A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Just love that clickity-clack sound against the teeth - Just shoot me

Posted: Apr 24, 2013

as the doctor pops a hard candy into his mouth before starting his dictation. I worked at hospital once where somebody in Medical Records thought they'd treat the doctors by putting a bowl of hard candy in the dictating room! I hope that's not the case with this current account as this is the second or third time recently that I've heard that clickity-clack and mouth swirling sound in recent days.

CLICKITY-cLACK - UniqueMonique

[ In Reply To ..]
Never in my 20+ years of transcribing have I had to deal with such horrid background noise and yes, the (shudder) clickety-clack of dictators with candy or eating or whatever. It is just plain rude and we don't get paid enough to deal with this. Can u tell I'm a little frustrated right now lol

Me too! 25 years later, this crap is the worse - EVER!!!!

[ In Reply To ..]
When I get let go, I am literally writing to this physician. I am all for it that he is laughing, talking with others and having a grand ole time, but I am letting him know I literally got paid 50 cents to type his 13 minute report because of all the feedback and jumbo mumbo words that were put into the report that I had to use the delete key repeatedly to erase all the CRAP that was in the report.

It is one thing chewing or having a discussion in a few sentences, but MY GOSH.... THE WHOLE FRICKEN REPORT????? He got paid how much and I get a fricken 50 cents????? MModal has NO CLUE what we put up with.

Clickity-cLACK - Inquisitive

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked for one company,all doctors were the same way, I was literally bringing home $60.00 a week for a 40-hour week, just sitting waiting on work. Are there any jobs anymore??

I have one who bites into a nice - crisp apple before beginning

[ In Reply To ..]
He is the same one I was complaining about the other day who sucks on the straw long after there is liquid left in his glass. Plus he is ESL and has a speech impediment.

Similar Messages:

Love The Suggestion For The Account With Horrible Sound That Perhaps WE SHOULD Invest
Apr 11, 2015

in a new set of earphones and speakers.  How about just addressing the problem with the client!! ...

IBM Clicky-clack
Jul 21, 2012

Hello everyone!! Just wondering if anyone out there is a lover of the 1980's IBM clicky keyboard?  If so, I have a terrible sinking feeling the one I currently have is on its way out :(  I have already had to jerry-rig the space bar w/a piece of paper towel.  These keyboards are awesome for typing, quick, large, just incredible - and ---- they are extremely hard to find and sometimes are very expensive.  Has anyone found an alternative to this keyboard? Someone out ...

IBM Clickity-Clackity Keyboard
Jan 26, 2010

I've found the following keyboard for sale and I just know one of you ladies knows whether this is the old-fashioned "clacker" keyboard some of us adore.   BM Model M Clicky Clicker  Keyboard 1391401 Model:   M Condition:  works great. What you see is what you get. New/Used: Used Does this appear to be the model that's adaptable for usage with today's computers?  I'd love to pick it up if it's the right one.   I'm going to ...

Caritic Teeth
Feb 17, 2011

The doctor has dictated "caritic teeth" but cannot find caritic.  Shouldn't it be "carious teeth"? ...

No Erythema, No Increased S/l Teeth?
May 31, 2012

There isn't much to this dictation other than, "There is no erythema. There is no increased *s/l T or teeth*. Patient is having their knee examined. Clear speaker, but the T or teeth doesn't make any sense to me. Any ideas? TIA   ...

I Swear This Doctor Is Brushing Her Teeth
Jan 26, 2013

or her dentures.  She is doing something with running water & brushing sounds & her voice gets all muffled.  I am waiting for her to spit, then I will know for sure. And in the background, the nurses are having a shriek fest.  ...

Transcend Is A Company In Crisis. I'd Give My Eye Teeth For
Apr 22, 2010

nm ...

Wisdom Teeth Extraction/ Doc Says For A Total Of 7 S/l Carpials (?) Of 1.7 Cc Each?
Sep 30, 2011

.. ...

Tooth Infection Versus Teeth Infections
Jan 21, 2012

Hello.  Ok, so here is the sentence:  No teeth infection or No tooth infections or No teeth infections or No tooth infection?  When do you use the "s" on infection, with teeth or tooth?  When do I use no "s" after infection, with teeth or tooth.  This is turning into a tongue twister!    Thank you.   ...

IBM "CLICKITY-CLACKITY" KEYBOARD
Jan 26, 2010

I've found the following keyboard for sale and I just know one of you ladies knows whether this is the old-fashioned "clacker" keyboard some of us adore.   BM Model M Clicky Clicker  Keyboard 1391401 Model:   M Condition:  works great. What you see is what you get. New/Used: Used Does this appear to be the model that's adaptable for usage with today's computers?  I'd love to pick it up if it's the right one.   I'm going to ...

LOVE, LOVE Mmodal
Nov 01, 2012

Have to say, I love Mmodal.  My CCM is caring and considerate and kind.  Also, love the pay and hardly ever running out of work but when we do, that is a nice break for me.  I just put the pedal to the metal and don't take anything posted here to heart cuz, lots of angry people just wanting to take you down.  Pass on the love!!! ...

S/l "endotracheal Tube 70 At 24 Of The Teeth"
Jun 30, 2010

Here's an excerpt to put the confusing line in context: "The airway was initially assessed by Dr. _____, who stated that it was not in the trachea.  After an airway was placed, endotracheal tube 70 at 24 of the teeth was placed.  He visualized it going through the trachea." I tried reading up on endotracheal tube placement procedures and whatnot to try to figure this out (seems like too many things are being placed in addition to the teeth thing), but perhaps my brain is too add ...

ARRRGGGGGHH! I Love Resident Dictators. I Love Resident Dictators. I Love Resident Dictators.
Jun 19, 2010

A new ESL dictating a DS. Can't speed him up because he's too "new" (to this country?). He is spelling every other word!!!!!! AND then spells it again - extubated, e-x-t-u-b-a-t-e-d, extubated e for elephant, x for crosses, t for tom, u for umbrella, b for .......... get the picture (sigh)? On top of that, the report is 28 minutes long!!! Should never have gotten out of bed this morning. LOL I do feel bad for him that he doesn't realize he doesn't have to spell every other ...

Sound Is So Low
May 24, 2011

My manager said the low sound was fixed, however, I have reports coming in timed right now and the sound is still extremely low.  I am on the West Coast.  Anyone out here having problems still with the low sound?  I can't hear the doctors! ...

I Just HAVE To Sound Off A Little Bit.
Nov 15, 2014

.....dangled in front of me only to have it yanked away shortly!  I am tired of not knowing from one day to the next whether there will be work or whether I will even HAVE a job!!!!  Tired of chasing after work that does not exist!  There MUST be SOMETHING out there for a 50+ year old person with 20+ years of medical transcription experience to be able to support themselves on, but if there is, I have not found it yet!  I have said this before, and I will say it aga ...

Does This Sound Right? I've Never Had This On An Exam..
Nov 02, 2009

Visual fields are full to confrontation. ...

Sound Drivers
Dec 30, 2009

I had my hardrive recently reformatted and I do not have any sound drivers.  I don't know how to get them back.  I have a Toshiba laptop Satellite.  Anyone know anything about that? ...

Does This Sound Like An IC Position To You?
Jan 26, 2010

The following nasty gram was sent to all independent contractors from the company owner.  I'm just curious to know . . . how many ICs treated like this? Hi everyone - I wanted to touch base with all of you immediately, as we have a very serious problem.  Aside from a very few MTs who have notified us in advance that they would be out, we have many MTs who are not working their agreed upon shift and it has put us in a serious hole.  If there is work in your pool for the physi ...

Why Does This Sound Funny To Me?
Feb 08, 2010

The doctor is stating, "There were palpable pulses in the epigastric area."  This sounds funny to me, and I have never heard her say this before.  What do you think?  It is pretty clear, but this doctor is a ditz at times? ...

Does Lead Eye Sound Right?
Mar 08, 2010

At the same time, he has significant nystagmus of the lead eye and looking both to the left and right ...

Sound And Technology
Mar 29, 2010

Wouldn't it make more sense if, with our improved digital and fiberoptic technology, the reports sounded BETTER instead of worse?  I guess it is more about convenience -- they can dictate in the bathroom, on the soccer field, in the locker room, checking out at the grocery store, or riding a motorcycle. . . ...

DSG Sound Issues
Mar 30, 2010

Someone here mentioned the sound quality at DSG.  Has anyone ever addressed it there?  Seems that in this day and age, sound should be perfect.  I have mentioned it here and there to them, but nobody has ever gotten back to me on it.  Some of dictations sound like there's a piece of sheet metal being slammed with a hammer.  Not good.  And with ASR, it's really a mess. Oh well, probably getting out of this business anyway. ...

I Hate To Sound . .
Mar 30, 2010

like an idiot, but would someone kindly tell where in the h*ll to find the information on the schedule change?  i have yet to find it or the swap board and CCM not returning any emails.  any insight/info would be appreciated.  thanking in advance.    ...

DSG- Sound Quality
Jul 18, 2010

I'm trying to troubleshoot something.  Does anyone else have sound-quality issues on DSG dictations?  Just curious if I should seriously have this looked at on my end.  It's not all reports, but enough so that I need to look into it one way or the other.  If I'm the only one, I'll hire someone to look into this.  I have no problems with audio otherwise, just work-wise. ...

Sound Card
Oct 07, 2010

I have a question about sound cards.  I have taken 3 typing tests and even accepted a position that I had to give up because the sound quality is so bad that I can't understand what they are saying.  Is it possible that it is my sound card that is causing this?  I have a new Dell computer purchased in July of this year.  What is the best sound card to use for transcription?  Appreciate any help from anyone.      ...

Does This Sound Correct?
Nov 01, 2010

The anterior segment is improving, however it is requiring the use of Restasis twice a day along with sustained balanced four times a day and GenTeal gel in the evening.  Not sure if sustained balanced is correct? Thanks! ...

This Does Not Sound Correct
Nov 26, 2010

it was felt that the hemolytic event was taking was taking place systematically, accounting for the instability of the patient's hct and hgb.  The "entaric/enteric but loss was probably not secondary to GI bleeding. The patient had ulcers in the stomack, duodenum.  I thought it might enteric but that does not seem to fit. ...

Dosent Sound Right
Jan 05, 2011

The sentence I think she said is.... The right renal vein and artery were desective clear and ligated. What do you think it is??? I though maybe dissection, but that dosen't sound right. ...

Sound Clarity
Jul 25, 2011

Does anyone work for a company that has digital sound or really good sound quality because I've had 2 jobs in a row where the sound is terrible.  It's miserable listening to this all day long.  I think Winscribe is just a bad system. ...

Can The Sound Quality
Sep 07, 2011

I've done this account forever and even the guys who were always clear now sound like they are dictating through a wet paper bag, with pebbles in their mouths.  Have they switched to India Bell? ...