A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Keystrokes ad says they are "rolling back the clocks," so nm - Will they pay 1980s wages too?

Posted: May 29, 2014

Doubtful

I spoke to my manager a few days ago and she told me that sm - long time KS MT

[ In Reply To ..]
they do not like the way that the industry has been going and that they are going to be taking a more personal approach, not having a non-transcription person doing hiring. The last person there didn't care about anything and wouldn't listen to anything. I don't think anyone will pay 1980s wages. I wish.

Well when I worked for them a few sm - years ago

[ In Reply To ..]
they supplied me with a C-phone that did not work and it took them so long to try to fix the problem, I finally quit and I was very disappointed by the way things were handled. Otherwise I would apply again to them. Although maybe they have their act together now. We can only hope!

Re: Non-transcriptionist hiring. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
Does that mean JD is gone?

Keystrokes- - kind of odd

[ In Reply To ..]
now there is the post they are laying off. How long have they been in business? Was it before 1980?
Only 4 people were actually laid off and not transcriptionists. sm - Long-time KS MT
[ In Reply To ..]
JD was a nightmare to deal with. I am glad she is gone. I heard one was a Chartnet guy and a CSS person. If it's who I think, it would be a good move. The other was sales, but I don't know her. I know a few people moved positions, but that's normal in any company. Yes, they have been in business a long, long time. I talked to the owner a week ago, and I know she has great hopes for transcription outlook, and her optimism was contagious.
Shows how bad things are to be excited about returning to wags of 30 years ago! - Rose
[ In Reply To ..]
Her 'optimism"..... - smsm
[ In Reply To ..]
...is a bunch of bs and subject to change on a whim. Worst company I ever worked for. Run (from the so-called "trainers", to the flaky QA, to management) by the terminally rude and incompetent. Very glad to be gone.

It does indeed. - Bye-bye JD

[ In Reply To ..]
x
Disappointed in Keystrokes - Long time MT-NY
[ In Reply To ..]
I was hired by Keystrokes around Thanksgiving on a straight typing account that was "swamped." It took almost a month to actually be up and running only to find out after another month that there was no work except for two doctors we couldn't transcribe because there was a girl in the office. And when I asked what was going on I was told I could have an editing account as a backup...though I told them I only wanted straight typing. I learned after I left that they had lost the account. I had high hopes for the job based on what JD told me.

Similar Messages:

Thinking Of Going Back To Keystrokes But They Constantly Ran Out Of Work! Sm
Feb 15, 2015

I took a job with another company thinking the grass was greener because the accounts were major and the work was there but the platform sucks and QA is picky as hell.  I am a good MT and been doing this years, years in QA with taking MT jobs now because the QA jobs are not there. This is my sole income and I can't survive.  I like the platform and steady checks at Keystrokes but the work just wasn't coming in, they wouldn't give me a secondary, and they continually hire ...

What's With The Time Clocks?
May 16, 2012

Why are some MTSOs keeping track of our time if we are paid for production only? ...

Time Clocks
Jun 12, 2013

Does anyone have to use a time clock where after you have entered your daily line counts it makes you sit and wait 3 minutes before you can clock out?  I asked the supervisor - no response.  ...

Nuance Nasties Keep Rolling Out -
Jul 01, 2013

The hits keep coming.  In June, Nuance spent thousands of dollars sending out "wellness" packages to teach us how to balance our work, home and recreational life to make us balanced individuals and more productive in our work like -- Can anyone say Nazi, Hitler, Big Brother, Communist China in the same sentence?  Pitched the entire package.  Their solution to "balancing" our recreational time is now to rework everyone's PTO...you guessed it!  With all the pay ...

GRID - Get Rolling In The Dough
Jun 25, 2015

I'd like to hear from Nuance MT's that received this email the other day...and hear how it made you feel....thanks ...

Does Anyone Ever Hear Back Anymore From Jobs Posted? In The Past I Always Heard Back Even If I Was N
Dec 10, 2012

Back To Work After Back Surgery
Aug 23, 2012

Hello, I would like to transcribe from home again. However, I HAVE to get up and walk for a few minutes at least once an hour. You see, I had to have 2 back surgeries in the last 18 months. I've been a transcriptionist for many years and this is my profession. Does anyone have a suggestion what to tell these companies that will hire you to work from home when you have to get up so much? The last company I tried had a "pop-up" box that appeared on my screen if you were up longer than 10 min ...

Dang It - DQS Back Up But My Job Did Not Come Back To Me.
Mar 31, 2011

. ...

I'm Back...I'm Back In The Saddle Again!!!!
Jul 02, 2014

Back to being an MT, and yes, I am excited about that. ...

Keystrokes....
Nov 05, 2009

I know that there have been many negative posts concerning Keystrokes.  Is this Meditech platform that they use difficult to catch onto?  ...

Keystrokes 100% QA
Feb 15, 2010

I'm new to Keystrokes and just found out I barely didn't pass my very first audit to get off 100% QA.  Does anybody know how long they give you to get this 98% passing score before they fire you? ...

DD For Keystrokes?
Jul 01, 2010

I have given notice but including today have 2 checks coming.  To my surprise, the deposit is not in my account today. Has anyone else not gotten their DD from Keystrokes? ...

Keystrokes Help
Apr 27, 2010

I was wondering if anybody knew who I'd contact about trying to add secondary accounts to work on.  I've sent a couple of emails out but I'm not sure I sent them to the right people. ...

Keystrokes Job
May 28, 2010

Read the job opening for Keystrokes and also talked with the recruiter.  Can anybody here who works(ed) for and Keystrokes give real, hands-on experience for working for them?  I've had many instances where how it really is isn't how the recruiter said it would be and don't want to get burned again.   I'd really like to know the good and bad about the company upfront before I decide whether or not to accept the job.  Please don't ...

Keystrokes And VR?
Aug 27, 2010

Does anyone know if Keystrokes uses VR?  I am working with VR at the currently company I am working for and I don't like it.  I'm considering applying with Keystrokes.  ...

KEYSTROKES AGAIN!!
Jun 18, 2011

Seems some companies just do not learn after being sued for unpaid overtime.  Here is another one filed on June 2, 2011 - Whitaker v Keystrokes Transcription - here is the link http://docs.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/illinois/ilndce/1:2011cv03734/256349/1/     ...

Over 90,000 Keystrokes
Nov 10, 2010

and QA dings me for one.  Unbelievable.  That's what it averages for 1400 lines a day full-time.  Even with 3 cups of coffee and an office chair seat belt, it's no easy feat.  Ninety-thousand keystrokes PER DAY.  That's not including the ADT, the Internet look-ups, etc.  Throw me a bone here, QA. How many keystrokes to you do, PERFECTLY?? ...

OSI And Keystrokes
Jan 17, 2011

Just wondering about OSI and Keystrokes.  I recently have applied to both of these and looks like I could be hired by either one (have already done the testing).  Could anyway tell me how they are to work for.  Do they do voice recognition? And anyone know their pay rates? ...

Keystrokes W-2's
Jan 21, 2011

Has anyone from KS heard yet when they will be mailing out the W-2's?  ...

Anyone Has Gotten Their W2 Yet From Keystrokes?
Jan 28, 2011

Just wondering if anyone has gotten their W2 yet from Keystrokes? ...

Any One Know If Keystrokes Sent Out
Mar 04, 2011

for reimbursement for overdraft fees?  would be curious to know  . . . thanking you in advance ...

Keystrokes Sm
Sep 16, 2011

Noticed they posted a job for the night shift.  For those who have worked this shift or are working this shift for Keystrokes, is there enough work.  Seems never to be enough work and that would be murder staying away for no work.   :-/ ...

Keystrokes?
Feb 08, 2012

Does anyone have any information on this company?  ...

Keystrokes Anyone???
Apr 25, 2012

Does anyone work for Keystrokes that has any information about the company?  Really need some input....Tks ...

I Think I Got The Job With Keystrokes!!!
May 14, 2012

Please, no negative talk....somebody be positive and be happy with me.  ...

How Much SR Is There At Keystrokes?
Jun 06, 2012

Was told by recruiter the account was about 50/50? Think this would be a typical assumption of their accounts? (Have been told this before and it was way highter...like in the 90/10 range). Thanks in advance. ...

What Will I Like About Keystrokes?
Jun 12, 2012

Yes, I know there are negatives regarding just about every MT company, but I am just about to start with Keystrokes and I'm trying to stay positive and be excited about it, so I would love to hear the good stuff about working for the company and what I can look forward to as I get started. Thanks guys!! ...

Anyone Doing VR At Keystrokes
Jun 21, 2012

How is it? The trainer says it is one of the easiest platforms to learn on if you've never done it. Said the threshold is set high at like 85% (not sure what that means) and it proves to be very lucrative for some. Anyone have any experience with it they could share? Not only am I new to Keystrokes, totally new to VR as well. Thanks in advance! ...

Keystrokes - Is It Still The Same?
Jul 16, 2013

Many years ago I worked there for a short time because their voice files were of such poor quality. Is it still the same? ...

Anyone Know About Keystrokes? How Much
Nov 06, 2013

do they pay. Ad says they pay per hour.  Applied to them.  Would like some feedback please? ...