A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Regarding Webmedx being AHDI Employer of the Year - K

Posted: Aug 12, 2010

This is funny.  I just called AHDI and asked how many nominees were there for Employer of the Year for this year?  With such fanfare as Webmedx makes over it, it must be quite an accomplishment, right? What's your guess?

wait for it...

THREE! LOL

lololol

three. 3.

hahaha

sorry, I couldn't help it.

And asked whether that's typical of previous AHDI Employer of the Year awards (because they really like to tell everyone about that title), I was told by Miranda at AHDI that it is.

All of the suits are putting this KLAS award in their signature line. The latest thing is a competition as to who's the best employer to work for. But get this: Not 100% of their employees receives an invitation to the survey, so it's not representative of the true sentiment of their workforce.

Webmedx has the game down. They know few people are going to examine the results and what they're worth. The more little titles you can wave, they more you appear good to people who don't do any digging.

PLEASE tell others about these things. Call AHDI yourself to confirm.

So what? Who cares? - ns

[ In Reply To ..]
It must really bug you that Webmedx received that award. I have better things to do with my time, like WORK, than call to call AHDI and ask this type of question. If you don't like Webmedx, move along......

it must really bug you that she posted this. It is an interesting read. - n/m

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I care. :) sm - K

[ In Reply To ..]
I care. Apparently plenty of others on this board care. You cared enough not only read it, but also reply. You've got better things to do with your time...than post a rude reply to something you don't care about? That makes sense. lol

Yes, if an MTSO is going to constantly wave their awards, it's a valid question to know how hard it is to achieve those awards.

Have a better day. :)

KLAS is a different award, not related to AHDI sm - Joe Friday

[ In Reply To ..]
KLAS is a survey of customers, not hand-picked; Google it. AHDI Employer of the Year nominees are submitted by their employees months in advance of the awards. There were 2 surveys recently - 1 was asking about how to improve Enterprise (to make it better) and the other was the randomized employee survey about "best places to work". Neither of those is related to the AHDI award, nor the KLAS award.

Not being inflammatory here, simply trying to post information for clarity.
Thanks, Joe, for posting worthwhile info. - Other who knows KLAS. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
not worthwhile info,K never said other 2 are related to ahdi - nice try manager nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Exactly. I never said they were related to AHDI. Read for comprehension, folks. nm - K
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Sorry JF, K never said the 2 were related - Just the Facts Mam
[ In Reply To ..]
x
"K" & "Just the Facts Mam" you are incorrect & pitiful - Factchecker
[ In Reply To ..]
1) Sounds like your problem should be with AHDI not Webmedx as they dont make the rules only go by them. Anyone one of dozens of companies could have participated. How many finalists make you sleep at night 4,5 6?

2) I would gloss over KLAS as fast as you possibly can, b/c you obviously have no rebuttal for their success with customers other than to say they staff unfairly to make those customers happy

3) The Healthcare Employer of the year survey is totally blind to Webmedx. They have no say on who received it or filled it out. If you knew anything about random statistical sampling, you would know this. Maybe you could obsess some more and call someone at the magazine.

4) Its sad that someone is so bitter. Last I checked Webmedx doesnt force people to work for them and puts itself at risk and higher cost to employ only US Based workers. Maybe instead of obsessing over Webmedx with inaccurate information, you could post about how good all the other MTSOs are to work for.

This is America - if you would have put as much effort into finding a satisfying job as you did calling AHDI and "investigating" the rules of all these awards, you may feel better about yourself, but I doubt it.
The same old - if you dont like it move on then - Management Spiel
[ In Reply To ..]
So tiring. Let people come here and tell the truth without management trying to employ some thinly veiled attempt to look like "regular Joe transcriptionist" and saying the problem lies with the MT.

Well, guess what? It doesn't. They are not the only 2 fed up with Wedmedx. In fat, they are FAR from the only 2.

Webmedx has hit the skids and their reputation is following them. They will sink their own ship without any help for us "unsatisfied" MTs.
Blah Blah Blah...dont let facts - Factchecker
[ In Reply To ..]
get in the way of a good whinning session.

What is the same old theme is anytime you cant argue the facts - you say its "management".

What you should be mad at is hospitals dont see the value you add to the process. What you should be mad at is hospitals would rather send your documents to India than the US. What you should be mad at is the EHR companies that say "TX is not needed" despite the proven loss of patient quality.

What you should be mad at is that hospitals have demanded the cost of transcription decrease by 30% in the past year alone.

What you should be mad at is the insurance co. that raise premuims 30% year over year b/c the MT population is one of the most unhealthy groups in the insurance pool.
Unhealthy? MTSOs made us unhealthy! - chained to the puter
[ In Reply To ..]
Flex! Sit here 12 hours a day staring at NSA for 6 of those hours! Don't take a break - type these stats NOW! We're going to cut your wages in half so you can work twice as hard and sit at the computer twice as long! And we've overhired again - so be sure to sit here 7 days a week struggling for minimum lines if you want to keep your job! Choose between exercise or money! Choose between health or a paycheck!

But its OUR fault because this industry forces behavior on us that ruins our health?! MTSO's have MADE us unhealthy and hope we drop dead at the keyboard! I find it pretty ironic that they are doing "Steps for Health" and encouraging us to count how many steps we walk a day - gee, if we could punch in, type steady for 8 hours, then walk away instead of flex until we go to bed, we'd all be healthier. But nope, gotta overhire. More mixed messages - be healthy, but never leave your computer!
Excellent points, Factchecker. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't bother to be mad about most of it, though, that'd be like spitting into the wind.

Dear Chained, come on. Try for a balanced viewpoint. The MT population is aging, a large portion nearing retirement, and for the most part it is a population that developed nice broad butts before this downturn started, plus a generous share of the nation's dibetes, COPD, and premature heart disease epidemics.

The truth bites!
Dear Chained - I have been an MT for 27 yrs; we were fat BEFORE sm - BerthaBigButt
[ In Reply To ..]
MTSOs came along and "chained us" to our computers. Come on, sitting at desk and typing (yes, back in the old days) makes you fat. That's an excuse because you are so obviously angry at this company.

I really think you should look at leaving the profession because it's not going to change; you need to decide what is healthy for you.
Uhh, no one makes you sit at a computer and gain weight. - It is your personal choice. LOL
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Nope, just the suits that insist I do so - if I want to keep my job-not funny
[ In Reply To ..]
How are the suits insurance rates, as a group? Good, because "they" don't get fat? Because "they" are salaried and get paid good whether they work a lot or a little? Because nobody's going to get hysterical if they take time out for an exercise break?
Uhh, because their jobs involve going to client sites - and being out in the world and active? LOL
[ In Reply To ..]
Get a different line of work if you're gaining weight. Get a gym membership. Heck, you can go take a walk for FREE. LOL

No one's fault but your own.
LOL?? You are incredibly rude. These posts do not call for your attitude. - Just what is your problem?
[ In Reply To ..]
Wow! Overreact much?
Work, sleep or exercise - pick 2 - only time for work and sleep
[ In Reply To ..]
Walks are free. Hilarious. Insurance isn't. My utilities aren't. I get paid production. I usually have to choose a paycheck over a long leisurely walk. Because I'm not a suit on salary. My STM has time and money for a trainer, a gym, and spanking new workout machines, and brags about it constantly. How cool for HER.
It is your personal choice LOL??? What is funny about it. - You obviously know NOTHING about being an MT
[ In Reply To ..]
If we don't sit at our computers, we can't make money. Unlike management who can get up, walk around, watch a little TV, go out to lunch, because they don't get paid on production.

Get a clue yourself before pretending to know what anyone else's choices are.
Gee I wonder WHY MTs are in the most unhealthy groups. - Could be because of management baiting?
[ In Reply To ..]
Nah, no way. Right Factchecker? ;-)
Bravo Factchecker! Bravo! nm - WebmedxMT
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Sure you are a WebmedxMT - Uh-huh.
[ In Reply To ..]
Management following true to form. It's almost funny, really.
Interesting - K
[ In Reply To ..]
You know what's interesting to me? Why someone would be so defensive of a company--and so aggressive in attacking a messenger for giving indisputable facts. Do you think Webmedx is loyal to you?

You can try to attack me as an individual, but the facts stand for themselves, "Factchecker." It is laughable that Webmedx makes such fanfare over these awards, particularly when you note the quality (or lack of) the awards.

My employment choices are my own. Maybe I want to stay on board just to annoy you? lol It does seem that you're easily annoyed.

But what it comes down to, Factchecker, is that the facts are bothering you, and it's really, really bothering you that I posted them here. What you don't seem to understand is that you can be mad. You can insult me. You can try to say I'm not happy in my job and need to find a new one. You can really say anything at all in your frothing anger, but the problem is the facts stand for themselves. I was just the messenger. And there's nothing you can do about the facts, no matter how mad you are, is there? :)
Factchecker, show me ONE thing in my OP that was incorrect. sm - K
[ In Reply To ..]
Since you've chosen such a moniker for yourself and stated that I am incorrect, let's have you stand behind those words: Show me ONE THING in my original post that is incorrect. Let's have it. Or are you just words? Dispute exactly what I said, not anything you inferred from it or anything you simply don't like about it. Show us all what I said in my OP that is incorrect.
Thank you (sm) - K
[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you for your post. You are absolutely correct. Funny how I post some indisputable facts here that gets some frothing at the mouth so they go after the messenger. As I wrote in my initial post: Call AHDI and verify how many nominees there were and how many companies Webmedx competed with for this "prize." Hey, you don't have to like the truth, but it's still the truth. :) It's amusing that someone who goes by "Factchecker" thinks she can somehow dispute the facts. So tell us, Factchecker, how many companies DID Webmedx compete with for AHDI Employer of the Year if it wasn't three? We're waiting with baited breath.

I was very clear in mentioning three different items, and I never linked the other two to AHDI. I'm glad that some can read for comprehension, anyway.

Regarding the best employer to work for, I return to one of the points made in my original post: When you send a satisfaction survey to a mere fraction of your employees, you do not get an adequate representation of the satisfaction of the employees in the company.

These ARE facts, people. You can verify them for yourselves. You can try to attack the messenger, but it doesn't change the FACTS. It just makes you look kinda like you need to give yourself a wittle hug. :)
I never said or implied that KLAS or the other survey WERE related to AHDI. nm - K
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

after you shining the light on their trophies.... - eyes wide open mt

[ In Reply To ..]
...they do not seem to shine as bright!

Nominations for suits, by suits - poll all employees or none

[ In Reply To ..]
ADHI is good at making out bogus titles and handing them out - its made them rich! Webmedx is learning plenty from them - especially how to sell out MTs and profit from OUR losses.

How to become Employer of the Year - I wanna play too

[ In Reply To ..]

1). Make best friends with AHDI.
2). Follow their suggestions to cut your employees wages in half. Keep a select few people on cushy accounts without their wages cut, and tell them their wages won̢۪t be cut as long as they are very, very vocal on public forums about how great they have it.
3). Take all the excess money you have from cutting wages and buy an award. Do this indirectly by nagging your employees to get their CMT and offering to pay part of it.
4). Congratulate your employees on what a great place they work for. After all, they paid for you to be called the best, they deserve to bask a little in your glow as they starve to death.

Anybody want to give ME half your paycheck? I promise to buy the best PR available with the money, and let YOU feel imporant from associating with me once everybody sees how great I am. You'll be so PROUD to be my friend once I'm done.

Hey "K" - have called Modern Healthcare yet today - Factchecker

[ In Reply To ..]
I am anxiously awaiting your report on the "Best Places to Work in Healthcare" from Modern Healthcare.

I hoped you stayed up last night outlining the rules, process, contact methodology, and paramenters so we can know if it is worthwhile to see if Webmedx qualifies.

Sounds like someone's really upset by the facts. :) nm - K

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

What does it matter to you? - Why is this so personal to you?

[ In Reply To ..]
You have to be a suit to care so much what one MT has to say about this company.

Similar Messages:

Webmedx Voted AHDI Employer Of The Year
Aug 10, 2010

Thoughts on this? I think it is laughable, all the begging they did for us to fill out the survey and nobody was doing it.  I would not consider it an honor to be voted best of anything by the AHDI.  ...

AHDI And Medquist Honor MTs Of The Year
Oct 18, 2010

Does anyone know the region(s) the MTs work that were recently honored by the CEO?  How can you be considered for this award if you constantly get NJA now?  North region out of work since early this morning.  Even 11pm shift now has NJA daily. ...

How Would You Type: For The Past Year-year And A Half?
Sep 09, 2011

.. ...

Pt Has A "several Year" History Of A Slowly-growing Mass. Hyphen Several Year?
Jan 25, 2011

? ...

Year Old Versus Year-old
Aug 28, 2014

If no noun following such as female or male should this be hyphenated, i.e. if stated "A 10 year old has stomachache".... should it be "A 10-year-old has stomachache" ..... ...

What Can An Old Employer Say About You?
Aug 27, 2010

What kinds of things can an old employer say about you when contacted by a company you're trying to get hired by? ...

Ex-Employer Trying To Scare Me?
May 04, 2010

My original post is further down on this page.  I was hired in by a company that told me I was hired contingent upon my computer passing their test.  It passed the test and I was offered employment.  Their techs downloaded their software on my computer and then for over a week, they worked on my computer, and then said my system was not compliant with their softwared.  I asked for new account with different platform, asked for them to restore my computer to its orginal state, ...

If Your Employer Doesn't Pay You.....
May 05, 2010

Only using an employer as an example - my personal example - but my idea is applicable to all the others I have read about on this site Not long ago, I posted a rant about Siance not paying me.  I turned them in to the Labor Board.  They were given a deadline to pay me, but it could take that Dept up to 6 months or longer to get my money.  I thought...HMMM...I HAVE BILLS TODAY - NOT IN 6 MONTHS MAN!    So...I filed unemployment against Saince.  They did a pho ...

How Is Encompass As Employer???
May 31, 2010

Can anyone tell me anything about Encompass?  Website looks good, but then most do.  Any info welcome.  I want to bail but would not like to go from frying pan to the fire. ...

When Searching For A New Employer
Nov 25, 2010

Check with the BBB.  They shouldn't just have NO activity, but be part of the ongoing audit, not just boast they have had NO activity.  Heck, I have had no activity!!!  It is only as good as what is submitted. You may have been in business 10+ years but screwed people over 5+ years of that time.  If no one reports you, the activity continues.... Watch RIPOFF reports.  They do not lie.  Unfortunately, not enough people file these reports so some of us are ...

Tell The Potential 2nd Employer About The 1st?
Sep 20, 2011

Took me quite awhile to figure this out. You need 2 MT jobs because they all overhire to keep many more employees less busy to pay less. In my day, you kept your 2nd job quiet, but what is the way to do it now? Is it good or bad to be looking for a 2nd part-time job, do you tell them. Is there anyone who left the first job to go full time with the 2nd one or switched them? And is it better to go IC in the 2nd job because of flexibility? I sound pretty dumb! ...

Contacting Former Employer
Jul 09, 2012

Has anyone ever contacted a former employer to see if they would re-hire you? Reason I am asking is, I was working with this MT company, but had to quit because something happened to my computer and my back-up didn't have the specifications required to run the software they use. It's been about 4 months since I've quit, and I have a new computer now that would work with what they offer. I am hesitant to ask to see if they would consider re-hiring me because when I quit, even thoug ...

How Is M*Modal As An Employer?
Oct 02, 2012

Can anyone, current or past employees of M*Modal, give me an idea of how they are as an employer?  Were you confined to set work times or were you able to work freely as time permitted?  Also, if anyone is willing to share, what is the pay rate? (per line, per minute of dictation...)I am in Canada and I know M*Modal branches out here (they have e-mailed me informing me of job openings) but I currently work for another really good company.  I am just curious as to the possibility o ...

Any Recourse When An Employer Wont Pay Their ICs?
Aug 02, 2010

any ideas?  I live in one state and my IC "employer" lives in another.  He owes me a substantial amount of money (almost 3K).  Do I have any recourse against him?  Could I file a suit against him with his state attorney generals office or small claims court or anything???  ...

Good Employer With Benefits
Dec 27, 2010

OSI & NUANCE: Please tell me about these companies. What can i expect for per line? For editing? I have 20+ years experience in acute care, radiology and multispecialty. I am a newbie to online work. HELP. TX ...

Dear Prospective Employer,
Nov 24, 2011

Dear Prospective Employer, It would have been great if you had specified in your ad whether the opening was on-site or if it was available to telecommuters.  If it is not available to telecommuters, then I just wasted over an hour of my time and your HR department has a unqualified application to process. It would have been great if your HR department had done a trial run through your online application to get the bugs out of it.  It would have been great if you had not designe ...

Reviews On Transcend As Employer
Jan 11, 2012

I'm looking into maybe working for Transcend.  I would welcome any and ALL reviews.  Feel free to post here, or e-mail me privately.   Thanks very much. ...

If An Employer Interviewing You Asked For Your
Mar 25, 2012

This story has been popping up in the news lately, and I find it very distressing!  How low will a company stoop to find a way to practice hiring discrimination?  Imagine yourself interviewing in an office or on the phone, and they ask if you use Facebook, Twitter, etc., and request you to hand over your password!  Would you do it?  I sure hope not!  Most likely I would lose my cool and laugh in their faces, but still no way would I ever do that.  WHAT an invasion ...

Opinions On M*Modal As An Employer?
Oct 14, 2012

Hi Ladies - anyone recommend this company? Do they have good benefits?What is their line count requirement? Thanks a bunch... ...

Does Anyone's Employer Use Epic Systems?
Oct 15, 2012

Does anyone's employer use Epic systems?  Our hospital is thinking of switching. ...

Alphastaff Employer For 2012 On W2
Mar 02, 2013

How about that. No *paper* record of me ever being employed by Nuance Transcription Services. Are they hiding something? ...

My Job Is Phasing Out And My Employer Is Blaming
Sep 19, 2013

I work as an IC for a multispeciality clinic.  To make a long story short, she told us on the 1st the physicians are only allowed about 2000 lines a month and after that they will be charged. They are pushing the physicians to use an automated system.   She says that will decrease our workload significantly and she strongly urges us to pursue over avenues for employment.  I have not done hospital transcription since 2008.  I talked to my friend who works for a local ...

Do You Put Your Current Employer On Your Resume?
Apr 01, 2014

I am wondering,  because I am not sure if I want to show another company name to a prospective employer unless asked.   I like the current place and am going to stay, but it's only part-time right now.  ...

Inscribe Illegal Employer
Jun 05, 2014

Only hiring I.C.'s? Inscribe is full of it! It costs more upfront to be a 1099, and helps them evade paying taxes. There is tremendous liability on top of it. IT'S AGAINST THE LAW! *see link. http://www.treasury.gov/tigta/auditreports/2013reports/201330058fr.pdf ...

See Link Inside. What An Employer Can/cannot
Dec 04, 2014

when it comes to docking your pay, and docking our pay is now the law of the Nuance landscape, sending reports to QA, etc.  I have seen nothing or heard anything good, including during the conference call.  Did you agree to this new and exciting plan~~~in writing?  The link below, as long as the title may be, is from U. S. News and World Report.  Wonder if Nuance had their lawyers look at what they are doing?    ...

Isnt It Illegal For A Potential Employer To Ask Your Age?
Nov 16, 2009

Have any of you had the feeling you weren't getting callbacks from employers you applied with because of your age?  I've been getting that feeling, and I thought that discrimination based on age, among other things, was illegal. So of course, the answer would be to just not fill in your date of birth, right?  Well, lately I've applied at a few places where the ONLY way to apply was online.  I had actually called them because I wanted to either come in and fill out ...

Dear Employer: Today's Pet Peeve
Nov 13, 2010

I've been a transcriptionist for more than 25 years, have worked for 7 different employers, and every one of them has always said that it is required for everyone to work one weekend day, you either work sunday through thursday or tuesday through saturday.  Then I see an email to all employees that says, "please consider changing your schedule to work a weekend day."  WTF?  There are people not already working a weekend day?  That makes me feel pretty stupid for all the ...

My Employer Is Moving From Trans To MQ's VR Platform
Oct 05, 2011

My employer use MedQuist’s DocQScribe software and is moving us all onto its VR.  So far, what we’re seeing from the VR is almost completely garbage, but MedQuist claims that our corrections will “teach” the VR to recognize our dictators’ speech patterns.  Of course, our wages are being renegotiated, as well.  We have about three dozen MTs and I think a few hundred dictators.  So far, it takes me about 25% longer to correct this VR trash than it ...

Employer Not Giving A Time To End A Shift?
Nov 03, 2011

Has anyone ever heard of an employer asking you to start at a certain and not giving a time to end a shift?  What I've been getting is "just work until the work is done".  Any comments are appreciated. ...

Payroll Company Listed As EMPLOYER On W2???
Jan 25, 2012

Ok, I'm being careful here because I'm not sure what companies names' we can/cannot post so here we go: I've been working for the same company (let's call it company TYPE A for now) for approximately 6-7 yrs as an IC. When I got my 1099's, the company's name TYPE A was always listed. As of January 2011, I became an employee and started recieving my checks via a payroll company, let's call them PAYROLL A.   I got my W2 (online) the other day. When I ...