A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Is InScribe LLC, Kentucky changing; anyone recently apply or been hired who has years of experience; - Are MT Newbies becoming endangered

Posted: May 11, 2011

Okay, I know InScribe LLC (Kentucky) has been on the Boards multiple times (at least monthly, if not weekly, it seems), but I just noticed they have a “Premium” ad at the top of the Job Seeker’s Board.  I guess these “Featured Listings” are not free, as the other listings are. 

If I remember correctly, most of the posts on the Boards have been by Newbies, because InScribe evidently is one of the few MTSOs that hire new graduates. 

However, it appears that the “Featured” ad is geared more towards experienced MTs and not so much towards Newbies. 

The other thing I noticed was their statement:  “Competitive line rates”

My question is:  I thought InScribe pays 7 cents per line for straight transcription to start, regardless of whether you are a Newbie or have 30 years experience.  Since when is 7 cpl “competitive” for Independent Contractor status for experienced MTs? 

Can anyone who recently applied or was recently hired by InScribe enlighten me as to what they pay EXPERIENCED Independent Contractors?  Are they changing their MT base to hire more experienced MTs and less Newbies?  If I recall correctly, don’t they have a school to drawn Newbie MTs from? 

I had a wild thought run through my brain and was just wondering if MT “Newbies” are starting to become an endangered species.  I know some schools have stopped offering traditional Medical Transcription courses altogether, while some others are emphasizing more Editing and less Transcription.   

If (fingers crossed) there are less and less MTs out in the job market is it possible that we will FINALLY become a sought after group again by employers, instead of the dime-a-dozen status we currently hold.  Most MTSOs today have no qualms about cutting current wages or offering us minimum wage to start because they think that for every 1 of us that declines their paltry wages, there are 10 more begging to be hired for those paltry wages.  If, on the other hand, good MTs are finally becoming harder to find, we might actually be in a position to demand better wages. 

I also wonder if all of the almost daily warnings about matchbook schools on the New MTs Board are finally reaching prospective students – who, in turn, are opting to either change career plans or are holding off enrollment in any school, to see how the industry changes, before spending their college tuition at the MT schools which are more expensive but offer a higher caliber education. 

Is it possible that within the next year or so, experienced Independent Contractor MTs will be able to start getting 10 and 11 cents per line again for straight transcription, and 6 or 7 cpl for SR Editing? 

I know.  Probably just a pie-in-the-sky dream.  But at this point, any dream is better than the nightmare some of us have been going through recently (either as an Employee or as an Independent Contractor) with wage cuts, daily running out of work, higher insurance rates, and generally miserable working conditions. 

I HAVE A DREAM 

I NEED TO DREAM

Thanks for any concrete information you are willing to pass on.  You can Email me if you feel more comfortable doing that. 

Not all paid 7 cpl... - Ex-Inscribe MT

[ In Reply To ..]
When I worked there 2 years ago, your pay was based on your performance during an evaluation period, which I was told typically lasts 3-7 days. I was told I would start at 7 cpl, but may get a raise depending on how I did. I was actually released from QA the first day and bumped to 9 cpl. At the time, I was a recent grad with only 6 months' experience in acute care, so I was thrilled with the pay.

I really enjoyed working for them and had a great AM (although she has since left the company), but I had compatibility issue with the platform and it constantly froze up on me causing me to lose work, so finally decided it wasn't worth it. Wish I could find a company again though that paid as well.

I have been contacted by them from my resume - PAMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I am a very experienced MT and they have contacted me several times. I am looking at another job but I dont think they just hire newbies and yes I think newbies are going to be worked out because experienced MTs will get the jobs and have to almost accept the wages being offered today or actually leave the field altogether. Now this is must my opinion but a lot of experienced MTs can settle for less because they may not need the csah flow of younger people.

Excuse the errors. It has been a long day. - PAMT

[ In Reply To ..]
nn
EXCUSE ME??? - nn
[ In Reply To ..]
where the heck do you get off saying tbat those of us "older MTs NEED LESS MONEY -- last I knew my rent was $800, cable, phone, internet $150, electric $200 and gas --- so yah, at 55 I'm ling in luxury and eating Ramen noodles
I think you are missing the point I was making - PAMT
[ In Reply To ..]
We were talking about newbies losing out on jobs and I simply said that experienced older MTs such as myself can get those jobs and that is why newbies will have a harder time getting jobs. This isnt exactly a wide open field anymore with offshoring so it is very competitive and if you try for a job versus a newbie and you have experience obviously I would think you would get the job. And I am sure there are MTs out there who only want PT or have husbands or what have you or have social security or other income so yes they may not need the cash flow. I was not trying to say anything more than that other than it makes them more competitive in this market. I didnt mean to say they need less money because they are older. I am divorced and no one is paying my way. These people are also driving down the wages in this field. Geez, I am really getting beaten up here.
Good points, PAMT. BTW, I don't have SS, but the kids are gone - and paying for their own...everything these days.N
[ In Reply To ..]
x
No longer "young," but no kids, no husband, no house, no SS. - see msg
[ In Reply To ..]
Despite leading a healthy lifestyle, I've had a major health crisis in the last 5 years. I have a student loan I'm still paying on. And I don't have a soul in the world who is helping me or anyone I can fall back on.

Nowadays, circumstances are just too random to make a connection that a group of older MTs "may" have fewer expenses. I know you said "may," but the problem is that it's just too random to draw a connection. Like the other poster said, when I was younger, I thought the same thing. Truth is, my expenses are now much higher, and while I'm still younger than many MTs, I'm not a newbie. It scares me for what my older years are going to be like. I cannot afford to lose ANY income.

Also, don't make the other mistake that you are of assuming that the older MT will get the job. As a former recruiter, I can tell you there is a LOT of ageism in this field. When I was a new recruiter, I was shocked by how open management was about the fact they didn't want MTs who were over a certain age. I didn't listen to them, but I know that's not going to be the case in many companies.
Agism--a major reason we must divorce healthcare - from employment. Our health issues
[ In Reply To ..]
should not be our employers' business or our employers' expense. Only whether we do the jobs we were hired for.

In the meantime, under our currently incredibly stupid and dysfunctional system, OF COURSE, they're going try not to hire from any group prone to piling up medical costs.
Health care in MT - PAMT
[ In Reply To ..]
That is the one reason I go IC or SE because age doesnt seem to be as much of a factor since they dont have to cover you with health insurance, etc. and they seem to mostly all over hire so if you take time off it doesnt cause a disaster or late work. I am fortunate to have been fairly healthy and have been able to afford my own health insurance and therefore dont have to worry about someone forcing me out with no work and not meeting lines and I have to give up my health insurance or go Cobra. Nothing seems easy anymore in this field.
The problem is, the pay is no longer high enough to - be able to afford private health insurance. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
I can't qualify for private health insurance. If I could possibly - see message
[ In Reply To ..]
find one that I actually could qualify for, they wouldn't cover my preexisting conditions, and those preexistings are VERY expensive, and I certainly couldn't cover them with the pay I get in this field. So I do feel very stuck. I'm not sure how soon or how exactly the laws are going to change regarding preexisting conditions. The healthcare system is a mess, and I'm not expecting it to get better for me personally anytime soon.
I know what you meant - mtmom
[ In Reply To ..]
I know exactly what you meant and I think people are jumping on you unfairly on here. Some are so touchy.

Curious how you figure that logic. My expenses are MORE - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
than they were when I was younger. Health problems tend to accumulate with years, you know. For those of us who have been in this business for 20 or 30 years, it's not like our earning power has increased over time. I actually make considerably less than I did 10 years ago.

Warped logic - mymt

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm 53, single, have student loans, rent, and other household expenses and you think I should accept LESS money because I'm older?

Now this is a fine example of the MT thinking that helped land us where we are. I imagine you're also the MT who would lower her rates 3-4 cpl over her competition just cause she could. I guess we all owe you a sarcastic "gee thanks."

I'm an older MT and I can't settle for less. I have one - 50-YO

[ In Reply To ..]
child in college and another one starting in 2 years. My car is 17 years old and is to the point that it is going to need more repairs than it would cost for a newer model used car. I need to be socking away some big bucks for retirement because I can't count on SS. I still have mortgage payments, though they may be less than a younger family. I don't have to buy my kids clothes every 3 months, but they still need clothes. My kids have already had braces so we don't have to worry about that. At my age I have accumulated enough stuff that the stuff owns me and having the newest gadget isn't important, having the lastest fashion isn't important, and it is easier to do without the extras.

Maybe there are some older MTs that don't have kids in college and their mortgage is paid off, but it doesn't mean they should be paid any less. We've paid our dues.

You have got to be kidding me! - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Age makes you need less money??? Good next time I go to the grocery or put gas in my car I'll just explain that I am older and I can afford all of the higher prices because I really don't need any extra money!! Who has extra money these days

In PAMT's defense, the post does say "may not need" - the cash flow

[ In Reply To ..]
not "don't need" the cash flow.

When I was younger I'm pretty sure I was of the same mind. You think, oh, they've paid all these years on their mortgage, student loans are paid off, etc. But when you reach that age, you realize that's not how it is at all.

I used to think that way towards 2-income households after my divorce. "Oh, those other MTs in a 2-income household don't need the work as bad as I do. Why can't they get put on the harder accounts and leave the easy ones for those of us who struggle?" (Of course, that didn't happen. Just hoping).

Now the shoe's on the other foot. I'm in a 2-income household and struggling like heck to make ends meet. ONE of our mortgages went from $565 to $1200. Our credit scores are horrid due to a year of unemployment due to budget cuts. Don't you just love how the banking industry thinks? "Hmmmm, let's see. This family is making their mortgage payment on time and in the agreed upon amount. Let's quadruple their interest rate, shall we?"

Infuriating. INFURIATING!!

Similar Messages:

Inscribe, Kentucky
Sep 03, 2010

Let me say that in all of the 20+ years I have been in this business, I have never encountered more rude, more criticizing, unprofessional people (particularly one manager ****) in my life. These people have you test initially, send you new hire paperwork to fill out, (which is so backward), then schedule you for a brief training on their software, then have you transcribe 5 reports.  That is really not a problem, it is the way you are talked to in emails.  I will copy and paste VERBA ...

InScribe Out Of Kentucky?
Apr 13, 2011

Is there someone out there in MT-Land that knows something about InScribe out of Kentucky?  Type of platform?  Reasonable TATs?  Etc, etc, etc?  Any information would be greatly appreciated. ...

Inscribe In Kentucky
Aug 15, 2011

I still am there but very disappointed in everything.  They are terribly disorganized, and the owner sends out emails stating she is going to fire everyone if you don't do what I say, either drunk or not taking her medications some say.  You are forced to work as an employee in an IC status.  I only work 2 hours a day, but I find myself having to do 1-2 hours of other crap, including instant messaging, bookkeeping, and helping other employees to fill in blanks, we are require ...

Has Anyone Heard Of Inscribe LLC, Kentucky
Oct 29, 2010

Has anyone heard of Inscribe LLC, Murray Kentucky?  I have a chance to intern with them, but as a new transcriptionist I am unsure what to do.  Has anyone worked for them?  Do they really get you the work they claim to?  Thanks ...

Information On InScribe Out Of Kentucky
Jan 25, 2011

Hi.  I was reading some of your posts on this company, and I am in the middle of their application process, and I was trying to find out what their job openings were before I typed all of those test files.  Maybe I'm just dense, but I can't get that document to open.  I downloaded the document converter to view it, but no luck.  Does anyone know what specialties/areas they are hiring for??  This seems like A LOT of stuff to go through to get hired.  Any th ...

Who Has Recently Been Hired By Nuance?
Mar 26, 2012

I would like to know who was just recently hired and how was your experience?   I for one have been hired and am not able to start until my computer meets their requirements.  So I had to put in more memory and also bring my Microsoft Word up-to-date -- 2007.  Just hope this was worth the expense.  For some reason, I have a bad feeling about the job itself.   Hopefully my fears are wrong.  Let me know what you think.   ...

Rezziliant - Has Anyone Been Recently Hired By This Company?
Feb 15, 2012

Has anyone been recently hired by this company?  If so, I would  love some information about them.  Thanks in advance.     ...

Recently Hired As IC For Transcription Doctor's
Apr 14, 2012

Really looking forward to getting my foot in the door and would appreciate info.   ...

LANDMARK TRANSCRIPTION - Recently Hired Anyone?
Nov 01, 2013

Any MT's out there who have recently been hired by Landmark TS in Pennsylvania to transcribe for its new account? If so, what have you experienced so far in terms of management, type of work, etc.? As a recent new hire, I've found there exists a handful of dictators who consistently turn out muffled, tinny audio and/or speech that is all but incomprehensible. Yet, when I have pointed this out to the supervisor, she insists that I am alone in this complaint as QA seems to have n ...

Anyone Recently Hired On At Clear Choice Transcription?
Jul 26, 2012

Have you actually started working yet or received training? ...

Anyone Recently Apply At Medscribe (Florida One) And Ever Hear Back?
May 17, 2010

I need a job YESTERDAY.. and I have applied to so many places and actually did the testing with Medscribe twice but they cannot even get back to me one way or the other. I'm completely discouraged!!! ...

Anyone Recently Hired By DTS? Have Things Improved? Old Posts Not Positive. NM
Apr 06, 2013

. ...

I Quit MM After 10 Years, Was Hired...
Jun 11, 2013

within a week.  I started last night and I quit last night.  The trainer was in INDIA, and her accent was so thick I could not understand ANYTHING she was saying.  I mean I was lucky to hear every 10th word, not kidding.  My husband came in the room and heard her and asked me to quit.  I wanted to give it another try but, after a good night's sleep, I am moving on.  Is this what we are getting now in this industry?  Goodness, I pray not.&nbs ...

Seasoned MTs Changing Companies After Years?
Mar 02, 2015

Hi.  I've been with the same company for years and am so unhappy with it.  I'd like to maybe work for another company, but it doesn't seem worth it.  After years of building up my glossaries, I'd be starting all over again from scratch and I've heard bad things about every company out there it seems.  Plus, I'm sure my pay would be lower to start.  Anyone go to a different company after years with the same one?   ...

Anyone Else Experience This Recently?
Aug 31, 2012

For the past month, I've applied for an MT position with almost every MTSO who posts a job.  I've tested with all of them, and I don't get a call back. This is a new thing for me.  I've been in the industry over 20 years, have done every specialty plus QA. In the past when I've looked for a job I've found one in only one day.  What's up? ...

How Much MT Experience Is Too Much To Get You Hired?
Nov 15, 2011

I spent last week typing test dictations for transcription jobs. After typing five tests today for one company and then 3 more for another company I am wondering why I haven't been called back on any of these jobs. I have heard of having too little experience, but is there such a thing has having too much experience that a company is afraid to hire you because they think you will demand to be paid too much. Even though I have 10+ years experience I am willing to take 7 cpl just so that I c ...

Getting Hired With No Experience
Jun 04, 2014

My facility just hired a CPC-A with no experience, sooo ... it does happen. ...

Just Hired For MT Job With No Training Or Experience! Help!
Sep 11, 2013

Hi,   Like I stated, I am a single mother who just moved and got hired in a medical office . The job ad said clerical.  It is transcription and coverage for other areas.   I have my degree in medical office technologies and i majored in medical coding.  Im on my 6 th week. Im still getting a little corrections back on my 3 I do daily, but now im learning the lengthy tapes and on top of my tapes and training, locking notes and printing, I am also covering the front office fo ...

Several Of Us Had Interviews Today Or Recently...How Did You Do? Here's My Experience...
May 30, 2013

I had an overall positive experience; however, I wish I'd said a couple things more smoothly and thought of a couple more questions to ask (I did ask a few).  Still, for my first interview in years, I think it went well, and I sold myself pretty strongly, too.  I thought I'd share the main questions that came up and how I attempted to handle them:  Questions I got were (these aren't in order): Why do you think you'll be a fit?  (I said I was "uni ...

Inscribe - Experience/knowledge Of Inscribe.us?
Feb 19, 2011

Anyone have any experience/knowledge of Inscribe.us?  I am about to get offered a job with them for either straight transcrition or VR editing?  Their line rate seems to be very good for both. ...

Inscribe Internship Program--anyone Get Hired After Completing?
Feb 28, 2011

Just wondering thoughts on this internship program...anyone complete it and get hired on? ...

To All The MTs Out There With 20 Plus Years' Experience
Jan 11, 2010

Could you please tell me HOW you did it?  Nevermind the decreasing pay or anything like that.  I'm talking how did you do it PHYSICALLY?  I'm 10 years in, love the nature of the work, etc.  However, I feel beat up from head to toe after only 10 years and while I'd love to stick it out another 10 or 20, assuming it's still a viable option, I just don't know if I could do it.  I'm healthy, pretty fit, but my entire lower legs are constantly ac ...

5 Years Experience
Mar 28, 2013

How is a person supposed to get a job when everyone wants 5 years experience? So I have to work another three years for the place that I am working before I can get a better job? By that time MT's will be totally obsolete. I feel like quiting.   ...

I Wonder Why You Need 5+ Years' Experience For
Oct 15, 2014

only 1 year for Acute Care if apparently Acute care is more difficult?  ???? ...

15+ Years Experience And Can Not Get Employment
Mar 23, 2010

I worked for Viera Diagnostic in Viera, Florida for the past 3 years. I broke my leg recently and they said they didn't need me anymore, as I need physical therapy three times a week to insure mobility in the future. I have over 15 years experience and cannot find a job. Anyone have any ideas. I did one test for one company, they said I did not pass. I am wondering if I should throw in the towel. I love this work and feel that I am a very good transcriptionist. Any ideas are welcome. ...

$8.65 An Hour W/35 Years Experience
Sep 28, 2010

that's what I averaged last week; a disgrace is what it is ...

My Experience Is 3 Years Old, How Do I Get Back In?
Jan 13, 2011

I worked in transcription for 20+ years. My last job was for 16 years, acute care and lots of specialty experience, ESL, radiology. But, I have not worked for 3 years. I can't seem to get a bite. I want to be a full time employee. I have an explanation for my hiatus on my resume. Also, does it detract because I have a Bachelor's degree listed on my resume? THANKS GUYS ...

Looking For Work, Over 7 Years Experience
Sep 02, 2014

I have had less volume at work recently at the place I have been working for over the past 4 years.  Im ready to move on but I want to find the right place for me.  Ive done some hospital and acute care work in the past and didn't care for it.  For the last 4 years Ive done clinic work, mostly ortho, and would like to find a place that will put me on clinic accounts only.  I need steady work and at least .08 a line.  Does anyone have any suggestions of companies the ...

Just Failed A Test (25 Plus Years Experience)
Jun 22, 2010

I must be getting too old for this and losing grey cells.  Totally ashamed. I thought the testing was difficult, but.... Either retirement or change of career may be in store for me. ...

Offered 8 Cpl At SoftScript For 20 Years Experience.
Jan 05, 2011

Has anyone said that was not enough and have them counter offer with more?  I don't plan on working for SS (I saw way too many complaints on the other board about them), but what about future offers which I suspect will not be any higher?  I saw on the resume board what I consider way too many willing to work for 7 cpl with plenty of experience.  Is it likely they will pay more when others are willing to work for so much less?  And many of these 7 cpl were IC.  Al ...