A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Keystrokes - give me the good and bad on this company? - Emailtotest

Posted: Jan 08, 2014

I applied, got an email to test. Can anybody give me the good and bad on this company? If you can guestimate pay for me, that would be great as well! I have 10 years of experience. After I applied, I read some posts on here that were a little worrisome. I want to get some more input before I test. Thank you!    

Run far away - Former KSMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked for Keystrokes for several years and just recently left. They used to be a great place to work up until around late 2010/early 2011. That's when things started getting bad. I stayed for quite a while in hopes that it was just a phase and things would get better, but it only went further downhill. I finally left several months ago. If you enjoy being micromanaged, frequently running out of work, horrible communication, and low pay, even sometimes late pay, then go for it!

keystrokes - Thank you both!

[ In Reply To ..]
I didn't even finish the testing. The sound quality on the first one was so horrible, I said forget it. I understand sound quality is not always going to be great, but it seems like they have a lot of hoops for you to jump through to get hired.

You will find mostly negativity on this board but many, many of us are happy at KS. nm - Long-Time KS

[ In Reply To ..]
xx
Yeah, either - EsKS
[ In Reply To ..]
pets/favorites or those with the nice coordinator.
Probably the owner...she has time to read this board. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
They lie and play games - and that's the truth, found out by many a good worker.
there are people who are unhappy with KS who speak out, and usually one KS rah-rah - cheerleader. the rest of the happy--invisible. sm
[ In Reply To ..]
that is usually ALL there is to by here. There are pets, there are horrible accounts and some good.

Bottom line, and probalby true of any company these days, it's a crap shoot...just depends on who's shottin' the crap.

DON'T take an account referred to as "CC" (sm) - Jan

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked for them for several months. They gave me the wrong specs for a computer and after I spent $400 on techs and installing a new O/S, they did the online check of my PC and said I had the wrong O/S. Their mistake! Then said they could not use me because of that. I complained so loudly about that that they did hire me but the account I was stuck on "CC" in NC was not even worth the effort. Each dictation was less than 1 min. long, often just 2 lines. Then all the free labor you are required to put in between dictations, filling our their spreadsheet with all the patient demographics, etc. So I got paid for only about 50% of the time I was required to put in. Also the sound quality was so horrid that I had to have the volume on the highest setting and press the earpieces into my head to listen. Could not keyboard at the same time as the sound covered the volume of dictation. Multiple complaints to them about this were completely ignored until I reworded my complaint that "one of the doctors has a technical problem with his equipment and I'd hate to have him have to redo all his dictations for today..." They put a tech on it immediately. They also had a supervisor "M" who I don't think is still with them, but she would pick an MT to blame for a mistake before even knowing who did it so we would have to waste our time tracking down the report she was referring to so we could email her that it was not one of us. Not even an apology after these.

Similar Messages:

I Really Want To Give Up On Finding A Good Company
Jun 05, 2013

but I can't.  I have to find an at-home job.  I have tried house cleaning, but no one around needs a cleaning lady (very small town).  I have a disabled son that I just cannot leave with anyone else.  It HAS to be me or he has super fits.  I guess I am just venting:(  Just so sad what this has come down to:( ...

Keystrokes - They Are A Good Company Or Not?
Oct 10, 2010

Anyone know anything about Keystrokes whether they are a good company or not? ...

Keystrokes - A Good Company Gone Bad Sm
Apr 03, 2011

KS seems to be getting lower and lower in the popularity with emplooyees test. I worked for them once but left for the reasons everyone is talking about.  There was no communication. The owner was never truthful and everyone is afraid of her because of her horrible temper tantrums. The accounts are overstaffed - you might get put on another account but it will be overstaffed too. The only accounts that are not overstaffed are the terrible ones that no one wants to work on and it is imp ...

Keystrokes Good Company To Work For?
Jan 05, 2010

Can anyone tell me how Keystrokes pays and if they are a good company to work for? ...

Keystrokes - Good Company To Work For?
Mar 16, 2011

Can anyone tell me if this is a good company to work for ...

How Good A Company Keystrokes Is To Work For?
Oct 20, 2013

Does anyone know how good a company Keystrokes is to work for?  I tried doing a search of the archives on the company board but couldn't find anything.  They've got a QA position I was thinking of applying for.  Thanks for any and all information. ...

Can Someone Who Works For Keystrokes Give A
Jan 20, 2015

step-by-step way to transcribe in chartnet?  I just started, could not get my foot pedal to work, thought it was working and it is not.  I hit the F1 and I put the code in for my account, but nothing happens.  No job loads.  I already put a ticket in, but hate to call them back again. ...

MLS Who Give Good Feedback
Apr 01, 2015

It's clear from reading these posts that there are some people who are deliriously happy at Nuance, unless of course they are posting on its behalf to do damage control.  My question is, those of you who are the happy ones, why?  Do you do straight transcripion, editing, or both?  Do you find that you are rarely OOW?  Do you find that you are not dinged on a regular basis for errors that you must challange after the fact?  Oh, and one last thing, if you are deliriou ...

How Long Do You Give A New Company To Actually Put You To Work?
Oct 20, 2010

Hired by new co. only to discover they have no work!!!!!!!  It's been 2 weeks now.  They advertised about needing a lot of new MTs within the past couple months, but I rarely hear from them.  I was put on one account since that has had no work.  Now what?  Why did they bother to hire me?  I wonder if anyone else is in the same boat? ...

Can Someone Give Me A Timeline Of Company Change From:
May 13, 2013

Transcend Is A Company In Crisis. I'd Give My Eye Teeth For
Apr 22, 2010

nm ...

Can Someone Give Me A Timeline Of Company Change From: TotalEmed
May 12, 2013

nm ...

Just Curious: Does ANY Company Out There Give Christmas Gifts Anymore?
Dec 18, 2012

OTI doesn't anymore. :o( ...

All Type QA - Good Money?? Good Company???
May 24, 2011

I have expierence with QA, although have never been paid production for it. I do enjoy QA more. Does anyone have expierence at All Type in QA? Are they reliable?? Do they pay well? I currently make about 32000/year and need more. Would this be doable? TIA!! ...

Bye Bye Keystrokes And Good Riddance
Aug 10, 2010

GOOD RIDDANCE - U TOTALLY BLOW AS A COMPANY - I HOPE YOU AND ALL OTHER MTSO'S LIKE YOU WHO SCREW OVER THEIR EMPLOYEES GO STRAIGHT DOWN THE TOILET INTO THE SEWER WHERE YOU BELONG!!!!! THEN YOU CAN SEE HOW IT FEELS TO BE FLUSHED AWAY LIKE WASTE - JUST LIKE US MT'S ARE. ...

Keystrokes - Any Good News On Them?
May 07, 2013

I've actually worked for them in the past, horrible experience with my team lead - who sucked, and my account, which was an overflow account - which they didn't tell me when they hired me.  So needless to say, I sat most of the time without work.  So I didn't last long there, as we obviously need work to make money.  I'm looking for an employee position, as I'm sick of owing taxes as an IC.  Do they have straight typing there or is it mostly VR?   ...

Can I Get Some Recent Info On Keystrokes, Please - Good Or Bad - Nm
Feb 17, 2011

x ...

Any Info On Keystrokes...the Good, The Bad, The Ugly?
Dec 03, 2013

Any recent info on Keystrokes would be appreciated! ...

Keystrokes IS The BEST Company.........
Aug 14, 2010

They did the right thing for their employees.  I am happy to call myself a KS MT! ...

Keystrokes- Anything About This Company?
Sep 07, 2010

Does anyone know anything about this company?  Do they pay on time?  ...

Any Good, Bag Or Ugly Comments About Keystrokes"
Sep 07, 2011

I got a phone call from them and they emailed me a list of available shifts, what equipment I'd need, platform, but I forgot to ask how much per line I'd be paid.  The person I talked to was very nice.  I just want part-time which she said would be 20 hours a week.  Before I email her back asking the wages and/or I decide to accept it, I'd like any info anyone might have.  I still work at MQ and don't want to leave for something just as bad, before I actua ...

Keystrokes - What Is The Deal With This Company
Jun 22, 2011

What is the deal with this company.  They put an ad out like they are desperate for help and don't even respond either way? Is it a joke or for real?   ...

Keystrokes - Looking Into Applying To This Company
Jun 16, 2011

I'm looking into applying to this company.  Can a current employee tell me which of their various platforms are true word-based?  They list meditech, Chartnet, powerscribe, allscripts, scribe.  I also understand that they just bought out 2 other companies that may include multiple other platforms.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.  ...

My Company Is Being Bought Out By Keystrokes
Mar 31, 2011

My company is being bought out by Keystrokes.  Do any of you currently work for Keystrokes?  If so, what do you think about the company?  Should I be worried? ...

Keystrokes Transcription Really Is A Bad Company
Aug 30, 2011

They just informed their employees that effective immediately they were changing the pay dates from the 3rd to the 17th. This when our payday is the first so now it is going to be late. Way to go Keystrokes! ...

Keystrokes Top Notch Company
Oct 17, 2014

I have worked with Keystrokes for almost a year and I want to say that they are a top notch company.  The leads are wonderful to work with.  The work is there and if ever I need help with anything someone is always there to help.  IT department are great at their jobs.  I love my job!!! ...

I Just Wanted To Say Not To Give Up On A Search For A "good" MTSO
Nov 15, 2013

I have been looking for work since July. I recently started with Babbletype, even though their reputation on here was awful, but, I try to look at things from both sides. I mentioned my experience with them in a post below, so I am not going to reiterate it here. The other thing as well, is I have been waiting for my pay to be deposited into my PayPal account, which it should have been done on Wednesday and it still is not there. Not a heck of a lot, but when you need small things, every lit ...

Keystrokes Just Bought The Company I Work For. Are All Small Companies Being Sold?
May 31, 2011

I like that I will be an employee and that the office people are staying on with them.  I hope that this is good and that they don't try to get rid of us; I really love the account I am on.  Anyone else from MED-X here? ...

Anyone Know Of A Good Company?
Feb 19, 2013

Trying to find somewhere that pays good. Anyone working anywhere that they really like? What about the pay? ...

A GOOD Company.....
May 27, 2014

I'm ready for a change.  I've been with a company for 3 years, have been on upteen different accounts, and I just don't like them. Keeping up with all the extra things you have to do without pay has me soured.  I would love to find a good company and am looking for suggestions.  No IC.  I don't care if it's editing or typing.  Most of the company sites I go to want an app before I can get info.  I would really love a company that w ...