A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

TTD - Recent info...not somebody's bad experience over 2 years ago - just the facts please

Posted: May 28, 2012

I find it frustrating that some MTs are completely unhappy with this company and yet you find threads of MTs who are happy. ?? How can it be both ways.    I would like to hear from someone who is HAPPY with transcription doctors.  Not smart off comments from people who are just feeding off the threads of others.  Just because a hiring process is easy, does not mean it is a bad company.  As far as the 6 weeks to get the first check...that is in the initial paperwork we received, so that's not an issue.    Could someone who is with them and happy, getting paid....give me some info.  Recent info...not somebody's bad experience over 2 years ago.   I would like facts, not opinions as opinions are what they are....OPINIONS! 

Just my own experience - M. Williams

[ In Reply To ..]
And yes, I have no problem putting my name on this reply as it is true, as far as my own experience with TTD hired as a QA. I resigned from TTD approx. 2 months ago not due to not getting paid, but because the pay was so low (for QA anyway). I will post this under the 1st Amendment and Freedom of Information Act. A QA is just that - quality assurance; I felt more like that janitorial crew. The "MTs" and yes, I use the term loosely in this case, would send/pend files that were just, well, to be honest, my granddaughter could have done a better job. As much I would tell management (as informing management was part of the job), it didn't matter - these same people were released from QA to send to the client; misspelled words, wrong words, omitted words, incorrect numbering, incorrect format, etc. One time I sent feedback to an MT who consistently had the numbering incorrect if past #3. She sent the file to QA and asked that QA "ensure the numbering is correct." Of course, here were many other things wrong with this file, but someone to ask another to ensuring the numbering was correct just dumbfounded me. I don't do well with dumbfounded, so in my feedback I stated, words to this effect - Do we not know our numbering system? This person cried to the owner, the owner sent an email out to all the MTs asking if anyone had received harsh or rude feedback - of course, my name turned up numerous times. So, I was disabled/relieved from my position. I had other work, so that didn't bother me. What DID bother me was rather than taking into account the 100s of feedback that was sent out regarding just plain sloppy work across the board (and mind you - the MTs are paid more than the QA, yet are allowed to turn in trash)and dealing with those "MTs" - the easiest was to remove someone who (stupid me) actually cared about quality.. cared about ensuring that the host company/facility received accurate documents. About 9 months later, they came back and offered my position again. I accepted under a mutual agreement with regard a few things. However, a year after that I resigned as I felt some things just were not going to change and for my own sanity and gastric lining, it was for the best.
As a QA one is expected to pretty much redo what others have done and were paid for at a much higher rate. Plus the fact, we had to keep our own log sheet of all the files we worked, job #, account, MT, # of lines w/in the report; this log sheet is turned in at the end of the payperiod. I signed up to work 3rd shift; however, I worked 1st and 2nd and typically these shifts were not covered. There is no schedule, EXCEPT 3rd shift. Everyone could log on and off at will; EXCEPT 3rd shift. I worked 7 days a week, covered other shifts when people were out - no extra pay, no shift differential - nothing. So, after preparing the log sheet by job done daily, providing feedback (which I sent through management), moving to different accounts constantly (which on escription takes a while) - there was just no $ in it.
So, there are 3 reasons - lack of $ and lack of management support and overall poor quality files being sent to the client.
I have emails of other MTs and QAs both that had not received their checks - usually they were late, but some never did receive them - again, that is what was told to me and there would be no reason to lie about it.. to what end?
The owner will not use a phone for any reason. Many times inflections are misleading in IM or email, and there would be miscommunication. However, had the discussion been by phone, ill-feelings would not have arisen, as one can simply explain themselves.
True, there is no testing to get into this company - the motto being "Sink or Swim." Again, my feeling, to what end? If one is not caught or audited by the host company (TTD does not do audits), all is ok. Overall, to me there was no organization. Also, the account specs are pretty massive and differ. The MT can just pend for whatever reason, rather than spend time ensuring a quality file; however, QA must play clean up for much, much less.
If one does not care about quality, TAT, self-esteem, or anything else, this would be the company for them. If one does value their sanity, want to mentor others in doing what is accurate, take pride in this profession and what they do, and enjoy having a healthy intestinal lining, one might want to reconsider.
There were also a few other issues that just didn't set well with me that would be inappropriate to post on a public forum, so as the saying goes - if you don't like it, leave. So I did. But that's me.

I'd like to add something - Snow Bunny

[ In Reply To ..]
I used to work for a service that was handing over new accounts to *** (owner of TTD). It reached the point if work dried up in our "regular accounts," there was nothing for us, since *** was getting everything.

From my personal experience and everything I've read, TTD reminds me of a pitcher plant. Do a Google search of this and I think you'll make the connection.

*** Edited by Moderator : No Personal Names ***

Re your own experience - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
I bet the quality of work being produced has something to do with the cpl being paid. You know the old saying, "Pay peanuts, get monkeys!"

To OldPro - M.Williams

[ In Reply To ..]
True regarding the cpl; however, one would think if one proved themselves competent in this field, i.e., quality reports, working regularly, little to no issues from the host company or the client, "management" would see this and pay accordingly. However, Amy and Dawn really have very little clue what anyone does with regard quality. Dawn knows only with those files she herself reviews; however, the only thing Amy does is payroll and a few other management type things. Which is fine, I don't expect the owner in the "trench" per se. However, I must say it's pretty upsetting when 1 "MT" or "QA" gets paid the same as regardless when they work, how much they work, the quality of work produced, etc. Those that turn out garbage (which is typical) and can't count, are paid the same as someone who actually might verify a word, use spellcheck and take pride in what they do. By not recognizing those that do care - ever - the potential is there for their work to go down the shute. I suppose pride could be an incentive, but pride doesn't keep one stocked up on Marlboro and coffee for the 16-18 hours worked. I suppose the best thing, so one can see for themselves, is to work with them. Not like one needs to take a test or anything. As someone aptly stated, all one needs is a pulse to work there. Who knows, may be with all the negative statements, they may turn themselves around; the potential I believe is there for a good company; however, management either doesn't know how to get it to that point or they don't care, as long as their purses are lined.
M. Williams - Old Pro
[ In Reply To ..]
What you say may well be true, but you should not be posting names of people here on the board. No, I am not a mod, but it is just bad form to do that. Nonetheless, I do hope that the situation turns itself around. Good luck to you!
To OldPro - M. Williams
[ In Reply To ..]
You're right about the name posting. I have never done that before; I guess I was following the masses on this one. The situation turned itself around after I resigned. I am working with 2 wonderful companies that do care and appreciate the MTs. QA paid hourly with shift differential, constant audits being performed, pay is excellent. There is a schedule in place, but that's ok also - they are flexible with it. There is plenty of work. And, both of these companies are very well organized, not to mention pay is accurate and on time. I am at a very happy place now.. my gastric lining has healed.
I will say, however, I believe those that have posted with horrible experiences with TTD, if they had the intestinal fortitude to put their own name to a post, it might go further or be recognized as being true and accurate. This "flaming" a company and making statements w/out their real names, although I believe what is being posted, doesn't hold much credibility. Again, tho, that's just me.

Response to Just My Own Experience - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
It sounds like your granddaughter could have done better QA also, as it sounds like you were not very good at it.

If you want "facts" - why not just go to work for

[ In Reply To ..]
them? Their hiring process is easy and if you have any experience they will probably hire you. Maybe your results will be better than some.

Whatever - sm - M. Williams

[ In Reply To ..]
You could be right.. right in the fact that I have little patience for those that consistently crank out horrible files for someone else to redo; when the numbering is not even accurate! How hard is it to number listed items?? But, you know what? It's not my business literally or figuratively what they do or don't do, the quality (or lack thereof) of their files, their pay, production or anything else. Someone simply asked for facts, and that's what I gave them...the truth. I resigned and moved on.
Whatever - sm - MTKing
[ In Reply To ..]
I think I know who you are, you are the person that doesn't understand the difference between being offered another positon in the company vs being let go. If your who I think you are, TTD is better off. You were difficult to work with, an MT with no quality and never read your feedback or obviously you wouldn't have been making the same mistakes over and over again.

Not every company is for everyone. We all have our fit, but when we see something doesn't fit, we move on, not rant and rave and make up lies on an MT site!

If TTD was such a bad place to work, why did you accept and stay with us? In my opinion, they should have let you go long before you left. I pity the next company you work for as you are "sue happy" and want to make everyone look bad to make yourself feel better. Good thing you work from home and not with the public because I pity the person that has to deal with your "issues". Get some help and counseling and you'll be a much happier person for it.

I have been working for TTD for over 2 years and NEVER had any of the issues this person and other people say that have. It is made up stories in a ploy to deter good MTs from considering a job with them. I wouldn't be with this company if they were as bad as this person says they are. I don't own the company, but I sure wouldn't work for someone who didn't pay me or pay me late regularly.

Smart people out there see right through you and are calling you for what it is. Get a life and find a new profession.
These "stories" are not made up. Why are "you" hiring all the time if it's - such a great place to work?
[ In Reply To ..]
Could it be because of:

The insulting pay?
The fact that you are only an overflow company?
The clueless, disorganized fashion you go about doing business?
The complete lack of feedback?
The ridiculous panic e-mails from Dawn?

The list goes on and on.....
To MTKing's response to Whatever - M. Williams
[ In Reply To ..]
Hmmm.. I am thinking you aren't real bright here. You THINK you know who I am??? I posted my name right on all my posts, so what's to think about. Just what I would expect, however, from someone working with TTD. Even in a forum I note lack of attention to detail. Furthermore, lashing out as you did, is not very professional. As I mentioned in my post above, that was my own personal experience. Ask the 2 in charge if what I am saying was made up. I also have countless emails and copies of the feedback that I have sent out. Also, the only provider I have sued was one of my locals. Furthermore, if you knew me, you would know that my work ethics are outstanding, the quality of my files (transcribbling and QAing)well above the expected/required range, I worked normally 10-15 hours a day with TTD. So, my feeling, MTKing, is that you really don't know me. I would also like to add, as stated above in my post, I resigned and I stated why. If you don't believe me, ask D or A. But, I can see where you would be upset - you are probably the one that cannot count accurately past 3. I would also mention, if you feel this strongly in your accusations, why hide behind an alias? What I see is lack of attention to detail and lack of intestinal fortitude. But, again, that's me.
To MTKing, I AM THE ONE WHO WILL BE SUE HAPPY - IF I DO NOT GET PAID sm
[ In Reply To ..]
You saw the email so you know who I am. I'm none of these other posters on this forum. But, I saw you accusing someone else so I decided to speak up. Take your kiss butt attitude somewhere else because there are MANY of us in the same situation, being owed money. You can't believe it because you happen to not be in our situation, but I guarantee if you were owed money and all of a sudden were out of a job you'd be squawking just as loudly if not moreso than the rest of us. We get that you're a TTD cheerleader but it leaves a bad taste in the mouths of those who are depending on those paychecks to come in. Yes, I will, without a doubt, sue if I don't get paid. I've done it before successfully and I'll do it again. Go toddle off and tell Amy that!

SM, people like you in any business should work at home and not with people. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
For one to judge ever so harsly with a comment like that, it is inexcusable. You have absolutely no basis on your horrid comment. Someone who posts something like this when one was telling her story of frustrations with the job of QA and for this person to make a horrid comment like that makes one wonder who they are and who they work for...or just one of those who is better off working at home because they definitely are psychosocial...or the typist who cannot count.
ANON - - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
You are absolutely right - people like me should work at home, and people like you should work inhouse so that you can be observed on a daily basis.
SM. I can be observed on a daily basis, I have nothing to hide. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I performed my job and 'other duties as assigned' in order to represent the hospital on an upfront respectful caring employee. I did not sit at home and use initials or a number and criticize that which I knew nothing about. We all have constructive criticism. Learn how to listen. Some people know no work etics and are just disrespectful.

Just the facts-sm - Weary MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I've been following the sage/threat about TTD because I work for them. I have not been with them very long, but so far I have been paid and on time. I do get QA feedback and my questions to my supervisor get answered. I need the job. I was thrilled when I got hired so quickly and that I have plenty of work. However, I realize that I need to take note of the company's reputation. I had been out of work for months. I applied to many, many MT companies. Most never answered and those that did offered me peanuts for pay. I have years of experience and I take pride in my work. This was my first job offer of any significance I took it. Is it perfect? No.

It's a sad state of affairs for sure. I am busy trying to train myself on their software. No training whatsoever. Just told to look in the help section. That is a first for me! One day I think I am ok and going to work hard and learn this and do a great job and then I read the posts and I get very discouraged and feel foolish. I check the job board quite often. I do not see much. Right now I am going to continue to work for TTD rather than test, interview, write cover letters for companies that do not even both to answer me. This morning I started working and then read the MT Stars posts and now it is difficult to know what to do. I'm rambling. I'm walking on shifting sand along with a lot of other good MTs.

Just the facts - gonna try

[ In Reply To ..]
I am like you and plan to give them a shot. Some seasoned MTs think they are better than they are and when companies don't work the way "they" think they should, they bash them. I would imagine it is mostly QA people who have issues because they are the "know it alls" of the business. I won't mind working for a place that is not perfect. If there are issues, I am hoping to make it a better place to work by doing my best. I am like you, I am tired of job searching....testing....etc..... I say give it a shot and see what happens.

thank you-sm - Weary MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Gonna try, your post helped me a lot. Back to work I go. Good luck to you!

Please do not paint us all with the same brush - TTDMT/QA

[ In Reply To ..]
Not all of the QAs think they are know-it-alls, and we do not all think that we are better than the MTs just because we get to correct their work. I have worked with TTD off and on for several years, and have never had any of the problems that I see people complaining about. I can tell you that, for myself, anyway, I try to send constructive feedback to all MTs so that they might use it as a tool for improvement, rather than chastising and putting them down.

Weary MT - Annie

[ In Reply To ..]
My (unasked for) opinion is that you are doing the right thing to stay. Once, many moons ago, I took a job with a company that was notorious for running out of work. Well, not only did I not run out of work, I actually had overtime anytime I wanted it! The reason I am telling you this is that not everyone's experience is the same with each company. I am on the West Coast and the company I worked for here (I am retired now) got bashed from time to time on this very board. If I had listened to what the naysayers said, I would not have taken the job and I would not have been able to support my family. As it was, I took a chance on a company everyone had been bashing, and it worked beautifully for me. Just shows to go ya......

just the facts - gonna try

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you for your post. I totally agree with you. I don't plan on missing an opportunity because of someone else's experience. Thanks again!

Take it for what it's worth - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked for this company and resigned my position when I was offered another job. My experience with this company was nothing but horrible. I worked as QA and the quality of the reports is mediocre at best. It's not fair for the QA to get paid less than MTs that are producing sub par work. My other trouble is that this is a parasite company. They cannot even get their own accounts. After my resignation, I am still owed 3 paychecks. I have posted on may of the other threads as well. Friday, I filled a claim against this company and then in my email this morning was an email from another MT that is owed money from this company with the name of the attorney handling this case. He is filing suits for 19 people thus far against this company. I also have an email from a former company that they were a parasite to and was let go because of the quality of work. Just be forewarned that hopefully this company will be shut down.

[ In Reply To ..]
I appreciate your response. My only concern would be the late pay. I'm not concerned about QA getting less than MTs....The pay is told before you start so that isn't an issue. If MTs want to turn out bad reports, it's part of the QAs job description to fix them.......that is what quality assurance means...Yes, the MTs should do a better job, but if it gets to you and you have to fix lots of stuff...you either continue to do it or quit.
You may not like how MUCH you have to correct and check, but that is the job. Sloppy work is the nature of the beast, but it's a reflection on the MTs who produce the sloppy work, not the company itself.

Like I said, late pay is the only thing I am worried about and time will tell. There are complaints about this company, yet others who say they have gotten paid on time. I believe it is different for everyone. If I don't get paid, I will quit. This is not my only job...I'm an IC and in this industry of uncertainty, it is just good sense to have more than 1 account to work on. Thank you for the info, I appreciate your input.

Just the facts - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Do you realize that when and if you do quit or have your ID disable, you will be owed 3 paychecks that you will never see.

Yes, my checks were on time for the first three months and then they steadily got later and later.

I understand that fixing reports is QA job but not retyping them because large chunks of information was left out. The poor work of the MTs that were off QA was embarrassing.

I am actually in a management job now and our practice is if we have a resume that the MT or QA has worked at Transcription Doctors it is deleted. This company is known as a parasite company and that produces poor quality.

[ In Reply To ..]
Do you realize how silly you sound to say that you delete resumes from a company that according to you victimizes it's MTs. If that's true, why wouldn't you say..poor person like me...and give them a job. If it's all the company's fault like you say, then why would you blame the MT and delete their resume. ????? Didn't you start looking for a job after you quit. What if someone deleted YOUR resume based on where you worked before. That doesn't even make sense.
Once again, QA does what QA does. All I ever hear from QA people are complaints. Good grief. If you don't like "quality assuring" MT's reports..then QUIT! Stop complaining about the very profession that you are apart of. I don't get it. You guys act like you work for free. You might retype some reports, but you don't retype ALL of them like you make it sound.
Anyway, like I said...they won't owe me THREE checks because I will quit before it gets that far. It's worth a shot for me. I'm not hard up...I'm taking a chance and hoping that it works out for me like it has for some out there.
The perks of being an at-home MT is NOT THE PAY. It is being at home! You have to take the good with the bad....I'm moving forward.
Gonna try - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
We have given MTs that have been employed with TTD a chance, most can't score high enough on the test for a basic account. They are not the only company that we don't take resumes from. There are many companies out there that are known for taking whatever they can get and don't care about quality. I can promise we are not the only company that grades your experience based on what company you worked for.

You obviously haven't read the pay schedule too closely. You are paid for work you did 6 weeks ago, thus why everyone that has either resigned or been disabled is owed 3 checks. You need to pay a little more closer attention. I started looking for work while I still was with them and yes I did not put TTD on my resume because of the bad reputation they have. Trust me employers read these boards and know what is going on. This has been going on for years with them and no one has ever stepped up and took them to court. I applaud the group of MTs that are taking them to court.

There are certain responsibilities that fall on the MTs and when they leave it for QA to do, yes, we do complain. When I was at TTD, more than 80% of the reports had to be completely redone, that is way above average. There should be some recourse for MTs that are continually corrected on the same mistakes. Like reputable companies, there is repercussions from warnings, not getting paid for a job, to termination. TTD has nothing in place, thus their sub par work, high turnover, and inability to get their own accounts.

I have an email from another former MT that was just awarded judgment again TTDs. She let everyone else know that they don't even have a backbone to stand up in court because they know what they are doing is wrong.

Good luck!
Hey Gonna Try, KNOCK YOURSELF OUT, but know - that you have been warned! sm
[ In Reply To ..]
To other posters here, there is NO SENSE in even bothering to try to reason with this person. She'll figure it out for herself when she ends up in the same boat as the rest of us being owed money and having had worked under the worst of circumstances. If she's not bright enough to read the trail of posts of MANY people who TTD has taken advantage of then she's not the brightest light bulb to begin with. Don't waste anymore keystrokes on such an obvious ding-a-ling!
Why on earth would you make yourself a target of opportunity on purpose?! - Hayseed
[ In Reply To ..]
Think REALLY hard on this. Look at all the people who have come forward saying they have been screwed over.

You will be working for free. Who is going to pursue a few hundred bucks due to them in small claims court, over multiple state lines, especially when the court fees usually START at $500? They know the odds, so they will continue to get away with it until people decide to stop being victims.

How does that saying go? "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result each time."
I'll certainly pursue a suit over a couple thousand dollars! That is what - I am owed. Hayseed, would YOU sm
[ In Reply To ..]
take legal action if you were owed that much money?

Please email me as I'm in the same situation being owed - 3 paychecks. I would like sm

[ In Reply To ..]
to talk to whoever the attorney is and get on board, too!

TTD/LAW SUIT - TTD NO MO

[ In Reply To ..]
My question is and yes, I resigned quite a while ago from this company as they are a substandard/no standard MTSO, why if one is no longer working there and there are law suits, and people are posting all this stuff, why does no one sign their name to what they say - except for the one poster who did.
Also, to the individual who was talking about QA knowing it all or thinking they knew it all, I have worn both hats for over 3 decades. Daily I learn something new and that's what keeps it exciting and every document different. I do think it is pretty bad tho that many MTs will not bother to look something up or find something in lay person's forum and use it without verifying spelling or even if it is the correct word. I do know that out of all the companies I have worked with, TTD by far has no concept regarding quality. They hire whatever moves and let them send to the client, and there are many, many complaints by the host company, as well as the client regarding their work. I also know that they have lost many, many accounts just over the past 1 year due to quality issues and were removed from Chase accounts not to long ago, although they were brought back, but I understand that Chase is reviewing what TTD people are doing. I guess using TTD is like offshoring - but not. Personally, I would much rather take a test, interview, and a company ensure that I knew what I was doing and was more than just a breathing body. Not to say that all the files are 100% accurate from these companies, but at least there is some element of weeding out the "wanna be MT." I am amazed tho how many people will actually work with or continue to work with such a company with all the law suits, poor reviews, complaints, etc. Amazing what some will do for a few cents.

Think about this: Why does a company CONSTANTLY hire? And it's NOT because of new accts - That right there is all you need.

[ In Reply To ..]
You guys and gals are smarter than that. If a company is constantly hiring, there is a reason for it - they can't keep employees! Why? Well, that answer has been repeated by several people many, many times here. Kudos for those of you who think for yourselves, but honestly, it's not worth your time and definitely not worth any money you may see...

TTD- just the facts please - MTKing

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been working for TTD for over 2 years and I love working here. Do not go by posts that have been made with girls with "sour grapes". They were not fired, they were offered a new account on a different platform and they didn't want it, so hence, the bad posts. The facts weren't all presented.

But anyway, I am doing MT and QA work and have never had a problem with them nor has my pay been short or late. Very easy to get along with and very fair people. I highly recommend a position here if your thinking about it. I love the flexibility too.

Your are the ONE TTD cheerleader here, so what does that mean? - Are you trying to score brownie points? sm

[ In Reply To ..]
No one else here is making wonderful claims about TTD. I mean, really, we all know by now TTD is a lousy company, poorly run, the owner is more concerned about herself than making sure her business is sound, her staff are paid, and quality is paramount. She just doesn't care. Today, she claimed that more Chartnet IDs were disabled on staff because of low production or poor quality. Rubbish! When a company gives NO training and NO feedback what do you expect. Take it down the road, girl. No one with a right mind is listening to you.

Similar Messages:

To All The MTs Out There With 20 Plus Years' Experience
Jan 11, 2010

Could you please tell me HOW you did it?  Nevermind the decreasing pay or anything like that.  I'm talking how did you do it PHYSICALLY?  I'm 10 years in, love the nature of the work, etc.  However, I feel beat up from head to toe after only 10 years and while I'd love to stick it out another 10 or 20, assuming it's still a viable option, I just don't know if I could do it.  I'm healthy, pretty fit, but my entire lower legs are constantly ac ...

5 Years Experience
Mar 28, 2013

How is a person supposed to get a job when everyone wants 5 years experience? So I have to work another three years for the place that I am working before I can get a better job? By that time MT's will be totally obsolete. I feel like quiting.   ...

I Wonder Why You Need 5+ Years' Experience For
Oct 15, 2014

only 1 year for Acute Care if apparently Acute care is more difficult?  ???? ...

15+ Years Experience And Can Not Get Employment
Mar 23, 2010

I worked for Viera Diagnostic in Viera, Florida for the past 3 years. I broke my leg recently and they said they didn't need me anymore, as I need physical therapy three times a week to insure mobility in the future. I have over 15 years experience and cannot find a job. Anyone have any ideas. I did one test for one company, they said I did not pass. I am wondering if I should throw in the towel. I love this work and feel that I am a very good transcriptionist. Any ideas are welcome. ...

$8.65 An Hour W/35 Years Experience
Sep 28, 2010

that's what I averaged last week; a disgrace is what it is ...

My Experience Is 3 Years Old, How Do I Get Back In?
Jan 13, 2011

I worked in transcription for 20+ years. My last job was for 16 years, acute care and lots of specialty experience, ESL, radiology. But, I have not worked for 3 years. I can't seem to get a bite. I want to be a full time employee. I have an explanation for my hiatus on my resume. Also, does it detract because I have a Bachelor's degree listed on my resume? THANKS GUYS ...

Looking For Work, Over 7 Years Experience
Sep 02, 2014

I have had less volume at work recently at the place I have been working for over the past 4 years.  Im ready to move on but I want to find the right place for me.  Ive done some hospital and acute care work in the past and didn't care for it.  For the last 4 years Ive done clinic work, mostly ortho, and would like to find a place that will put me on clinic accounts only.  I need steady work and at least .08 a line.  Does anyone have any suggestions of companies the ...

Just Failed A Test (25 Plus Years Experience)
Jun 22, 2010

I must be getting too old for this and losing grey cells.  Totally ashamed. I thought the testing was difficult, but.... Either retirement or change of career may be in store for me. ...

Offered 8 Cpl At SoftScript For 20 Years Experience.
Jan 05, 2011

Has anyone said that was not enough and have them counter offer with more?  I don't plan on working for SS (I saw way too many complaints on the other board about them), but what about future offers which I suspect will not be any higher?  I saw on the resume board what I consider way too many willing to work for 7 cpl with plenty of experience.  Is it likely they will pay more when others are willing to work for so much less?  And many of these 7 cpl were IC.  Al ...

How Long Should An MT With 10+ Years Experience Expect To Be On
Apr 26, 2011

Sometimes I wonder with companies who pay an MT less while they are on full QA, if they don't simply keep that MT on QA for as long as possible to avoid paying the higher rate.  Has anyone ever pressed the QA issue? ...

6 Years Experience, But No Formal Training -HELP
Dec 07, 2012

Hi all, I have been doing MT on a contingent basis for the last 6 years for my mom (who used to run her own I/C company). For the past 3 years I've been a CNA and this past August had to choose between knee surgery to continue being a CNA or to find another line of work, I have 2 little girls, so I chose the later.  The problem I'm running into is it seems to be a requirement to have a degree or cert in MT/ME to find ANY thing in this field! Does anyone know of a company that doe ...

Failed MQ Test? 15 Years Experience? Anyone Else Have Trouble?
Jul 18, 2010

Anyone ever failed the Medquist Test. Do they let you see results?   I thought I did great, however, evidently not? I have 15 years experience.     ...

I REFUSE TO ACCEPT 7 TO 8 CPL WITH 20 YEARS EXPERIENCE-IT IS AN INSULT TO ME
Aug 11, 2010

I have been testing all week. Some companies will not even discuss pay until you take their tests. Then, I waste my time taking these tests only to be offered 7 and 8 cpl. It is absolutely offensive to me to offer me that low pay. You want all of my years of experience, but only want to pay "newbie" rates. I am completely and wholeheartedly giving up on this profession. ...

Have Satellite Internet. DO You Know Anyone Who Will Hire Me With 20+ Years Experience?
Jan 31, 2012

I moved to the country and now I have to use Satellite internet.  Are there any companies that will hire you with satellite internet?  ...

Years Of Experience Transcribing Psych Reports
Jul 19, 2012

Is there anyone here who can tell me for certain why so many companies want MTs to have 3-5 years experience for psych transcribing? I've transcribed many psych reports and they are not that difficult. Is there more involved when it is strictly psych doctors? Thanks to anyone who can enlighten me.  ...

I Have Not Worked In 6 Years, And Only Have 3 Months Experience, Is There Hope In Finding A Medical
Jul 05, 2012

I graduated from a local Technical College with a Certificate in Medical Transcription. I had spent a year searching for a company that would hire someone new, but had no luck. Then, out of the blue a local company had seen my resume and offered me a job. I got the job, but the thing was I was almost 7 months pregnant with my second child! I had only worked a couple months until our baby was born and after consideration, decided not to come back so I could be with our baby full-time. Well, it ha ...

Is InScribe LLC, Kentucky Changing; Anyone Recently Apply Or Been Hired Who Has Years Of Experience;
May 11, 2011

Okay, I know InScribe LLC (Kentucky) has been on the Boards multiple times (at least monthly, if not weekly, it seems), but I just noticed they have a “Premium” ad at the top of the Job Seeker’s Board.  I guess these “Featured Listings” are not free, as the other listings are.  If I remember correctly, most of the posts on the Boards have been by Newbies, because InScribe evidently is one of the few MTSOs that hire new graduates.  However, it appear ...

Does Anyone Have Info On Or Experience With Med Trans Inc?
Oct 14, 2009

Here is the link: http://www.medtransinc.com/employment.asp ...

Info/experience With Breitner
Apr 04, 2013

Hi!  I was just wondering if anyone here has info/experience with Breitner.  I'm looking for a new job and I don't want to make a mistake... Thanks in advance! ...

Any Experience Info On Zylomed Appreciated. NM
Mar 27, 2010

. ...

Chronicle Transcripts - Any Current Info Or Experience
May 31, 2011

Does anyone have any current info or experience regarding Chronicle?  The most recent posts I could find searching the site where from over a year ago. TIA for anyone who can share any info :) ...

After Years And Years Of Being IC, Obtained Employee Status At A Co. Sm
Nov 26, 2012

Thought that after not having enough work for a couple years now and always chasing work, I'd now have a "real job" as an employee and wouldn't have to worry about a steady paycheck and paying the bills anymore. The reason I thought this was because at the interview and in their professional company emails, they use all the "real job" words:  Shift, scheduled hours, overtime, PTO, benefits, etc.  I felt relieved to finally have a "job." What a big bunch of BS! I was "hired" ...

3 Years. Question: How Many More Years Do You Plan To Be An MT/editor?
Dec 20, 2013

There is much speculation about the field of transcription - how many of us actually plan to be here 5 years, 10 years, 20 years from now. I realize that the field is going to change, which will contribute to your answer. Will there be enough transcriptionists/editors to fill the need in 5 years and in 10 years? Will the industry be forced out of offshoring because of taxes? Will there be a need even for editors if VR gets better? These are all unanswered questions, but my question is, what ...

I Worked For M*Modal A Couple Of Years Ago Or So And I Worked For Medquist Several Years Ago.
Aug 08, 2014

Lately, I've been getting legal notices mailed to my home from I believe the east coast somewhere informing me of a class action lawsuit against M*Modal and inviting me to joint if I have a claim.  I don't think I have a claim, but then again with all the shady practices in this business, I'm not so sure.  I'm just curious what the heck is going on. Anyone care to give me the lowdown? ...

New Graduate - Experience In Transcription Is Experience
Nov 11, 2009

I am a new graduate and need to find a job! I am also new to this site. I got the site info from a friend that has been doing transcription work for many years. She has given me some leads, but as of now, nothing! It appears that most of these companies wnat 2 or more years experience. Does anyone know how I can start and get some experience? I suppose in anything and not just medical. Experience in transcription is experience, right? ...

Info On Accentus US Ambulatory? Is It Associated With Nuance? Any Info Appreciated. NmNm
Feb 18, 2014

Xx ...

CAN ANYONE GIVE ME INFO ON GLOBAL INFO SYSTEMS (GIS)
Jan 10, 2010

Looking for information about Global Info Systems.  Can anyone telll me anythihng about them.  Thank you. ...

Anyone Have Info/work For Global Info In Texas???
Jul 04, 2012

Need to know any info ASAP on I think its called Global Info Systems or something like that out of Texas. Lots of clinic work, but low low line rate offered. Need to know about management, stability, VR reality, workload, response from tech support, etc. Also, are these clinics in India? Thanks for any help! ...

If You Can't Get Course Info Without Leaving Info So They Can Call/spam You
Sep 12, 2012

It isn't easy to get off some of the spam and phone call lists when you click for more information about some of these courses. I've found that for me, it isn't worth it to get that information if I am giving up my privacy. Some of these people are relentless! You can't get away from them once they get your information. There is one in particular that makes sure you hear from them every day in one form or another. They become your best friend, even if you weren't lookin ...

I Am Now Getting My 9th CCM In 7.5 Years. I Have Had
Dec 04, 2009

horrible ESL accounts, horrible teaching facilities with residents who don't know how to dictate.  By the time you get used to them, they're gone.  I have been insulted by taking an enormous pay cut for the over rated, under performing ASR.  Through all of this, I have mostly been happy with my job.  Now, however, I will finally say that I hate MQ.  I hope they lose all their accounts to nice mom and pop people.  I hope they go bankrupt and have to move in ...