A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

E-Script platform at TTS - fingers

Posted: Jun 12, 2014

I have been offered  a position with TTS and wondering about the E-Script platform.  Is it user friendly, hard to learn, can you make any money on it.  This will be 98% VR work but the beginning wage for full-time sounds kind of low at 3.3 c/l.  Also, want to be sure there are plenty of backup accounts if primary is out of work. 

low wage - newbutold

[ In Reply To ..]
That is very low to start you at. How long have you been doing this? I work for them part time and I started at 4 and 8. The platform is very good as far as I concerned. I like it a lot and find it very easy to catch on to. I have no backup but mainly because I am part time and have not asked for anything. Mine never runs out of work and they are always needing people to work extra.

It is very low and she will not be getting raises at TTS - kind of sad that pay is going down at TTS

[ In Reply To ..]
Where is this all going to end?

Tell me where does one get a raise now days - No one does anymore

[ In Reply To ..]
This person might be an employee, think they are at 3 cpl. I started at 4/8 and the Escript on my account is excellent. If you can keep up, speed the volume as fast as you can (and this is how I work every time I work) you can easily hit $20 an hour or more. As far as the accounts they have I do know they ask you about taking more than 1 account so if you should run low then you can go to the second account.
LOL I smell TTS management here - Trying to justify low pay
[ In Reply To ..]
Is it the owner or BFF assistant?
Not management, never have been, never want to be - Anyone not in line with how you feel is
[ In Reply To ..]
called management. Can you not be original and think of something else? No raises are given in MT anymore, none that I ever hear of. For your information, have no clue what a BFF is as my work is English only, not texting.
BFF is best friend forever. - learn to speak in initials - not for just texting
[ In Reply To ..]
Do you know what a CEO or TSM is? For that matter do you know what TTS is short for?

By the way you are extremely defensive and misleading.
Misleading to tell the truth. If you do not like the - truth then do not read
[ In Reply To ..]
Why in the h.... should I learn to speak in initials? I have lived years and years and never had to before, never. I know what TTS stands for but CEO or TSM, nope and frankly my dear, don't give a .....Now defensive that.
You sound set in your ways so do not bother with - learning intials.
[ In Reply To ..]
It will strain your brain and you sound like you are having a crabby day already.

Bear in mind though even Ms. L. K. calls her company TTS and you need to keep up with your boss-lady.

A CEO, is a common title (chief executive officer). TSM is another commonly used title (trusted service manager).

USPS is the United States Postal Service.

You are not my teacher and I could care less - about anything I do not have to know
[ In Reply To ..]
As far as keeping up with my boss, never have to do that. You must have had a really bad experience with the company, sounds like you are trying for a put down. I could care less about initials, only when they have to be expanded in my work. Go teach a kid their initials, I don't care to learn this late in the game.
My motto is the more you know - the more you grow
[ In Reply To ..]
But then again there is another saying you can't teach an old dog new tricks which may apply to people who refuse to learn and think they know it all.

Sounds like you are having a very bad day. Maybe you should treat yourself to a nice dinner at TGIF (Thank God Its Friday).
That would mean you average 600 lph on VR? - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
That would be what an MT would have to average every hour to "easily hit $20 an hour or more" at the 3.3 cpl rate. I find that hard to believe and certainly not "easily" done.
I agree with anon - TTS employee
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm on the escription platform and have been with TTS for 2 months on the same account. Even when I feel like I'm flying as fast as I possibly can, the most I've made per hour is $13. I don't see how I can possibly go any faster than that. On days when I have crappy reports or very bad dictators who take 12 years to put 1 sentence together, I'm down to $10/hour and some super bad hours are 8/hour. UGHHHH. I just don't see how people can go fast enough to make 20/hour without leaving lots of things unedited that need to be fixed. I wish I could see that in action.
I have been on the same account for years - and no one has to believe
[ In Reply To ..]
I only work the 1 account. It is acute care and it is one that I have worked on for over 15 years. About 5 months ago I was averaging about $175 per day (which would be almost 550 lph) but some how or other seemed like the line count were screwy but I do most days make at least $20 an hour and sometimes more if I would crank it up a little more. Oh, let me say how I do this- I read as fast as my eyes will let me, I have my speed up as fast as it will go. I do not take lunch time, dinner time, breaks and work straight thru.
Another thing as update to my above - same account for years
[ In Reply To ..]
I have never stopped using the mouse, even on VR, did not learn the so called hot keys.
No way can you AVERAGE 600 lph on VR - you may luck out once in awhile
[ In Reply To ..]
My average is 250-300 and I have fairly easy account that I am very familiar with. Some dictators are very good and VR knows what they are saying. If I do an hour of these type dictators I can get to 500 lph. Unfortunately mixed with these dictators are bad rambling dictators who do not have their thoughts in order and I can hear rambling through files or searching for lab tests, etc.
I think I said what I was averaging up until a - few months ago
[ In Reply To ..]
I was averaging making about $175 at least a day until a few months ago at TTS. I don't know if the work governed then or not but I don't VR every single hour at 600 lines +.
Why so angry? - NM
[ In Reply To ..]
x

Newbutold. sm - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
You have mentioned here that you are an IC with TTS. That is why you get 4/8. Employees get less. I make 0.0326 for editing and 0.0777 for straight typing on 2nd shift. I average $10 an hour, which is fine for me because this is supplementary income. Their SR is excellent, well trained. I have 1 primary and 1 secondary account. If my primary runs out, I switch. Rarely run out of work. You are left alone if you follow the rules and work your hours.

I made 4 cpl as an IC - but it depends on account whether you make money

[ In Reply To ..]
Bad accounts will not allow you to make money at 3.3 cpl no matter how easy E-Script is. It is all about the dictators and there is one account in particular that is extremely difficult. The platform can only do so much to help make money. It's all about the dictators.

Good luck with TTS. It is a crazy micromanaged company.

They are lowering the pay on you. - how could you take a job for 3.3 c/l

[ In Reply To ..]
That is the lowest pay I have heard of for VR work so far. Please hold out for more money because other companies will be lowering pay for MTs if TTS gets by with it.

E-script platform at TTS - fingers

[ In Reply To ..]
I realize this is pretty low for VR. I have also not done too much VR so am pretty rusty. My problem is the company I work for now is just stringing us along. I haven't had a decent paycheck in at least two months. Any idea how many lines an hour most people average with VR.

Depends on the account. I did average 300 lines - my friend did 150 on difficult account

[ In Reply To ..]
If you get a teaching hospital like my friend you will not be able to make money at 3.3 per line. I had clinics and my line count per hour was higher.
E-script platform at TTS - fingers
[ In Reply To ..]
I am also sick and tired of getting the same old answer that this is the average pay for the industry. I have been doing this for 23 years now (transcription) and don't think I'm to the point where I will take wages this low.
You can only speak for yourself, am on teaching - hospital and do extremely well
[ In Reply To ..]
I had made for my first hour the other day over $30.00 and this was all VR (4 cents per line). I only wish I could have kept that going for the rest of the day but at the end of the day it had averaged out to $20.00 per hour, not bad.
Agree with above - depends - newbutold
[ In Reply To ..]
It varies with your account and your dictators. I average about 300 to 350 normally, BUT there are times that it can be worse if 75% of my shift is all ESL and it is mostly mumbling. No problem though normally making the required LPH
I am thankful for VR because of the dictators - now, it can pick up what I cannot understand
[ In Reply To ..]
so thank you, thank you that I don't have to sit and bite my nails trying to decipher all.
Don't be too trusting of VR - It has proven to be wrong.
[ In Reply To ..]
Dictated was a child who had peanut allergy. VR decided she had a penis allergy.
If a person using VR cannot tell the difference - in those 2, should not be working
[ In Reply To ..]
I read every single word that is on the page, never gloss over any words and if I cannot tell the difference in the sentence, i.e. peanut versus penis, then I need to stop working. Have used the system now for years and thank my lucky stars for it when it comes to ESLs.

Platform is easy to learn. They are offering you what they offer for everyone on ES sm - Run over by the bus

[ In Reply To ..]
It depends on what account you are on. I have a very low tolerance for bad dictation anymore and my account stinks. Lots of ESL and very bad sound quality files. On the plus side, lots of work and never have run out. I just don't care enough any more to work hard. Retiring within the month.

Sound quality varies on hospital account - Lots of ESL and residents

[ In Reply To ..]
A certain teaching hospital was a nightmare. Switched to clinics and the difference was night and day but pay was still low relatively speaking to other MT companies.

Similar Messages:

Opti-Script - Does Anyone Know What Platform
Nov 23, 2009

they use and how it is to work with? Do they supply equipment? Thank you. ...

Are OSI And Opti-Script The Same Company?? Need Info On Opti-Script
Nov 22, 2009

Can someone please email me priviately about Opti-Script.   I would like current info on what this company is like to work for and what line rate they start at.  Also, do they have any type of incentive pay?   Thanks so much! ...

Thank You, Opti-Script!
Dec 20, 2010

Nice surprise to receive my Christmas gift.  Although I know times are tough for everyone in our industry right now, it's great to work to work for a company that treats MTs well.  It's scary when I read postings on this board, but it makes me very thankful for the best company I've ever worked for.  They're not perfect but they try really hard.  Merry Christmas to all of you, and I hope 2011 is a good year for all of us who work v ...

Re: Soft Script
Dec 24, 2010

I am curious if anybody has had any experience with this company whether applying or working for them. I find it disturbing that the school I graduated from lists them as one of the possible employers to apply for work since they hire new grads. I applied a few days ago, and they said I didn't have the amount of experience they were looking for. I have 2 years experience doing family practice reports plus just graduated recently. I would have thought I qualified. This is so discouraging. I ...

Cs.net/voice Script
Nov 22, 2011

Anyone know anything about or used cs.net, voice script? ...

Cs.net, Voice Script
Jan 16, 2012

Can someone tell me what kind of software/platform this is?  TIA ...

Soft Script?
Aug 31, 2012

Benefits: We offer 401K, and paid time off! Outstanding medical/dental/vision/life benefits available, discounted Dell computers, employee referral bonus program, minimum line requirements lower than industry average, MT Mentoring, production incentives; account variety; direct deposit. Anyone care to elaborate on the above?  TIA ...

Script For Prescription?
Mar 21, 2013

Is it OK to use script instead of prescription when the dictator says script? ...

Does Anybody Know Anything About Soft Script?
Jul 10, 2013

Chart Script
Mar 03, 2014

Does anyone currently working with Chart Script know if it works using a satellite internet connection?  Thank you!!!  ...

Soft Script MTs
Apr 19, 2014

SS currently has an ad, from what I read on here I think I would like to join you.  Two questions:  How many accounts must you work to stay in work and is there any training pay?  Thank you so much! ...

Opti-Script - PT
May 01, 2014

Do part-timers have to work on the weekend?  I know FT, you have to rotate or be scheduled M-Th, T-Fri.  Thanks in advance!  ...

Opti-Script What Is Up With That? 
Nov 05, 2014

I see Optiscript is hiring and they havent kept their promise of calling the employees they laid off to come back.      ...

Instructions For Edit Script
Jan 30, 2010

I would like to get an early jump on learning this program. Is there a list of instructions or manual somewhere that I can download? ...

Insurance Opti-Script
Jun 09, 2010

Could someone who currently works for Opti-Script tell me how much their insurance is for a family plan?  You can email me if you do not want to post here.  Also is their platform MT friendly?  Good accounts?  Steady work?  Thanks in advance for any information. ...

Anyone Ever Worked At Opti-Script
Jul 21, 2010

Has anyone ever worked at Opti-Script. I tested and passed. ...

Soft Script Always Out Of Work !
Jan 20, 2011

Hi everyone.  I have been with Soft Script for 3-1/2 years.  Lately I am ALWAYS, ALWAYS out of work.  What is going on ??  Does anyone know ??  Also, they implemented "production managers" now and mine took nearly all my accounts away !!! I called her and asked for some of them back.  Is anyone else always out of work or having issues with their "production manager" ? ...

Soft Script Radiology
May 14, 2011

Anyone currently work for Soft Script doing radiology?  Good, bad and ugly about company, platform, management, pay etc?   Thanks Emma ...

Soft Script - Anyone Satisfied???
May 31, 2011

I'm curious to know if anyone CURRENTLY is happy with this company.  Is work steady?  I was under the impression they are 100% straight typing despite the letter I got today for testing which mentioned editing.  I've not heard many positives about them.  Does anyone have anything positive to say?  ...

Does Anyone Have Information On Opti-Script?
Jan 05, 2012

Does anyone have information on Opti-Script?  Are they hiring?  There's not too much info in the archives.  Any info (good or bad) would be appreciated.  TIA ...

Edit Script Glitches
Jul 05, 2012

Am I the only one who is constantly dealing with these issues? 1.  Lines of text overlapping eachother into a confused jumble.  If you highlight the document, some of of this will resolve and go away, but not all of it. 2. When leaving a pending note, the text I took 2 minues to thoughtfully word out just dissappears completely, and I have to type the whole thing all over again. 3.  When leaving a pending reason, the drop-down menu will randomly pick a reason for me, and I have ...

Edit Script Vs Escription
Dec 07, 2012

What is the difference between edit script and escription? I am considering platforms at various transcription companies and the transcription platform makes all the difference.  Thank you to all who offer help. ...

Accu-Script And Chase
Jan 31, 2013

Has anyone who applied for jobs at the above companies heard back from them yet?  Thank you. ...

Anybody Know Anything About Soft Script And Nuance?
Mar 28, 2013

Opti-script - What Is The Skinny On This Co?
Jul 24, 2013

What is the skinny on this co? I see it has already 459 views and the West Coast hasnt even had brkfast.  herds of MTs stampeding from one company's ad to another's.  Thanks.   ...

Opti-Script Information
Jul 25, 2013

Does anyone have any information on Opti-Script?  Would be much appreciated. ...

Feedback On Opti-Script?
Dec 25, 2013

Can anyone give me any feedback on Opti-Script?  I'm thinking of applying with them.  From what I've read, they sound like a pretty decent company to work for.  I'm hoping to hear from some MTs who currently work there or who have worked there in the past.  Any info on this company, good and bad, would be great.   ...

Why Is Opti-Script Running An Ad???
Feb 05, 2014

I tested with Opti-Script less than 2 months ago and I was told that I passed, but that there was a waiting list to be hired and that they would contact me as soon as they had openings.  I just noticed that they posted an ad on Monday for acute care MTs "needed immediately", but I have not heard from them.  I also have a friend who tested with them even before I did and is also on the waiting list, and she hasn't been contacted either.  Why wouldn't they first contact th ...

Opti-Script's 3rd Shift
Feb 21, 2014

Is there anyone out there that has recently been hired for 3rd shift at Opti-Script? I'm thinking about applying. It is a level 5 account, and was wondering how hard this account really is. I don't want to jump out of the frying pan into the fire. The platform is Exeditor, and I really don't know anything about it. Is it productive? Does anyone have any info at all about this account or platform?  TIA ...

Opti-Script - Anyone Started Yet? How Is It Going?
Mar 03, 2014

Anyone start yet? How is it going? Curious to hear if the account is as difficult as some say. Just being nosey!   ...