A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

SoftScript Mailed Check - Curious

Posted: Jan 12, 2011

Just curious if you have had a checked mailed to you for the last pay period if you have received it yet or not.  I was told mine was mailed the 6th but I still have not received it and just wondering if others have received theirs or not?  Undecided

Tell them to reissue another and you will mail them the original - if it ever shows up. And dont let them SM

[ In Reply To ..]
say YOU have to pay stop payment or pay re reissuing another check. This is all on them. You never even touched the check yet.

Checks in the mail - INMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I had a check mailed last month,, from the payperiod ending Nov 30. once they mailed it, it took 6 days to get to me..
Dont hold your breath that they will stop payment this soon.

Good luck.

I'll give it a day or 2 more - Curious

[ In Reply To ..]
Well, today makes day 6 and it didn't come in so I will give it a day or 2 more. I realize they are in CA and I am in MO but my in-laws from NY can mail me something and we normally get it in 3 days (not counting X-MAS) but perhaps with all the W2's and such going out, there is more mail than usual and it is taking longer. I will sure be glad once my auto deposit kicks in as I live paycheck to paycheck and need it ASAP!

Also, take into cosideration the weather lately. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Many places are experiencing severe weather and that can lead to the mail being slower.

Yea, doncha just hate it when Cali gets so much snow it slows - the mail down. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Softscript Mailed Check - curious er

[ In Reply To ..]
You guys are paid on the 6th. What the heck! Did they have problems with pay this period, shouldn't it have posted on the 1st or 31st for the holiday like every other company i can think of

I hate to find myself in the position of defending SS, but actually sm - SSMT

[ In Reply To ..]
we were paid early, and usually are paid at least a day early. It is stated that the payday will be 5 business days after the end of the pay period, and since the end of the pay period was 12/31, the pay day officially would have been 1/7 but we were paid on 1/06. Of course, I have no work, but the 50 cents that I earned was in my checking account on 1/6.

Softscript Mailed Check - ROFLMEO

[ In Reply To ..]
It is standard procedure in business to pay on the ACTUAL pay date which would have been January 1 and most companies post pay the day before a holiday. Do you realize what this means for their cash flow as well as yours? They have got to love you . . .
I'm not sure what your issue is, but the actual pay date is not Jan 1. - SSMT
[ In Reply To ..]
The pay period ended on December 31. I have never heard of any company who pays the next day. Keep on laughing ... it apparently is funny in your strange little world.

Pay period does not end until the end of the month. sm - SSOldie

[ In Reply To ..]
It would be extremely hard for them to do payroll in 1 day.

I'm with you. Never saw a company pay 1 day after the end of the pay period. nm - Someone has unreal expectations

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Still no check today, but hopefully tomorrow - Curious

[ In Reply To ..]
I double checked and it was definitely mailed the 6th (Thursday, but maybe didn't hit the post office until Friday) and to the correct address so guess it is just the US MAIL. Fingers crossed I get it tomorrow!

MAILED CHECK - Hyper-Typer

[ In Reply To ..]
Do any of these companies do direct deposit?

Yes, but I'm a new hire...1st check - Curious

[ In Reply To ..]
My next check will probably be mailed as well but thereafter will be auto deposit:-)

I don't think so ... I was lucky and got my first check DD, so surely your next one will be too - SSMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry for the long wait. I know how frustrating that can be. I hope you get it today. :-)

Got it today! - Finally

[ In Reply To ..]
Finally got it...and it was posted the 6th so guess it was just the US MAIL. All I know is, glad to finally have it.

Similar Messages:

Anyone Still Have A Check Mailed To Them At Keystrokes?
Nov 16, 2009

I am going to try to live without using a bank as my way of protesting against the recklessness of the Banking Industry and the fees that I have been charged when DD isn't posted until hours after checks go through on the 15th and 1st.  My DD was changed this pay period and will be mailed.  I am wondering if anyone from Keystrokes has their check mailed to them and if so, an estimate of how long it takes for it to arrive. Thank you kindly.  I am in the West. ...

In Filling Out Paperwork For SoftScript, I Note I Have To Give Them Permission To Check My Driving
Sep 24, 2010

record.  That's a new one on me.  I work at home and no driving is involved, so why would they care?  It's bad enough companies routinely check credit scores, now this.  More and more it feels an invasion of privacy, and if I am using my own equipment in my own home, why would anyone care if my credit sucks or if I am a horrific drive?  Oh well ... ...

W2 On ADP....mailed?
Jan 22, 2014

I'm unable to print right now and I saw that the W2 is on the ADP site.  Will they also be mailed to us?  ...

Bobbi - You E-mailed Me...please Sm
Oct 26, 2009

I tried to reply to your e-mail but it bounced back. With VR, you'll receive the transcription already typed by the platform and the voice file.  You will listen through the entire dictation.  There are 2 cursors on the page - one that always marks where the voice file is and one that marks where you've left the keyboard at.  So, you will use a keystroke combination to move the keyboard cursor.  When you find a word or phrase you need to change/edit or a place you ...

To The Person Who E-mailed Me About TAA -
Jun 15, 2011

Your e-mail said:  "I'm in California and was told I can't apply for it unless I get let go specifically because they are offshoring my job, and then only after I'm already on unemployment. Did you get MQ to tell you that?"   No.  The caseworker for my TAA case told me that.  Said if I knew of anyone else to tell them as well.  Even if you have not LOST your job at all but have lost work, go apply for unemployment benefits and tell them your employer ha ...

Spheris W2's Mailed Out Yet?
Feb 01, 2011

I am no longer working at Spheris/Medquist and was just wondering if anyone had recieved their W2 by mail yet?  I read a few posts back that they were online around the 20th.  ...

I E-mailed My Concerns....sm
Dec 04, 2014

and I suggest you all do too. To your TSM. Allow some time for answers; however, I would keep e-mailing/calling and don't let up. Besides it might be slightly illegal is the fact that it isn't fair. When I get some answers I will relay them on here for you all. Please e-mail as well and ask. We need to be proactive. There is some unfair stuff going on and I didn't go to school and work doing this for 12 years now for some company to do this to me. I feel we are all worth way more ...

New To The Q- E-mailed CCM Northern Region About Needing To Change Schedule
Jan 05, 2010

if you want to change your hours, not the days. ...

Is It Check Rein, Check-rein, Or Checkrein Ligaments
Sep 19, 2011

NM ...

Last Check
Aug 17, 2011

I turned in my 2-week notice and working the last week of the notice.  When can I expect to get my last check as I am waiting on labels from the company to send back computer and cannot get CCM to answer as to if check will be held until computer is returned?  Is there anybody with this experience that can tell me how long to expect to wait for the check and to wait for the labels as I have nowhere else to turn for the answers?  Really need my check, but cannot get anyone to send ...

Hey Check This Out...
Sep 13, 2011

Moderator:  I hope you will leave this on. Look on the Company Board. Scroll down to: Journalist's deadline question on Webmedx and Nuance - sewhidbey A journalist is doing an article on the local hospital's decision to outsource their transcription to Webmedx. The journalist wants info from MT's. Good chance to talk about Q, too! Here's a link to the article: http://www.pnwlocalnews.com/whidbey/wnt/business/129555093.html ...

PT Check $100 Less Than FT
Oct 11, 2011

I'm no genuis, but I think I have to make some changes here.  My PT check for 20 hours was around 100 less than my FT 40 hour check.  I like my FT job, good accounts, great supervisors, but the lines just don't accumulate there like anywhere else I have ever worked.   Then I worry, what if the other company runs out of work or loses an account and I get laid off.  There is no security in this business anymore.  I guess, just don't burn your bridges b ...

Last Check..does Anyone Know?
Feb 13, 2013

Does anyone know how long it takes for Nuance to get your last check out to you? ...

Check This
Nov 08, 2013

Read ...

Can Someone Tell Me How We Check Our
Dec 13, 2013

line counts?   Is it in Fluency or in UltiPro, or something else?  Thanks for any help ...

No Check
Dec 27, 2014

Anybody else not have their checks deposited yesterday? I was going to pay bills this morning and my check is not there! ...

Check Out These Rates (4th One Down)
Jan 10, 2010

They're based in California: http:///www.chromolumeinc.comp/transcription/rates.html ...

BNP Or BMP? For Zestoretic Check.. Sm
Mar 15, 2010

She has dehydration, suspect medication induced.  Thanks! ...

Final Check
Jun 30, 2010

Do anybody know how your final check is sent by Keystrokes?  I had direct deposit and wondered if it would go that way or be mailed out. ...

Where Is Everyone This Morning? I Did Not Get My Check. Sm
May 10, 2010

Well, to the poster below in ESL garbage land, first let me say.  I too was in that same place 2 weeks ago.  An addition to my regular account, but it was all I was getting and NOT getting my OP notes at all.   The reports were not more than 20 lines usually, but I spent much, much time in trying to decipher and be FTR.  My CCM was very good about it, and told me it would be taken off and I would not have to do that account any longer.   Of course, I wish I had ...

Check Your Mailbox!
May 17, 2010

Ya just gotta love it! ...

It's So Nice To Not Have To Check That Box At The End
Sep 09, 2010

so many times i've cursed because i was at the end of my shift but i forgot to check the box and had to do another one ...

Check This Out, Very Scary
Nov 13, 2010

A doctor who cannot pronounce encephalomalacia! She fumbles around with it for a while and then says "oh well, I will just spell it" and did so like she was asking a question (did spell it correctly though). This is an English speaking dictator with an MD credential.  Must be a resident as she has a co-signer but, my God, she should be more familiar with terms by now you would think.  She also fumbles around with common medication names and mg instead of mcg for Synthroid. Fo ...

Background Check
Dec 21, 2010

Has anyone out there not pass the background test through medquist ...

Check Out Link Below
Feb 23, 2011

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/71069538/Management-Led-Buyout-of-MedQuist-Causes-Shareholder-Claim-Investigation-by-Goldfarb-Branham-Law-Firm-LLP they are trading stocks with each other??  ...

If You're Check Was Incorrect
May 23, 2011

and short by a small amount, say .10, would you notify your MTSO or just let it go?  This is my situation and it is such a small amount I feel silly saying anything, and haven't brought it to their attention.  I've got mixed feelings about it... the money is due to me, but it's such a small amount it doesn't seem worth pursuing.  However, every little bit adds up.  It happens occasionally by a couple cents here and there and normally I don't say anyth ...

Check On UltiPro
Dec 14, 2011

My check for this pay period isn't showing up today.  Is anyone else having this problem? ...

SPELL CHECK BOX
Jan 30, 2012

My spell check box is too small.  I cannot see the Ignore, change, etc. boxes.  Can anyone tell me how to enlarge the box so I can see all of the choices?  TIA ...

No Check, Who Do I Call?
Mar 27, 2012

I've always gotten a paper check, but this time, as of today, it hasn't arrived.  I know I should call HR, but who?  The one listed under "MTs and Operations" or the one listed under "Finance, Accounting"?   ...

Wed. Mail - Still No Check
Mar 28, 2012

Struck out here.  Hopefully one of the others still waiting has better luck.     ...