A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Caritic Teeth - Linda

Posted: Feb 17, 2011

The doctor has dictated "caritic teeth" but cannot find caritic.  Shouldn't it be "carious teeth"?

caritic - MTMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Dental caries = tooth decay or a cavity.

So maybe he is using a form of this word? Teeth were caritic, meaning they were rotten or decayed?

Caritic Teeth - Linda

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, I am sure he s talking about decaying teeth and the word "carious" is the adjective. I cannot find the word "caritic," so I believe it must a doctor made-up word. Has anyone ever heard of this word?

caritic - msjane

[ In Reply To ..]
well doctors do make up words sometimes.

Similar Messages:

No Erythema, No Increased S/l Teeth?
May 31, 2012

There isn't much to this dictation other than, "There is no erythema. There is no increased *s/l T or teeth*. Patient is having their knee examined. Clear speaker, but the T or teeth doesn't make any sense to me. Any ideas? TIA   ...

I Swear This Doctor Is Brushing Her Teeth
Jan 26, 2013

or her dentures.  She is doing something with running water & brushing sounds & her voice gets all muffled.  I am waiting for her to spit, then I will know for sure. And in the background, the nurses are having a shriek fest.  ...

Transcend Is A Company In Crisis. I'd Give My Eye Teeth For
Apr 22, 2010

nm ...

Wisdom Teeth Extraction/ Doc Says For A Total Of 7 S/l Carpials (?) Of 1.7 Cc Each?
Sep 30, 2011

.. ...

Tooth Infection Versus Teeth Infections
Jan 21, 2012

Hello.  Ok, so here is the sentence:  No teeth infection or No tooth infections or No teeth infections or No tooth infection?  When do you use the "s" on infection, with teeth or tooth?  When do I use no "s" after infection, with teeth or tooth.  This is turning into a tongue twister!    Thank you.   ...

Just Love That Clickity-clack Sound Against The Teeth
Apr 24, 2013

as the doctor pops a hard candy into his mouth before starting his dictation. I worked at hospital once where somebody in Medical Records thought they'd treat the doctors by putting a bowl of hard candy in the dictating room! I hope that's not the case with this current account as this is the second or third time recently that I've heard that clickity-clack and mouth swirling sound in recent days. ...

S/l "endotracheal Tube 70 At 24 Of The Teeth"
Jun 30, 2010

Here's an excerpt to put the confusing line in context: "The airway was initially assessed by Dr. _____, who stated that it was not in the trachea.  After an airway was placed, endotracheal tube 70 at 24 of the teeth was placed.  He visualized it going through the trachea." I tried reading up on endotracheal tube placement procedures and whatnot to try to figure this out (seems like too many things are being placed in addition to the teeth thing), but perhaps my brain is too add ...