they gave you any grief or if you know of anyone being fired for requesting 18 hours/week.  Thank you for any information you can give me.   ...

Opinions Please...I Work About 15 Hours A Week
Jun 01, 2011

for a psychiatrist as a scribe from home.  He has also asked me to make reminder calls to patients for their appts the following day.  I use my land line to make the calls which is not blocked and is listed in the phonebook.  If the patient does not answer the phone I am to leave a message saying only "this message is for XXX, please call XXX at 123-4567 (his receptionist at the office)...as HIPAA forbids giving out any other information.  Rather than listening to the me ...

Anyone Know Of Any Companies Which Hire For About 15 Hours Per Week?
May 17, 2013

Just wondering if any of you know of any companies which are hiring part-time transcriptionists for 12 to 15 hours per week?  Thank you ...

Know Of Any Companies Where One Can Work Under 20 Hours A Week?
Apr 20, 2015

I'm looking to work preferably 16 hours a week. It can be IC, statutory, or employee status. I want to keep yearly income around $9000. I will consider 20 hours. Thanks in advance. ...

For MQ Part-timers Who Work 24 Hours/week...
May 08, 2010

how many of you only work 3 or 4 days per week (24 hours).  Do you split your schedule up and work only a few hours at a time?  I'm considering working only 3-4 days per week instead of my usual 5 and would like to know how you schedule your hours.  Thank you! ...

Why Are Companies Stuck On Everyone Working 40 Hours A Week?
Mar 02, 2012

I've got great experience and when I'm scheduled to work, I'm there working.  What the hell difference does it make if I only want to be scheduled for 6 hours on four of my weekdays?  Would they rather I said I would work 8 hours and actually only work 6 like a lot of people? I'm willing to work 10 hours on Sunday, so we're talking 34 hours a week and more if I have the time, and I'm not asking for benefits.  I'm so sick of this job search.  ...

Would You Rather Be Paid $14 An Hour, 40 Hours A Week Or Production At 8 Cpl? Sm
Jun 06, 2012

I have been offered both, but I'm not sure what to do. ...

Only 9 Hours This Week And Full-time With Benefits And
Dec 27, 2012

happen before and I have another part-time job so I can't keep checking back and forth all day everyday to make up time. Anyone else every been in this situation? Tomorrow is Friday and I am not even close to 20 hours let alone 39?? I have put in tickets in remedy, but just curious if anyone else has ever been in this situation and what was the outcome? ...

39 Hours Is Considered The Full Week Correct? So We Just Need
Jan 01, 2015

put in enough unpaid hours to equal that? ...

How Many Hours Did You Spend As An Andrews Student A Week?
Jun 10, 2015

Their website says students spend 15 to 30 hours a week on coding practice and reading assignments.  I know everyone is different, with different abilities and other responsibilities, etc. but I am just wondering how many hours some of you spent a week while being an Andrews student?  I am going to start soon and I am getting excited! ...

If You Drop To 35 Hours/week, Do You Still Get All The Full-time Benefits?
Dec 15, 2014

I'd like to drop 5 hours, but not if I have to pay more for health insurance, etc. ...

Anyone Know The Minimum Number Of Hours And Lines Per Week Required For Part-time
Aug 04, 2010

MT/ME positions at Medquist? ...

Lucky Me
Dec 09, 2011

Company computer just crashed and burned.  ...

I. GOT. LUCKY.
Apr 08, 2015

Inhouse job in a hospital! Doing QA! HOURLY WAGE!!! I cannot believe my good fortune. ...

Lucky Or Not?
Jun 15, 2015

I had my name drawn during MT week for a $25 card on the daily drawing.  I have yet to see it.  Not holding my breath.  It will probably end up costing me in the long run. ...

Is It That Hard Or Am I Just Lucky?
Nov 15, 2011

I have been looking around the boards for a bit and I see everyone complaining about working for peanuts (or less) for their MTSO.  I currently work at home for a somewhat local hospital in my area.  They sent all of their transcriptionists home about 6 years ago and their coders are home now too.  I know that the other big hospital system in my area has all of their transcriptionsts at home too.  Is it really that hard to find a job like mine or did I just get lucky?  ...

Ok, All Afternoon...
Feb 19, 2013

All afternoon, the work trickled in, one job, nothing, one job, nothing...  Suddenly it jumped from around 500 jobs to over 1900 jobs in 10 minutes!  It seems like the work is given back to us when offshore is done for the day.  Then we get the cleanup of what is left.  So, is this company going to become a 2nd shift only job?  ...

No Work This Afternoon
Oct 13, 2012

First time I have truly encountered no work all afternoon.  I have had periodic times where for a little while I got no work but there has been ABSOLUTELY nothing on this account - it is making me wonder what is wrong.  I won't be able to make this time up so now I am out hours and ruined my Saturday.  Sent out emails and no response from anybody!!!  So frustrating ...

Anyone Else Completely NJA For Most Of The Afternoon?
Jul 24, 2013

nm ...

Monday Afternoon
Oct 28, 2013

Is anyone else having a problem uploading jobs?  I am concerned there may be a problem with my computer. ...

Job Initerview With M*Modal This Afternoon
Jul 24, 2012

I have a job initerview with M*Modal this afternoon.  I am currently working for MedScribe and they have cut our line rate and we keep running out of work.  Are most of you happy with M*Modal? ...

NJA On Sunday Afternoon In The North
Oct 28, 2012

This really blows.... ...

Now Running Out Of Work On Fridays In The Afternoon
Mar 22, 2013

Today got 4 hours work out of my 8 hour shift. Used to be busy all day on Friday, not any more. :( ...