A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Silent Partners Transcription Company - WARNING - mel268

Posted: Jun 26, 2014

Just a warning to anyone thinking of working for this company.  They are very quickly going to disappear because they're so impossible to work for.  I worked for them for 9 months, and in that time:

• I never received a contract after asking over and over again (yes, I should have quit sooner).  I was repeatedly told that their "lawyers are working on them" and since found out that they had contractors there for up to 7 years with no contract.
  • They only use free-ware such as FileZilla and DropBox for document management. The potential for HIPAA violations doing business in this way is astronomical.
  • They claim to be christian but, given the treatment by the owner and their manager (who is going on a mission trip this month, god help the poor natives) makes me glad I'm agnostic.  
  • Pay was by paper check not direct deposit, and they grossly underpay their workers.  
  • You have to log on and be "managed" by them for basically a 'shift' even though technically you're not an employee.  Work is doled out in small bits, and heaven forbid you piss off the manager because the work will dry up very quickly.
  • QA for comma placement (which we all loooooovveeee so much) as justification that you're "bad" at your job, yet they have no trouble asking you to work overtime with no differential and fully expect that this will be done.  I was told that I was the cause of them "possibly" losing an account.  I did 841 files that month and received 2 QA reports and found out later they were losing the account because the clinic was being bought out by another practice who had experience with SP and refused to work with them.  It had nothing to do with me at all and had been in the works for quite some time. 
  • The level of disrespect to the contractors (and those working in the office by their own admission) is unconscionable.  The religious nonsense being thrown out constantly with the assumption that you believe as they do is HUGELY disrespectful and unprofessional.  
  • The manager at SP would literally go in and change their Company Practices and THEN tell you you'd not followed rules that, by the timestamp on said Company Practices, had just been changed to make sure she was always "right".  (for example: She has names written as "John Doe, Jr." and "Dr. Jack Doe, Sr."...seriously?!)
  • I was hired to work on two main accounts.  I had pointed out to the owner that her manager was doing some things that were technically wrong (like above), and the owner agreed and the changes were made.  Within two days, all but about 10% of my total work load was "given to someone else" with no notice or explanation, and her (managers) reason was that I "don't seem to want to work with me so I'll give someone else a shot at it".  Thankfully the other office manager (who they've since fired!) found me enough work to keep me going until I could find other employment.  
  • Legitimate issues (such as the bullet directly above) brought to the attention of the owner, were addressed with bible verses and notes from her personal journal about how your own character should be addressed.  She's losing MTs left and right due in no small part to this manager yet, because she's known her for so long, promoted her rather than listened to valid issues from a significant number of MTs that quit over the years directly because of this manager.

Seriously: I would go on unemployment before working for them again.  I know they're looking for MTs right now because they can't keep any long enough to keep going.  Just be advised: it'll be one of the worst jobs you'll ever have.

ADDENDUM:  I totally forgot about the changing of the templates constantly.  There's no continuity, and the manager will go in and change the doctors templates over and over again. It seemed almost obsessive.  Then, because there's no way you had time to go in and keep checking to see what may have been changed since the last time you logged on, you'd get 'caught' using "wrong" templates that were the correct ones the day before!  Omg...I can't tell you how frustrating this was.  And having all of their MTs working on ALL of the doctors...I'm surprised they have clientele.

WoW - thanks for posting (nm)

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Holy moly - TiredMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you for the warning. Glad you were able to get out of there. That's terrible - and very much unprofessional. It's not a surprise the co. is looking for MTs with that level of poor management (or lack of management). I just started with a really nice company with enough work but the pay is the going rate which, as we all know, isn't much. It's kinda sad that I just received a notice for jury duty and what they'll be paying per day is more than I make in a day. That's a depressing thought, actually!

:( - mel268

[ In Reply To ..]
That's a bummer Tired...good that they're a nice company to work for which helps a little bit of the stress, but sad that we don't make more. I feel ya.

Peants - TiredMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you. Like so many have said before, the demise of MT isn't easy to take. But, have to have hope there are better things on the horizon. :)

Sad - Tank

[ In Reply To ..]
It is sad. I started my own transcription business 15 years ago when it was done on tape and you delivered documents and picked up tapes from the doctor's office. I could make a living back then. Even when I switched to on-line transcription I still made twice as much per line 10 years ago than I do today. Most days, I'm lucky to make minimum wage.

Being Christian is in actions, not words. I'm wary when people tout. Thx for warning - LifePostNuance

[ In Reply To ..]
"What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to them, 'Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,' but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

But someone will say, 'You have faith; I have deeds.'

Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder."

- James 2:14-19

Like I said, actions speak louder than words. Anyone can CALL themselves a Christian. Again, thanks for the heads up.

LPn

I used to work for this company too - A

[ In Reply To ..]
I had the same issue as you. It took me 6 months to get my certification. I made back what I paid to take the course then afterwards my pay got worse and worse for the same reasons you stated. They always changed the templates, the manager would tell me one thing and then the next day it would change. I started to keep my instant messages from the previous day because she would flat out lie and say that she never told me to do that. They would never let me have a day off even if I was deathly sick, I never got a lunch break, I barely got bathroom breaks, and I always had to work overtime and hardly got paid for it. DO NOT work for this company!! I loved medical transcription but I quit because I couldn't take it anymore.

Similar Messages:

Silent Partners Medical Transcription In Lufkin, TX.
Jun 16, 2014

Has anyone had any experience with Silent Partners Medical Transcription out of Lufkin, Tx and if you have what your experience has been with them, etc.? ...

Have You Ever Heard Of A Company Called Silent Type
Jun 17, 2010

Hi Everyone,  Have you every heard of a company called Silent Type. Are they good or bad to work for, steady workflow, compensation rate. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks. ...

Well-got My Verbal Warning, Next Stop Written Warning !!!
Apr 01, 2010

I guess I'm possibly 2 weeks away from termination if I don't pass the next 2 audits.  Trying to look at it as a blessing in disguise :)  Never failed an audit in the over 10 years that I've worked for Medquist, or maybe I was never audited who knows.  ...

Anybody Heard Of GO Partners
Sep 15, 2011

Is anybody familiar with a company called GO Partners? ...

Go Partners - Any Feedback
Sep 21, 2011

Has anyone had experience with Go Partners?  I was offered a job but didn't have to test for it and that makes me a liittle nervous.  They appear to use the Emdat Inscribe system and do mostly ortho work.  Any feedback would be appreciated. ...

Webmedx Partners With NLPI
Sep 28, 2010

Does anyone know anything about Natural Language Processing Solution: MedLee? Webmedx partnered with NLPI. I have been researching it, and it seems very high tech. I can't wrap my brain around it. Is this a step closer to phasing out MTs or no? Here is the article's link: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/webmedx-and-nlp-international-team-to-bring-natural-language-processing-software-to-medical-transcription-103906588.html Today I feel like Laura Ingalls Wilder did when she wa ...

Anybody Know Anything About Cognitive Health Partners?
Jul 14, 2011

I took their test at the mttest testing site and failed the screening portion!  Now I'm not one to toot my own horn, but I have been in the MT business for 18 years and have never failed a test and I have taken 100s of them on mttest.  So I'm stumped.  Anybody else take the screening test and fail.  Right after I took their test and failed the screening, I took another company's test and sailed through each portion and second company's test had a lot of th ...

Cognition Health Partners
Oct 09, 2011

Does anyone work for this company that can tell me any info on them?  I have just taken the test and passed, so I am curious to what they are about ie, amounts of work, type of work, pay?  TIA ...

International Labor Partners, What Do They Do?
Apr 19, 2012

I've read on here previous comments about the ILPs not having the skill set to perform straight transcription/editing, and if that's true (and I tend to believe it myself), then exactly what is their purpose in the industry? Can they churn out the line count (or way above and beyond line requirements)? Can they create/edit a document that is ready for release to clients? Who QAs their grammar, punctuation, spelling (in correct English)? Can they precisely transcribe OR reports, car ...

Anyone Heard Of GO Partners, Past Or Present?
Sep 13, 2011

Has anyone heard of GO Partners, past or present?  Not much in the archives.  Good, bad, American company?  They had a posting listed but now it is down.  Just wondering... ...

Cognition Health Partners - Any Info?
May 08, 2012

Anyone with recent info on this company? Basically wondering if they are a stable company, have enough work, managers okay to get along with, etc. TIA! ...

Does Nuance FT Insurance Cover Domestic Partners?
Jan 06, 2012

I'm a FT Webber and think I've heard something about this, but can't seem to find in the insurance info. Thank you! ...

Any Thought On Bayscribe/RecordsOne's Other Partners - Landmark Is One.
Sep 10, 2014

Looking at their home page, they seem to be promoting VR as well.  My memory is that Landmark has a (relatively) good reputation. I don't particularly recognize their other transcription partner, DB Transcription.  They also have a coding partner.  http://www.recordsone.com/partners/ Thoughts anyone? (I only got around to checking it out last night).   ...

Q.E.D. Transcription. Anyone Know Anything About This Company?
Dec 17, 2009

Thanks ...

DSG Transcription Company
Jul 03, 2010

If anyone has worked or is currently working for DSG transcription, I would appreciate the experience you have had working with them. Thank you. ...

JLG Transcription Company
Jun 22, 2011

Can someone please give me an update on JLG Transcription.  The only references I found were from 2009.  I wondered if anyone has any updated information.  I do not want to make a big change to something that may not be a good move.  I support myself so I really have to know something concrete.  Thank you.  ...

My Own Transcription Company.
Feb 17, 2011

After 10+ years of typing numerous specialties, I am interested in running my own transcription business.  Do you have any suggestions on where/how to get work?  Thanks in advance! ...

Breitner Transcription - Anyone Know About This Company
Oct 27, 2009

Does anyone know about this company - pay record, work, accounts, etc.   ...

ANP Transcription - Info On This Company?
Jul 28, 2010

Anybody have info on this company?  I took sample test, a verbatim lecture.  Wondering about quality of company. ...

SRVMT Transcription Company
Jan 11, 2011

Has anyone heard or dealt with SRVMT Medical Transcription Service.  I was offered a job with them and am curious about the company.  It sounds like it is a new company. ...

U-Scribe Transcription Company
Apr 28, 2011

I received a call today from a recruiter at U-Scribe in response to a resume I must have sent in.  I have done some Google research as well as searched through this forum.  There's not much to be said about this company except that they are hiring.  The gentleman I spoke with today told me they are very backlogged.  He said a majority of their clients are from England, Ireland and Scotland.  This man was English.  He sent me two files to transcribe and return, ...

Keystrokes Transcription Really Is A Bad Company
Aug 30, 2011

They just informed their employees that effective immediately they were changing the pay dates from the 3rd to the 17th. This when our payday is the first so now it is going to be late. Way to go Keystrokes! ...

Best Transcription Company To Work For
Oct 16, 2013

Hey everyone!  In any of your opinions, what is the best transcription company to work for?  Any info on how they get paid, etc, would be appreciated. ...

OSI Transcription Is Owned By Another Company
Dec 20, 2013

Can someone tell me if OSI Transcription is owned by another company (Like Nuance or Precyse)  or are they on their own?  Any info on this company?? ...

Volunteer Transcription - Good Or Bad About This Company?
Jul 01, 2010

I have an opportunity to test and be hired by them but it seems it is taking them so long to get back to me for the next step.  Anyone else having this trouble.  Anyone know anything good or bad about this company? ...

Cobb Transcription - Anyone Has Heard Of This Company?
Apr 28, 2010

Wondering if anyone has heard of this company? Either good or bad is appreciated. Thanks! ...

Transcription America Legitimate Company?
Jul 12, 2010

Is Transcription America (email address Job Interview - Job Network [jobinterview@transcription-america.com), regional recruiter Kimberly Carson, a legitimate online medical transcription company? ...

Summit Transcription - Small Company. Anyone
Jul 27, 2010

work there?  I am always hesitant about small companies having enough work.  They seem nice. ...

Terra Nova Transcription Is The Only Company
Aug 23, 2010

... I have ever worked for where TOP MANAGEMENT will get on and type.  They don't take work away from the MTs but they put their money where their mouth is instead of whining, begging and threatening people to work while they file their nails.  ...

Does Anyone Know How To Find Out What Company VA Transcription Is Awarded To? Sm
Aug 30, 2010

A while ago I believe there was a discussion on the board about the VA's and someone posted a link to the page where it might list which companies are bidding on or were awarded which VA VISN packages.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  TIA ...