A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Any other old eTransPlus people that have landed at Transcend that can give advice...sm - wasHappyMt

Posted: Dec 17, 2011

I am to start training at Transcend on 12/27.  I stuck it out with MedQuist until it became obvious that things would not stay "status quo" for much longer.  I loved eTrans, and I think they were one of the last MTSOs to treat their MTs more than fairly and provide an income I could actually live comfortably live on. 

Any other ex-eTrans people at Transcend now that can give me some feedback on what the transition is like.  Specifically, training, speech rec, etc.  I am nervous as can be, but also excited to actually know what is in store for me instead of waiting for MedQuist to pull the rug out from under me. 

TIA!

me! - strawberry

[ In Reply To ..]
I was at etrans when the Q took over. I've been at Transcend now for a little over a month. So far, it's been great! I really liked etrans and just being left alone to do my job, but I must say that Transcend is far more organized. At etrans, I was trained by tech support and it was just a 15 minute session. While their program was easy, I still think someone besides tech should have trained me. Anyway, Transcend's training is very thorough! You are paid for training too. Everyone is really nice. I started out in BeyondTXT and will switch over completely to Encore when my acct goes live next month. I've had to learn two platforms, but they are similar, so it isn't so bad. Right now, my primary acct will be my secondary acct. I also have other accts I can work on if work is low. They work with you and want to make sure you have work.

The emails you receive from them is through your personal email.

I haven't done much editing as the acct I'm on right now is a new one and they all start out as straight typing until they are switched over. I've done a little bit and it wasn't bad. It sure does save my hands some. I'm just wondering how the paid is going to be when I'm doing straight editing. That's the only thing I can't really tell you about cause I haven't done it yet!

I'm so happy for you that you got out from the Q! Were you running out of work? I heard that could happen with them and that's why I got out. I don't think we will have that problem with Transcend. Even through Thanksgiving I had lots of work.

I hope some of this helps!

Thanks, yes I ran out consistently...sm - wasHappyMt

[ In Reply To ..]
about 3 weeks ago, work got to be VERY low! One of my favorite clinic accounts pretty much disappeared, although I know the work was still there because I could look up the reports, but I just was not getting it. I figure since it was an easy account, they put MQ people on it. Then, of course, as soon as I put my notice in I had tons of work! Figures. Anyway, yesterday was my last day, and I am relieved not to have to wonder what my pay will be like, at least I now know. Thanks so much for the reply. One of the things that definitely made my want out was the way they fired my supervisor, John Jordan. He was great to work for, and as long as he was there I felt I had a chance. When they booted him, I kind of felt all alone in the big bad MQ world.

I'm happy for you! - strawberry

[ In Reply To ..]
I was scared that would happen to me. My supervisor was still there, but I could tell things were stressed with her so I figured she was either getting ready to leave or was worried about being fired. I'm hoping Transcend is too big for the Q and they won't sell out!

I hardly think they gave your account to MQ people - butterfly

[ In Reply To ..]
sometimes it takes awhile for things to lay the way they are supposed to. I have been there almost 10 years and have been transferred a few times and it always takes time for things to settle in for some reason. Sorry it went that way for you though. I would not just want to be starting out at medquist. It would be too scary. Some of the people that I got to know are still there but there have been others that have gone I guess for greener pastures. After they made a lot of changes a few years back a lot of people left but there are still some oldtimers there.
Actually, I know for a fact that they did...sm - wasHappyMt
[ In Reply To ..]
I know someone from my old Andrews grad board that is also a MedQuist employee, and she was being moved over to and trained on the eTrans platform. She actually was put onto my favorite account. I really could not understand myself why MQ would train their people on a new platform that they would probably be getting rid of anyway, but they did. Just first first red flag that things were getting bad. Coincidentally, that was also the same time the work pretty much began to dry up. Of course MQ, said it was just the beginning of the holiday slowdown. Hope MQ continues to work for you. Good Luck.

eTransPlus - MountainMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I was at eTrans for 2 years and loved it. Everyone from QA to the office were great to work with.Then the work dried up on all of my accounts so I took a job at my local hospital. That job only lasted 1 year and the work is being outsourced. I was surprised to find eTrans wasn't around any more. I start at Transcend next week. I'm worried about the VR.

VR - LeeLee

[ In Reply To ..]
You will do GREAT. It takes a dozen or so jobs to get used to how the speech platform works, but once you get the hang of it, you will breeze right through! If you can do straight, you can easily adapt...Go girl!!

I find it very difficult to maintain the same pay - level with VR as SM

[ In Reply To ..]
straight typing. Unless you are a speed demon with VR, expect your pay to drop.
Response to VR versus SM - LeeLee
[ In Reply To ..]
I was actually able to improve my lines; however, I did have to re-tweak my shortcuts/work setup a bit to better use the speech for the necessary corrections. It took a little doing, but I have been at this for quite a while. I am sure you will do great. There was a bit of self-learning curve as I was sort of thrown into it without much assistance. If this old MT can hanlde it, you girls will do more than fine...you'll be smokin' in not time :)

Etrans...what - dyldylsmom

[ In Reply To ..]
Etransplus was one of the first companies I worked for when I started working at home but I am radiology and a few years ago they lost my account and I did not have enough work so I had to go...What happened? I had no clue they were gone!

Bought out by MedQuist, truly a tragic day!...nm - wasHappyMt

[ In Reply To ..]
:(

Transcend training - Motts

[ In Reply To ..]
I recently finished training at Transcend, used to be with Medquist. I cannot say enough good things about Transcend, wonderful, wonderful. Don't forget, you'll be learning new things, but if you stay organized, review your training documents, and ask a lot of questions you will be fine. I made a lot of bloopers on my first day after being released from training, but as time goes on I know I'll Transcend. I feel appreciated for the first time in a long time.

Similar Messages:

Can Someone Give Me The Condensed Version Of The ETransPlus Call This Morning, I Was In Surgery...
Oct 03, 2011

Can someone please give me the condensed version of what went on in the conference call this morning!?  I was in surgery, and (obviously) could not be in on it.  Did they give any details on pay, schedule, timeline for transition, etc.  Any info. would be appreciated, this is driving me nuts!!  Thanks! ...

Any ETransPlus People That Can Answer A Question For Me?
Jan 22, 2011

I have been at eTrans now since November and was wondering if any current employees know if there are QA audits?  I know this is probably a dumb question, but I so far I have not heard of any, and I hate to be the one that steps up and says "hey, where is my QA audit?"  Thus far, I have pretty much been left alone to work, and it has been pretty nice! TIA,      ...

Superior Global, Etransplus, Or Transcend?
Mar 17, 2010

I have offers from these companies, similar pay, but etransplus has a better shift. I am not the main bread winner in the house, but I would still like to be able to be paid for my time and the only thing I am worried about is being able to meet minimums with these companies and have enough work to do that. I can type fast, Transcend and Superior Global use escription which I am very good on, but etransplus pays better for big producers. Anyone have anything to say about any of these companies a ...

KR Needs To Give Up On Finding People To Work For Them.
Apr 10, 2010

nm ...

Transcend Is A Company In Crisis. I'd Give My Eye Teeth For
Apr 22, 2010

nm ...

Transcend Hiring More People-
May 21, 2010

Their ad on the job seekers board indicates they have TONS of work on multiple accounts.  They also state Bayscribe typing platform only, which I believe will be transitioning over to their Beyontext platform sooner than later.  There are people on this board complaining all the time about lack of work and having to work 14-16 hour days.  What is up with this?  ...

WOW-QA People Are Bailing Out Of Transcend-last Week
Mar 23, 2012

no QA jobs, now 7!!!  Got a guess where they are going-just left myself?  The Nuance side of the fence suddenly looks pretty inviting for Transcend people.  If you have been through a buy-out before, they say nothing is going to change, but it is a lie (been through 2 in 6 months) -BAIL OUT OF THE SHIP NOW WHILE YOU STILL HAVE A LIFE VEST! ...

Regarding Transcend: Ooooh This Is Gonna Really Tick People Off!
Aug 14, 2010

Just want to let you know that Transcend has over 2000 employees and for every one of you DISGRUNTLED MTs who regularly post negative, nasty comments about Transcend on this board, there are at least 10 working here who are very happy with employment at Transcend. Get over yourselves people. You will NEVER find a company that has everything you want. You will always find a company that has an issue that you don't agree with or don't like ....get over it....There is not a single softwar ...

People Skills For Work-at-home People
Nov 01, 2010

I have been at home working full time for about a year.  I have been an MT longer, but I always had kept a job outside of the home also because I like interaction with other.  I have found that I am starting to lose my people skills.  Do others have this same problem?  It is like I have forgotten how to really be able to hold a conversation with others.  This is something that really bothers me as I have always loved customer service and working with people and main ...

ETransPlus Or TTS, LLC
Jun 08, 2010

Just wanting to know about these two companies.  TTS and eTransPlus.  Any positive or negative comments would be appreciated! ...

Anything To Say About ETransplus?
Jun 26, 2010

Does anyone have anything to say about eTransplus? ...

ETransPlus. Anybody Used PTO Since The New
Sep 27, 2010

pay scale in place.  If so, did you still receive the higher line rate even if your transcribed lines were below 6,000 because of the PTO that you took? ...

ETransplus?
Jun 20, 2011

I applied and passed all of the testing for eTransplus as advertised on the Job Seekers Board but haven't heard anything back. Did anyone else apply and hear back yet? Just curious since I expected to hear back after successfully jumping through all of their hoops....er, passing all of their tests ;-) ...

Any ETransPlus Employees?
Nov 11, 2009

Wondering if anyone has any info on this company - good or bad feedback is welcomed. Thanks! ...

Inquiring About ETransPlus
May 01, 2010

Inquiring about eTransPlus...anybody know any info about this company? Pros and cons? ...

Anybody Else At ETransPlus Out Of Work? Nm
Aug 05, 2010

x ...

ETransplus Platform?
Oct 01, 2010

Does anyone know what transcription platfor this company uses?   TIA ...

Is ETransPlus Hiring And
Dec 01, 2010

How about line rates, payday on time, supervisors, tech, any info appreciated. Thanks in advance. ...

Warning ETransPlus
Dec 17, 2010

A quasi-Federal employer. Thought I'd be ahead cuz the Feds will manage our jobs AND our health records someday soon. You have to get fingerprinted, get your background investiagated and pay for a retro hunk of foot pedal and then they short your pays. ...

ETransPlus Or Archivus...
Jun 15, 2011

Any current info on either of these companies; pay, how the management treats MTs, enough work?  Trying to make a decision.  This will be my secondary MTSO - already have another full time job, just would like to have a secondary when things are slow.  I know two is going wear me out some, but it is better than the fear of going broke with only one MTSO during the slow times. ...

EtransPlus - Any Information ?
Feb 22, 2011

Does anyone have any information on this company?  Thanks. ...

Anyone Worked For ETRANSPLUS?
Mar 09, 2011

Trying to get some info on etransplus.  Does anybody know anything about this company? ...

Seeking All ETransPlus MTs
Sep 05, 2011

I've accepted a position with this company and will start the training process on Tuesday. I'd like to get a feel for this company, and the best way to do that is to speak with those "in the know." 1.  How are they to work for?2.  How is the Acuity platform?3.  How are lines calculated?  Is it hard to reach the 1200-line daily goal?4.  How is QA? And anything else you can think of that you feel would help. Either post here or email me would be fine. Thanks in ...

WOW - ETransPlus Hiring??
Sep 20, 2011

The only possible reason they could be hiring is because everyone else is leaving because of no work!  But still... for going on 4 weeks now, two different "pools" have remained mostly empty day and night.  I am so glad to be getting out of there.  ...

ETransPlus Question
Sep 22, 2011

Anyone know any information on eTransPlus?  Good/bad.  Line count per hour/week requirements.  Pay per line.  Just the usual questions.  I am thinking about applying, but want to make sure there is work for me to do there.  Please comment. ...

EtransPlus Monday?
Oct 01, 2011

Does anyone know why ETP is havin a phone conference for employees Monday morning? I hate surprises and this has my stomach in knots since work has been practically nonexistent for a month on multiple acct. Eek! ...

Etransplus To Medquist
Oct 20, 2011

does anyone have any information on the company medquist, was just recently told that etrans went to medquist with little notification other than a conference call on a Monday. thank you ...

ETransPlus Server
Jan 18, 2012

Does anyone have a problem with the eTransPlus server?  I find that it is very slow in responding to what I type while in the portal.  I've always had a problem, but it seems a lot worse this week.  I've talked to eTransPlus tech support in the past, but they haven't been able to find what's wrong. ...

Etransplus Insurance Change
Jan 29, 2010

Did anyone else get burned with their surprise insurance change yesterday? ...

Any Info (good Or Bad) About ETransPlus?
Mar 12, 2010

I searched the archives but the info on this company wasn't very recent. Please feel free to email me if you want to remain private and currently work for this company, have worked for this company, etc.. and let me know your opinions. Thank you in advance. ...