A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Landmark is hiring for a Bayscribe Oncology account - Heads up

Posted: May 16, 2013

Landmark is hiring for a Bayscribe Oncology account.  Just a heads up, I currently work on a Bayscribe oncology account for them and I NEVER EVER have work!  I made $237.00 for the last 2-week paycheck.  I don't know if it is the same account they are hiring for, but even if it isn't, I have asked and asked for a new account, getting no response.  Just a warning, don't quit your day job!

That account - Lillie Mae

[ In Reply To ..]
I think that's the same account I was on. I could not make money on it, so quit. Also, why work as an employee when you get 4 days off per year? That is the ONLY benefit.

Four days off per YEAR? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Landmark only "gives" four days off a year for FTEs? Am I reading that correctly?

Four days PTO per year - Lillie Mae

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, you read it correctly. That is the ONLY benefit. No health insurance, nothing else.

I just got an email - apple

[ In Reply To ..]
From K yesterday stating she needed extra help with an oncology account. I just don't get it...does she get freaked out when there are more than 10 jobs in the queue? She's always sending desperate emails by the end of the week for the EditScript account I'm on saying the work is getting backed up, etc., but when I log on, there are maybe 20 jobs if that in the queue.

Now, the second job I work for a different company and they also use EditScript...there's always about 800+ jobs in the queue. I wonder what K would do if one of her accounts had than many jobs in it!

To Heads Up - butterscotch

[ In Reply To ..]
Not on the same account, but I don't have much work, either. Hard to budget and stay afloat.

Well, wish she would be so kind as to MOVE. - me to the other account

[ In Reply To ..]
Rather than hiring more people.

I have a question - See Spot run

[ In Reply To ..]
Does the company ever explain why the work is so low or when there will be more?

I believe all their accounts are overflow - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
the account I am on is busy mostly Friday through Sunday, when the MTs at the hospital don't work.

Not all of their accounts are overflow - Landmarker

[ In Reply To ..]
I can only speak to the account that I am on and have been on for going on 5 years, but it is categorically NOT an overflow account.

It is all overflow - Small company?

[ In Reply To ..]
Many MTSOs over-hire so that the work gets done right away as it comes in and it makes them look good. Caring that there are so many MTs sitting without work doesn't seem to be a concern of the MTSO. Landmark is a little worse about that than any company I have seen. I had an account that I was seriously typing 200 lines per DAY, max and I begged and begged for a new account and never got one. Finally, I saw an ad on here that they were hiring and I emailed and asked if she could move me to that account, since they were hiring for it and I was told no, that she needed my coverage on my account. I told her I didn't have any work on my account and she said "Yes, but things will pick up and that account won't have coverage." So, basically nobody cares that I have no income as long as that account has a p.r.n. coverage, when it is supposed to be my full-time job.

To: It is all overflow - no name

[ In Reply To ..]
You are not the only person at LM who is in this situation. Not sure what to do. My BF thinks I should quit. But where to go?
No Work at Landmark - BeenThereMT
[ In Reply To ..]
Landmark has played this game with their workers for years. If you are not getting enough work on a regular basis to give you the income that you need, find another place to work. Obviously, you can still work for Landmark as a secondary job since there's no work anyway. Loyalty is a two-way street.

I worked for Landmark some time ago. Apparently things just never change. Anyone who works for LM deserves more respect than they are willing to give you.
BeenThereMT - Waiting for work.......
[ In Reply To ..]
I am going to have to get another job to supplement my income at LM, as I spend too much time without work. Do you have any idea why they treat their workers this way?
It's not just LM - Seems to be the norm
[ In Reply To ..]
MANY, MANY companies do this now, Landmark just happens to do it a little worse than the others. They want this full staff of MTs to be "on-call" basically. They make you believe that you will have full-time hours, when in all actuality, you are just sitting there fighting for the next job, along with only God knows how many MTs.

The point of this is that when a client sends a job to be done, there are 10 MTs waiting to jump and the job gets done in an instant. So, the client thinks "Oh, that Landmark, boy are they fast". Makes LM look like a great company, even though they are starving their dedicated MTs.
Seems to be the norm - Seems to me also
[ In Reply To ..]
that the dedicated MTs might get tired of it and leave.
As a current LM MT, it is a viscious cycle, they - CurrentLMMT
[ In Reply To ..]
overstaff to keep in TOT so they look good to client, but then MTs sit around with no work, so they quit, LM begs for help urgently for remaining MTs on account, then they overstaff the account again, and MTs sit with no work again and eventually quit, then they beg for help, then they overstaff, MTs quit, on and on.....why not just staff accordingly and keep your MTs working and happy is beyond me.

LM will not move MTs to another account because they WANT the accounts overstaffed, so just keep hiring and continuing the cycle above on and on....

The good thing for LM is that there is virtually no training and no QA, so they aren't worried about the expense of paying trainers or QA people to train/QA new MTs as out of work MTs leave. K does what is done there keeping overhead of employees down and profits up, unlike some other MTSOs. So, they constantly have new MTs who are unaware of the cycle above, who man the accounts, until they can't make it anymore and move on, and so on and so on and so on.

They don't care who gets the work, just so it gets done, so they GROSSLY OVERSTAFF. If you are lucky enough to get the work, you're good, if not, too bad for you.
CurrentLMMT - Sounds like
[ In Reply To ..]
this is not the right job for someone with a mortgage to pay and a family to support, especially if you are the head of household. Don't know, seems to me that they would get tired of people leaving so often.
It's all about turnaround time for these MTSOs - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Unsure what the problem is but today in this business.. - LMMT
[ In Reply To ..]
an MT I think is a fool to rely on having only 1 job. I have worked for LM for 3 years but also work for 2 other companies. I never run out of work, work when I want, and make a decent income. If you know LM does this, and we do know that, as well as the other companies also, it behooves us to have more than one iron in the fire.
LMMT - Violin
[ In Reply To ..]
I have come to the conclusion that I am going to have to get another job to supplement LM. I do not transcribe for a hobby or fun; I do it because I have a mortgage. Afraid the bank will not understand about this need to keep MTs on standby with no work. They just want their payment (as they should). So, starting Monday, I, too, will be looking for a second job. If it happens that I am not available when LM needs me, well, that's the way the Oreos crumble.
I do LM and have 2 other jobs-LM just not reliable alone-NM. - CurrentLMMT
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Ex-LM here - Me2
[ In Reply To ..]
I did the LM thing too and worked there 6 years. Same story for me, I started out making crazy money! I had asked to start as part-time, because even though I wasn't happy with the job I had, I didn't want to leave without making sure. Once I saw all of the money I was making with Landmark, about a month later, I asked if I could go full-time and both K and A seemed delighted and welcomed me aboard as full-time. If either had even half of a heart, they would have told me not to quit my current job and workloads drop off, etc., but neither even mentioned this. Six months later, NO WORK! I questioned it and was told the doctors were probably on vacation, which is odd, because it was an oncology account and I know every doctor can't just leave and have these poor people with no chemo or radiation! I kept questioning and never was told the problem, I was just given a secondary account. The secondary was not nearly as good as the primary that I had left a job for, but it helped me get by. Soon though, that account just dwindled to nothing as well.

Finally, I gave up asking for new accounts, got another job and just did what I could with LM. I never called in if I couldn't work and they never questioned this and this went on for years. I barely had work, I didn't ask about it and they didn't ask about me.

Then, one day I went to log in and I was locked out. I emailed K and she said I had taken off the day before without permission, so I was fired! I told her I ALWAYS took off without permission, that for the past 5 years my work was few and far between and I only worked when it was available. Her response was...."No, there has always been plenty of work on your account. Nobody else has a problem getting the work." I'm not even sure where that came from! Anyway, I was canned after many years being there.

Landmark - formerlandmarkMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Has anyone else applied for unemployment after being laid off from Landmark over the past few weeks . . . just wondering?

formerlandmarkMT - Wondering

[ In Reply To ..]
Why were you laid off? How long had you worked for them?

Similar Messages:

Work On The Landmark Oncology Account?
Apr 12, 2012

I had a message on my voicemail last night from Landmark offering me a job on their Oncology account. Is anyone currently working on this account, if so, has there been plenty of work, or have you been running out? I have noticed quite a few post lately about them running out of work. Just want to know what I am getting into before I return their call. Thanks so much! ...

What's The Word On Landmark Oncology Accts
Apr 05, 2012

I see they are advertising for oncology but thought I read recently there was no work. Anyone currently work there that can shed some light on the subject? ...

Landmark/Bayscribe
Nov 12, 2009

Been with LM for quite a while.  Work used to be plentiful but now has been drying up over the past month.  Anyone else on their Bayscribe platform having the same problem? Notice that they are doing SR and wondering if some of account is being sent in that direction?? Please feel free to send private e-mail.  ...

Landmark Bayscribe
Jan 27, 2011

Quick question with Bayscribe. On the manager's end, can routing jobs be set up for each individual MT without our knowledge?  TIA ...

KS ONCOLOGY ACCOUNT
Feb 12, 2014

Yep, that KS account is gone! ...

TTS New Oncology Account
Jan 26, 2015

Hello...Can someone at least tell me what state this new oncology account is in? I fear it may be from a rather large state, close to water, and wonder if my friend's work is going to be siphoned to TTS. Tnx! ...

Oncology Account At TTS
Apr 15, 2015

Just wondering if there are any MTs out there who are working on this account for TTS.  Are you doing okay with production?  How are the dictators?  Interested in anything you care to share.  Please don't start the general TTS bashing/defending on this thread.  I am only interested in answers to my questions above and information about the account from MTs working on it.  Thanks in advance.  ...

Bayscribe Program And Landmark
Nov 20, 2009

Okay out there, give me some idea about how good this platform and or company are and do not tell me to check the archives, etc.  Can't we all just get along and help each other out?  TIA for input ...

Transtech - The New Oncology Account?
Aug 15, 2010

Just curious how the new oncology account is going at Transtech that started this past week or so.  I worked on this account for the previous service and cannot imagine the work being done with voice rec.  This large facility was loaded with terrible dictators, highly specialized terminology, and individual physicians with their own preferred specifications, let alone the account had detailed and constantly changing specs.  ...

TransTech (oncology Account(s)
Aug 10, 2011

Could anyone who works on the oncology account(s) at TT please share their experience.  Is there enough work?  How are you treated?  Is their platform(s) for both straight transcription and VR good enough to produce the required lines count(s)?  I would appreciate hearing from you.  Thank you. ...

MDIT For The Job(s) On The Oncology Account
Nov 21, 2011

If you applied at MDIT for the job(s) on the oncology account last week, have you heard back?  I did apply and haven't heard back.  I would assume they have been inundated with applicants.  Thanks for sharing. ...

TransTech Big Oncology Account
Jul 23, 2013

I have never seen so many IDIOT , native English speaking, dictators in one group before.  Never mind all the E4L (skip 2nd language , these ar 4th at best) dictators who mumble and muddle through.  DRIVES ME INSANE. Never mind it is supposedly oncology. .  well........ the greatest majority of the reports are acute care notes Never mind the Fluency platform..  It is right down there with Meditech and even worse than the old WP51 used to be.  Like rates aren't l ...

Keystrokes Oncology Account
Feb 07, 2014

Has anyone been notified this week that the oncology account at Keystrokes will no longer have any work because the physicians on that account will now be doing their own transcription using Dragon? ...

Landmark/Bayscribe Waiting List
Jun 27, 2013

Just curious if any of you who were placed on the waiting list because of the Bayscribe account that was pulled a couple months ago have actually gotten back to Bayscribe yet? I kept asking and asking and was told to be patient, IT was working on it. First K said it would be just a few weeks, but then as time keeps going by..... I was working on the EditScript account she had, but got discouraged because it was about 95% ESL and I just couldn't make any headway with it. ...

Any Thought On Bayscribe/RecordsOne's Other Partners - Landmark Is One.
Sep 10, 2014

Looking at their home page, they seem to be promoting VR as well.  My memory is that Landmark has a (relatively) good reputation. I don't particularly recognize their other transcription partner, DB Transcription.  They also have a coding partner.  http://www.recordsone.com/partners/ Thoughts anyone? (I only got around to checking it out last night).   ...

Preferred Transcription In Pennsylvania Oncology Account?
Oct 03, 2011

Has anyone worked for Preferred on an oncology account?  If so, could you share your experience, please.  Looking for info on quantity of work, platform, ESL dicatators.  Is the account both straight and VR?  Flexible schedule?  Do they pay for spaces?  Thanks for your help. ...

Landmark Is Hiring!
Feb 12, 2013

I work for LM, acute care, Escription account and I have NO WORK!  They have an ad on the job board that they are hiring?  This is CRAZINESS!  I have emailed K and asked to perhaps be moved to another account and no response.  I was thinking of sending my resume to them, like actually applying for the jobs they have posted.  Do you think they would even see the resume?  I swear, the frustrations! ...

Landmark Hiring Again
Aug 08, 2013

Why is this company always hiring.  Do they overstaff, make the MTs wait for work and then all the MTs quit or something?  I am interested, any info --thanks ...

Landmark Hiring
Sep 02, 2013

I have worked for Landmark for almost 2 years.  It was good at first but for about 6 months now I have very little work.  I keep being told that it should pick up, lots of vacations, someone had surgery, etc., but really all of my bills are behind at this point and I have to move on.  I go to look for a job and see that Landmark is hiring for 3 different accounts on the job seekers board.  I emailed K**** and asked her if she could move me over to one of those accounts and I ...

Is Landmark Still Hiring??
Jul 25, 2014

I used to see ads from them here quite frequently but haven't in a while. Was curious to know if they were still accepting resumes. ...

Command Health - Interview With Them Today For An SR Oncology Account
Jan 08, 2014

I have an interview with them today for an SR Oncology account. Can anyone tell me how their SR platform is? ...

Bayscribe Account?
Feb 02, 2014

Can anyone tell me if there is always enough work on the Bayscribe accounts being advertised? And if there is any plan for a change from straight typing to VR by those accounts? ...

Unbelievable-Landmark Hiring????????
Sep 16, 2011

I cannot believe my eyes that Landmark is hiring, especially on Ex-Text.  Those of us that work on that platform have been out of work all week (see below posts) and it looks like the owner is going on another hiring frenzy, which happens every few months.  Proceed with caution! ...

Now I'm Excited!! I Saw That Landmark Is Now Hiring
Dec 20, 2011

I have heard so many awesome things and am just very glad they accept Vista.  I am so praying now.  May not be able to give my kids gifts for Christmas, but a new job would help! ...

Landmark Is Hiring, Yet Here I Sit With No Work
Mar 25, 2013

Beware ...

Anyone Who Works On A Bayscribe Account
Nov 01, 2012

I am curious if your account is going to continue with Bayscribe with Nuance taking over.  I know someone who works for one of these accounts and she tells me she has not received any emails regarding switching platforms, etc.  She also only does straight typing, no VR at all.  ...

Nuance Bayscribe Account?
Jan 23, 2014

Does anyone here work on the Bayscribe acct for Nuance? Curious about pay and if there is enough work for part-time. ...

One Landmark Account Out Of Work...
Feb 05, 2013

So it is claimed the account is slow what they really need to say is we overhired for this account and it is in turnaround and we're happy but you all have to fight to meet your line counts. That has been the story for the last week and this week is looking no different. So glad this is only part time for me!! If you're on that account full time I feel sorry for you! ...

Landmark Escription Account?
Mar 12, 2013

Anyone out there work on a Landmark escription account? Can you tell me what your experience is like...enough work, CPL? I was thinking of applying, but want to know if it's worth my time. TIA. ...

Losing Account-Landmark
Jun 06, 2014

Anyone else suffering from this at Landmark?  Worked for company for almost 10 years as an employee.  Now all of a sudden they lost an account, have no work available to compensate for it.  Notified us by an email which I personally never received.  Asked if I wanted to be put on a waiting list for new work.  Are you serious?  I'm just baffled that they have gone to treating their MT's this way as they have been nothing but great to work for in the past. ...