A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Cognition Health Partners - any info? - Wondering

Posted: May 08, 2012

Anyone with recent info on this company? Basically wondering if they are a stable company, have enough work, managers okay to get along with, etc. TIA!

Response - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I interviewed with CHP and was offered a position but declined because, although they're hiring "employees only," this does not include benefits. According to the recruiter, a benefits package may be available by the end of 2012. This was a real disappointment to me, and I suggested to her that they make this clear up front so that applicants can decide whether or not it's worth their time to undergo testing.

I was otherwise impressed with the recruiter's quick responses, but, as we all know, this does not necessarily reflect a company-wide attitude. Sorry I don't have any further information.

I would avoid them! Sm - Former cognitioner

[ In Reply To ..]
I was with the company that they purchased (Voice Systems). I was very happy with VS. They made all kinds of promises to us when they initially took over, but it quickly became apparent that none of those were going to come to fruition anytime soon. We were promised benefits before the end of 2010. They still don't have them? Not surprised.

I also found them to be very demanding and difficult to work for. I was an IC at the time. They basically wanted me to sit in front of the computer at all times so I would be available *just in case* work came in (if the queue was empty, which it frequently was cos a lot of the clients dumped them during the turnover). Then when work did come in, they were calling me at all hours wanting to know why things weren't done within a 4-hour turnaround (24-hour was the contracted TAT). They didn't seem to care that they were not treating us fairly. Um, When do I get to spend time with my family? When do I get to sleep?

Oh, and 1 day, I went to log in to work, and I was locked out. No explanation. They tried to even refuse my calls. They said I was too much trouble cos GET THIS -- they LOST my first 2 paychecks and couldn't understand why I was upset and trying to find out where it was. They acted like it was my fault that the owner of the company had to go out on a weekend night and spend probably $200 to send me my check Western Union cos it was over 2 weeks late and things were getting desperate at my house. And then he had to go do it again the next weekend. We still never found out what happened to those checks. I wonder if they ever bothered to get direct deposit like they promised, but never did while I was there. If we had had direct deposit, I don't think my paycheck would have ever been an issue for them!

Similar Messages:

Cognition Health Partners
Oct 09, 2011

Does anyone work for this company that can tell me any info on them?  I have just taken the test and passed, so I am curious to what they are about ie, amounts of work, type of work, pay?  TIA ...

Cognition Transcription? Never Heard Of Them, Any Info? Nm
Dec 09, 2010

nm ...

Anybody Know Anything About Cognitive Health Partners?
Jul 14, 2011

I took their test at the mttest testing site and failed the screening portion!  Now I'm not one to toot my own horn, but I have been in the MT business for 18 years and have never failed a test and I have taken 100s of them on mttest.  So I'm stumped.  Anybody else take the screening test and fail.  Right after I took their test and failed the screening, I took another company's test and sailed through each portion and second company's test had a lot of th ...

Any Info On Entrada Health? I See Their Ad
Apr 16, 2012

talks about EHR.  I work in EHR now, so just wondering what these people have to offer compared to what I am working on now.  Just wondering what the Speech Recognition part of EHR would entail.  The EHR I work in now has parts of the medical record already in place and I TYPE the missing parts of it (HPI, PE, X-RAYS, ASSESSMENTS, PLANS, and whatever else they want to include that has not been included in the record.  Anyone work there now willin ...

Info Webmedex On Health Insurance
Dec 01, 2009

I am so sick of not making any money!  I brought home about 16,400 this year and this is only my 5th year in MT, so I suppose that is okay... not really.  I found out there are brand new MTs in my company making more then me!  I was like come on now!!!  Anyway, I have decided to make ends meat that I need to take another 8 hour job.  So I will be working the dreaded 16 hour work day to make sure me and my 3 kids have a roof over our heads.  I know I can do it, but i ...

Medquist Health Insurance Info?
Jun 28, 2010

Can anyone tell me about MedQuist's health insurance (for just me - I live in North Carolina)?  I am afraid there is a hysterectomy in my future and I am really wondering how high the deductibles are and how much they pay after you've met them.  I'd be eligible in August, I think.  So, someone ease my mind that it's better than the private policy I have right now where I pay $230 a month for a $3, 500 deductible with $3, 500 coinsurance and they pay 50% of sur ...

Any Info On American Health Connection, Not Much In The
Mar 29, 2013

. ...

Any Up-to-date Info On Command Health?
May 27, 2015

:) ...

Need Current Info On Alliance Health Documentation
Sep 30, 2014

Interested in there Microsoft Word program accounts, not the Fusion. Thanks ...

Laboratory Tech Vs Coder/biller Health Info
Dec 31, 2009

I feel MT is dying a slow death.  I want to be prepared.  Lab technicians work in an independent setting and get to analyze, dissect, research (love it!) and there are many employment opportunities, but the math scares me.  Medical billing/coding and health information data entry would be logical after MT'ing for 15 years, but i'm worried about the outsourcing and the prospect doesn't excite me as much as the lab tech.  I'm afraid i'd be stuck in ...

Anybody Heard Of GO Partners
Sep 15, 2011

Is anybody familiar with a company called GO Partners? ...

Go Partners - Any Feedback
Sep 21, 2011

Has anyone had experience with Go Partners?  I was offered a job but didn't have to test for it and that makes me a liittle nervous.  They appear to use the Emdat Inscribe system and do mostly ortho work.  Any feedback would be appreciated. ...

Webmedx Partners With NLPI
Sep 28, 2010

Does anyone know anything about Natural Language Processing Solution: MedLee? Webmedx partnered with NLPI. I have been researching it, and it seems very high tech. I can't wrap my brain around it. Is this a step closer to phasing out MTs or no? Here is the article's link: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/webmedx-and-nlp-international-team-to-bring-natural-language-processing-software-to-medical-transcription-103906588.html Today I feel like Laura Ingalls Wilder did when she wa ...

International Labor Partners, What Do They Do?
Apr 19, 2012

I've read on here previous comments about the ILPs not having the skill set to perform straight transcription/editing, and if that's true (and I tend to believe it myself), then exactly what is their purpose in the industry? Can they churn out the line count (or way above and beyond line requirements)? Can they create/edit a document that is ready for release to clients? Who QAs their grammar, punctuation, spelling (in correct English)? Can they precisely transcribe OR reports, car ...

Anyone Heard Of GO Partners, Past Or Present?
Sep 13, 2011

Has anyone heard of GO Partners, past or present?  Not much in the archives.  Good, bad, American company?  They had a posting listed but now it is down.  Just wondering... ...

Does Nuance FT Insurance Cover Domestic Partners?
Jan 06, 2012

I'm a FT Webber and think I've heard something about this, but can't seem to find in the insurance info. Thank you! ...

Silent Partners Medical Transcription In Lufkin, TX.
Jun 16, 2014

Has anyone had any experience with Silent Partners Medical Transcription out of Lufkin, Tx and if you have what your experience has been with them, etc.? ...

Silent Partners Transcription Company - WARNING
Jun 26, 2014

Just a warning to anyone thinking of working for this company.  They are very quickly going to disappear because they're so impossible to work for.  I worked for them for 9 months, and in that time: I never received a contract after asking over and over again (yes, I should have quit sooner).  I was repeatedly told that their "lawyers are working on them" and since found out that they had contractors there for up to 7 years with no contract. They only use f ...

Any Thought On Bayscribe/RecordsOne's Other Partners - Landmark Is One.
Sep 10, 2014

Looking at their home page, they seem to be promoting VR as well.  My memory is that Landmark has a (relatively) good reputation. I don't particularly recognize their other transcription partner, DB Transcription.  They also have a coding partner.  http://www.recordsone.com/partners/ Thoughts anyone? (I only got around to checking it out last night).   ...

Could Anyone Who Has An HRA (health Reimbursement Arrangement) Type Of Health Care
May 04, 2010

tell me how that works?  I know the insurance premiums are less than a regular health plan.  If your  company puts 500 in your account, does that mean the first few times, for example, until you use up the 500, you don't pay ANYTHING or is it the opposite...you pay the entire office visit cost until you reach that 500?  I would be so grateful for any information about this type of plan.  TIA ...

Info On Accentus US Ambulatory? Is It Associated With Nuance? Any Info Appreciated. NmNm
Feb 18, 2014

Xx ...

CAN ANYONE GIVE ME INFO ON GLOBAL INFO SYSTEMS (GIS)
Jan 10, 2010

Looking for information about Global Info Systems.  Can anyone telll me anythihng about them.  Thank you. ...

Anyone Have Info/work For Global Info In Texas???
Jul 04, 2012

Need to know any info ASAP on I think its called Global Info Systems or something like that out of Texas. Lots of clinic work, but low low line rate offered. Need to know about management, stability, VR reality, workload, response from tech support, etc. Also, are these clinics in India? Thanks for any help! ...

If You Can't Get Course Info Without Leaving Info So They Can Call/spam You
Sep 12, 2012

It isn't easy to get off some of the spam and phone call lists when you click for more information about some of these courses. I've found that for me, it isn't worth it to get that information if I am giving up my privacy. Some of these people are relentless! You can't get away from them once they get your information. There is one in particular that makes sure you hear from them every day in one form or another. They become your best friend, even if you weren't lookin ...

Any Info On GIS (Global Info Systems) Out Of TX? I
Jan 21, 2012

I applied for an MT position with them.  I don't see anything recent on the boards and wondered if they were a good company to work for.  TIA ...

Global Info Systems - Info?
Dec 13, 2012

I am testing with GIS this evening, does anyone have any information on this company. I am currently working with TTS, they do not even pay 4 CPL for editing. I feel like this business has become a legalized form of slavery. The only business where with over 10 years of experience, your pay goes down. ...

Health Insurance For SE
Oct 14, 2009

Hey folks.  Does anyone know of a group health insurance coverage I can get even with preexisting issues?  My company doesn't offer it.  I've thought of switching companies but all the other ones sound so awful.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated. ...

Health Ins. And Production
Nov 09, 2009

If you don't make your production in any given pay period, do they drop your insurance?   Do they give you a warning? ...

Kaleida Health
Mar 16, 2010

Does anyone know who took over the account for the Kaleida Health Group in the Buffalo New York area?  Nightingale Informatix out of Canada previously had the account but recently lost it. ...

United Health
May 02, 2010

I have a good friend who left the Q and is working in a doctor's office.  They have to confirm insurance coverage ON some of their patients.  While doing so, she had to contact United Health.  The call was answered in INDIA!!! ...