A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Preferred Transcription in Pennsylvania oncology account? - Callie

Posted: Oct 03, 2011

Has anyone worked for Preferred on an oncology account?  If so, could you share your experience, please.  Looking for info on quantity of work, platform, ESL dicatators.  Is the account both straight and VR?  Flexible schedule?  Do they pay for spaces?  Thanks for your help.

PT - Jen

[ In Reply To ..]
Callie,
I have been working for Preferred Transcriptions for almost 2 weeks on oncology account. It is super busy and platform takes 2 days to get the hang of things. They are getting more accounts at the end of the month so plenty of job security. Yes, spaces counted. They deduct for copy/paste template but standard 30 lines per file so that works out just fine as most files are all copy/paste. I love working for them and schedule is flexible. You just tell them how many minutes you want each day and type away. Very happy with them. Have not had an ESL dictator yet.

I'm interested in this company as well, planning on calling - shortcake

[ In Reply To ..]
after work tomorrow. You confused me a bit with the copy/paste deduction and standard 30 lines?? Are you employee or IC? How is the pay? Do they leave you alone to do your work or micromanage? Don't like to be micromanaged!! Leave me alone and let me do my work. Thanks for the info and I hope you remain happy working for them.

pt - jlo

[ In Reply To ..]
NO micromanage. You just work after they give you work. $.08 like ad on mtdaily states. So much copying/pasting they just auto deduct 30 lines per file but you make enough as reports are generally long. Send your resume in if you are interested and wait for the call back. If you have oncology exp 3years+ you will be fine. Good luck
Oncology, not so much, though some. I do, however, have exp in most specialities. - shortcake
[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks.
Do they offer any benefits? nm - Soon2BdisplacedPAMT
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm just about out of a job w/12 years hospital experience.
No benefits-IC status - JLo
[ In Reply To ..]
Independent Contractor status, no benefits.

More questions for you - Bev

[ In Reply To ..]
It's always good to read that someone is happy with their job. I had heard bad things about the company in the past, but hey, everyone has their own opinion. Insofar as their platform, is it difficult to get it up and running? I have taken some jobs where you have to practically be a stunt artist to get the platform going, and they don't offer any help at all. This is a big deal to me because I am not very good at this kind of stuff. I have 14 years onc experience and absolute love doing it. How long did it take you to get up and running and actually producing work? Thank you so much for your help. Good luck!

Similar Messages:

Preferred Transcription In Pennsylvania
Aug 17, 2011

Does anyone have any info on this company re their oncology account, type of platform, pay scale, flexible as to working times, enough work.  I would appreciate any information provided.  I've been looking for oncology  work for quite a while now, and can't seem to get anywhere with this.  Thanks for your help. ...

Anything About CLK Transcription, Out Of Pennsylvania?
Dec 15, 2011

Anyone know anything about CLK Transcription, out of Pennsylvania? Thinking of applying.  Appreciate whatever info you can share - Thanks! ...

Atlas Worldwide Transcription. I Am A Small MTSO In Pennsylvania And Am
Nov 18, 2012

interested in obtaining some work from this company and I am wondering if anyone else has worked as a sub for them or knows of MTs that may work through the company.  Would appreciate any information about them if you have current knowledge of how they are to work with. ...

KS ONCOLOGY ACCOUNT
Feb 12, 2014

Yep, that KS account is gone! ...

TTS New Oncology Account
Jan 26, 2015

Hello...Can someone at least tell me what state this new oncology account is in? I fear it may be from a rather large state, close to water, and wonder if my friend's work is going to be siphoned to TTS. Tnx! ...

Oncology Account At TTS
Apr 15, 2015

Just wondering if there are any MTs out there who are working on this account for TTS.  Are you doing okay with production?  How are the dictators?  Interested in anything you care to share.  Please don't start the general TTS bashing/defending on this thread.  I am only interested in answers to my questions above and information about the account from MTs working on it.  Thanks in advance.  ...

Transtech - The New Oncology Account?
Aug 15, 2010

Just curious how the new oncology account is going at Transtech that started this past week or so.  I worked on this account for the previous service and cannot imagine the work being done with voice rec.  This large facility was loaded with terrible dictators, highly specialized terminology, and individual physicians with their own preferred specifications, let alone the account had detailed and constantly changing specs.  ...

TransTech (oncology Account(s)
Aug 10, 2011

Could anyone who works on the oncology account(s) at TT please share their experience.  Is there enough work?  How are you treated?  Is their platform(s) for both straight transcription and VR good enough to produce the required lines count(s)?  I would appreciate hearing from you.  Thank you. ...

MDIT For The Job(s) On The Oncology Account
Nov 21, 2011

If you applied at MDIT for the job(s) on the oncology account last week, have you heard back?  I did apply and haven't heard back.  I would assume they have been inundated with applicants.  Thanks for sharing. ...

TransTech Big Oncology Account
Jul 23, 2013

I have never seen so many IDIOT , native English speaking, dictators in one group before.  Never mind all the E4L (skip 2nd language , these ar 4th at best) dictators who mumble and muddle through.  DRIVES ME INSANE. Never mind it is supposedly oncology. .  well........ the greatest majority of the reports are acute care notes Never mind the Fluency platform..  It is right down there with Meditech and even worse than the old WP51 used to be.  Like rates aren't l ...

Keystrokes Oncology Account
Feb 07, 2014

Has anyone been notified this week that the oncology account at Keystrokes will no longer have any work because the physicians on that account will now be doing their own transcription using Dragon? ...

Work On The Landmark Oncology Account?
Apr 12, 2012

I had a message on my voicemail last night from Landmark offering me a job on their Oncology account. Is anyone currently working on this account, if so, has there been plenty of work, or have you been running out? I have noticed quite a few post lately about them running out of work. Just want to know what I am getting into before I return their call. Thanks so much! ...

Landmark Is Hiring For A Bayscribe Oncology Account
May 16, 2013

Landmark is hiring for a Bayscribe Oncology account.  Just a heads up, I currently work on a Bayscribe oncology account for them and I NEVER EVER have work!  I made $237.00 for the last 2-week paycheck.  I don't know if it is the same account they are hiring for, but even if it isn't, I have asked and asked for a new account, getting no response.  Just a warning, don't quit your day job! ...

Preferred Transcription In PA
Oct 26, 2012

Anyone familiar with this company?  Would like to know about workload (enough???), do they pay for spaces, and how they treat MTs.  Also, do they pay for spaces.  How is the platform?  It is for oncology account.  Are there a lot of ESL dictators?  Straight transcription or VR???  thanks for your help. ...

Anyone Know Preferred Transcription
May 09, 2014

out of TN is to work for? ...

Command Health - Interview With Them Today For An SR Oncology Account
Jan 08, 2014

I have an interview with them today for an SR Oncology account. Can anyone tell me how their SR platform is? ...

Preferred Transcription And Getting Paid
Nov 09, 2009

Has anyone worked for Preferred Transcription and have they gotten paid? ...

Preferred Transcription - Nothing About It In Archives
Apr 09, 2011

I checked the archives but can find nothing re this company.  Anyone working there or have worked there, could you please share your experience, good, bad and ugly.  Thanks for your input. ...

Preferred Transcription In Knoxville, TN
Aug 23, 2014

I found little to no info about this company. --- If anyone is currently working for them or has in the past, I would be interested in hearing the pros and cons about this company.  ...

Medical Transcription Courses - Which Ones Re Preferred By Employers?
Apr 10, 2013

I've been an LPN for 20 years and want to learn medical transcription for at home employment.  There are so many online courses out there.  Career Step is quite expensive and does not give credit for nursing experience.  Tempted by MTrans for Nurses.  Can anyone recommend an accredited online course that would help me find decent transcription employment at home opportunities.  Thank you in advance for any help.   Kate ...

Anything About Diskriter Out Of Pennsylvania?
Nov 22, 2010

Does anyone here work for or know anything about Diskriter out of Pennsylvania? I'm thinking about applying with them, and I don't see any previous comments about them. ...

The Transcription Doctors - Version 8 Account (sm)
Oct 05, 2010

May be an ignorant question - but what does Version 8 account mean?  It is in the Transcription Doctors ad on job seeker's board and I've seen it before.  I posted question on main board but no response.  Does anyone know?  TIA! ...

Landmark Transcription Lost Radiology Account
May 09, 2012

Whoever worked for Landmark Transcription recently and lost a hospital radiology account, I am wondering if you have found other work yet?? ...

Preferred EMR?
Jul 19, 2013

An ortho office I have worked for going on 10 years has asked me to look into preferred EMRs.- What do you like? Does anyone know of one that works well (that they have actual experience with)? How about one that does not require any speech-recog files (which he would prefer not to do)  just regular dictation that is imported into the system? Thanks for any input.   Joanie in CA     ...

Preferred Transcriptions In PA?
Feb 09, 2010

Any information about this company would be appreciated. Thanks! ...

PREFERRED TRANSCRIPTIONS
May 05, 2010

Anyone have any recent info on "Preferred Transcriptions?" I see they are hiring and have searched the Archives, but would like to know if anyone works for them currently or has in the past few months who could give me some info on whether they are a good company to work for, do they have plenty of work, etc. I would appreciate any current info anyone might have! Thanks! ...

Preferred Style?
Oct 18, 2010

Hello, I am wondering what is the preferred style when typing ranges for meds, as in every '1-2 ' or '1 to 2' or 'one to two' hours.   Thanks! ...

Preferred Headings
Aug 07, 2013

I think every single one of us should put in a ticket in Remedy complaining about this "preferred heading" list.  There is absolutely no reason for this!  It just slows up down when trying to upload a job!  Can somebody tell me what the purpose is for the spell check stopping on every single heading that is not in the "preferred list?"  There is none!  All these dictators want their own little headings in red, and we're not going to switch to one of the "suggestions ...

Preferred Fonts
Jun 25, 2014

I'm looking for a different font that is easier on the eyes.  Does anybody have any suggestions? ...

Preferred Transcriptions In Exton, PA - Sm
Apr 26, 2011

Anyone work for them?  Can anyone explain their work flow to me?  I don't get it.  Nice people but SO SLOW to send work.  E-mail me privately if more comfortable.  Thanks. ...