A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Scams & legitimate company? - longtimemt

Posted: Feb 10, 2014

It is really sad that this business has gotten to the point where we have to question every company who posts and ad out here.  I remember when we could trust about anything put on this board in the job seekers board, now I am afraid to even apply to any of them because there are so many different names out there, this recruiter hiring for this company, another company hiring under a different name and then those who are just outright scams.  How do you know who to trust anymore when it comes to being a legitimate company?

scams - sib

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree. can't trust anyone anymore. there were 4 scams jobs in the past 2 weeks. I have been out of work for almost 3 months. I have no experience in acute care. I keep looking for doctor's office/clinic notes and the only ones that come up are these scams. whatever happened to all of the companies that were there a few years ago?

All of the companies that were there a few years ago - were likely bought up by the big 2. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

big 2 soon to be big 1 - sib

[ In Reply To ..]
one of the two in deep trouble. by the end of the year they will be gone.
Aren't they both in trouble? - MT2
[ In Reply To ..]
It seems like they are both in trouble - can't find anyone to work for them. I would think it might be a good time for small companies to start up again. Wishful thinking maybe!
yeah - sib
[ In Reply To ..]
but one of them is in a lot more trouble (financial) than the other one.
Can you give a source for this info? (sm) - Rose
[ In Reply To ..]
If the two big ones are failing, it may be time for a few of us to get out power back after they go under. I'm noticing job openings for scribes and HIM clerks who "check medical records for accuracy and completeness". These positions pay from about $13 to $16 per hour. I'm hoping the time has come for these bean counters to realize that editors are needed. I still think scribes are a ridiculous idea. Patient's cannot be comfortable with an extra person sitting in the room while they discuss their possible STD. Following the doctors around also sounds ridiculous. Doctors also need some privacy from the patient to dictate sensitive data. I just don't see Scribes working in the long run.
scribes - SM
[ In Reply To ..]
Scribes have been around forEVER. The origins of medical transcription is in scribes. So your assumption that they won't work in the long run is misplaced, IMO.

What is the difference if the doctor has a nurse in the room when you discuss your STD? If people become accustomed to scribes doing their jobs, they will accept them as part of the confidential medical team. If they are insistent upon 1:1 with the doctor, that can always be requested and granted.

And very few places are paying $16 for a scribe. In the northeast, they get about $10-12, further west (still in the NE) they are getting $8-10.

EPIC is one of the major job killers and they will be killing accounts with the big 2 as well. Surely you didn't think that this crunch we're feeling was only being felt by the MT.

The big 2 are too corporate. Much of the excessive debt that M*modal has comes from their corporate issues (and buying out the debts of other companies). They're restructuring but I surely would not count them out of the game. Nuance is having an exodus of workers so they are not meeting contractural agreements. Clients will only tolerate that so long before they look for another solution.

Rather than having the big 2 create a positive trickle down effect, look for more hospitals and clinics to turn to programs like EPIC to replace their HIM dollars.
link to article - sib
[ In Reply To ..]
copy and past below into browser. there was another article stating they are $750 million in debt, but I can't find it right now.

https://www.moodys.com/research/Moodys-downgrades-MModal-ratings-Corporate-Family-to-Caa1-outlook-negative--PR_283252?WT.mc_id=NLTITLE_YYYYMMDD_PR_283252
A very interesting link. Thanks. NmNm - Oldie
[ In Reply To ..]
Xx
Big 2 soon to be 1 - Nick
[ In Reply To ..]
From your lips to God's ears, as they say in Yiddish. I wonder when the laws governing monopoly are going to kick in? Soon, please.

Similar Messages:

Transcription America Legitimate Company?
Jul 12, 2010

Is Transcription America (email address Job Interview - Job Network [jobinterview@transcription-america.com), regional recruiter Kimberly Carson, a legitimate online medical transcription company? ...

Transcription America - Legitimate Company
Sep 10, 2010

I had applied to transcriptionamerica.com. I received an email back from a Nancy Lawson, National recruiter asking me to transcribe a sample file. I did this and when I tried to email it back to the address that she sent it from, I keep getting a failed delivery notice saying that the person's inbox is full. Does anyone know if this is a legitimate company? And if so, do you know any other way that I can get in touch with them to email this sample back to them? Thank you so much! ...

Nuance Transcription Services Is A Legitimate Company?
Jul 21, 2011

Does anyone out there know if Nuance (out of Massachusetts) is a legitimate company? ...

Trans Corp Medical Coding Inc-Is This A Legitimate Company?
Aug 11, 2010

I cannot find anything on this company when I Google.  Anyone have any info? ...

DIT - SCAMS
Nov 01, 2010

I would like to know why DIT has access to this site.  There are a lot of transcriptionists out there, myself include, who have been taken advantage of.  I read all of the warnings, but I was so desperate to get a job, that I ingored the warnings about not working for them.  I worked 3+ months and have only been paid for 2 weeks of working day and night to do the best jpb that I could do.  Is there some way that they can be blocked from MT Stars?  There is apparently no recourse for me, exc ...

Job Scams
Sep 07, 2012

Be aware of Mommy Jobs Online. Just checked out their website and they want money to find you a job, up to $150. I had one that kept emailing me about buying a franchise. They titled the email "Your Resume" so I thought wow here's a job offer from someone. Sound too good to be true, probably is. My true belief is you should never have to pay for a job. I had an offer once that wanted $600 for software to be able to work for them. It's a joke. Just a little warning to all of us. ...

Why All The Scams Lately? Any Ideas?
Feb 09, 2014

Its getting sickening. ...

Scams Are Everywhere, Please Research And Think Very
Feb 12, 2014

That can't be posted or emphasized enough.  Whatever job posting seems good, research it and double check everything before sending a resume with all your personal information. Do NOT EVER accept any checks  (especially written for large sums)  from any companies to purchase anything -  that should be nothing but common sense.  People, you're broke now, and desperate for a job, but how much more broke are you going to be if you fall for these types of iden ...

Beware. The Other MT Job Site Has 2 Ads That Are Probably Scams.
May 23, 2014

One offers $1.30 per line, which should be your first clue this is a scam.  THe other is an ad for St Judes that gives a yahoo addy to reply to.  Really???  Like St Jude would not have their own website to apply for jobs. ...

Medical Transcription Jobs Scams?
May 18, 2013

Does anyone know of medical transcription jobs scams?   Offering jobs, no contracts, HIPPA or other documentation required or at least not initially.....want SS# but does not need a 1099 signed?  six hour time difference...just checking if anyone knows or has experienced? ...

Is This Term Legitimate One??
May 13, 2010

This is the description of the gestational history of a child with possible seizures. The pregnancy was complicated by incompetent cervix which required a cerclage and "breathing" medication" pronounced breathing as in to "take a deep "breath" with the ing on the end.  Is this a correct term? Tried searching it and either get nothing at all or meds related to asthma, copd, etc. ...

Integrity HD Legitimate
Feb 26, 2014

I am wondering if there is anyone else who was recently hired by Integrity HD and if they are legitimate? ...

Paramidline - Legitimate Term?
Apr 20, 2011

I know what the doc means, but cannot find this term in any of my word books and online hits are sketchy. Thanks in advance! ...

A Legitimate Field Of Employment..,
Sep 20, 2011

Is this a legitimate field of study for a new career in medical language or just another school trying to get money?  I am a medical transcriptionist who stopped working to home school my two children.  I just do not want to waste my time as I really do not have it to waste.  I am trying to looking at various options,  currently, medical coding is winning out, but I had seen this on facebook and was wondering what your opinions were on this 'program'.  I know ...

Are Posts On MT School Forums All Legitimate?
May 06, 2010

This might be a foolish question, but are all the posts on MT school forums for real?  I won't mention the school, but it seems that after several complaints about MT work, there's a sudden rush of "look how much money I'm making" posts.  Seems a little too good to be true.  Are there really people out there pulling in some good funds, or is this more like advertising for the school/MT industry? ...

Nuance, Legitimate Bonus Plan??? Please Read.
Jan 03, 2012

My opinion,  having been in the industry for over 30 years and after reading a few posts on this subject below. For years a good deal of MTSO's including Webmedx had in place bonus or incentive plans based on production ONLY. Such a plan most likely helped Webmedx win "employer of the year" for years. Employees would go the extra mile even working through breaks to achieve higher line counts while at the same time the newer employees could look forward to gaining more experience and e ...

At Your Company, Are Your Company-observed Holidays Paid By The Company?
Oct 07, 2014

I am working at a company who observes certain holidays and we are required to work 4 of them, but this is the first company I have ever worked where I have to use my PTO on the holiday I am supposed to be off.  Does your company do the same?     Thank you! :) ...

Can Someone Suggest A Company That Hires IC? I Can't Work For A Company That Offers Insurance.
Feb 17, 2014

Xx ...

I Want To Find A Different Company, But My Fear Is That MQ Will Only Swallow That Company
Jul 15, 2011

up and I'd be back at square one, making no more than their "maximums."  I wonder, are this new maximum pay going to stay the same (or lower)?  I mean, in 5 or 10 years (if we are still here) will it be the same?  Or less?  I think so. ...

On Company Board, Under Post You Quit A Company
Sep 11, 2011

what's going on? ...

What Would Be An Ideal Company? I Would Like To Build That Company.
Mar 31, 2010

We are a pretty big company, and we think we know what transcriptionists want, but it doesn't hurt to ask.  There are a lot of top people in our industry that are finding themselves without jobs, often without notice, both managers and transcriptionists.  I think that the tide is turning, and that we need to make sure that we treat our people right, so if you could take a few minutes and answer this, maybe we can make a difference.  I am asking for real answers, ones that ar ...

I Wanted To Add A Company To The Bad Company List And
Apr 21, 2012

one to stay away from.  Integrity.  They test you, claim they are checking your references and then when you email asking if they got hold of the references, crickets.  Not a word from them.  This has been a few weeks, too.  If they are this rude just during the recruiting process, I hate to think what working for them would be like. ...

MDOfficeManager (company) - Anyone Have Information On This Company?
Aug 31, 2014

Has anyone heard of a company called MDOfficeManager?  I was interested but I do not like the way they require SSN and other personal information up front before allowing the applicant to proceed with other parts of the application, including online tests.  I have heard there are fake websites for job applications.  Thanks. ...

Nuance... Bad Company Or Worst Company Ever.
May 15, 2015

Some days are more aggravating than others with this company.   ...

How Do I Look Up A Company On The Company Board?
Nov 09, 2009

I'm trying to do research on some companies before applying.  Can anyone tell me how to do this or if it is possible to do this yet on MTStars?  Also if you know of other web sites that are good for this type of research, that would be helpful as well. ...

Looking For A VR Company
Nov 02, 2009

I have never done straight typing, my first MT job was with VR (even though I didn't even know they had stuff like that, LOL) now I love it and I am looking for some VR companies that are good to work for. If anyone could point me in the direction of some companies.  Thanks so much ahead of time ...

Looking For A Company With No ASR And All USA
Nov 18, 2009

I have over 30 years in this field and it seems that a lot of companies are either cutting the MT's pay to edit on ASR and/or are offshoring work out to India, Pakistan, Philippines, etc.  I don't believe in sending our jobs overseas, and I've also given ASR at whirl (a long whirl lol) and I still couldn't increase my lines per hour to compensate for the cut in pay that I had to take by doing ASR.  So what I'm looking for is a company that does not do ASR, do ...

MT #1 Company
Feb 04, 2010

Im wondering, MQ is supposed to be the #1 MT company, biggest, Spheris is supposed to be #2, the other company I also work for is #4...what company is the #3?  Does anyone know? ...

MD-IT - Anything About This Company?
Mar 16, 2010

Has anyone ever heard anything about this company?  I have tried a search, but have come up with nothing.  I have job posting automatically sent to my email for at home transcriptionists and they always seem to be hiring.  Anything all will be helpful. ...

Any Company Use IME
Apr 09, 2010

Does anyone know of any companies hiring that use IME's?  ...