A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Transcription America - legitimate company - Sharon

Posted: Sep 10, 2010

I had applied to transcriptionamerica.com. I received an email back from a Nancy Lawson, National recruiter asking me to transcribe a sample file. I did this and when I tried to email it back to the address that she sent it from, I keep getting a failed delivery notice saying that the person's inbox is full. Does anyone know if this is a legitimate company? And if so, do you know any other way that I can get in touch with them to email this sample back to them? Thank you so much!

Cannot find enough concrete information on them, but they appear to be questionable - Good Luck

[ In Reply To ..]

I hope I have the same company.  When I go to www dot transcriptionamerica dot com, it redirects me to a company called “Way With Words” and there is no written contact information (address, phone, or Email).   Does this happen with you also?  If not, can you give any more information about them or their website?  

I’m sorry, but this sounds a little bit like a “You did great on the test, but did not pass.  Would you like to take our courses and try again?” scam. 

Below is an ad I found on yahoo.

"We provide precise medical transcription of voice files that doctors dictate for hospitals, clinics and doctor offices.

We also conduct our own training program that prepares individuals for the medical transcription profession. This training is done online in the comfort of your own home. A personal trainer is provided to guide individuals in the training program through a Live Chat environment.

As a recruiter for this national transcription service, I am seeking full-and part-time, home-based medical transcriptionists. We are committed to providing a work environment where medical transcriptionists can grow and be respected for the professionals they are.

We are extending to you a Job Interview.

If you are not yet qualified, we'll provide tuition FREE training and a personal trainer that you'll need to become qualified. Once you meet our criteria, which will be defined for you before you begin, you will be certified by us as an accomplished medical transcriptionist and can begin to work for us. There are no fees.

The pay is good. After completing the training program, people seem to do quite well and as you get more experience, people seem to earn $1,000 to $2,000 a month working about 20-30 hours a week. Some make $3,000-$4,000 a month, full-time 40-48 hours a week (This does not happen overnight). If you want to work more, you'll earn more. If you want to work less, you'll earn less. The choice is yours.

We will provide to you a great working environment where you can make a difference. Our medical transcriptionists start entry level and are eligible for raises. Whether or not you have experience, you can find rewarding work as a medical transcriptionist.

If you are interest in an interview please apply today

We are looking forward to working with you.

Thank you!

Nancy Lawson
National Recruiter

Our clients have come from the following backgrounds: part-time, receptionist, medical assistant, medical transcription, sales, driver, customer service, administrative assistant, manager, data entry, healthcare, retail, dental assistant, marketing, medical receptionist, part time, customer service representative, medical billing, clerical, executive assistant, call center, entry level, dental, office assistant, full time, administrative, cashier, part-time job, analyst, health care paralegal, medical, store manager, security, office manager, college, payroll.

The EXACT same ad is running under the company name of “SOMT” and a “Nancy Long” as the National Recruiter.   

I see no reason why you cannot wait until Monday when they clean out their Email log.  You can try to resend the test then.  I would bet that they will not turn anyone down.  

Good Luck

There is a typo in the ad - use your own judgment - Anonymous

[ In Reply To ..]
Also, the "client list" looks goofy.

Trans Am in disguise - hw

[ In Reply To ..]
They advertised for employment in my area too. I typed in Transcription America scam and it appears they are Trans Am in disguise, so apparently a scam and just using a different name.

We all know that when it is too good to be true ...... - Billo

[ In Reply To ..]
We all know that when it is too good to be true ...... it is!!! These people are takinh advantage of the needs of the unemployed to "offer" training but just keep in mind my best advice to confront this situations: "I need money! I don't need to spend it, so ...... get me a job!".

Trans-America Nancy Lawson - Angel

[ In Reply To ..]
I applied for a position with them as well. I submitted my test sample and passed. I just received an email telling me that they would like for mw to move onto the next step. Here is the email address that Nancy Lawson is using. I would really like to know if this is legitimate as well; for I am unemployed and have to small children. The first response that I received from them the woman's name was Nancy Long; I am begining to think this is a scam. They found me on Job.com and Nancy Lawson is asking where did I find them. jobinterview1@transcription-america.com

Similar Messages:

Transcription America Legitimate Company?
Jul 12, 2010

Is Transcription America (email address Job Interview - Job Network [jobinterview@transcription-america.com), regional recruiter Kimberly Carson, a legitimate online medical transcription company? ...

Nuance Transcription Services Is A Legitimate Company?
Jul 21, 2011

Does anyone out there know if Nuance (out of Massachusetts) is a legitimate company? ...

Scams & Legitimate Company?
Feb 10, 2014

It is really sad that this business has gotten to the point where we have to question every company who posts and ad out here.  I remember when we could trust about anything put on this board in the job seekers board, now I am afraid to even apply to any of them because there are so many different names out there, this recruiter hiring for this company, another company hiring under a different name and then those who are just outright scams.  How do you know who to trust anymore when it comes ...

Trans Corp Medical Coding Inc-Is This A Legitimate Company?
Aug 11, 2010

I cannot find anything on this company when I Google.  Anyone have any info? ...

DTS America Company Meetings Today?
Apr 12, 2011

I heard through the grapevine that there are mandatory company meetings at DTS America today, but haven't gotten any email regarding this.  Is this bad for me not knowing or bad for the ones that do?  During a company buyout it is always fearful to get an email with a company meeting because, from what I have heard in the past, that is when you get the layoff.  Any info appreciated! ...

Transcription-America.com
Oct 11, 2010

Can anyone tell me about the reputation of Transcription-America.com? They offer a training program if you buy their books for $60, and then their software equipment (foot pedal, software CD, etc.) for $495.  They claim everything else is free. ...

Transcription-America
Jan 12, 2011

Anybody ever hear of Transcription-America?  Is it right to pay $515.00 for "required software" just to get a job? ...

Does Anybody Know Anything About America's Pride Transcription
Jul 05, 2012

Is it voice rec or straight typing?  Do they have benefits? ...

Is This Term Legitimate One??
May 13, 2010

This is the description of the gestational history of a child with possible seizures. The pregnancy was complicated by incompetent cervix which required a cerclage and "breathing" medication" pronounced breathing as in to "take a deep "breath" with the ing on the end.  Is this a correct term? Tried searching it and either get nothing at all or meds related to asthma, copd, etc. ...

Integrity HD Legitimate
Feb 26, 2014

I am wondering if there is anyone else who was recently hired by Integrity HD and if they are legitimate? ...

Paramidline - Legitimate Term?
Apr 20, 2011

I know what the doc means, but cannot find this term in any of my word books and online hits are sketchy. Thanks in advance! ...

A Legitimate Field Of Employment..,
Sep 20, 2011

Is this a legitimate field of study for a new career in medical language or just another school trying to get money?  I am a medical transcriptionist who stopped working to home school my two children.  I just do not want to waste my time as I really do not have it to waste.  I am trying to looking at various options,  currently, medical coding is winning out, but I had seen this on facebook and was wondering what your opinions were on this 'program'.  I know ...

Are Posts On MT School Forums All Legitimate?
May 06, 2010

This might be a foolish question, but are all the posts on MT school forums for real?  I won't mention the school, but it seems that after several complaints about MT work, there's a sudden rush of "look how much money I'm making" posts.  Seems a little too good to be true.  Are there really people out there pulling in some good funds, or is this more like advertising for the school/MT industry? ...

Nuance, Legitimate Bonus Plan??? Please Read.
Jan 03, 2012

My opinion,  having been in the industry for over 30 years and after reading a few posts on this subject below. For years a good deal of MTSO's including Webmedx had in place bonus or incentive plans based on production ONLY. Such a plan most likely helped Webmedx win "employer of the year" for years. Employees would go the extra mile even working through breaks to achieve higher line counts while at the same time the newer employees could look forward to gaining more experience and e ...

Q.E.D. Transcription. Anyone Know Anything About This Company?
Dec 17, 2009

Thanks ...

DSG Transcription Company
Jul 03, 2010

If anyone has worked or is currently working for DSG transcription, I would appreciate the experience you have had working with them. Thank you. ...

JLG Transcription Company
Jun 22, 2011

Can someone please give me an update on JLG Transcription.  The only references I found were from 2009.  I wondered if anyone has any updated information.  I do not want to make a big change to something that may not be a good move.  I support myself so I really have to know something concrete.  Thank you.  ...

My Own Transcription Company.
Feb 17, 2011

After 10+ years of typing numerous specialties, I am interested in running my own transcription business.  Do you have any suggestions on where/how to get work?  Thanks in advance! ...

Breitner Transcription - Anyone Know About This Company
Oct 27, 2009

Does anyone know about this company - pay record, work, accounts, etc.   ...

ANP Transcription - Info On This Company?
Jul 28, 2010

Anybody have info on this company?  I took sample test, a verbatim lecture.  Wondering about quality of company. ...

SRVMT Transcription Company
Jan 11, 2011

Has anyone heard or dealt with SRVMT Medical Transcription Service.  I was offered a job with them and am curious about the company.  It sounds like it is a new company. ...

U-Scribe Transcription Company
Apr 28, 2011

I received a call today from a recruiter at U-Scribe in response to a resume I must have sent in.  I have done some Google research as well as searched through this forum.  There's not much to be said about this company except that they are hiring.  The gentleman I spoke with today told me they are very backlogged.  He said a majority of their clients are from England, Ireland and Scotland.  This man was English.  He sent me two files to transcribe and return, ...

Keystrokes Transcription Really Is A Bad Company
Aug 30, 2011

They just informed their employees that effective immediately they were changing the pay dates from the 3rd to the 17th. This when our payday is the first so now it is going to be late. Way to go Keystrokes! ...

Best Transcription Company To Work For
Oct 16, 2013

Hey everyone!  In any of your opinions, what is the best transcription company to work for?  Any info on how they get paid, etc, would be appreciated. ...

OSI Transcription Is Owned By Another Company
Dec 20, 2013

Can someone tell me if OSI Transcription is owned by another company (Like Nuance or Precyse)  or are they on their own?  Any info on this company?? ...

Volunteer Transcription - Good Or Bad About This Company?
Jul 01, 2010

I have an opportunity to test and be hired by them but it seems it is taking them so long to get back to me for the next step.  Anyone else having this trouble.  Anyone know anything good or bad about this company? ...

Cobb Transcription - Anyone Has Heard Of This Company?
Apr 28, 2010

Wondering if anyone has heard of this company? Either good or bad is appreciated. Thanks! ...

Summit Transcription - Small Company. Anyone
Jul 27, 2010

work there?  I am always hesitant about small companies having enough work.  They seem nice. ...

Terra Nova Transcription Is The Only Company
Aug 23, 2010

... I have ever worked for where TOP MANAGEMENT will get on and type.  They don't take work away from the MTs but they put their money where their mouth is instead of whining, begging and threatening people to work while they file their nails.  ...

Does Anyone Know How To Find Out What Company VA Transcription Is Awarded To? Sm
Aug 30, 2010

A while ago I believe there was a discussion on the board about the VA's and someone posted a link to the page where it might list which companies are bidding on or were awarded which VA VISN packages.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  TIA ...