A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Have satellite internet. DO you know anyone who will hire me with 20+ years experience? - JJ

Posted: Jan 31, 2012

I moved to the country and now I have to use Satellite internet.  Are there any companies that will hire you with satellite internet? 

These days, it seems the satellite internet is far less - of a problem than the 20 years experience is.

[ In Reply To ..]
Hard to get a foot in the door when they (mistakenly) think you're going to retire in 2 or 3 years! As if, right?

Transcend - blondie

[ In Reply To ..]
I had to get satellite internet too when I moved. I work for Transcend now.

Related ?: Is wireless internet a dealbreaker? - Looking

[ In Reply To ..]
I have wired high-speed cable internet and am thinking of switching to AT&T or Qwest to save money, but they only offer WIRLESS internet. The hospital I used to work for said that we couldn't have a WIRELESS connection.

Is WIRELESS internet a dealbreaker for most companies, or was that hospital just quirky? Thanks!

I have one computer hard wired and the other on wireless, - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
and never had a problem working with 2 different companies on the wireless. The speed is a bit slower but it really wasn't that bad.

Satellite Internet - KP

[ In Reply To ..]
I have satellite internet and I have run into the problem that quite a few companies do not allow satellite internet. A few compnies that do allow satellite are SoftScript, Transcend, M*Modal, and Amphion. Amphions ads don't mention satellite, but when I called and asked they said it is okay with some of their platforms. Good luck to you!

Similar Messages:

Satellite Internet
Nov 13, 2011

Any companies that alloow satellite internet? There is no DSL or cable internet available at my new address. The only thing available is satellite. Right now, I'm having to go to my mother's to work so I really am considering trying to find a company that will allow satellite internet. ...

For Those Of You Who Use Satellite Internet...
Dec 06, 2011

What about the download limits they all seem to place on sat internet service.  Do you exceed these limits using it for working?  ...

Which Companies Let You Use Satellite Internet?
Dec 18, 2009

Does anyone have a list? I know more of them do NOT let you use satellite. ...

Can A Company Tell If You Use Satellite For Internet?
Jul 17, 2012

As well as your computer requirements?  My desktop does not meet the requirements, though pretty sure my laptop does, BUT I use satellite which on the hiring forms they sent me they said won't work....however I know for a fact that it will work with the platform I will be on with their company  (have done it with another company, no problems though the tech people had no clue and were shocked to hear it...but it works fine).  They will not be installing anything on my compute ...

Excede Satellite Internet
Jan 30, 2013

Hi !! Anyone out there using Excede Satellite Internet for transcription?  We are moving and my options for cable and DSL are very limited....I need any and all feedback I can get to make a decision, please.  Speed, reliability, etc.  Does it affect your production? Lag times?  Weather?  Thank you soooo very much for helping me !!! Cricket ...

Synernet And Satellite Internet
Jun 19, 2014

Is it possible to work for Synernet on satellite internet? I am not talking about the bottom-of-the-barrel speeds, but I have the top satellite speed package and have no trouble with Editscript right now. Just wanted to know this before I spend time applying and find out I could'nt work with their software. TIA. ...

Which Satellite Internet Provider?
Nov 06, 2014

I currently use Starband, an older satellite provider.  Where I live no DSL, cable or cell phone signal.  Starband just raised my monthly rate, so I am looking into switching.  I have Dish TV and see that they have internet satellite, but I don't know anyone who has this.  I have been doing transcription from home for 18 years and have used Starband since then.  I was wondering if any MTs work with satellite and which provider, and if they are satisfied with th ...

Focus - Why No Satellite Internet For EditScript?
Dec 04, 2009

I work on EditScript via satellite internet for another company.  Focus will not hire to work on EditScript if you have satellite, saying it is not compatible.  Anyone working for them with satellite?  I don't understand this, since the platform should be the same no matter which transcription company you access it through. ...

Does Anyone Know If Acusis Accepts Satellite Internet?
Dec 14, 2009

Does anyone know if Acusis accepts satellite internet?  I cannot seem to find that information on their website. Thank you!   ...

Looking For Companies That Work With Satellite Internet.
May 04, 2010

I have been with the same company for over three years now and we have recently switched to ASR.  I am really trying, but am not really enjoying it at all for a number of reasons. So, I am going to start looking for companies to possibly apply to.  My big problem is that I have satellite internet and I really would like to narrow the pool before I start contacting anyone. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

Anyone Work On Editscript And Have Satellite Internet?
Feb 24, 2012

I previously worked at Nuance on Editscript platform.  I moved and had to get satelllite internet, and Nuance wasn't compatible anymore.  So I am working at Transcend, who said the BeyondTXT platform is satellite compatible.  I do not care much for BeyondTXT though.  My line counts are much lower than what they were with Editscript.  BeyondTXT said their accounts with Editscript aren't compatible with satellite.  Is there anyone who works on an Editscript ...

Medscribe Currently Accepts Satellite Internet Connection?
Aug 09, 2010

Does anyone know if Medscribe currently accepts satellite internet connection? Thanks! ...

Is It Possible To Work Escription Platform On Satellite Internet?
Apr 19, 2012

I realize we were told that we cannot use satellite internet with Escription program, but has anyone actuallyl tried doing this?  I live where they only have satellite internt and commute to a large city, so I can work for Nuance.  So far this has worked out okay, but I really would like to be home more.  Am just wondering if this is possible.  ...

How To Gain Experience If Nobody Will Hire You
Apr 06, 2010

I am a relatively new MT working in a large hospital in a subspecialty (Dermatopathology). My goal is to work at home and all job openings I see for working at home require experience working in acute care.   I graduated from a 2 year college last year and received an Associates of Science degree in Office Administration with a major in Medical Transcription. I am pretty sure that my college degree got me this MT job since I had no previous work experience.&nbs ...

Won't Hire Without VR Editing Experience
May 02, 2013

I have been an MT for many years, but am now having difficulty getting a job because all the companies advertising on MT Daily want experience with VR.  Doesn't anyone train on the job anymore?  Any advise, please?  ...

To All The MTs Out There With 20 Plus Years' Experience
Jan 11, 2010

Could you please tell me HOW you did it?  Nevermind the decreasing pay or anything like that.  I'm talking how did you do it PHYSICALLY?  I'm 10 years in, love the nature of the work, etc.  However, I feel beat up from head to toe after only 10 years and while I'd love to stick it out another 10 or 20, assuming it's still a viable option, I just don't know if I could do it.  I'm healthy, pretty fit, but my entire lower legs are constantly ac ...

5 Years Experience
Mar 28, 2013

How is a person supposed to get a job when everyone wants 5 years experience? So I have to work another three years for the place that I am working before I can get a better job? By that time MT's will be totally obsolete. I feel like quiting.   ...

I Wonder Why You Need 5+ Years' Experience For
Oct 15, 2014

only 1 year for Acute Care if apparently Acute care is more difficult?  ???? ...

Would This Company Hire With No Transcription Experience
May 27, 2012

My neighbor calls me to help her get through the test for the company..Im like really,, if you cant get past the test how the heck are you going to do the job..No I wont help you..Im afraid she used me as a referal and no way would I refer her...A 6-month LPN course doesnt make you a transcriptionist, obviously, since she needed help with the practical part of the test that can all be googled anyway...So tired of people thinking because we work from the house that we are idiots and just typ ...

15+ Years Experience And Can Not Get Employment
Mar 23, 2010

I worked for Viera Diagnostic in Viera, Florida for the past 3 years. I broke my leg recently and they said they didn't need me anymore, as I need physical therapy three times a week to insure mobility in the future. I have over 15 years experience and cannot find a job. Anyone have any ideas. I did one test for one company, they said I did not pass. I am wondering if I should throw in the towel. I love this work and feel that I am a very good transcriptionist. Any ideas are welcome. ...

$8.65 An Hour W/35 Years Experience
Sep 28, 2010

that's what I averaged last week; a disgrace is what it is ...

My Experience Is 3 Years Old, How Do I Get Back In?
Jan 13, 2011

I worked in transcription for 20+ years. My last job was for 16 years, acute care and lots of specialty experience, ESL, radiology. But, I have not worked for 3 years. I can't seem to get a bite. I want to be a full time employee. I have an explanation for my hiatus on my resume. Also, does it detract because I have a Bachelor's degree listed on my resume? THANKS GUYS ...

Looking For Work, Over 7 Years Experience
Sep 02, 2014

I have had less volume at work recently at the place I have been working for over the past 4 years.  Im ready to move on but I want to find the right place for me.  Ive done some hospital and acute care work in the past and didn't care for it.  For the last 4 years Ive done clinic work, mostly ortho, and would like to find a place that will put me on clinic accounts only.  I need steady work and at least .08 a line.  Does anyone have any suggestions of companies the ...

Just Failed A Test (25 Plus Years Experience)
Jun 22, 2010

I must be getting too old for this and losing grey cells.  Totally ashamed. I thought the testing was difficult, but.... Either retirement or change of career may be in store for me. ...

Offered 8 Cpl At SoftScript For 20 Years Experience.
Jan 05, 2011

Has anyone said that was not enough and have them counter offer with more?  I don't plan on working for SS (I saw way too many complaints on the other board about them), but what about future offers which I suspect will not be any higher?  I saw on the resume board what I consider way too many willing to work for 7 cpl with plenty of experience.  Is it likely they will pay more when others are willing to work for so much less?  And many of these 7 cpl were IC.  Al ...

How Long Should An MT With 10+ Years Experience Expect To Be On
Apr 26, 2011

Sometimes I wonder with companies who pay an MT less while they are on full QA, if they don't simply keep that MT on QA for as long as possible to avoid paying the higher rate.  Has anyone ever pressed the QA issue? ...

TTD - Recent Info...not Somebody's Bad Experience Over 2 Years Ago
May 28, 2012

I find it frustrating that some MTs are completely unhappy with this company and yet you find threads of MTs who are happy. ?? How can it be both ways.    I would like to hear from someone who is HAPPY with transcription doctors.  Not smart off comments from people who are just feeding off the threads of others.  Just because a hiring process is easy, does not mean it is a bad company.  As far as the 6 weeks to get the first check...that is in the initial paperwork we received, so that&# ...

6 Years Experience, But No Formal Training -HELP
Dec 07, 2012

Hi all, I have been doing MT on a contingent basis for the last 6 years for my mom (who used to run her own I/C company). For the past 3 years I've been a CNA and this past August had to choose between knee surgery to continue being a CNA or to find another line of work, I have 2 little girls, so I chose the later.  The problem I'm running into is it seems to be a requirement to have a degree or cert in MT/ME to find ANY thing in this field! Does anyone know of a company that doe ...

New Grad Medical Transcription - Company That Will Hire With No Experience
Jan 30, 2014

Just graduated from MT school and I am having a lot of trouble finding a company that will hire with no experience... any advice?? thanks!   Jenn ...

Failed MQ Test? 15 Years Experience? Anyone Else Have Trouble?
Jul 18, 2010

Anyone ever failed the Medquist Test. Do they let you see results?   I thought I did great, however, evidently not? I have 15 years experience.     ...