A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

To all the MTs out there with 20 plus years' experience - Kiki

Posted: Jan 11, 2010

Could you please tell me HOW you did it?  Nevermind the decreasing pay or anything like that.  I'm talking how did you do it PHYSICALLY?  I'm 10 years in, love the nature of the work, etc.  However, I feel beat up from head to toe after only 10 years and while I'd love to stick it out another 10 or 20, assuming it's still a viable option, I just don't know if I could do it.  I'm healthy, pretty fit, but my entire lower legs are constantly aching from pushing up and down on the foot pedal probably thousands of times if not 100,000 times; my wrists aren't as bad all the time but I have their moments where I could cry they ache so bad.  The leg pain IS constant though.  I soak my legs in epsom salts, massage them, sit in one of those bath jacuzzis every night....still I ache. 

Please, all you troopers with 20 or so or more years' experience, please tell me, does it get any better, the achiness?  I figure if it hasn't in 10 years though, prob won't.  But is there something you do to cope and combat this?  I have a perfectly ergonomic set up, 2 foot pedals to switch back and forth, an ergo low-force keyboard.....not sure what else I could do. 

Just feeling very defeated here in the middle of the night...........

Thanks in Advance for any replies.  All are appreciated.

Not sure what to tell you - Old part-timer

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't have the aches and pains you describe and I've been doing this for 35 years total. I do have the luxury now of being part-time which certainly helps. One thing I found that really helped was putting my foot pedal on an elevated platform - it's only 2-3 inches but makes a huge difference - I'm not sure why. The other thing is to get up a lot to walk or stretch a bit. To be honest, I can't sit here for 1 hour straight without getting up.

To all the MTs out there with 20 plus years' experience - Kiki - Jody

[ In Reply To ..]
Re the foot pain...I always work with a slipper or something like that under my heel. Brings my foot parallel to the floor, very little movement to activate the pedal. Of course, you already know, try to exercise...take walks, do the thing where you go up and down on your toes, stuff like that. Re the hands, make sure you "shake them out" often. Ergo chair, desk, as well as keyboard. I take long hot baths at the end of the day. I have had pain in my arms so bad I had to wrap them in towels and fill with ice...but that was before I changed KB. Find what works for you. I use ST (smartype)...cuts down on my keystrokes drastically. And when you are having a bad spell, take ibuprofen if you are able...but take it around the clock, not just now and then. Avoid things that put a strain on your arms/hands. Sounds obvious, but things like opening jars and lifting, stuff like that. Use Ben-Gay whatever when you need to. And again...make sure you take breaks. Do hand/arm massages. Warm, moist towels on the neck.

Hope something in the above helped.

Jody

Never thought to try ibuprofen - but I will next time...Thanks so much! n/m - Kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
c

One of many important factors - Fingers

[ In Reply To ..]
Try to see if you can get your body to relax. I have found that if I am running behind, I type faster, and my body tenses up. This happens as well when I have a day doing a lot of research. While you may not feel mentally stressed, you need to make your body more comfortable. I have found that the tension and stress can cause you to feel sore at the end of the day. Hope that helps at least a little.

Old-time MT with aches and pains - cmh

[ In Reply To ..]
I too have problems with wrists and ankles and legs and hips.... When my ankle really bothers me I will switch feet by moving my footpedal to the other side for awhile. It usually helps. For my hips you just have to remember to get up and stretch and move around periodically. Ibuprofen does help take the edge of sometimes. I also try to do periodic stretching and/or massaging of my ankles and hands. I live in the northern area (Ohio) and find that keeping my feet, legs, hands and arms warm helps significantly. Sometimes even just a pair of socks and a scarf over the back of my neck and shoulders helps to relax the muscles and cut down on the tension. Hope some of this helps!!!

Reply - Alice

[ In Reply To ..]
Are you getting enough deep, restful sleep? If not, it could be fibromyalgia, or some other such malady that is causing your pains.

When I worked third shift, I ached all the time. According to what I read, lack of deep, restful sleep is one of the causes of fibromyalgia pain. No matter how hard I tried to sleep in the daytime, the only time that I could really get that really restful sleep was when it was totally dark outside. No manner of light shades, eye covering, etc., would help.

foot pedal up and down - are you

[ In Reply To ..]
Are you actually lifting your foot off the floor to use your foot pedal. I just use the ball of my foot near the toes, and rest my heel on the floor. I like the idea of elevating the leg not used for the foot pedal, or elevating your foot pedal. Make sure your chair has a good lumbar support and a high back, and then use a small roll or pillow behind your neck when leaning against the chair.

I have not really had any problems with the legs whatsoever. Make sure the seat of your chair is not catching the back of your legs wrong and putting pressure on them.

I check in with a chiropractor every couple of months for maintenance or a nice massage, in particular a hot stone massage, would actually loosen things up too. We need to give ourself this luxury now and then, despite the lack of income with this job.

take fish oil capsules, it "lubricates" your whole body..nm - fish oil

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

aches - bips

[ In Reply To ..]
I only have a few years working as an MT but I started 3 years ago getting very tired, and then the achiness started, mostly in the back of my legs but still all over my body as well. I also sit in a very comfortable chair, like a recliner, so it wasn't that. This was very gradual, and I thought I was just out of shape, working too much. Anyway, after many doctors thinking I was crazy and not finding anything in my lab tests, I went to a DO who has experience with CFS, fibromyalgia and all that. He found an elevated mycoplasma level. It won't cause an elevated white count, and many doctors are not familiar with it. It gets in your cells and basically sucks the energy out of them, causes your body to attack itself. Memory issues, pain/aches, total awful fatigue are all part of it. Also, it can mess up your immune system. Mine happens to be overactive. The treatment is a bunch of antibiotics about 6 months to a year. Maybe this is not what you have, but you might want to try a DO. Sometimes they know more than regular docs. If I can help 1 person find out what is wrong instead of waiting FOREVER for a diagnosis like I did-- it will be worth me replying and looking like an idiot :)

thanks for posting this...nm - .

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

You defintely do not look like an idiot. Quite the - Kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
opposite for trying to help someone. I'm going to look into this because the symptoms you describe do sound like me. Thanks again!

Ditto to this! My DO has helped me tremendously as well sm - RoadrunnerMT

[ In Reply To ..]
with my major multiple medical problems. Much better than probably 10 MDs did over a 2-yr span. I continually went back to the DO to get the help that worked.

Do you have a term for your health problems? Is there a specific disease or is it just the mycoplasma levels being elevated contributing? I have health problems where my body is basically attacking itself like an autoimmune disease but nothing has been found yet. Very interested to know. Feel free to email me directly if you wish.

I have to mix up my routine depending on where the discomfort is - Ancient MT

[ In Reply To ..]

I have 35+ years in and am getting ready to hang it up.  I agree that stress and tension are the culprits (if it is not medical, like fibromyalgia).   That was the primary reason why I had trouble getting through an entire shift without some discomfort, but mine was mostly in my shoulders.  I finally figured out that mixing up my routine worked the best, instead of just counting on one way of sitting in my chair. 

I use different things on different days, depending on how tired I am or if I know I am going to be stressed by having to deal with difficult dictators that day.  First, I never wear shoes or even slippers.  I always transcribe barefoot during the summer and have the windows open for fresh air.  In the winter, I only wear socks (if my feet are cold).  That way, when I am waiting for files to load or looking up references, I can wiggle my toes, curl them, etc (I got that idea from Bruce Willis in his first Diehard movie.  LOL). 

I use a heated massage chair cushion.  A good one with a high back and multiple settings can be pricey, but definitely worth it in the long run.  If the back of my legs are tight, I turn it around so the back is hanging down.  That way, I can rest the back of my legs against the part that my back usually rests on, and I can get a leg massage and heat treatment on my legs. 

I also try different pillow rolls – behind the neck, behind the small of the back, even sitting on one.  That is just a matter of finding where the stress is and putting the pillow where it feels the best. 

I use Aromatherapy scented candles or a diffuser with essential oils, mostly during the end of  my shift because I work nights and go to bed right after I get done working.  There is no way to scientifically prove this, but I seem to sleep better after I have had the candles/diffuser going for a couple hours before I go to bed. 

Basically, just keep trying different things because what works today may not help tomorrow. 

Good luck. 

Some hints I pulled off the web today: 

HAND AND FOOT GYMNASTICS
Repeat each step five times.

• Curl your toes as tight as you can and release.

• Curl your entire foot down towards your heel and then stretch upwards.

• Now circle your feet slowly clockwise and anticlockwise.

• Clench your hands into fists. Then release, opening the fingers wide.

• Stretch your fingers up at right-angles to your wrist. Then bring them down so they point towards the floor.

• Make fists again and circle clockwise and then anticlockwise.

SHOULDER-SHRUGGING

• Sit comfortably with your arms free.

• Bring your shoulders right up to your ears, shrugging as hard as you can. Intensify the tension in your body as much as possible. Breathe in as you shrug upwards.

• Tilt your head back as far as it will go.

• Exhale and let your shoulders flop down and your head return forwards. You should feel a sense of heat in your neck and shoulders - more blood is now able to circulate through this high-tension area. Repeat as necessary.

Practice constructive vandalism: Beat the hell out of bubble wrap. It sounds acutely weird but a professor of psychology, Dr Kathleen Dillon, has proved that popping bubble wrap (apparently the big bubbles work best) dispels pent-up nervous energy and muscle tension. She also points out that, unlike many other forms of stress-busting, bubble-popping requires no instruction and no practice. Try it – it really does seem to help.

some thoughts - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I haven't read all the responses, so forgive if this is a repeat.

I've been doing this 35 yr. Suggest that you get up frequently, at the very least, every 2 hr, and walk around a little bit.

I take Carlson's fish oil -- it is liquid, but with lemon or orange flavor -- and is very good. Not all supplements are what they say they are; this one is supported by independent ConsumerLab studies.

I am short, so I put my foot pedal up on a box. I change position of my foot. Sometimes i even put my wrist rest under my heel.

I try to go outside for a walk 30 min or more in the middle of my day. Sitting still long periods is very hard on the body and this refreshes me mentally and physically.

You also might make sure you don't have something else going on, arthritis, PAD, fibromyalgia, etc.

Wishing you the best.

working more than 20 years - Sue

[ In Reply To ..]
Don't sit for more than an hour. Get up at least a minute or 2. I have been doing medical transcription for 35 years and that is real important. It helps to also stretch your neck and arms but definitely don't sit all day in front of the computer - it will catch up with you quick.

I would check out a real illness first and not blame the work - L&L

[ In Reply To ..]
I've been doing this since 1972; I quit for a couple of years and then went back. The first 3 weeks I had a different pain every day. Then it stopped. I don't take any special vitamins, I don't use any special techniques, and I'm unbelievably out of shape, but the only thing that bothers me is my eyes.

If you drink a lot of diet colas or foods with aspartame, you might watch the video "Swee Poison." Some people believe a lot of these generalized systemic symptoms and even fibromyalgia are related to aspartame, which, when it breaks down in your system, is basically wood alcohol, i.e., poison.

Hmm, I don't use aspartame but I do use a lot of - Kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
Splenda. I know it's different but still, might be something to think about. Thanks.

How I do it: - Zircon

[ In Reply To ..]
First of all, I've been lucky, because I don't have any major problems such as DVT, rheumatoid arthritis, obesity, etc.

Still, I do have osteoarthritis in both thumbs, but it hasn't been too much of a problem.

I GET UP FROM MY CHAIR FREQUENTLY. At home, I get up to put in a load of laundry, clean a litter box, get the mail, etc. Inhouse, I took plenty of bathroom breaks, plus a lunch break, and also we had to get up to use other computers to get work, or go into the copy room to make copies.

I KEEP MY HANDS WARM. I wear warm typing gloves year-round, except for the hottest summer days. This also keeps the arthritis from acting up.

I USE AN ADJUSTABLE KEYBOARD SHELF. I got a "4G by Humanoid". It's expensive, but well worth it. It mounts under the desk, and is fully adjustable in many directions. Couldn't work without it. I keep it low, at lap-height, and use a very soft gel-filled wrist pad.

FULLY ADJUSTABLE CHAIR. I tried several, but found a good one made by Sealy Posturepedic. Wide, well-padded, and adjusts 5 ways: Height, forward or backward tilt of the seat, forward or backward tilt of the backrest, height of the backrest, and an adjustable lumbar support. I usually make minor changes here and there during the day, depending on how I'm feeling.

Sometimes, despite all that, things still get sore. If my right elbow hurts (old injury & bone spur) Tylenol seems to do the trick. If it's neck and shoulder muscles, Aleve or ibuprofen works for me.

PS! - One more helpful product - Zircon

[ In Reply To ..]
One more thing I swear by is "Flexall" pain-relieving gel. I've tried others, but they don't work nearly as well. I have lots of trouble with tense muscles in my left neck and left shoulder. After rubbing Flexall into it, sometimes I don't even need an oral pain-reliever! You can get it in any supermarket or drugstore. (Small white bottle with a blue square on the front, that says "Flexall" in white letters.)

Standing up while transcribing - beat up

[ In Reply To ..]
I know it sounds weird, but they now have adjustable desks where you can adjust the height. I use one at work and it's great. If your back aches and gets tired, you just stand up and transcribe. I thought it would be uncomfortable and awkward, but it's actually quite comfortable.

true, I use it also, immediate relief...nm - Flexall

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Thanks for all the suggestions. I am going to - Kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
try to find a better chair, and I'll check that one out.

Aches/pains - tired MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I know just what you are talking about. You probably are getting circulation problems in your legs. I have to go sit on the couch for 15 minutes or so with my feet up at least every hour and a half. My hands hurt, my back hurts, have to wear two different braces occasionally when my back is really hurting. I have a flexible schedule and can take the time to do put my legs up. If you don't have a flexible schedule, you could probably put in a request to the HR dept and see what they say. I been doing this over 10 years and I really doubt i last much longer.

30 years! - Carol

[ In Reply To ..]
Yoga 30 minutes each morning. Denise Austin has a very easy yoga program on VHS and DVD called Essential Yoga. After you do it a few times, you can go through the various postures and stretches on your own. Works but you have to make the commitment and do it.

When you stay in one position for a prolonged amount of time, your muscles get tight and shorter, and Yoga moves will stretch your entire body.

My 2 cents. - 25+ years

[ In Reply To ..]
I also elevated my foot pedal, follow all the ergonomic instructions about hand/elbow/hip placement. For me, regular (every 15 minutes) stretching has been essential - I don't get up, I just shake my hands up in the air when the dictator is talking slow or shuffling papers, and I do hand stretches, arm raises, pull my shoulder blades together, and also lean my head back to stretch my neck the opposite way. Tilting my neck to each side, neck stretches while I work.

This book helped me when I went through a bout of severe pain that kept me from working for several months: Pain Free at Your PC by Pete Egoscue. Great stretches in there too. Also, a yoga class and a chiropractor who did acupuncture helped me through this same time period. Now, I can get by with regular (to constant) stretching, wiggling around, and making sure my body gets out of the same old same old typing posture numerous times during my work day.

Similar Messages:

5 Years Experience
Mar 28, 2013

How is a person supposed to get a job when everyone wants 5 years experience? So I have to work another three years for the place that I am working before I can get a better job? By that time MT's will be totally obsolete. I feel like quiting.   ...

I Wonder Why You Need 5+ Years' Experience For
Oct 15, 2014

only 1 year for Acute Care if apparently Acute care is more difficult?  ???? ...

15+ Years Experience And Can Not Get Employment
Mar 23, 2010

I worked for Viera Diagnostic in Viera, Florida for the past 3 years. I broke my leg recently and they said they didn't need me anymore, as I need physical therapy three times a week to insure mobility in the future. I have over 15 years experience and cannot find a job. Anyone have any ideas. I did one test for one company, they said I did not pass. I am wondering if I should throw in the towel. I love this work and feel that I am a very good transcriptionist. Any ideas are welcome. ...

$8.65 An Hour W/35 Years Experience
Sep 28, 2010

that's what I averaged last week; a disgrace is what it is ...

My Experience Is 3 Years Old, How Do I Get Back In?
Jan 13, 2011

I worked in transcription for 20+ years. My last job was for 16 years, acute care and lots of specialty experience, ESL, radiology. But, I have not worked for 3 years. I can't seem to get a bite. I want to be a full time employee. I have an explanation for my hiatus on my resume. Also, does it detract because I have a Bachelor's degree listed on my resume? THANKS GUYS ...

Looking For Work, Over 7 Years Experience
Sep 02, 2014

I have had less volume at work recently at the place I have been working for over the past 4 years.  Im ready to move on but I want to find the right place for me.  Ive done some hospital and acute care work in the past and didn't care for it.  For the last 4 years Ive done clinic work, mostly ortho, and would like to find a place that will put me on clinic accounts only.  I need steady work and at least .08 a line.  Does anyone have any suggestions of companies the ...

Just Failed A Test (25 Plus Years Experience)
Jun 22, 2010

I must be getting too old for this and losing grey cells.  Totally ashamed. I thought the testing was difficult, but.... Either retirement or change of career may be in store for me. ...

Offered 8 Cpl At SoftScript For 20 Years Experience.
Jan 05, 2011

Has anyone said that was not enough and have them counter offer with more?  I don't plan on working for SS (I saw way too many complaints on the other board about them), but what about future offers which I suspect will not be any higher?  I saw on the resume board what I consider way too many willing to work for 7 cpl with plenty of experience.  Is it likely they will pay more when others are willing to work for so much less?  And many of these 7 cpl were IC.  Al ...

How Long Should An MT With 10+ Years Experience Expect To Be On
Apr 26, 2011

Sometimes I wonder with companies who pay an MT less while they are on full QA, if they don't simply keep that MT on QA for as long as possible to avoid paying the higher rate.  Has anyone ever pressed the QA issue? ...

TTD - Recent Info...not Somebody's Bad Experience Over 2 Years Ago
May 28, 2012

I find it frustrating that some MTs are completely unhappy with this company and yet you find threads of MTs who are happy. ?? How can it be both ways.    I would like to hear from someone who is HAPPY with transcription doctors.  Not smart off comments from people who are just feeding off the threads of others.  Just because a hiring process is easy, does not mean it is a bad company.  As far as the 6 weeks to get the first check...that is in the initial paperwork we received, so that&# ...

6 Years Experience, But No Formal Training -HELP
Dec 07, 2012

Hi all, I have been doing MT on a contingent basis for the last 6 years for my mom (who used to run her own I/C company). For the past 3 years I've been a CNA and this past August had to choose between knee surgery to continue being a CNA or to find another line of work, I have 2 little girls, so I chose the later.  The problem I'm running into is it seems to be a requirement to have a degree or cert in MT/ME to find ANY thing in this field! Does anyone know of a company that doe ...

Failed MQ Test? 15 Years Experience? Anyone Else Have Trouble?
Jul 18, 2010

Anyone ever failed the Medquist Test. Do they let you see results?   I thought I did great, however, evidently not? I have 15 years experience.     ...

I REFUSE TO ACCEPT 7 TO 8 CPL WITH 20 YEARS EXPERIENCE-IT IS AN INSULT TO ME
Aug 11, 2010

I have been testing all week. Some companies will not even discuss pay until you take their tests. Then, I waste my time taking these tests only to be offered 7 and 8 cpl. It is absolutely offensive to me to offer me that low pay. You want all of my years of experience, but only want to pay "newbie" rates. I am completely and wholeheartedly giving up on this profession. ...

Have Satellite Internet. DO You Know Anyone Who Will Hire Me With 20+ Years Experience?
Jan 31, 2012

I moved to the country and now I have to use Satellite internet.  Are there any companies that will hire you with satellite internet?  ...

Years Of Experience Transcribing Psych Reports
Jul 19, 2012

Is there anyone here who can tell me for certain why so many companies want MTs to have 3-5 years experience for psych transcribing? I've transcribed many psych reports and they are not that difficult. Is there more involved when it is strictly psych doctors? Thanks to anyone who can enlighten me.  ...

I Have Not Worked In 6 Years, And Only Have 3 Months Experience, Is There Hope In Finding A Medical
Jul 05, 2012

I graduated from a local Technical College with a Certificate in Medical Transcription. I had spent a year searching for a company that would hire someone new, but had no luck. Then, out of the blue a local company had seen my resume and offered me a job. I got the job, but the thing was I was almost 7 months pregnant with my second child! I had only worked a couple months until our baby was born and after consideration, decided not to come back so I could be with our baby full-time. Well, it ha ...

Is InScribe LLC, Kentucky Changing; Anyone Recently Apply Or Been Hired Who Has Years Of Experience;
May 11, 2011

Okay, I know InScribe LLC (Kentucky) has been on the Boards multiple times (at least monthly, if not weekly, it seems), but I just noticed they have a “Premium” ad at the top of the Job Seeker’s Board.  I guess these “Featured Listings” are not free, as the other listings are.  If I remember correctly, most of the posts on the Boards have been by Newbies, because InScribe evidently is one of the few MTSOs that hire new graduates.  However, it appear ...

After Years And Years Of Being IC, Obtained Employee Status At A Co. Sm
Nov 26, 2012

Thought that after not having enough work for a couple years now and always chasing work, I'd now have a "real job" as an employee and wouldn't have to worry about a steady paycheck and paying the bills anymore. The reason I thought this was because at the interview and in their professional company emails, they use all the "real job" words:  Shift, scheduled hours, overtime, PTO, benefits, etc.  I felt relieved to finally have a "job." What a big bunch of BS! I was "hired" ...

3 Years. Question: How Many More Years Do You Plan To Be An MT/editor?
Dec 20, 2013

There is much speculation about the field of transcription - how many of us actually plan to be here 5 years, 10 years, 20 years from now. I realize that the field is going to change, which will contribute to your answer. Will there be enough transcriptionists/editors to fill the need in 5 years and in 10 years? Will the industry be forced out of offshoring because of taxes? Will there be a need even for editors if VR gets better? These are all unanswered questions, but my question is, what ...

I Worked For M*Modal A Couple Of Years Ago Or So And I Worked For Medquist Several Years Ago.
Aug 08, 2014

Lately, I've been getting legal notices mailed to my home from I believe the east coast somewhere informing me of a class action lawsuit against M*Modal and inviting me to joint if I have a claim.  I don't think I have a claim, but then again with all the shady practices in this business, I'm not so sure.  I'm just curious what the heck is going on. Anyone care to give me the lowdown? ...

New Graduate - Experience In Transcription Is Experience
Nov 11, 2009

I am a new graduate and need to find a job! I am also new to this site. I got the site info from a friend that has been doing transcription work for many years. She has given me some leads, but as of now, nothing! It appears that most of these companies wnat 2 or more years experience. Does anyone know how I can start and get some experience? I suppose in anything and not just medical. Experience in transcription is experience, right? ...

I Am Now Getting My 9th CCM In 7.5 Years. I Have Had
Dec 04, 2009

horrible ESL accounts, horrible teaching facilities with residents who don't know how to dictate.  By the time you get used to them, they're gone.  I have been insulted by taking an enormous pay cut for the over rated, under performing ASR.  Through all of this, I have mostly been happy with my job.  Now, however, I will finally say that I hate MQ.  I hope they lose all their accounts to nice mom and pop people.  I hope they go bankrupt and have to move in ...

A FIRST For Me After Many Years Here At MQ
Mar 13, 2010

A 12-second dictation interrupted secondary to ....   orgasm Did they ever show this on ER? ...

My CPL 26 Years Ago
Jan 13, 2011

Twenty-six years ago I had a part-time job on the side working for a local service in CA, and I was paid 6.5 cpl as an IC way back then.   It's shocking to me that all these years later, the rate is still so low. ...

18 Years
Dec 12, 2011

So, got my congratulatory e-mail from medquist today for working here for 18 years as of this month  How ironic . . . I got that e-mail on the same day that I got the call from the Department of Welfare telling me that due to my low income (despite working full time) my kids are eligible for medical benefits from welfare!  I even replied to my "congratulatory" MQ e-mail stating so!  I know some of you will retort with "why stay?" but I have a disabled husband to take care of, ...

Its Taken Almost 2 Years
Sep 05, 2012

I wanted to take a moment to tell you all how grateful I was to find this board over a year ago.  I was sitting there not understanding why I couldn't make any money, why I felt like a piece of crap about my abilities.  Having this board, people who understand and validate my feelings made a huge huge difference for me.   My last day is tomorrow.  I got a medical records job.  I'll  work days, I'll have Friday and Saturday nights off again, ...

Pay Changes Over Years
Jan 12, 2013

Is anybody out there making very good money with speech recognition?  It seems anybody I talk to indicates they are making a lot less with speech than straight typing.  Course the MTSOs want you to believe you can do the speech in half the time of straight.  ...

I Have Been Doing This For 15 Years And Just Can't (sm)
Jul 02, 2013

believe the crap that this company dishes out to us.  I know 150 lines is achievable because that was the minimum at my last company (bought back, not here by choice!).  My former company, however, did not have a time clock, which took the pressure off if I had a string of difficult reports or extensive referencing because I could work a bit longer to make up the lines if I had to.  I am PT with no benefits, no sick days, no holidays, work Saturdays, and only a few PTO days a ...

After 36 Years -
Nov 16, 2013

Working for Nuance has been horrible since the onset a year ago with immediate pay cut.  Since then it's been one thing and another to make an MT feel imprisoned working for this company.  With their 99% accuracy criteria OR ELSE - very few of us stand a chance of maintaining our jobs.  My job was threatened for not meeting consistent FIESA scores of 99%. COME ON -  we're making half what we used to and now some QA "specialists" come along and arbitrarily "grade our ...

25 Years
Feb 06, 2014

doing this job and NOW I cant pass an audit..Lets see Mmodal, had you not made it next to impossible to make a living wage, I could slow down and re-read every word..And you make up THE most stupid crap so that I HAVE to fail...So question is if I get fired for not passing an audit (because I am not changing a freaking thing I do) can I collect U/E? ...