A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Anyone have info/work for Global Info in Texas??? - Marta

Posted: Jul 04, 2012

Need to know any info ASAP on I think its called Global Info Systems or something like that out of Texas. Lots of clinic work, but low low line rate offered. Need to know about management, stability, VR reality, workload, response from tech support, etc. Also, are these clinics in India? Thanks for any help!

Check the company board - Dickens

[ In Reply To ..]
http://forum.mtstars.com/410017.html

Need RECENT info - Marta

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks, but can't find any recent posts that haven't been removed, so I am asking anywhere I can. Seems that it may have not been that stable a few years back so I wonder about now.

Recent - Dickens

[ In Reply To ..]
It's a thread from yesterday.

global - me

[ In Reply To ..]
1. There is recent info on the company board.

2. The program for these accounts is cumbersome.

3. Are the clinics in India? Huh? No, they are in Texas.

4. Go read the responses on the company board.

5. If you're willing to work for 5 cpl to straight type, why bother? If people accept these wages, there will never be a time we see wages raised.

Thank you - Marta

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for the info. I'm never working for 5 cpl straight up, but they tried to make it sound worth it for other reasons, so I just wanted confirmation that there was no hidden pot of gold! If it sounds too good to be true, it always is!

GIS - Bailey

[ In Reply To ..]
I read about this company on the company board. I sent a resume, they called around June 25th and left 2 messages, but I did not realize my message center was malfunctioning, so I did not get the message until later when I got it fixed. I have received 3 phone calls from this company and 3 e-mails telling to hurry and take their test because they have had an overwhelming response to their ad. (Since July 25th?) I received a call today for the third time (4th of July?) to call them back to talk about my resume since they want to hire immediately. First call was regarding clinic work but somehow it got changed to acute care. Another e-mail was regarding whether I was a working MT. Well, DUH.... Now I find out they pay 0.05 cpl. Whoopie-zip! I will really hop on that phone and call, if nothing else to tell them I earned that 20 years ago for a GROSS LINE. I am really tempted to call her back and tell her to put that weekend job where the sun does not shine.
GIS- sorry since June 25th - NM - Bailey
[ In Reply To ..]
xx
5 cpl - me
[ In Reply To ..]
I actually laughed at her when she told me 5 cpl, several times in fact. I even repeated it several times and told her I wanted to make sure I was hearing her correctly.
5 cpl - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
The thing about the 5 cpl is that you barely have to type ANYTHING! It is like VR, only better. They have template reports that you move forward and you seriously sometimes only have to put in vital signs. I know 5 cpl seems low, but it is at least 80% copy and paste, so really it is averaging for me over 10 cpl. Just thought I would point that out for those who didn't want to give it a chance.
GIS - SM - OverthehillMT
[ In Reply To ..]
Hi, I was hired for Global Info Systems and worked for them for a day, but the platform I worked on for oncology was extremely cumbersome (IKnowMed) and naming the files was as equally cumbersome. I decided to turn in my resignation, but they asked me to reconsider due to the fact that they are switching to a new platform soon. I was curious as to what account/platform you were working on, as management told me that I would soon be able to produce 25% more than what I am currently producing which would equal out to about 8 cpl. Thanks.
IKM - me
[ In Reply To ..]
I can't tell you what platform I work on as that's proprietary information for my company but I can tell you IKM is HORRIBLE and not at all MT friendly. Stir in that only a small percentage of these docs are "great" and many are barely audible, you wont make money at 5 cpl.

Not sure what program she'd be moving to, but I think you have to look at the whole picture and then figure out if you can make it work for you. Good luck!
hello mtso - me
[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry. Like I said, I already work on those accounts for another service and you're wrong. There is a small percentage that are high in lines but it doesn't make up for you ripping people off for 5 cpl.
Stop trying to convince people to work for slave wages! - For crying out loud! ENOUGH
[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Similar Messages:

Global Info Systems, Texas
Mar 30, 2013

Just wanted to know has anyone worked for this company. I have been "hired", but have not sent my paperwork to them as of yet. I am unsure about this company.  Would love to hear from anyone who has worked for them, and give their input. Also, if anyone else knows of a good transcription company to work for, it would be appreciated. ...

Global Info Systems Located In Texas
Jun 19, 2012

Seeking current info on above company including on-time pay, enough work, etc., etc., pros and cons, please.  Thank you for your time. ...

CAN ANYONE GIVE ME INFO ON GLOBAL INFO SYSTEMS (GIS)
Jan 10, 2010

Looking for information about Global Info Systems.  Can anyone telll me anythihng about them.  Thank you. ...

Any Info On GIS (Global Info Systems) Out Of TX? I
Jan 21, 2012

I applied for an MT position with them.  I don't see anything recent on the boards and wondered if they were a good company to work for.  TIA ...

Global Info Systems - Info?
Dec 13, 2012

I am testing with GIS this evening, does anyone have any information on this company. I am currently working with TTS, they do not even pay 4 CPL for editing. I feel like this business has become a legalized form of slavery. The only business where with over 10 years of experience, your pay goes down. ...

Global Info Systems Not Global Solutions
May 06, 2013

Has anyone ever worked for Global Info Systems?    ...

PRN Transcription, Inc. In Plano, Texas - Any Info?
Oct 19, 2011

Does anyone have any information on PRN Transcription, Inc. in Plano, Texas? ...

Need Info On MTS Of Texas - Older Posts Are In Archive
Jul 28, 2010

Need to know if the situation has improved at MTS?   Would appreciate any elaboration by MTs who are there and making this company work for them.   Thank you - MT is Me ...

Any Info On Transtech (Texas), Cant Find Anything Newer Than 2009.
May 26, 2011

Archives are only to 2009, cant find anything newer. Sounded good back then, how are they now? ...

Global Info Systems GIS
Jan 08, 2010

Can anyone give me any information on Global Info Systems (GIS).  Thank you. ...

Global Info Systems?
Apr 23, 2012

Does anyone know anything about this company?  Did anyone test or know what they are paying?  Pay on time?  Enough work?  Any info? ...

GLOBAL INFO SYSTEMS (GIS)
Jul 03, 2012

Need recent info on GIS please. Just been contacted by them for an IC position, straight typing @.05 a line! When I asked why so low, I was informed there is a ton of docs, work and a lot of repetition in the templates, so they feel you are getting a lot of free lines! That being said, I'm still shocked that these companies continue to go lower and lower on the line rates! Considering I have been an MT over 20 years, this is crazy to me, but I did read a couple of old posts here that this i ...

Any Info On Superior Global
Jul 06, 2012

Does anyone have any info on Superior?  Are they a good company to work for?  Line rate?  Actually have work during shift?  How is the VR platform? Considering job offer.  Thanks for any info. ...

Global Info Systems???
Feb 08, 2013

They say they only hire US transcriptionists but have offices in India??  WTH???  ...

Any Info On Superior Global Solutions
Feb 04, 2010

I got an email this evening from SGS.  It stated they got my resume from an MT related job board.  The opening is for acute care and radiology.  My resume states my experience is neurology and psych.  Am I  going to be set up to FAIL?  They want to have a phone interview - if anyone has any input it would be most appreciated.  ...

Superior Global Solutions Info Please
Aug 03, 2010

Can anyone give me info, good or bad, about Superior Global Solutions?   Thanks!  ...

Global Information Systems .. Any Info?
Aug 06, 2010

Is there anyone here who is/has worked for Global Information Systems who can tell me what they're like to work for? I tried to use the search function, but they seem to have changed how the search function works and I'm not coming up with anything at all. ...

Global Info Systems - Any Information?
Aug 17, 2010

Any information on this company?  Pay on time?  VR or straight type? ...

Any Info On Superior Global Solutions?
Sep 27, 2010

Any info on Superior Global Solutions?  I am always weary when I see Global in the title.  I got a call and she said they were an MTSO, but I think they might be a recruiter company and charge you.  ...

Information About GLOBAL INFO SYSTEMS
Oct 22, 2010

Does anyone have information about this company? ...

Superior Global Solutions Any Info?
Nov 06, 2011

Any info on Superior Global Solutions.   I see they are located in Plano, Texas which is close to where I am moving.  Any info appreciated.   ...

Global Info Systems - Good Or Bad?
Jul 27, 2012

Can anyone give me heads up on this company good or bad? ...

Wondering About GLOBAL INFO SYSTEMS
Aug 09, 2012

I have looked and looked for info on Global Info Systems but do not find anything... good or questionable.   Perhaps they are a good company and nobody comes on to give them kudos? Please feel free to share if you know about them ...

Any Information On Global Info Systems
Nov 14, 2012

The good, the bad, the ugly for Global Info Systems?  Thank you:) ...

How Is Global Info Systems To Work For QA? Hourly Pay Right?
Dec 09, 2010

oh and what platform? thank you for your info? ...

Global Info Systems - Anyone Had Worked For This Company Before
Jun 02, 2013

Was wondering if anyone had worked for this company before.  They are based in Odessa, Texas I believe.  Any and all information is appreciated.  I'm new here to MT Stars.   Thanks! ...

Any Helpful Information On GIS (Global Info Systems)?
Nov 18, 2013

Looking for any helpful information on this company please. I have searched the archives but nothing current.  Thank you. ...

Global Info Systems Deceiving On DoD Contract Statement And Others
Jan 23, 2014

The statement they posted earlier in MTStars about the Dept of Defense is incorrect.  DPTS won the contract.  Global is a "subcontractor" of DPTS.  Therefore, DPTS is 1 of 4 companies proven, not GIS.  Also, it shows on the website that the CEO is Indian and their other office is in India, so yes, it is OWNED by an Indian.  Also, they started out in the post stating "THEY" and "anonymous" then put "See you at the conference", etc.  Shows that you are the m ...

Need Current Info On Superior Global (Plano) On DQS Account, Not EditScript
Sep 08, 2011

Please give feedback that is current about SGS.  Do you run out of work?  I know what the pay scale is, as I've talked to a recruiter.  I am only interested in the DocQscribe side, so if you are on the Editscript platform (which I do not like), that won't help me.  I'm not concerned about ESLs, was weaned on them.  What I would like to know is how is the QA (picky)?  Do they IM you every 10 minutes (hate that)?  What are the pros and cons.  ...

SUPERIOR GLOBAL SOLUTIONS OUT OF PLANO TEXAS
Apr 15, 2014

Hi: I am looking to connect with MTs/MLSs who worked for or are currently working for Superior Global Solutions out of Plano, Texas. ...