A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

script for prescription? - mmc777

Posted: Mar 21, 2013

Is it OK to use script instead of prescription when the dictator says script?

We can't answer that for you.... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
It totally depends on your company and the account specifics. If abbreviations and slang allowed, then yes. If no slang allowed, then maybe not.

I would spell it out. - Mom22dogs

[ In Reply To ..]
You could put "script" in your "speed keys", "shorthand" or whatever you call them to expand out to "prescription".

If her account specs - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
want things as dictated, your opinion is incorrect.

Yes, I rethought my reply.... - Mom22dogs

[ In Reply To ..]
.....and posted clarification. :-)

and that's why the poster said "I would" - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
she was clear in her response. As long as the OP understands English, she knows what "I would" means.
Ok, but what is the point of - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
of saying your opinion when the OP was looking for a definite answer? You know how people believe anything and everything they read here, so the OP might take that advice when, possibly, according to her account, that would be incorrect.
there is no definite answer - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
It's up to the OP to determine whether she wants to take someone's advice or not. Sometimes an opinion is the best we have to offer.

Just to clarify..... - Mom22dogs

[ In Reply To ..]
......it DOES depend on your account specifics (if it is verbatim you must put exactly what they say), but if given a choice I would spell it out.

Well... - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
If nobody gives a hoot about it, I would spell it out. I hate script. It's not just a clipped word, it's totally slang. I had rx in my shortcut keys to expand out to prescription---they rarely verbally say Rx for prescription, so it was a pretty safe shortcut.

script is a valid word, - it is not slang.

[ In Reply To ..]
script
/skript/Noun
1.Handwriting as distinct from print; written characters: "her neat, tidy script".
2.A doctor's prescription.

Verb
Write a script for (a play, movie, or broadcast).

Synonyms
handwriting - writing - manuscript - scenario

Similar Messages:

Do You Transcribe "script" For Prescription?
Oct 05, 2014

I am hearing more and more references to script rather than prescription.  I don't know if this has been addressed before. ...

Are OSI And Opti-Script The Same Company?? Need Info On Opti-Script
Nov 22, 2009

Can someone please email me priviately about Opti-Script.   I would like current info on what this company is like to work for and what line rate they start at.  Also, do they have any type of incentive pay?   Thanks so much! ...

Prescription
Oct 13, 2009

Can someone help me with the spelling of this word: s/l beta aganerogent Thanks ...

Prescription Help
Jan 09, 2012

Need to know if what he is dictating is number of pills. "Prescription for doxycycline 100mg b.i.d. number 20 for possible tick infection." TIA ...

Prescription For S/l Adalac
Nov 04, 2009

Woman suffering with arthritis. ...

Prescription Reference
Apr 24, 2010

Is there a reference source where I can search a prescription even though I do not know the first letter of the prescription.  For example:  %cilozine.  ...

Landmarkers Prescription Med Help
Jan 28, 2011

Others may have figured this out but if this helps someone with getting prescriptions great.  I was going through my 90 days probation, no insurance, but still had scripts with refills.  Finally I talked with Wal-Mart and the medication I had been going without was only $4 per month without insurance, so you might want to see if you can go that route. Secondly, if and when this mess gets figured out, don't forget about the loss of compensation to the MT for the month of Janu ...

Rx Versus Prescription
Apr 07, 2012

I have a dictator saying "Will rx for an arterial Doppler...." and also says "Rx-ed for a Multi Podus boot..."  Should I type it as rx and rx-ed or should I change this to prescribe and prescribed?  (Not verbatim account).  Thanks!! ...

Type Of Prescription
Dec 05, 2012

Patient will be out of state for about a few months.  MD wants her to check with the pharmacies in the town where she will be staying to see if they will accept a (s/l) "uh-found-uh-an" prescription. ...

Changes To Prescription Plan
Jun 08, 2015

Glad the drugs I take are not on the list.  ...

Is Chloride A Prescription Drug?
Jan 13, 2010

Is chloride a drug? I did not find it in my drug reference book and on Drugs. com it put chloride with something else such as potassium?     ...

Smoking Cessation Prescription? ...sm
Apr 30, 2011

Patient given refill on s/l co-nicotine or ca-nicotine 7 mg daily for 3 weeks and then hopefully discontinue. Thanks for any ideas on this.  ...

How Is Prescription For BIPap Written
Dec 15, 2012

Patient has ALS with significant respiratory involvement.  Prescription was for BiPap at 8 04 pressure.  How should this be written?  Is it 804, 8:04 or some other way these prescriptions are written? Thanks for your help. ...

Prescription Med For Low Bone Mineral Density..s/l
Dec 02, 2010

she would not consider taking any prescription medication such as epsfosinate for low bone mineral density ...

Prescription Help - Duspatal & Enxyme Lefax
Apr 14, 2011

Two different doctors have dictated these medications on this patient. When searching online, I find them but they are not marketed in the US. Is it common practice to blank these in the report or to transcribe as dictated? ...

Thank You, Opti-Script!
Dec 20, 2010

Nice surprise to receive my Christmas gift.  Although I know times are tough for everyone in our industry right now, it's great to work to work for a company that treats MTs well.  It's scary when I read postings on this board, but it makes me very thankful for the best company I've ever worked for.  They're not perfect but they try really hard.  Merry Christmas to all of you, and I hope 2011 is a good year for all of us who work v ...

Re: Soft Script
Dec 24, 2010

I am curious if anybody has had any experience with this company whether applying or working for them. I find it disturbing that the school I graduated from lists them as one of the possible employers to apply for work since they hire new grads. I applied a few days ago, and they said I didn't have the amount of experience they were looking for. I have 2 years experience doing family practice reports plus just graduated recently. I would have thought I qualified. This is so discouraging. I ...

Cs.net/voice Script
Nov 22, 2011

Anyone know anything about or used cs.net, voice script? ...

Cs.net, Voice Script
Jan 16, 2012

Can someone tell me what kind of software/platform this is?  TIA ...

Soft Script?
Aug 31, 2012

Benefits: We offer 401K, and paid time off! Outstanding medical/dental/vision/life benefits available, discounted Dell computers, employee referral bonus program, minimum line requirements lower than industry average, MT Mentoring, production incentives; account variety; direct deposit. Anyone care to elaborate on the above?  TIA ...

Does Anybody Know Anything About Soft Script?
Jul 10, 2013

Chart Script
Mar 03, 2014

Does anyone currently working with Chart Script know if it works using a satellite internet connection?  Thank you!!!  ...

Soft Script MTs
Apr 19, 2014

SS currently has an ad, from what I read on here I think I would like to join you.  Two questions:  How many accounts must you work to stay in work and is there any training pay?  Thank you so much! ...

Opti-Script - PT
May 01, 2014

Do part-timers have to work on the weekend?  I know FT, you have to rotate or be scheduled M-Th, T-Fri.  Thanks in advance!  ...

E-Script Platform At TTS
Jun 12, 2014

I have been offered  a position with TTS and wondering about the E-Script platform.  Is it user friendly, hard to learn, can you make any money on it.  This will be 98% VR work but the beginning wage for full-time sounds kind of low at 3.3 c/l.  Also, want to be sure there are plenty of backup accounts if primary is out of work.  ...

Opti-Script What Is Up With That? 
Nov 05, 2014

I see Optiscript is hiring and they havent kept their promise of calling the employees they laid off to come back.      ...

Opti-Script - Does Anyone Know What Platform
Nov 23, 2009

they use and how it is to work with? Do they supply equipment? Thank you. ...

Instructions For Edit Script
Jan 30, 2010

I would like to get an early jump on learning this program. Is there a list of instructions or manual somewhere that I can download? ...

Insurance Opti-Script
Jun 09, 2010

Could someone who currently works for Opti-Script tell me how much their insurance is for a family plan?  You can email me if you do not want to post here.  Also is their platform MT friendly?  Good accounts?  Steady work?  Thanks in advance for any information. ...

Anyone Ever Worked At Opti-Script
Jul 21, 2010

Has anyone ever worked at Opti-Script. I tested and passed. ...