A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Terra Nova Transcription is the only company - sm

Posted: Aug 23, 2010

... I have ever worked for where TOP MANAGEMENT will get on and type.  They don't take work away from the MTs but they put their money where their mouth is instead of whining, begging and threatening people to work while they file their nails. 

Amphion does too - ex-amphion

[ In Reply To ..]
although there is that little thing about "mandatory" overtime. But they do work when needed.

Axolotl does too - Ax MT

[ In Reply To ..]
That's what I love about them. They are a great company to work for and I am so fortunate to be part of the team.

Never worked for Amphion or Axolotl so it's a first for me - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Terra Nova etc - Roma

[ In Reply To ..]
Can you tell me what types of software I would need besides maybe Word? I have Word 2003, and have been practicing with Express Scribe, but I do not have money to buy any types of platforms right now.

Thanks a lot

Roma, you should never have to purchase software. A legit company - will provide you with that.

[ In Reply To ..]
and don't let anyone tell you anything differently. Seriously. I have never paid a dime in my life to work, that's just backwards.

With one caveat... - Happy MT Robin

[ In Reply To ..]
Companies don't always provide a good expander program. Some of the platforms have expanders built in that you have to build up when you start, but others rely on your own copy. That's the only thing I have ever purchased, software wise. The expander and a good electronic medical dictionary.
What electronic medical dictionary do you use? - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Which one do you use and where did you purchase it? I would definitely be interested in one of those. TIA! :)
Stedman's, Office Depot or Best Buy or order online - Not HappyMTRobyn (NM)
[ In Reply To ..]
x

Terra Nova installs Dictaphone software on your PC - No charge (nm)

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Thanks to all of you - Roma

[ In Reply To ..]
I just ordered this one off Ebay from a young girl near me, who had paid 1500 to take a medical transcription course, then decided she did not have time for it. In the past when I worked I had Taber's and Dorlands.

http://www.stedmans.com/product.cfm/528

Stedman's Electronic Medical Dictionary, v7.0 for Windows

But now I think maybe I should have the spell checking one as well. Thanks again to all

Similar Messages:

Terra Nova - Anything About The Above Company?
Dec 17, 2014

Does anyone know anything about the above company? I can't seem to find any info. They want to see my resume. I was about to send it and my gut feeling told me to back off. ...

Has Anyone Heard Of Terra Nova Company?
Oct 02, 2014

Got an email from them after posting my resume.... I have never heard of this company (I did Google, it seems to be a legit company). Can anyone tell me anything about this company before I respond? I am looking for PT employee status--have a feeling they want IC...not sure though. Thanks in Advance for any advice !! ...

Terra Nova Transcription
Aug 22, 2012

Hi everyone:)  Over 500 people have looked at my message about Terra Nova, but no one has come forward to tell me anything about the company.  There has to be someone who has heard about it.  Thanks! ...

Info On Terra Nova Transcription From Anyone? 
Jan 18, 2010

Any info on Terra Nova Transcription from anyone?  I have went to their site, but there really isn't that much information as far as benefits et cetera go.  If there is anyone out there who has anything to say about this company, I would appreciate hearing from you.  Thank you! ...

Anyone Have Info On Terra Nova Transcription?
Aug 19, 2010

Just wondering if anyone has recent info on Terra Nova Transcription.  Really appreciate any info.  TIA ...

Terra Nova Transcription Of Canada
Aug 17, 2012

Has anyone worked for, or heard of, Terra Nova Transcription in Canada and if so, can you tell me something about them.  Thank you. ...

Anyone Employed By Terra Nova Transcription Out Of Canada?
Mar 07, 2013

Is anybody else on MT Stars employed by Terra Nova transcription out of Canada?  I have worked for  them for a little over a year and am wondering what others are thinking about the drastic changes taking place.  Maybe it is just my account, I don;t know, but am interested in what others may be seeing and thinking.  It just comes out of the blue with no discussion or information at all. ...

Does Terra Nova Use Dictaphone?
Oct 08, 2014

Xx ...

Line Rate For Terra Nova
Sep 15, 2010

Anyone know the line rate for Terra Nova and how it is working for them?  I hear they use Extext, and i'm already very familiar with that platform.  Any info is great! thanks in advance ...

Terra Nova, No Jobs Available On My Account Tonight
Nov 26, 2012

Hi:  I am hoping that a Terra Nova MT sees this note and can help me out.  I am on a very busy account, but tonight I have only gotten 1 job, and I hope someone answers this so I am not so upset.  This account has never, ever run out of work, and it makes me concerned.  Maybe it is just the season? Thanks:) ...

Current Information On Terra Nova Out Of Canada
Jun 26, 2015

Wondering if anyone has more current information on Terra Nova out of Canada. I have been approached and asked to test. Looking to make a new but trying to be careful not to jump from the frying pan into the fire.  Details are appreciated. TIA!! ...

Terre Nova
Oct 20, 2009

I am sure that is has been asked many times before, but I can't find the archives so, does anyone have any comments on this company?  I appreciate your input.  Thanks, Cathy ...

S/l Terra Fossa
Feb 09, 2013

Help... in a report.. dont want to get slammed by QA.. s/l terra fossa and the MD is talking about the cranial sinus areas ...

Q.E.D. Transcription. Anyone Know Anything About This Company?
Dec 17, 2009

Thanks ...

DSG Transcription Company
Jul 03, 2010

If anyone has worked or is currently working for DSG transcription, I would appreciate the experience you have had working with them. Thank you. ...

JLG Transcription Company
Jun 22, 2011

Can someone please give me an update on JLG Transcription.  The only references I found were from 2009.  I wondered if anyone has any updated information.  I do not want to make a big change to something that may not be a good move.  I support myself so I really have to know something concrete.  Thank you.  ...

My Own Transcription Company.
Feb 17, 2011

After 10+ years of typing numerous specialties, I am interested in running my own transcription business.  Do you have any suggestions on where/how to get work?  Thanks in advance! ...

Breitner Transcription - Anyone Know About This Company
Oct 27, 2009

Does anyone know about this company - pay record, work, accounts, etc.   ...

ANP Transcription - Info On This Company?
Jul 28, 2010

Anybody have info on this company?  I took sample test, a verbatim lecture.  Wondering about quality of company. ...

SRVMT Transcription Company
Jan 11, 2011

Has anyone heard or dealt with SRVMT Medical Transcription Service.  I was offered a job with them and am curious about the company.  It sounds like it is a new company. ...

U-Scribe Transcription Company
Apr 28, 2011

I received a call today from a recruiter at U-Scribe in response to a resume I must have sent in.  I have done some Google research as well as searched through this forum.  There's not much to be said about this company except that they are hiring.  The gentleman I spoke with today told me they are very backlogged.  He said a majority of their clients are from England, Ireland and Scotland.  This man was English.  He sent me two files to transcribe and return, ...

Keystrokes Transcription Really Is A Bad Company
Aug 30, 2011

They just informed their employees that effective immediately they were changing the pay dates from the 3rd to the 17th. This when our payday is the first so now it is going to be late. Way to go Keystrokes! ...

Best Transcription Company To Work For
Oct 16, 2013

Hey everyone!  In any of your opinions, what is the best transcription company to work for?  Any info on how they get paid, etc, would be appreciated. ...

OSI Transcription Is Owned By Another Company
Dec 20, 2013

Can someone tell me if OSI Transcription is owned by another company (Like Nuance or Precyse)  or are they on their own?  Any info on this company?? ...

Volunteer Transcription - Good Or Bad About This Company?
Jul 01, 2010

I have an opportunity to test and be hired by them but it seems it is taking them so long to get back to me for the next step.  Anyone else having this trouble.  Anyone know anything good or bad about this company? ...

Cobb Transcription - Anyone Has Heard Of This Company?
Apr 28, 2010

Wondering if anyone has heard of this company? Either good or bad is appreciated. Thanks! ...

Transcription America Legitimate Company?
Jul 12, 2010

Is Transcription America (email address Job Interview - Job Network [jobinterview@transcription-america.com), regional recruiter Kimberly Carson, a legitimate online medical transcription company? ...

Summit Transcription - Small Company. Anyone
Jul 27, 2010

work there?  I am always hesitant about small companies having enough work.  They seem nice. ...

Does Anyone Know How To Find Out What Company VA Transcription Is Awarded To? Sm
Aug 30, 2010

A while ago I believe there was a discussion on the board about the VA's and someone posted a link to the page where it might list which companies are bidding on or were awarded which VA VISN packages.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  TIA ...

Transcription America - Legitimate Company
Sep 10, 2010

I had applied to transcriptionamerica.com. I received an email back from a Nancy Lawson, National recruiter asking me to transcribe a sample file. I did this and when I tried to email it back to the address that she sent it from, I keep getting a failed delivery notice saying that the person's inbox is full. Does anyone know if this is a legitimate company? And if so, do you know any other way that I can get in touch with them to email this sample back to them? Thank you so much! ...