A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

soft touch keyboard for excessive typing - mimi

Posted: Aug 31, 2011

I need some of your opinions on soft touch keyboard for excessive typing.  Anyone have a favorite?

keyboard - try this one

[ In Reply To ..]
Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 - keyboard

After 35 years of transcription this is the best one and easiest to be on for long periods of time. I have tried many and this is my favorite so far.

Keyboard - mimi

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you so much.

Keyboard - Sandy

[ In Reply To ..]
I have to agree with the Microsoft 4000. I bought one last year because somebody (I won't mention any names) spilled coffee on mine and the only one I could find instock last minute was the MS 4000. I paid about $55 for it, then after falling in love with it, I found a place on Ebay who sells them for $25 so I bought a backup.

I bought logitech wave - gigigi

[ In Reply To ..]
I wasn't patient enough to adjust to the MS natural keyboard. It also has a built in wrist rest, very important to me. Only adjustment for me was the delete key.

Similar Messages:

Microsoft Used To Make A Soft Touch Keyboard But Stopped...
May 20, 2010

really miss that keyboard, I can't remember its name but they quit making it about 5-6 years ago.  Does ayone know of a comparable one?  Where you barely touch the keys and there is no click?    ...

How To Help A Sticky Keyboard? Keys Seem To Be A Hard Touch But
Jun 22, 2014

Seems like for a while now the keys take a harder touch, sometimes they don't connect and I have to hit a key twice. it's a microsoft wireless comfort keyboard, model 1027.  I have taken canned air and blown dust and cat hair out of it,  wondering if using alcohol swabs gently in each key mechanism might help?  Space bar works well, seems to be only specific keys that stick or don't connect well. Backspace is one of the sticky ones.   Any suggestions apprec ...

Super Good Keyboard With A Light Touch Response?
Jun 21, 2010

Has anyone any suggestions for a super good keyboard with a light touch response?  I hate the keyboard that came with my work equipment, bought another, but the keys clatter when I type and it's distracting.  Before I get a new one, I'd like to get some suggestions.  Thanks in advance my co-workers!  ...

Those Typing With Keyboard In Lap -
May 05, 2015

How do you do it?  I guess my legs are disproportionate or something.  I can't keep the keyboard in my lap.  I tried a pillow and it slid off my legs as I was typing.  It is way more comfortable for me to have the keyboard in my lap since I am short and have not yet been able to find office furniture that fits me well for a reasonable price.  TIA ...

Excessive Use Of Pts Names.
Jun 16, 2011

I just did a report that only had 14 lines and the pts name was used, Mr. XXXXX, a total of 16 times.  The report ended up sounding so stupid. ...

Excessive Bleeding
Apr 19, 2011

Could not stop patient's bleeding.  Patient on Coumadin.  Dr. dictates "Patient given Vitamin K and s/l  FSP or SSP  to reverse INR.  Dr. mumbles this line.  Any help is appreciated.  Thank you. ...

Is The New Trend To Dock MT Pay For Excessive QA
May 27, 2010

submission?  I'm with a company that does this (amongst other bordering on unethical things)....I'm sure we all know what company.......cough MQ cough........   Anyway, is it just this horrible company that docks pay for QA over 5% and also if you fail an audit?  I really wouldn't have a problem with docking of pay for failed audits IF they were fair, but this company doesn't know the meaning of the word fair.    Just wondering if there are other ...

Excessive Nastiness Here On The MM Board
Feb 27, 2013

Admittedly, there are some nasty trolls on other boards here on this site, too, but the M*Modal and Politics boards seem to have a really, really high ratio of viciousness.  No surprise on the Politics board, but it is interesting that the M*Modal board comes in for so much more meanness, post for post, than the others. Since the nastiest folks always seem to be those defending M*Modal and belittling other MTs, it does make me wonder if some of M*Modal's low-level managers like to ve ...

Wave Keyboard Versus Ergonomic Split Keyboard
Apr 10, 2010

I was wondering if someone could tell me how using a wave keyboard compares to a split ergonomic keyboard.  Is the wave as comfortable to use?  TIA! ...

Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro...need A New Keyboard, Any Recommendations?
Apr 03, 2010

Microsoft has discontinued these great keyboards and I need a new one.  Anybody aware of a split keyboard that has a really nice touch (remember those old IBM keyboards?) for transcription work by Microsoft or another brand that you really like? I'm open for suggestions please ; 0  My only complaint with this one is the keys are a bit clunky to press down (especially the space bar).  Thanks! ...

Caught Flak Here For Excessive Charge By Vascular Surgeon
Oct 08, 2013

Back in September went to a vascular surgeon who saw me for a few minutes, said had no clue why my legs tired, hurting at night and proceeded to charge my insurance $325.00. I thought excessive being as nothing done. Others here said I had to pay for his office, his staff, and on and on. I called my insurance company, reported as excessive. I cancelled followup with him. Yesterday self referred to another physician, location approximately same as first. This particular physician said what he ...

MD IN TOUCH TESTING
Jan 25, 2011

Has anyone done the testing for MD in Touch yet?  I got an email to test.  I haven't done it yet and was just wondering how it was.  I wonder if it has the written and transcription or just transcription, probably both.  I just dread testing.  I work for Nuance right now but need part time work to supplement too.  Well, if anyone has any info on the testing or how they are to work for, I would appreciate it.    ...

How To Get In Touch With DIT Transcription?
Nov 08, 2011

Does anyone know how to get in touch with DIT Transcription? ...

Losing My Touch
Aug 07, 2012

I hope it is okay.  I just need to vent a little.  I just got a new job with a very reputable company ( I prefer not to say which one) and yesterday was my first day.  I knew I would be on 100% QA.  I found out yesterday that I am only allowed to type 3 reports a day until I am off QA.  I am so upset.  I understand they have to make sure I am typing things accurately and according to format but 3 reports a day ?  Then later this afternoon I heard from the big b ...

Anybody Work For MD In Touch?
Jan 07, 2014

I went to their website, didn't see anywhere to apply, but I emailed and asked if they were hiring. Work there? Do you like it? ...

MD IN TOUCH Based In Florida
Jan 21, 2011

Does anyone have any info on MD In Touch based in Florida.  TIA ...

Needing To Touch Base About Something
Feb 09, 2013

In the past week my team has gotten several e mails. Main topic covers 2 things: Poor quality (a huge number of major errors being reported to sup), and the other Quantity (people are not living up to the required new lph by the new compensation plan.  E mails indicated people will be receiving phone calls about this, and poor quality will be terminated from account.  Nothing said about what happens with the lph lower than compensation plan, but did say phone calls will be made. Regar ...

S/l Okayindrum Application On An I-Touch Phone/sm
Feb 06, 2013

Ocular exam by ophthalmologist... Dictator says "An s/l okayindrum application on an I-Touch phone was used individually on each eye and separately." Any help is greatly appreciated! ...

Anyone Used Trackball Or Touch Pad Keyboards For Editing?
May 17, 2014

I'm so sick of having my right hand have to bounce back and forth from trackball to home keys, and arrow keys back to home keys it is much slower than transcription.  I also lose time having to constantly stop and feel for the home key position.  I did a search for keyboards and found two that have the trackball or touch pad in the middle lower portion of the keyboard so you can do what used to be mouse work with your thumbs and it looks like your fingers don't have to leave ...

Deborah's Touch Or Medtranscription. Any Info On This Company? Sm
Jun 09, 2010

Goes by both company names.  Any help would be appreciated.  They are in Phoenix, Arizona.  Thank you. ...

Parkinson's Disease Aggravated By Excessive Haldol S/l Tobacco Haldol Discontinued??
Sep 11, 2010

Thanks...  ...

Soft Call?
Nov 12, 2009

Her EMG about six months ago by Dr. _____ showed some left soft call 6-7 radicular suggestion but more importantly no peripheral nerve entrapment, injury or disease.   is this soft call? ...

Soft Looking Tissues?
Dec 08, 2010

would it be "soft-looking tissues" or "soft looking tissues"? I am usually pretty good with hyphen rules, but am drawing a blank here. Do you still hyphenate when you have an -ing word? ...

Re: Soft Script
Dec 24, 2010

I am curious if anybody has had any experience with this company whether applying or working for them. I find it disturbing that the school I graduated from lists them as one of the possible employers to apply for work since they hire new grads. I applied a few days ago, and they said I didn't have the amount of experience they were looking for. I have 2 years experience doing family practice reports plus just graduated recently. I would have thought I qualified. This is so discouraging. I ...

Soft Script?
Aug 31, 2012

Benefits: We offer 401K, and paid time off! Outstanding medical/dental/vision/life benefits available, discounted Dell computers, employee referral bonus program, minimum line requirements lower than industry average, MT Mentoring, production incentives; account variety; direct deposit. Anyone care to elaborate on the above?  TIA ...

Does Anybody Know Anything About Soft Script?
Jul 10, 2013

Soft Script MTs
Apr 19, 2014

SS currently has an ad, from what I read on here I think I would like to join you.  Two questions:  How many accounts must you work to stay in work and is there any training pay?  Thank you so much! ...

Soft Script Always Out Of Work !
Jan 20, 2011

Hi everyone.  I have been with Soft Script for 3-1/2 years.  Lately I am ALWAYS, ALWAYS out of work.  What is going on ??  Does anyone know ??  Also, they implemented "production managers" now and mine took nearly all my accounts away !!! I called her and asked for some of them back.  Is anyone else always out of work or having issues with their "production manager" ? ...

QA ? Soft-tissue Calcifications
Apr 21, 2011

I put   soft-tissue calcifications   and in another report put   soft-tissue swelling   and an editor changed it to  soft tissue calcifications    soft tissue swelling.    Was I wrong?  I thought it needed a hyphen.   ...

Soft Script Radiology
May 14, 2011

Anyone currently work for Soft Script doing radiology?  Good, bad and ugly about company, platform, management, pay etc?   Thanks Emma ...