A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

grams and g, liter and L - doesnt make sense

Posted: Sep 25, 2010

I was reading one of the posts below that discusses using "g" for gram/grams and using "L" for liter/liters.

But I'm wondering because it really doesn't make a lot of sense.  Why do we use a little "g" for gram, but we use a capital "L" for liter?

Anyone know?

Most metric units are lower case but L to avoid confusion with 1 - n/m

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Softscript - Audit Nastygrams, QA Percent Nasty Grams, Line Count Nasty Grams
Oct 22, 2011

One after another, audit nastygrams, QA percent nasty grams, line count nasty grams.  They never end.   Supervisors pissed and surprised MTs don't show up and MTs quit.  Supervisors aren't smart enough to acknowledge why that is and manage it better.  Never ends. Yes supervisors pissed and surprised MTs don't show up and MTs quit and aren't smart enough to figure out their contribution to it all.  Neverending accounts of nasty grams from all corners and supervis ...

International Units Per Liter Or IU/L For Labs..sm
Feb 23, 2010

Some questions regarding this rule: for medications i know we shoud put in international units or just units but for labs, we can't put in IU/L? should it be internationa units per liter and for IU/mL, do we put in international units per mL or international units per milliliter?   Thanks. ...

Grams Or G??
Sep 25, 2010

Which is correct - no account specifics. ...

Grams Percent
Apr 29, 2010

Here is the dictated sentence. Her anemia had improved to 10 grams percent. How would you type that? 10 g%. doesn't look right. I typed it just like above but need confirmation for future dictations. Thanks ...

Grams Per Meter Squared
Mar 22, 2011

Brain fart.... Im a CMT and I completely forgot the abbreviation (cannot use superscripts or subscripts).   Im doing a cardiology consult and I need to abbreviate the mass index of the left ventricle.  Help ASAP.  Thanks ...

_____ Oil 4 Grams Daily.
Dec 30, 2014

Hyperlipidemia/hypertriglyceridemia.  Triglycerides are higher on the Zetia.  He is also noticing side effects; therefore, Zetia was discontinued.  Discussed the correlation between the fish oil and prostate cancer.  We will switch to _____ oil 4 grams daily.  This word definitely starts with a C or a K and it is a short word, but I cannot figure out what other oil supplementation is used for hyperlipidemia.  Help please.   ...

Drug S/l Corvella 3 Grams Pt Has History Of Urinary Incontinence, DVT
Apr 01, 2012

x ...

Pt With Germ Cell Tumor. LDH Is 738 "microns Per Liter".
May 27, 2011

She does stumble on "microns"  Med student.  Could this be right?  ...

How To Type "per Liter Square"
Jan 15, 2010

1000 mg per liter square ...

Cefazolin 2 Grams IV "PP"
May 14, 2015

On an operative report doc dictates, "Cafazolin 2 grams IV PP."  What is "PP"?  I can't find anything to help me out.  This is on an account that has strict abbreviations and acronyms expanded, so i need to know what it is.   ...