A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Transcend is a company in crisis. I'd give my eye teeth for - someone to forward this infamous email.

Posted: Apr 22, 2010

nm

email - me

[ In Reply To ..]
I would hope that the top brass in the company would reconsider their appointment of this person to fill a retiree's shoes. At the very least, she has proven herself unprofessional with her email, and there were plenty of typos in it, too.

I am sure - RLee

[ In Reply To ..]
you are probably not the only one that would like to read that particular email, but unfortunately you never know who is at the receiving end on this board when you respond via email - it might come back to haunt them.

Company in crisis - Not an MBA

[ In Reply To ..]
I am not arguing about it being a company in crisis. What I would like to know (and I do not work for them) is HOW on earth did they get into this crisis? What are the components of the crisis? An ideas? And why would MDI merge with a company in crisis? This is fascinating stuff.

Here are the answers to your questions. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
How? GREED. Components? GREED AND POWER. Why would MDI merge? GREED AND FRIENDS WITH COO.

But they definitely are in a crisis.

Yet more questions - Still not an MBA

[ In Reply To ..]
Is it a financial crisis? Why didn't some of their grand pooh-bahs see this coming? And yes, I do agree, that they are GREEDY as h*ll.

my version - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
If you read the posts discussing it and put all of the bits together you pretty much have it all anyway.

In esssence:

Poor angry me, a salaried manager, who is sitting here at 1 a.m. TYPING of all lowly things because no one else on the team is trying to keep these reports in the stupidly low TAT that the hospitals have come to expect because the MTSOs tried to outdo each other with TAT promises (okay, that last part is my ad lib commentary). I can't believe how inconsiderate you all are. If you don't type all your lines I expect from you in a day (even though you make promises of time, not line quotas), then you jeopardize not only the account but my job. I'm a single mom and take work with me to family funerals for pete's sake, why don't you? If you give 250% to this company and your first born, then brownie points for you. If you give it your all, 100%, get off your butt you slacker. If you give 50% do us all a favor and quit since we have no legal grounds to fire you. Have a nice day.

lulz - sssdt

[ In Reply To ..]
While my office manager (at a small MTSO) is not that bad, she has said the exact same thing about expected lines even though we have no line quota, and that we're jeopardizing her job every time we put an extra space after a semicolon.

I feel badly for Transcend employees. I know how bad my office manager is, and this lady is obviously worse.

I can see big changes down the pike. - A lot sooner than we thought.

[ In Reply To ..]
I think after this email debacle they are going to state that we have to have strict, set 8-hour schedules from this point on. I also think they are going to "fix us" by overhiring on all these accounts so she doesn't have to worry about typing at 1:00 a.m. anymore.

But if all this does happen, I hope they consider that if we have set 8-hour schedules with no flexibility and they overhire making it hard for all of us to get work, that means there is no FLEXibility. That means there is no FLEXing our time to get our lines. BY LAW, if we are logged into their system, whether we type or not, we are entitled to be paid for our time if we have a set schedule to adhere to. If we have a set 8-hour schedule, there is no such thing as the wink-wink 40-hour schedules when the work load is heavy and we have to work more than our schedules. I think that is exactly why they haven't had set schedules to this point. If they do, they have to pay us when the work is low and have to pay us OT when the work is heavy.

Big changes - Wild Horses

[ In Reply To ..]
Wow. It sounds like the person who authored the original memo is a real meanie. I hope all of you will stand up for your rights with the Labor Board. I did it once (along with some other midwestern MTs at a small company) and the Labor Board ruled in our favor about unpaid time.

Getting rid of "wink-wink" 40-hour schedules, they - will need to rethink the pay scale. sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Few people can do their allotted minimum line count in 8 hours anymore, so the line count will probably have to be revised downward. Also, if that happens, they'll need to up the cpl pay, or no one in ANY country will work for them.

Sounds like the Web - Webber

[ In Reply To ..]
We used to have flexible schedules and then my STM stated that we had to work set 8-hour schedules BUT when there is low work or no work they expect us to FLEX our time even though we supposedly no longer have a flexible schedule. It is a total double standard--flexible schedule when it is convenient for them but not when it is convenient for you. We don't get paid for no work if there is nothing during our set hours, we are expected to make up the hours or use PTO.

They also constantly overhire. It seems like they are not happy unless we are running out of work.

I hope you are able to keep your flexible schedules and not get into the mess we are in ;)

my version? - 15+ exp

[ In Reply To ..]
Lowly? You're the one who wanted to be a team lead/ROM/CCM, etc. Comes with the job. Don't like it, get the bleep out like others are doing and stop your complaining; you signed up for it. Maybe if employees were treated decently you wouldn't have to worry about the work. BTDT. You don't dictate the terms of employment, your employer does.

AWESOME SM - oldmt

[ In Reply To ..]
Love your version of the email sm! I at least had a good laugh! You did forget one thing though....lol.

TOP 4 REASONS FOR KEEPING UP THE MORAL!
1. With the MDI/TRANSCEND merger, pay cut from the word go!
2. Change to new platform (slower overall pay cut! More clerical work than transcrbing.
3. Nasty emails!
4. Last BUT not least (my top favorite) cannot charge by accessions (which is not a Transcend policy)so in reality you could type 5 reports and get paid for 1 then again PAYCUT!

Go TRANSCEND!!!! WAY TO BOOST THE MORAL!!!

oldmt. what does #4 mean. I don't - understand it NM

[ In Reply To ..]
no message

That was PRICELESS! LOL! nm - Rocky Raccoon

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Doesn't Transcend offshore to cover third shift? Isn't the offshore - ndmt

[ In Reply To ..]
thing all about turnaround time? It would seem like this manager was e-mailing the wrong group of people.

Maybe on some accounts. - My take on offshore

[ In Reply To ..]
What we have been told (MDI-ers who are now Transcenders) in various conferences and emails are that supposedly Transcend only offshores IF the account/hospital agrees.

It is not something they just do automatically for third shift = at least that is my understanding.

We were constantly threatened with offshore if some of us didn't move to third shift. sm - kittykitty

[ In Reply To ..]
There was no work on third shift either so it probably was already there.

Yeah, supervisor midnight meltdown via Email, lulz! - Amazing

[ In Reply To ..]
I mean, honestly, what an immature, ridiculous, childish way to handle things.

I'm just sorry I missed it, now that I can envision her pounding out that email for all and sundry to view.

Epic stuff there, the midnight meltdown of the woman, lol!

Not allowed to work when there is work??? - nana

[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe a lot of the MTS take off because of lack of work--only company I have ever worked for that you have both a primary and secondary account, but when you run out of work on your primary account, are told NOT to access the secondary account for stealing the other MTS work. I, for one, work when there is work, and don't when there is none. Went from doing 160+ reports a day to barely getting 60+ a day. Definitely have better things to do with my time than just stare at NJA for 8 hours!!! and for 60+ reports!!!

DITTO - THAT!

[ In Reply To ..]
How back a**wards is that?

what crisis? in your dreams? I read this whole thread. - 30+ year MT, sm

[ In Reply To ..]
While I do not doubt there is one or more TLs/ROMs with problems relating to the MTs, excuse me, MLS, I do not find any crisis of substance mentioned in this whole thread. Sounds like a fabrication, or attempt to create a crisis, by Transcend critics. And this rigid schedule change mentioned below, where or where is evidence of that. Again, it seems to be a preconceived notion rather than fact. As far as I am concerned, one lousy email does not a crisis make. To this point, the company has been more than fair with me and as long as they are, I will have to counter this nonsense of supposition now and then.

I agree, no crisis in company. - Making it bigger than it was.

[ In Reply To ..]
The original poster was clearly complaining/venting about feeling demoralized related to the email from a new ROM and several TLs.

This does NOT make a company in crisis, for goodness sake.

Everyone needs to remember.. sm - Bystander

[ In Reply To ..]
This is ONE ROM in this company acting like this. That is FAR from a crisis. It may be a crisis in that ONE region, but it is certainly NOT company wide.

I see someone mention greed about Transcend merging with MDI. Why is all the blame on Transcend? Doesn't the owner of MDI have some 'blame' in this as well? She was shopping to sell the company and Transcend bought it, how is that greed?

Anyway, I think the MTs in this one region think this is how the entire company is running and it's not. If you aren't happy in the region you are currently in, ask to be moved. There are better ROMs and better TLs; don't base your opinion of the company on this one ROM. Just my opinion.

Yep, more like just witnessing the meltdown of a ROM - Rather than a company crisis

[ In Reply To ..]
Kinda comical in retrospect, because obviously that woman has some deep-seated issues towards her MTs. They really need to address that for the sake of the MTs though; that ROM is obviously in need of a reality check, attitude adjustment or counseling.

Company crisis....nah.

ROM Midnight Meltdown...PRICELESS.

Bystander - Annie

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree. It sounds like the poor woman who sent the e-mail needs some psychiatric intervention. It would appear from what has been related that she is in the liability rather than the asset side of Transcend's books. For her own good and the good of the MTs, she should probably have a sabbatical or something. And I agree with the others--this is likely this poor woman's personal crisis being played out in a very public arena, which is quite unfortunate. Hopefully, D is still the compassionate person she was when I knew her and will provide some kind of intervention for everyone's sake.
Agree 100% - MTMT
[ In Reply To ..]
It sounds as if she was fuming at having to pick up some work and instead of handling it constructively she chose to inappropriately vent on her staff. I really hope Transcend/MDI addresses what are obvious HER issues and take whatever measures necessary to prevent that from happening again. Those MTs are under enough pressure without her deflecting all of her apparent personal issues with her position onto them.

So...am I terrible person for wanting to see this email first hand just for my own amusement? LOL!!!
Aren't they going to do something with her? SM - wondering
[ In Reply To ..]
That type of an email is extremely unprofessional and if she has issues, she needs to take care of them herself and not take it out on the people working for her.

I do not think transcend is in a financial crisis, (SM) - transcender

[ In Reply To ..]
Financially they are very stable but they are in a crisis with their reputation, which is well deserved. The biggies in the company cannot continue to put their buddies in management positions when those "buddies" are not able to function like a good manager should. There are a few terrific managers there, a few terrific assistants, and a few great/terrific team leads, but they are few and far between. These are the ones who lead by example, not by threats, screaming and throwing tantrums, incoherent e-mails, etc. These are the true leaders (and I can think of 2 ROMs who have that reputation) that the MLS flock to when they have a problem or a question, even if it might not be in their own region, because they are always willing to provide assistance if they can.

But with growth, you just have to look at history. The higher up the ladder, the harder they fall. Those who are in the high positions can play humpty dumpty. Its all a big game. The masses do know how to revolt. And it won't be long before India demands the same wages as those in the US so the escape hatch will be closed.

This post is spot on. The crisis is not financial. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
The crisis is within management itself and externally with the reputation Transcend management has created for the company as a whole. It's more than obvious who has earned their positions and who was given the title by friends in high places.

One has to wonder if management just reads/listens to the complaints and thinks they are just a couple disgruntled ex-employees who were trouble-makers for us to begin with. It's not. I think it says a lot when even the usual Transcend cheerleaders who are the first to refute any type of negativity against Transcend aren't heard from for days on this subject.

I'm not a Transcend hater or a Transcend cheerleader. I have a wonderful TL and I'm very happy to have her. I like my accounts. I am more than willing to go the extra mile when my TL needs it because she inspires. She doesn't degrade, belittle, or demoralize. She is right there in the trenches oftentimes until 1:00 a.m. herself and has never, not once, complained that we weren't giving all that we have. She INSPIRES.

It must be working because our team is always getting high TAT percentages and has been commended on quite a few occasions. Maybe it's something that the other TLs could try and see if it would work for them as well.

One almost has to wonder if the TLs and ROMs that read these posts feel the same way we do and are left wondering, "Am I the one that's doing inspiring or am I the one they're talking about?" But then again, I kind of get the feeling that the ones we are referring to really could care less anyway.

Similar Messages:

Any Other Old ETransPlus People That Have Landed At Transcend That Can Give Advice...sm
Dec 17, 2011

I am to start training at Transcend on 12/27.  I stuck it out with MedQuist until it became obvious that things would not stay "status quo" for much longer.  I loved eTrans, and I think they were one of the last MTSOs to treat their MTs more than fairly and provide an income I could actually live comfortably live on.  Any other ex-eTrans people at Transcend now that can give me some feedback on what the transition is like.  Specifically, training, speech rec, etc.  ...

Midlife Crisis Or Need Of A New Career?
Jan 21, 2010

Anyone else find themselves in tears at their job?  These dictators are so ridiculous and I cannot believe we actually create medical reports from the mumble that comes out of their mouths.  I have been a transcriptionist for 20 years and it has been in the last year or so I am starting to actually hate my job because of the dictators.  I feel so helpless not to mention unable to really make any money anymore at something that once was a very lucrative career.  I guess I just ...

How Long Do You Give A New Company To Actually Put You To Work?
Oct 20, 2010

Hired by new co. only to discover they have no work!!!!!!!  It's been 2 weeks now.  They advertised about needing a lot of new MTs within the past couple months, but I rarely hear from them.  I was put on one account since that has had no work.  Now what?  Why did they bother to hire me?  I wonder if anyone else is in the same boat? ...

Can Someone Give Me A Timeline Of Company Change From:
May 13, 2013

I Really Want To Give Up On Finding A Good Company
Jun 05, 2013

but I can't.  I have to find an at-home job.  I have tried house cleaning, but no one around needs a cleaning lady (very small town).  I have a disabled son that I just cannot leave with anyone else.  It HAS to be me or he has super fits.  I guess I am just venting:(  Just so sad what this has come down to:( ...

Keystrokes - Give Me The Good And Bad On This Company?
Jan 08, 2014

I applied, got an email to test. Can anybody give me the good and bad on this company? If you can guestimate pay for me, that would be great as well! I have 10 years of experience. After I applied, I read some posts on here that were a little worrisome. I want to get some more input before I test. Thank you!     ...

Can Someone Give Me A Timeline Of Company Change From: TotalEmed
May 12, 2013

nm ...

Just Curious: Does ANY Company Out There Give Christmas Gifts Anymore?
Dec 18, 2012

OTI doesn't anymore. :o( ...

Caritic Teeth
Feb 17, 2011

The doctor has dictated "caritic teeth" but cannot find caritic.  Shouldn't it be "carious teeth"? ...

Has Transcend Become A Better Company Recently?
Mar 02, 2011

I am trying to narrow down some companies to work for and have a job offer on the table from Transcend.  Some of the posts on here and on glassdoor are negative, but are from early 2010 or older.  Has anyone had more recent experience with them?  Fear I'll be jumping out of the pan and into the fire. ...

No Erythema, No Increased S/l Teeth?
May 31, 2012

There isn't much to this dictation other than, "There is no erythema. There is no increased *s/l T or teeth*. Patient is having their knee examined. Clear speaker, but the T or teeth doesn't make any sense to me. Any ideas? TIA   ...

DTS / Transcend - DTS Employees Transitioning To The New Company
May 11, 2011

I went through the Transcend orientation yesterday for (former) DTS employees transitioning to the new company.  It left me very, very, very sad.  Transcend's methodology is so different from DTS.  The requirement of the $900 per pay period of full-time employees will be so difficult to achieve on this new BeyondText speech recognition as my pay will be cut based on what other MTs have told me!!!  (That and IF the work is available which in the past with DTS has been very off and on.)  ...

I Swear This Doctor Is Brushing Her Teeth
Jan 26, 2013

or her dentures.  She is doing something with running water & brushing sounds & her voice gets all muffled.  I am waiting for her to spit, then I will know for sure. And in the background, the nurses are having a shriek fest.  ...

I Think The Company Heads That Merge With Transcend Are Lied To As Well. Sm
Nov 25, 2009

I did not blame the company I worked for for selling out to Transcend as I figured they were told the same thing we were told, which was that nothing would change and their transcriptionists would be treated fairly.  I think when things do change you can't blame your old company for that since they are probably surprised by it all just like you are. ...

Wisdom Teeth Extraction/ Doc Says For A Total Of 7 S/l Carpials (?) Of 1.7 Cc Each?
Sep 30, 2011

.. ...

Tooth Infection Versus Teeth Infections
Jan 21, 2012

Hello.  Ok, so here is the sentence:  No teeth infection or No tooth infections or No teeth infections or No tooth infection?  When do you use the "s" on infection, with teeth or tooth?  When do I use no "s" after infection, with teeth or tooth.  This is turning into a tongue twister!    Thank you.   ...

Just Love That Clickity-clack Sound Against The Teeth
Apr 24, 2013

as the doctor pops a hard candy into his mouth before starting his dictation. I worked at hospital once where somebody in Medical Records thought they'd treat the doctors by putting a bowl of hard candy in the dictating room! I hope that's not the case with this current account as this is the second or third time recently that I've heard that clickity-clack and mouth swirling sound in recent days. ...

S/l "endotracheal Tube 70 At 24 Of The Teeth"
Jun 30, 2010

Here's an excerpt to put the confusing line in context: "The airway was initially assessed by Dr. _____, who stated that it was not in the trachea.  After an airway was placed, endotracheal tube 70 at 24 of the teeth was placed.  He visualized it going through the trachea." I tried reading up on endotracheal tube placement procedures and whatnot to try to figure this out (seems like too many things are being placed in addition to the teeth thing), but perhaps my brain is too add ...

At Your Company, Are Your Company-observed Holidays Paid By The Company?
Oct 07, 2014

I am working at a company who observes certain holidays and we are required to work 4 of them, but this is the first company I have ever worked where I have to use my PTO on the holiday I am supposed to be off.  Does your company do the same?     Thank you! :) ...

Can Someone Suggest A Company That Hires IC? I Can't Work For A Company That Offers Insurance.
Feb 17, 2014

Xx ...

I Give Up!
May 04, 2010

I absolutely cannot even understand this part of the dictation to even try to break it up into something valid. It's under the physical examination, HEENT. "Pupils equal, round, and reactive to light and accommodation.  Extraocular muscles were intact. (s/l ophthalmolotin powasting)."  She goes into cardiac after this and clearly dictates that heading. ...

OK, I Give Up...
Feb 07, 2012

I thought I'd looked everywhere but obviously not.  Where are the links to external resources, sister MT sites, etc?  I'm sure I'll really feel stupid when you tell me. ...

Something Has To Give Here
Jun 20, 2012

ASR was doing better a little while back now it is way screwed up again...Which means they hired people that dont know what they are doing..They need to make it about a year or so on new hires before they go through the filter and screw it up..And you would think at the very least there would be a filter to keep misspelled words from printing out,,,Just my opinion ...

Ok, I Give Up!!!
May 25, 2013

is it just me or is there someone else out there thinking that ASR has gone completely nuts!  My usual 240 lph is down to about 160 lph with all the editing I have had to do tonight on my normally clearly-speaking dictators, i.e., Dictated:   MRSA bacteremia    ASR:  Cataracts Dictated:  ESRD, on                ASR: Anterior, a If it didn't require so much editing it could ...

DON'T GIVE UP
Oct 19, 2014

I just want to let everybody know there are other fields where we can put our skills to use. I responded to an ad asking for a transcriptionist and thinking it was medical I sent my resume of 20+ years MT and got hired . It turns out its a legal transcriptionist for workers comp lawyers. Right now I do 4 hours a day as they need me (as there is another transcriptionist there) and am making a lot more than medical transcriptionist. I'm hoping at some point they may offer full-time so I&# ...

I Give Up. No More OT For Me.
Jun 12, 2015

I've had it.  Today will be the first time I'm not going to be compliant with the "mandatory" OT.  I just can't anymore.  They mandate, then they run out and cancel the mandate.  They give a few days without mandate and then we're back on mandate.  I work a specific schedule for a reason.  I do NOT appreciate being jerked around.  Whether it's illegal or not, it is WHOLLY UNETHICAL.  I'm not an on-demand worker.  This 8-h ...

Should I Give Up 1 Job? Need Feedback. Sm
Dec 13, 2009

I work part time for 2 companies.  One company usually has plenty of work.  I love the work and the people and they are very flexible.  I can usually get full time lines.  The other company usually has no work and I really despise the work and the QA.  I'm tired of the constant frantic emails stating how there is so much work only to go on and find there are less then 10 jobs.  This company now wants us to be employees.  I don't want to be t ...

DONT GIVE UP
Feb 01, 2010

This board is sometimes so disheartening.  All of you new MTs, we are graduating from reputable schools, we are getting jobs and it is no different from any other occupation.  Times change, rules change, technology changes, but if we are not set in our ways and our not willing to grow, things will disappear.  We always blame everyone else, but maybe its time to look at the opportunities that do exist and concentrate on where we do want to be in 5 years or 10 years.  Peop ...

Does Anyone Know If There Is Someone To Give Feedback On FTR
Apr 13, 2010

I would like to give my feedback, a lot of hype for a BIG let down.  Swapboard a BUST.  OLD report lookup, andother BUST.  They need a HUGE anonymous suggestion box. ...

Please Give Us A Break..........
Jul 15, 2010

How many Medical Transcriptionist right now feel like they are being discriminated against because of your lack of experience?  Why are Medical Transcription companies only looking to hire experienced Medical Transcriptionist in a certain field?   Don't they realize the resources that are out there now, that can give someone the opportunity to grow in this field.  Right now there are so many people out of work and struggling to get a job and have little to no ...