A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Did any companies acknowledge MT Week this year? nm - Curious

Posted: May 18, 2011

No UPS truck in my driveway yet :(

I know Transcend is - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
My mom got a gift and a card telling her she was the backbone of the company, but she quit last week. lol. Also, my region is doing little games where the winner gets a gift card. I also noticed Transcend's Facebook page is going on and on about how great Transcend is. No one has commented on that yet, so I don't know if the public agrees, but Transcend thinks they are great. :)

I got a nice travel mug from Transcend - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Response - SS

[ In Reply To ..]
Based on what happened to the transcriptionists at a certain MTSO who were given "appreciation" gifts, perhaps you should be fortunate that the UPS truck hasn't arrived.

Opti-Script did - a contest to win PTO - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
The contest has been fun and was very nice. The President also sent a very encouraging letter thanking us for our dedication to doing a good job. Management does "get it" here but they can't stem the tide of all that's happening in our industry: Technology, offshoring, lower prices, EMR, government, you name it.

Yes!!! TransTech gave us - WalMart gift cards :)

[ In Reply To ..]
And I was very pleased!!!

MT week - Alice

[ In Reply To ..]
I have an interview tomorrow with a prospective MTSO employer. I'm going to ask them what they did special to recognize/show appreciation for their MTs this week. Maybe I'm wrong, but if I hear that they did nothing, that should tell me something about what it would be like to work there, right?

That's Tacky - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
You are going to come across as arrogant if you do that and certainly won't get the job. This business, as we all know, stinks. I personally got $20 from my company, but the business still stinks. NJA, ASR, the whole bit. So the MT week gift, in my opinion, is a moot point. Big deal. I got $20 and no work, and when there is work, it's ASR crap.

No. Is take-home pay good is 98% of what you - need to know. Also, just as you are

[ In Reply To ..]
trying to find little clues to big questions on this answer, they might do the very same about the person who asked it. Some people seem to need just a whole lot of expression of appreciation, which can be problematic. If you want to know if they treat their employees well, maybe you should just ask them that, with a smile, which gives the interviewer an opening to tell you all about it.

No arrogance required - Alice

[ In Reply To ..]
I certainly do not plan to be arrogant. I know how to word a question in an innocent, fact-finding kind of way. I will also ask about incentives and any other goodies that may be given to MTs to show that the company cares. It is my opinion that this is a reasonable question to ask a potential employer. Thank you for your responses. You are all certainly entitled to your opinion, but this is a point that is almost as important to me as how they manage bad dictators, so I will ask.

IMO, nothing more than a pleasant e-mail's needed, but Webmedx gave us a nice little audio - booster. Sensible, work-applicable: Appreciated. N

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I agree. I appreciate it too. It was nice surprise. nm - wmxer

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

MT Week--what Do You Think We Will Get This Year?
May 06, 2015

xx ...

ACKNOWLEDGE RESUME SUBMISSIONS
Oct 26, 2010

Does anyone ever get an acknowldegment when they send a resume for a job posting?  I have yet to receive one.  I am talking about the companies, of course, who do not ask me to test or have no interest in me as a potential employee.  The ones who do, contact me and I test and interview and blah blah blah.  I have always thought it was common business practice and just plain courteous to send a letter, heck, make it a form letter, I don't care saying, sorry we are not int ...

My True Thank You To The MTSOs Who Acknowledge
Dec 20, 2010

It is truly appreciated by those in receipt.  Even if I am not one of them, I still want to thank the companies and managers who really do express gratitude in one form or another for a job well done. Whether you are an MT or an MTSO:  Gratitude goes a long way. Grateful MT   ...

Anyone Know Of Any Companies Which Hire For About 15 Hours Per Week?
May 17, 2013

Just wondering if any of you know of any companies which are hiring part-time transcriptionists for 12 to 15 hours per week?  Thank you ...

Know Of Any Companies Where One Can Work Under 20 Hours A Week?
Apr 20, 2015

I'm looking to work preferably 16 hours a week. It can be IC, statutory, or employee status. I want to keep yearly income around $9000. I will consider 20 hours. Thanks in advance. ...

Why Are Companies Stuck On Everyone Working 40 Hours A Week?
Mar 02, 2012

I've got great experience and when I'm scheduled to work, I'm there working.  What the hell difference does it make if I only want to be scheduled for 6 hours on four of my weekdays?  Would they rather I said I would work 8 hours and actually only work 6 like a lot of people? I'm willing to work 10 hours on Sunday, so we're talking 34 hours a week and more if I have the time, and I'm not asking for benefits.  I'm so sick of this job search.  ...

How Would You Type: For The Past Year-year And A Half?
Sep 09, 2011

.. ...

Pt Has A "several Year" History Of A Slowly-growing Mass. Hyphen Several Year?
Jan 25, 2011

? ...

Year Old Versus Year-old
Aug 28, 2014

If no noun following such as female or male should this be hyphenated, i.e. if stated "A 10 year old has stomachache".... should it be "A 10-year-old has stomachache" ..... ...

HAPPY MT WEEK - Have A Great Week
May 17, 2010

To all you wonderful MTs working and slaving your lives away, Happy MT Week.  I appreciate you.  I appreciate your kindness when I have a rant or a rave, when I'm at my wits end with the constant changing around of clients, client profiles and the never ending dings being thrown at me. I appreciate knowing that I am not alone in this struggle. It is because of all of you, and only you MTs on this board that I manage to stay in this game.  We are treated as less than second class citiz ...

Anyone Planning On Actually Participating In MT Week Next Week?
May 14, 2014

. ...

Payday This Week (Thanksgiving Week)
Nov 24, 2014

Does anyone know when pay will be distributed this week? A big deal seemed to be made about getting payroll in quickly, so Im wondering if pay will be released before Thursday or if its just going to be Friday as usual. ...

At 99.4% This Week, Congratulated That I Improved Over Last Week.
Feb 13, 2015

Good grief. I did not change the way I edit. It so depends on how many commas they think you should have. Yes, I made an unusual (for me) mistake last week, but the rest of passing an audit is dumb luck of whether you get a realistic auditor or Ms English wannabe. Everybody must be under pressure because of the cesspool as I see a lot of mistakes when I look up past reports to help with these mush mouths and accents. The time czar wants schedule changes, but I see no problems with turna ...

Does Your PTO Rate Now Vary Week To Week?
Feb 20, 2015

Does it now vary from week to week?  I used to always know exactly what my PTO was and could calculate it but just noticed that it varied from one paycheck a couple of months back to this past week.  How is this now figured?  So confusing ...

New Year, New Me!
Jan 19, 2011

I am checking out my community college catalogue and getting excited at so many interesting courses.  I'm not looking for a long, drawn out process or degree, just some subjects that will be fun, creative and could also translate into making me more marketable.   As an MT, I lean more toward writing, computer, and maybe even something medical, as opposed to something like car mechanics or accounting.  Any ideas?     ...

40-ish Year Old - Sm
Feb 01, 2011

Doctor says: "He is a 40 ish year old white male in no acute distress." What is the right way to transcribe the 40 ish part?  I've seen a lot of different ways.  I was thinking "40-ish-year-old" but not completely sure.  TIA for any help! ...

New Year's Day
Jan 02, 2012

Hello fellow MQ MT's, Does anyone know if we get paid time and a half for New Year's Day?  I've looked up and down on MQ Central but can't find holiday pay listed anywhere.  Thanks!  ...

So Now A Year Or More Later With V/R..
Oct 03, 2012

DOES anyone actually double their lines ?      if not, shouldnt our pay go back up since their justification for halving our pay did not pan out?   Ha!   ...

With The New Year Need To Think About
Jan 01, 2013

I spent the morning reflecting and trying to figure out what to do and where this profession/company is heading.  In doing web searches found that MModal is opening up yet another center in Mysore, India and hoping to employee 500 employees.  I guess I am trying to figure out if it is indeed cheaper to employee Indians than US based employees after all the perks the Indians get like healthcare for the whole family including parents until they are 80, gym, free transportation, the cost ...

Is It Possible An 85 Year Could Have A
Mar 14, 2013

I had always thought pack year meant the number of years someone has been smoking.  ...

Just One More Year (hopefully)
Aug 17, 2013

My daughter will be driving and I can leave transcription/editing !   I just hope there is enough work to last that year.  I love working at home.  I've worked with some mean office women before who are backstabbing and downright evil, but at least I had security in my paycheck and paying my bills.  This job has been great as far as being home with my daughter when she gets out of school and being home when she is sick, but now she is older and when she starts drivi ...

Here's To The New Year -- More BS
Dec 30, 2013

Besides issues with a company that seems to have workflow problems and therefore tells the independent contractors to not work on their scheduled days because the work is low or on another day is sending e-mails that there is extra work and everyone needs to hustle , there is now a notice that there will be an adjustment in line rates.  Of note, this company does not pay the highest line rates to start with. They want a schedule and we're expected to be available AND must produce a min ...

New Year
Jan 01, 2014

Is today a Nuance holiday? ...

My Last Year With MM
Jan 24, 2014

I'm only staying this year for the insurance.  I'm pretty sure they won't be able to offer it so cheap next year. Then I'll be free to do whatever I want. ...

Always See The Companies To Stay Away From, How About Companies To Go To?
Oct 23, 2012

I see many warnings about bogus companies but I need help to steer me to a good company or at least a company that is fair, hiring and gives a fair entrance test.  any ideas?   ...

Do You Any MTs Making $50,000 Or More Per Year?
Nov 11, 2009

Does anyone know personally of any MT who makes $50,000 a year or more?  A college recruiter called me at home one night and asked what I did for a living and when I told her I did not make that kind of money she said "I was told most MTs make around $50,000 a year.  Only in my dreams.  LOL.  ...

2-year-old With Vertigo
Dec 30, 2009

this is on a little boy, 2-year-old, with vertigo, otolaryngology note.  He has fluid on the ear so they have scheduled surgery. After surgery, if his symptoms do persist, we may want to obtain an MRI and s/l "dem or even them" _____ test in the future.   thanks for any help!   ...

Happy New Year To Everyone! Nm
Dec 31, 2009

x ...

Happy New Year?
Dec 31, 2009

Just now got notification (New Years Eve) that there will be a new service area South right after the first of the year (figures, right?)  I know this happened to the North region about a month ago.  We will have a new DQS log-in and have to move our expansions over.  Can anyone from the North let me know what this means?  Will we still be doing our regular book of business?  Is it time to look for another job?  ...

EXPLAIN IT TO ME LIKE I'M A 4-YEAR-OLD
Jan 09, 2010

I'm exceedingly confused.  What I understood by reading the sites, kindly posted by our moderator and others, we will be contacted.  By whom?  Is MQ a participant because they are in one of the states listed? (Ohio).  If my state (Arizona) is not one of the states listed does that mean I'm not eligible for the benefits?   Not trying to be obtuse--I definitely need SOMEthing to happen, since I'm making less than half of what I was before QA was eliminated ...