A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Failed MQ test? 15 years experience? Anyone else have trouble? - Linann

Posted: Jul 18, 2010

Anyone ever failed the Medquist Test. Do they let you see results?

I thought I did great, however, evidently not? I have 15 years experience.

failed test for medquist - little c

[ In Reply To ..]
Yeah! Me too..I failed and I have eight years on and counting.. and verified every answer with resource material or BOS. Funny!But not really..I am not sure what they are looking for but obviously I aint it!

I can give you some info on who to contact - if you will e-mail me.

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I would not email you. Why not email the OP with the info you have? - n/m

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I failed twice and I have 12 years of experience - Jyl

[ In Reply To ..]
I verified my answers too so I thought something was weird.

mq failed test - linann

[ In Reply To ..]
I guess MQ looking for maybe a reason to send work overseas. They called me 3 times and acted like they were interested and I had worked for them before in the past, however, said I failed test. I guess now they can have an excuse to send overseas. Pay 2 cents a line?

Yes, 22 years, thought it was easy but failed 2 different companies, but same test website!nm - OldMT

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Previous MQ employee - Luna

[ In Reply To ..]
I was rehired to work on accounts I had previously worked on for 15 years (even knew most of the docs personally)but my new supervisor said I was not meeting quality requirements. She questioned my experience and said it was better if I resigned or would be fired. I resigned after 3 months.

mq failed test or not perfect! - not perfect

[ In Reply To ..]
I guess we all can't be perfect, but what a better way to let the gov't know that you can't get good workers in US, so we need to ship overseas and they can get it for 2 cents a line. Just think of the money saved by MQ. Who cares if americans go under? I think it will backfire one day.

Faile MQ Test - Jan

[ In Reply To ..]
I failed the Softscript test, like you I thought I did great, passed with a 90, but they said I failed. I have 25 years experience.

Elvis is alive, Area 51, Illuminati, et al - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not a huge believer in conspiracy theories; they make for interesting reading but that's about it. I mentioned it the other place where this question was asked somewhat tongue in cheek, but maybe it's true. A lot of people are testing and failing tests that theoretically they should not be. We never get a copy of the test or see the actual results of these tests. So we really only have their word for it.

In an industry that is sending more and more work offshore, perhaps worried that the government with HIPAA will try to clamp down on it, is it entirely that much of a stretch of the imagination to believe that they fail everybody so that they can point to the test results and say, "I feel you about the HIPAA thing POTUS, but, look, the US MTs are no good, so we have to send them to the third world country/developing nation of our choice."

Nobody here can prove or disprove their assertion. We have no copy of a pre-scored test with our original answers and no idea what we missed or what the right answers were. Hard to argue with that, huh?

or there really could be that many poor MTs out there - We will never know

[ In Reply To ..]
I would love to know the answer.

Re: Elvis is alive... - earlymusicus

[ In Reply To ..]
Wow - that's a scary thought, but I bet it's not so unfounded.

I failed the Medquist too with 5 years of experience... sm - scrambled

[ In Reply To ..]
But from what I have heard about Medquist and read on these boards, that is a good thing, not a bad one. I would NOT want to get mixed up with that company. I have another job now. I wouldn't touch Medquist with a 10-foot pole.

MedQuist - earlymusicus

[ In Reply To ..]
I posted on my Facebook account to my friends that I had graduated and was looking for a job. A women from MedQuist sent me a message (she sent it to my Facebook account - I don't know how) saying that she discovered through Facebook that I was looking for an MT job and told me to contact her. She was from MedQuist. At that time, I'd already read enough bad things about that company and I'm very glad I never responded to her message.

Testing - Powee

[ In Reply To ..]
I know this will meet with some bad things being said, but I am going to reply anyway so that it might help someone. I have only 3 years experience and my friend 9 years. We both took a test from the same company I passed, she didnt and since they dont tell you what you did wrong we took another for a different company together to see if we could figure it out and here is what we came up with. On the dictation portion she bypassed me like I was standing still, however, on the multiple choice portions things have changed since she went to school years ago versus my only just getting out 3. For example, o'clock is only used in surgery and for her older accounts is was not. That and maybe one or two others failed her. She is certainly the better transcriptionist of the two of us and I readily admit that it is just that you can only miss one or two questions and you fail. They go by an overall score. Also, some proper English has changed for the testing, however, I have noticed that my accounts want it the old fashioned way, but in testing that, again, is not the case. I hope this helps. Blessed be!!

failed MQ, anyone perfect? - not perfect

[ In Reply To ..]
We all can't be perfect can we, but i do think the national companies are just like the hospital, they want to get rid of you so they can get real cheap labor. Maybe there is something if they get feedback from a lot of us, they get a kickback. Who knows? If anyone else knows a better answer let me know? This has become a sweat shop career. As said before, it will backfire one day. God can only take so much GREED in this country.

Yes.......25 years experience! - Terry

[ In Reply To ..]
I failed the test and could not believe my eyes. It was a really simple test, too. I have no idea how to find out why I failed. It left me feeling very inadequate....something I don't need right now. This particular test was through iMedX. I'm just baffled. :-(

Similar Messages:

Just Failed A Test (25 Plus Years Experience)
Jun 22, 2010

I must be getting too old for this and losing grey cells.  Totally ashamed. I thought the testing was difficult, but.... Either retirement or change of career may be in store for me. ...

I Have Been An MT For 14 Years, But I Failed The Transcend Transcription Test!
Mar 13, 2011

I feel so bummed right now!  I can't believe I failed it.  Am I the only one?  Maybe it's time for a new career?! ...

Failed The Test For SGS??
Feb 24, 2013

So, I go through the grammar portion of the test, use a ton of reference materials when I needed to and I failed the test? Huh???!!! There wasn't even a place that told me what my score was! I have 10+ years in this field and can't see how I failed the test and it's just not sour grapes on my part.  This kind of shakes me to the core and makes me not want to apply anywhere else! Anyone else have this happen?  ...

Failed MQ Test. Will I Be Able To See My Results?
Jul 18, 2010

Have 15 years experience, however, they said I failed test? ...

Does MQ Let You Know If You Passed Or Failed Their Test?
Oct 03, 2010

Took the test a few days ago and haven't heard anything back.  Does anyone know if they advise you of a pass/fail, or do you only hear from them if you pass and are offered a position? TIA? ...

Failed Test And Very Upset
Nov 02, 2010

I am very upset, I took the radiology test and they say that I failed it and I don't see how. I have been a radiology transcriptionist for 20 years. There were only two questions on the multiple choice questions that I was uncertain of and the typing was easy. Has anybody else encountered this? ...

Has Anyone Failed The Tier 3 Test
Oct 20, 2011

I took the test and scored a 92.91 and I needed a 96 to pass.  I feel like a failure.  The fourth report that I was given was a difficult dictator (a fast talker).  My question is, do you know when we can retest.  Is it 90 days? ...

Has Anyone Ever Failed A MT Enrollment Test?
Jun 11, 2012

Have any of you ever failed an enrollment test for a MT course? How did you feel about it? Did you get angry or upset or did you try again?  ...

Failed Medquist Test In September...
Dec 15, 2009

After failing the Medquist test in September 2009, they just e-mailed me today saying Medquist - Eligible to Retest.   Just a few hours later, I got another e-mail saying "Employment Update - Medquist.  You are eligible to retest." I thought a lot of people are losing their jobs at Medquist.  Why the desperate urge to hire, especially people who failed their employment test?     ...

Has Anyone Ever Failed A Voice File Test...sm
May 11, 2011

By making silly mistakes that you can't even believe you made!? Oh, I did. Today. I think I would kick myself in the brain if I could. I feel so defeated. ...

To All The MTs Out There With 20 Plus Years' Experience
Jan 11, 2010

Could you please tell me HOW you did it?  Nevermind the decreasing pay or anything like that.  I'm talking how did you do it PHYSICALLY?  I'm 10 years in, love the nature of the work, etc.  However, I feel beat up from head to toe after only 10 years and while I'd love to stick it out another 10 or 20, assuming it's still a viable option, I just don't know if I could do it.  I'm healthy, pretty fit, but my entire lower legs are constantly ac ...

5 Years Experience
Mar 28, 2013

How is a person supposed to get a job when everyone wants 5 years experience? So I have to work another three years for the place that I am working before I can get a better job? By that time MT's will be totally obsolete. I feel like quiting.   ...

I Wonder Why You Need 5+ Years' Experience For
Oct 15, 2014

only 1 year for Acute Care if apparently Acute care is more difficult?  ???? ...

15+ Years Experience And Can Not Get Employment
Mar 23, 2010

I worked for Viera Diagnostic in Viera, Florida for the past 3 years. I broke my leg recently and they said they didn't need me anymore, as I need physical therapy three times a week to insure mobility in the future. I have over 15 years experience and cannot find a job. Anyone have any ideas. I did one test for one company, they said I did not pass. I am wondering if I should throw in the towel. I love this work and feel that I am a very good transcriptionist. Any ideas are welcome. ...

$8.65 An Hour W/35 Years Experience
Sep 28, 2010

that's what I averaged last week; a disgrace is what it is ...

My Experience Is 3 Years Old, How Do I Get Back In?
Jan 13, 2011

I worked in transcription for 20+ years. My last job was for 16 years, acute care and lots of specialty experience, ESL, radiology. But, I have not worked for 3 years. I can't seem to get a bite. I want to be a full time employee. I have an explanation for my hiatus on my resume. Also, does it detract because I have a Bachelor's degree listed on my resume? THANKS GUYS ...

Looking For Work, Over 7 Years Experience
Sep 02, 2014

I have had less volume at work recently at the place I have been working for over the past 4 years.  Im ready to move on but I want to find the right place for me.  Ive done some hospital and acute care work in the past and didn't care for it.  For the last 4 years Ive done clinic work, mostly ortho, and would like to find a place that will put me on clinic accounts only.  I need steady work and at least .08 a line.  Does anyone have any suggestions of companies the ...

Offered 8 Cpl At SoftScript For 20 Years Experience.
Jan 05, 2011

Has anyone said that was not enough and have them counter offer with more?  I don't plan on working for SS (I saw way too many complaints on the other board about them), but what about future offers which I suspect will not be any higher?  I saw on the resume board what I consider way too many willing to work for 7 cpl with plenty of experience.  Is it likely they will pay more when others are willing to work for so much less?  And many of these 7 cpl were IC.  Al ...

How Long Should An MT With 10+ Years Experience Expect To Be On
Apr 26, 2011

Sometimes I wonder with companies who pay an MT less while they are on full QA, if they don't simply keep that MT on QA for as long as possible to avoid paying the higher rate.  Has anyone ever pressed the QA issue? ...

TTD - Recent Info...not Somebody's Bad Experience Over 2 Years Ago
May 28, 2012

I find it frustrating that some MTs are completely unhappy with this company and yet you find threads of MTs who are happy. ?? How can it be both ways.    I would like to hear from someone who is HAPPY with transcription doctors.  Not smart off comments from people who are just feeding off the threads of others.  Just because a hiring process is easy, does not mean it is a bad company.  As far as the 6 weeks to get the first check...that is in the initial paperwork we received, so that&# ...

6 Years Experience, But No Formal Training -HELP
Dec 07, 2012

Hi all, I have been doing MT on a contingent basis for the last 6 years for my mom (who used to run her own I/C company). For the past 3 years I've been a CNA and this past August had to choose between knee surgery to continue being a CNA or to find another line of work, I have 2 little girls, so I chose the later.  The problem I'm running into is it seems to be a requirement to have a degree or cert in MT/ME to find ANY thing in this field! Does anyone know of a company that doe ...

I REFUSE TO ACCEPT 7 TO 8 CPL WITH 20 YEARS EXPERIENCE-IT IS AN INSULT TO ME
Aug 11, 2010

I have been testing all week. Some companies will not even discuss pay until you take their tests. Then, I waste my time taking these tests only to be offered 7 and 8 cpl. It is absolutely offensive to me to offer me that low pay. You want all of my years of experience, but only want to pay "newbie" rates. I am completely and wholeheartedly giving up on this profession. ...

Have Satellite Internet. DO You Know Anyone Who Will Hire Me With 20+ Years Experience?
Jan 31, 2012

I moved to the country and now I have to use Satellite internet.  Are there any companies that will hire you with satellite internet?  ...

Years Of Experience Transcribing Psych Reports
Jul 19, 2012

Is there anyone here who can tell me for certain why so many companies want MTs to have 3-5 years experience for psych transcribing? I've transcribed many psych reports and they are not that difficult. Is there more involved when it is strictly psych doctors? Thanks to anyone who can enlighten me.  ...

HIPAA - Trouble Getting In To Do The Test?
Oct 03, 2013

Has anyone  had trouble getting in to do the test?  What is our password? ...

I Have Not Worked In 6 Years, And Only Have 3 Months Experience, Is There Hope In Finding A Medical
Jul 05, 2012

I graduated from a local Technical College with a Certificate in Medical Transcription. I had spent a year searching for a company that would hire someone new, but had no luck. Then, out of the blue a local company had seen my resume and offered me a job. I got the job, but the thing was I was almost 7 months pregnant with my second child! I had only worked a couple months until our baby was born and after consideration, decided not to come back so I could be with our baby full-time. Well, it ha ...

Is InScribe LLC, Kentucky Changing; Anyone Recently Apply Or Been Hired Who Has Years Of Experience;
May 11, 2011

Okay, I know InScribe LLC (Kentucky) has been on the Boards multiple times (at least monthly, if not weekly, it seems), but I just noticed they have a “Premium” ad at the top of the Job Seeker’s Board.  I guess these “Featured Listings” are not free, as the other listings are.  If I remember correctly, most of the posts on the Boards have been by Newbies, because InScribe evidently is one of the few MTSOs that hire new graduates.  However, it appear ...

Failed Audit. How Failed To Require Line Rate
Oct 02, 2014

Is it any fail or under a certain percentage? ...

After Years And Years Of Being IC, Obtained Employee Status At A Co. Sm
Nov 26, 2012

Thought that after not having enough work for a couple years now and always chasing work, I'd now have a "real job" as an employee and wouldn't have to worry about a steady paycheck and paying the bills anymore. The reason I thought this was because at the interview and in their professional company emails, they use all the "real job" words:  Shift, scheduled hours, overtime, PTO, benefits, etc.  I felt relieved to finally have a "job." What a big bunch of BS! I was "hired" ...

3 Years. Question: How Many More Years Do You Plan To Be An MT/editor?
Dec 20, 2013

There is much speculation about the field of transcription - how many of us actually plan to be here 5 years, 10 years, 20 years from now. I realize that the field is going to change, which will contribute to your answer. Will there be enough transcriptionists/editors to fill the need in 5 years and in 10 years? Will the industry be forced out of offshoring because of taxes? Will there be a need even for editors if VR gets better? These are all unanswered questions, but my question is, what ...