A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Soft Script MTs - advice, please?

Posted: Apr 19, 2014

SS currently has an ad, from what I read on here I think I would like to join you.  Two questions:  How many accounts must you work to stay in work and is there any training pay?  Thank you so much!

There is training with pay - Used to work there

[ In Reply To ..]
They are one of the only ones that are not talking about VR and say they will continue to do straight typing. However, they are wishy washy and moody. They snatched my accounts everytime I got all of my shortcuts and and macros set up. It seems like they want you to struggle. I worked for the for five years. On the plus side, I like their platform and their word expander. It made it very easy for you to get your quota.

SS - Former SS

[ In Reply To ..]
Training, for me, was an hour or so on the phone with my team lead and that was it. You then get a probation period of 90 days. During those 90 days you work on MANY accounts. The thing with SS, if a certain account has work, they call "all hands on deck" to come and finish that work. So, that means you are jumping from account to account with as many as 10 accounts at one time and 10 very different account specifics. An account specific error causes your QA score to drop dramatically and if you don't keep a high score you are terminated. When I worked there I once had a QA score of 89%. In 20 years as an MT, I have never, ever even came close to a score like that, nor would I have thought it was possible. I finally got terminated though, due to my low QA scores.

SS was a second job for me and on my other job, I have always excelled above and beyond QA requirements, so that tells me maybe it was not so much of my problem as it was theirs.

Training pay is $8 - ComfortablyNumb

[ In Reply To ..]
As the above poster said training consists of 1 hour on the phone for which they pay you $8 an hour. Be glad because that is the highest pay you will ever get from them. They rationalize this lack of training as the fact that they use Microsoft Word, which they presume everyone knows and uses, but they ignore the fact that you have to interface your Word knowledge with their accounts. It is terrible! The only thing that saved me is I had a a mentor (later fired) who encouraged to ask me questions. You are on mandatory QA until they think you are ready (hahahaha) and you would not believe the hateful comments I got back from some QA editors. I left a blank for a word and this person left a tracking comment that said "He spelled it for you! Are you kidding?" This doctor was from India and eating a sandwich at the time. Yes, his spelling it for me was very helpful. There are some very Mean Girls types at Softscript. They threaten you with termination if you send reports to QA which is really nothing more than a subtle encouragement to guess, then out the blue they will send an email about no guessing! I had a knot in my stomach a good deal of the time I worked there.

thanks - OP

[ In Reply To ..]
It seems official then, there is no decent place to work in the field of MT anymore. Will stay put and be UncomfortablyNumb.

Received $10.00 per hour for training at Nuance! - cj

[ In Reply To ..]
When I went through training at Nuance, I received $10.00 per hour. Eight dollars seems really low!!!

Similar Messages:

Re: Soft Script
Dec 24, 2010

I am curious if anybody has had any experience with this company whether applying or working for them. I find it disturbing that the school I graduated from lists them as one of the possible employers to apply for work since they hire new grads. I applied a few days ago, and they said I didn't have the amount of experience they were looking for. I have 2 years experience doing family practice reports plus just graduated recently. I would have thought I qualified. This is so discouraging. I ...

Soft Script?
Aug 31, 2012

Benefits: We offer 401K, and paid time off! Outstanding medical/dental/vision/life benefits available, discounted Dell computers, employee referral bonus program, minimum line requirements lower than industry average, MT Mentoring, production incentives; account variety; direct deposit. Anyone care to elaborate on the above?  TIA ...

Does Anybody Know Anything About Soft Script?
Jul 10, 2013

Soft Script Always Out Of Work !
Jan 20, 2011

Hi everyone.  I have been with Soft Script for 3-1/2 years.  Lately I am ALWAYS, ALWAYS out of work.  What is going on ??  Does anyone know ??  Also, they implemented "production managers" now and mine took nearly all my accounts away !!! I called her and asked for some of them back.  Is anyone else always out of work or having issues with their "production manager" ? ...

Soft Script Radiology
May 14, 2011

Anyone currently work for Soft Script doing radiology?  Good, bad and ugly about company, platform, management, pay etc?   Thanks Emma ...

Soft Script - Anyone Satisfied???
May 31, 2011

I'm curious to know if anyone CURRENTLY is happy with this company.  Is work steady?  I was under the impression they are 100% straight typing despite the letter I got today for testing which mentioned editing.  I've not heard many positives about them.  Does anyone have anything positive to say?  ...

Anybody Know Anything About Soft Script And Nuance?
Mar 28, 2013

Anyone Interviewed Recently With Soft Script And Found The
Oct 01, 2012

an isolated experience I had.  Maybe she was having a bad day?  I was just really turned off and think I will decline a position with them based on this experience.  Don't these companies realize the recruiter experience is the first face we see in your company?  Very disappointed here.  ...

Are OSI And Opti-Script The Same Company?? Need Info On Opti-Script
Nov 22, 2009

Can someone please email me priviately about Opti-Script.   I would like current info on what this company is like to work for and what line rate they start at.  Also, do they have any type of incentive pay?   Thanks so much! ...

Soft Call?
Nov 12, 2009

Her EMG about six months ago by Dr. _____ showed some left soft call 6-7 radicular suggestion but more importantly no peripheral nerve entrapment, injury or disease.   is this soft call? ...

Soft Looking Tissues?
Dec 08, 2010

would it be "soft-looking tissues" or "soft looking tissues"? I am usually pretty good with hyphen rules, but am drawing a blank here. Do you still hyphenate when you have an -ing word? ...

QA ? Soft-tissue Calcifications
Apr 21, 2011

I put   soft-tissue calcifications   and in another report put   soft-tissue swelling   and an editor changed it to  soft tissue calcifications    soft tissue swelling.    Was I wrong?  I thought it needed a hyphen.   ...

Abdomen Soft, A Brief Smash
Jul 13, 2012

sounds like doctor says, "Abdomen soft, a brief smash shows a corinthin neck." Is this right?.... ...

Maybe I'm Just Getting Soft-hearted In My Older
Jun 05, 2014

More and more I find it difficult to not shed tears during a report of a baby being sick or of a spouse who is struggling and depressed after losing their loved one. Especially hard when the dictator has to pause to gain composure before continuing.   ...

IStim Soft Tissue Mobilization?
May 21, 2010

Patient has lateral epicondylitis.  Doc is recommending "soft tissue mobilization techniques such as iStim and formal physical therapy"   Doc clearly says iStim, but the only thing I can find by that name is a TENS unit sex toy....and I doubt that will do much for his elbow. ...

Don't You Just Love Soft-spoken Dictators Who
Jan 14, 2012

speak very softy whilst dictating but then, without warning.......                     will cough very loudly and quite capably into the mike, rattling your inner core. Thanks, Bub.  I didn't need my tympanic membranes anymore since I am already headed into Oldladyville, and I have my eye on a fashionable rhinestone-studded ear horn.    ...

Any Advice For Dictator Who Is Loud And Soft
Apr 07, 2012

I can't find a happy medium.  It is too loud when he is loud and too soft when he is soft.  It's horrible and hurts and slows me down.  Thanks for any suggestions offered.  UGH.  ...

Give Him Some Soft Water And Peroxide *lavoshes* In The Right Ear. Thanks. Nm
Dec 09, 2009

nm ...

Soft Touch Keyboard For Excessive Typing
Aug 31, 2011

I need some of your opinions on soft touch keyboard for excessive typing.  Anyone have a favorite? ...

Microsoft Used To Make A Soft Touch Keyboard But Stopped...
May 20, 2010

really miss that keyboard, I can't remember its name but they quit making it about 5-6 years ago.  Does ayone know of a comparable one?  Where you barely touch the keys and there is no click?    ...

Osteotomy Of The Metatarsal And Soft Tissue Reconstruction With An ___(s/l Add-a-tor) Release Of The
Mar 18, 2015

Surgery would involve an osteotomy of the metatarsal and soft tissue reconstruction with an ___(s/l add-a-tor) release of the great toe   TIA ...

Specimen Is S/l Receipt S/l Informa And Consists Of 2 Fragments Of Soft Tissue
Oct 24, 2009

Maybe someone can help. The specimen is s/l receipt s/l informa and consists of 2 fragments of soft tissue.  The larger is a gray-white rubbery piece of epidermal tissue with a central yellow to gray slightly hemorrhagic ulcer. ...

Thank You, Opti-Script!
Dec 20, 2010

Nice surprise to receive my Christmas gift.  Although I know times are tough for everyone in our industry right now, it's great to work to work for a company that treats MTs well.  It's scary when I read postings on this board, but it makes me very thankful for the best company I've ever worked for.  They're not perfect but they try really hard.  Merry Christmas to all of you, and I hope 2011 is a good year for all of us who work v ...

Cs.net/voice Script
Nov 22, 2011

Anyone know anything about or used cs.net, voice script? ...

Cs.net, Voice Script
Jan 16, 2012

Can someone tell me what kind of software/platform this is?  TIA ...

Script For Prescription?
Mar 21, 2013

Is it OK to use script instead of prescription when the dictator says script? ...

Chart Script
Mar 03, 2014

Does anyone currently working with Chart Script know if it works using a satellite internet connection?  Thank you!!!  ...

Opti-Script - PT
May 01, 2014

Do part-timers have to work on the weekend?  I know FT, you have to rotate or be scheduled M-Th, T-Fri.  Thanks in advance!  ...

E-Script Platform At TTS
Jun 12, 2014

I have been offered  a position with TTS and wondering about the E-Script platform.  Is it user friendly, hard to learn, can you make any money on it.  This will be 98% VR work but the beginning wage for full-time sounds kind of low at 3.3 c/l.  Also, want to be sure there are plenty of backup accounts if primary is out of work.  ...

Opti-Script What Is Up With That? 
Nov 05, 2014

I see Optiscript is hiring and they havent kept their promise of calling the employees they laid off to come back.      ...