A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

QA ? soft-tissue calcifications - starting over

Posted: Apr 21, 2011

I put   soft-tissue calcifications   and in another report put   soft-tissue swelling   and an editor changed it to 

soft tissue calcifications    soft tissue swelling.    Was I wrong?  I thought it needed a hyphen.  

Soft tissue does not need a hyphen. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Soft tissue is its own term per se, just like - subcutaneous tissue. Do not hyphenate. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

IStim Soft Tissue Mobilization?
May 21, 2010

Patient has lateral epicondylitis.  Doc is recommending "soft tissue mobilization techniques such as iStim and formal physical therapy"   Doc clearly says iStim, but the only thing I can find by that name is a TENS unit sex toy....and I doubt that will do much for his elbow. ...

Osteotomy Of The Metatarsal And Soft Tissue Reconstruction With An ___(s/l Add-a-tor) Release Of The
Mar 18, 2015

Surgery would involve an osteotomy of the metatarsal and soft tissue reconstruction with an ___(s/l add-a-tor) release of the great toe   TIA ...

Specimen Is S/l Receipt S/l Informa And Consists Of 2 Fragments Of Soft Tissue
Oct 24, 2009

Maybe someone can help. The specimen is s/l receipt s/l informa and consists of 2 fragments of soft tissue.  The larger is a gray-white rubbery piece of epidermal tissue with a central yellow to gray slightly hemorrhagic ulcer. ...

Right Hallux Valgus Correction Utilizing "prox-extenic" Osteotomy And Distal Soft Tissue P
May 07, 2011

nm ...

Multiple Calcifications About The S/l *lye* Of The Pelvis??
Apr 28, 2010

. ...

Booker 2 To 3 Heterotopic Calcifications
Jun 04, 2014

She has fairly intense heterotopic calcifications that I would describe as probably a "Booker 2 to 3"?  ...

There Are Fine Interarticular Calcifications Next To The Superior S/l "ajuld" Acetabulum.
Aug 29, 2013

nm ...

Soft Call?
Nov 12, 2009

Her EMG about six months ago by Dr. _____ showed some left soft call 6-7 radicular suggestion but more importantly no peripheral nerve entrapment, injury or disease.   is this soft call? ...

Soft Looking Tissues?
Dec 08, 2010

would it be "soft-looking tissues" or "soft looking tissues"? I am usually pretty good with hyphen rules, but am drawing a blank here. Do you still hyphenate when you have an -ing word? ...

Re: Soft Script
Dec 24, 2010

I am curious if anybody has had any experience with this company whether applying or working for them. I find it disturbing that the school I graduated from lists them as one of the possible employers to apply for work since they hire new grads. I applied a few days ago, and they said I didn't have the amount of experience they were looking for. I have 2 years experience doing family practice reports plus just graduated recently. I would have thought I qualified. This is so discouraging. I ...

Soft Script?
Aug 31, 2012

Benefits: We offer 401K, and paid time off! Outstanding medical/dental/vision/life benefits available, discounted Dell computers, employee referral bonus program, minimum line requirements lower than industry average, MT Mentoring, production incentives; account variety; direct deposit. Anyone care to elaborate on the above?  TIA ...

Does Anybody Know Anything About Soft Script?
Jul 10, 2013

Soft Script MTs
Apr 19, 2014

SS currently has an ad, from what I read on here I think I would like to join you.  Two questions:  How many accounts must you work to stay in work and is there any training pay?  Thank you so much! ...

Tissue Help
Jun 22, 2010

PRIMARY PROCEDURE 1. CONE BIOPSY. 2. ENDOCERVICAL CURETTAGE. 3. ENDOMETRIAL CURETTAGE. The uterus sounded to 4 cm and  s/l  a escanted tissue was obtained. Intravenous fluid 1600 cc line s/l alboterial or abnoterial line. ...

Soft Script Always Out Of Work !
Jan 20, 2011

Hi everyone.  I have been with Soft Script for 3-1/2 years.  Lately I am ALWAYS, ALWAYS out of work.  What is going on ??  Does anyone know ??  Also, they implemented "production managers" now and mine took nearly all my accounts away !!! I called her and asked for some of them back.  Is anyone else always out of work or having issues with their "production manager" ? ...

Soft Script Radiology
May 14, 2011

Anyone currently work for Soft Script doing radiology?  Good, bad and ugly about company, platform, management, pay etc?   Thanks Emma ...

Soft Script - Anyone Satisfied???
May 31, 2011

I'm curious to know if anyone CURRENTLY is happy with this company.  Is work steady?  I was under the impression they are 100% straight typing despite the letter I got today for testing which mentioned editing.  I've not heard many positives about them.  Does anyone have anything positive to say?  ...

Abdomen Soft, A Brief Smash
Jul 13, 2012

sounds like doctor says, "Abdomen soft, a brief smash shows a corinthin neck." Is this right?.... ...

Anybody Know Anything About Soft Script And Nuance?
Mar 28, 2013

Maybe I'm Just Getting Soft-hearted In My Older
Jun 05, 2014

More and more I find it difficult to not shed tears during a report of a baby being sick or of a spouse who is struggling and depressed after losing their loved one. Especially hard when the dictator has to pause to gain composure before continuing.   ...

Mitroadipose Tissue
Dec 11, 2009

From a left breast axillary tail mass excisional biopsy: The pathology demonstrated an encapsulated s/l "mitroadipose" tissue consistent with lipoma.  The " i " in mitro is a short " i " ... as in pit or kit. Appreciative of any suggestions. ...

Ferret The Tissue?
Apr 14, 2011

Good morning, is anyone else awake?  I have a doctor talking about secondary wound closure over a tibia and osteomyelitis.  He says:   We may try and ferret the tissue, possibly even include the relaxing incision.  Help me please and thank you.  ...

Don't You Just Love Soft-spoken Dictators Who
Jan 14, 2012

speak very softy whilst dictating but then, without warning.......                     will cough very loudly and quite capably into the mike, rattling your inner core. Thanks, Bub.  I didn't need my tympanic membranes anymore since I am already headed into Oldladyville, and I have my eye on a fashionable rhinestone-studded ear horn.    ...

Any Advice For Dictator Who Is Loud And Soft
Apr 07, 2012

I can't find a happy medium.  It is too loud when he is loud and too soft when he is soft.  It's horrible and hurts and slows me down.  Thanks for any suggestions offered.  UGH.  ...

S/l Tissue Thin Lumen
Mar 17, 2010

Followup for this very pleasant 90-year-old female who has a history of perforated viscus resulting in insertion of her percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy.  Prior to this, she had difficulty due to her advanced state and s/l tissue thin lumen for nutrition, therefore, was placed on total parenteral nutrition.   ...

Hypertrophic Heart Tissue
Jun 26, 2010

Does this sentence make any sense: Sections of the heart show *as marked* hypertrophy as the myocardial fibers." ??  Thanks in advance. ...

Loose Areolar Tissue
Jul 23, 2010

Loose areolar tissue in the neck (doing thyroidectomy report)? I thought areoilar tissue was in the breasts? ...

Type Of Lymphoid Tissue?
Dec 01, 2010

He had (___) of the lymphoid tissue at the base of tongue this spring, so I performed biopsies of this tissue which revealed small lymphocytic lymphoma/chronic lymphocytic leukemia.  It s/l she is saying full___ and maybe ends in what s/l myth. Thanks!  This is the first time I have done this type of report for this doctor. ...

S/l Breeding Necrotic Tissue
Feb 19, 2011

New Dr.  He sound congested so I am struggling with this op report. Due to the inflammation I was not absolutely certain that this was extrasphincteric and so an adequate drainage procedure was done by taking a quater-sized divot out of the skin down to the abscess cavity to "breeding the necrotic tissue". ...

Lee-Leggo Changes On Breast Tissue After RT
Mar 04, 2013

Patient is s/p radiation therapy for breast cancer.  Exam shows chronic *dee-leggo* or *lee-legel* surrounding her areolar tissue, right more prominantly than left. Thank you! ...