A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Alphastaff employer for 2012 on W2 - SeaMT

Posted: Mar 02, 2013

How about that. No *paper* record of me ever being employed by Nuance Transcription Services. Are they hiding something?

Nuance alphastaff - miffedmt

[ In Reply To ..]
That's because Nuance SUCKS!!! I quit there a month ago and have not regreted it. No one called to see/ask why I quit; it's like they don't really care....on to the next MT who wants to make pennies working for this awful company. RUN!~

Similar Messages:

Paid Through AlphaStaff
Dec 14, 2011

Does anyone know of a transcription company who paid their employees through AlphaStaff last year.  Strange question - but I need to get a copy of my W2.  I worked there for a very brief period and cannot remember the name of the company.  Thanks for any help! ...

Nuance/Alphastaff Nightmarish Benefits Enrollment Mess
Dec 16, 2011

I have never seen such a disorganized operation. We've been getting forms periodically emailed. Many forms don't have adequate instructions on where they're supposed to be sent. State tax forms haven't been sent to everyone as they should have been. Some employees haven't even gotten news about what they'll be paid next year, and yet they're expected to choose benefits without knowing what they'll be earning. This has been incredibly stressful and unneces ...

WOW Just Got My W2 For 2012
Jan 17, 2013

Can anybody cheer me up. This is so disgusting I have just decided to take early Social Security retirement because my pay is soooo low, and the limit for 2013 to earn is $15,320. So I guess these disgusting pay rates are good for one thing. ...

Insurance...do I Have It For 06/01/12-06/30/2012
May 25, 2012

Been here 10+ yrs.  Did I miss something.  Our new insurance plan starts 07/01/12, but the plan I'm on seems to expire 05/31/12.  Ouch.  ...

Transcend W2's- Does Anyone Know If What Is The ADP For 2012 Is All We Need Or---sm
Jan 20, 2013

or will we be receiving an additional W2 from Nuance for that last payperiod that started on the 22nd?  Thanks.  ...

2012 Is The Year I Am Going To Stop Being An MT, But
Jan 06, 2012

if you were me, a 34-year-old single mother, would you go back to school to finish your LPN degree (one year left) or finish your HIT degree (one year left also) and become an RHIT?  Or maybe do both? ...

File Transfers 2012
Jun 13, 2012

Setting up a doc for digital with a Phillips 9600 or 9610 (not sure which way to go)...what is the current (2012) best method for file transfers....FTPs....cost effective ways...Dropbox?? or a service of some sort...Need to make this easy yet compliant....please help...any suggestions appreciated :) ...

Conference Call 10/15/2012
Oct 17, 2012

Maybe if MModal hired fewer employees from Microsoft they could afford to pay transcriptionist better and allow for cost of living raises.  I have been a transcriptionist for going on 30 years and this company is one of the reasons we can't make a living wage.  I am so tired of hearing the term "industry standard" because in the past when I worked with other companies and directly in-house I was paid more.  Just because it is the "industry standard" does not make it right. &n ...

Looking For Tax Software 2005-2012
Dec 06, 2013

I have a friend who has his own small business and was the victim of identity theft.  He now has to refile for the years of 2005-2012 and really cannot afford to pay a CPA for all those years and needs to purchase (at a great deal) TurboTax, TaxAct, or similar good quality software that is for home and business (with state preferred, but not 100% necessary).  I know he was looking online to find these, but I figured I'd ask here for him since a lot of US are self-employed and migh ...

Medical Costs To Raise 8.5% In 2012
May 20, 2011

Wonder how much more our wages will drop as medical costs continue to skyrocket out of control. ...

Anyone At Oracle? Read Posts From 2012...
Jul 21, 2012

Doesn't sound very good there either.  OMG are there any companies out there who respect their employees and pay a decent salary with no VR ?????????????? ...

Graduating October 30, 2012 Looking For Work
Oct 02, 2012

I will be finished with school at the end of this month. Does anyone hire recent grads? How can I get into the field if everyone wants to hire only those with experience? I could use some help on this. Please let me know if anyone has any advice. Thank you, ***** ...

Rates Per Line Or Minute In 2012
Oct 29, 2012

What is the current (2012) appropriate rate to charge for medication transcription services, either per line or per minute? ...

Nuance - Q4 2012 Results...BARF
Nov 20, 2012

See below for what Nuance did for 4th Quarter 2012. - it is very involved - but - at the top of page two they state they expect revenue from Healthcare to be 1 BILLION in 2013 - Then on page 3 in the Question/Answer section Paul Ricci Chief Exe Officer states: " It has been and continues to be our strategy to diminish the amount of labor contribution even as we have acquired some firms with large labor populations.  Our goal over time is to get greater leverage out of that labor contr ...

Rumor Earlier In 2012 That Transtech Was Going To
Jan 15, 2013

be acquired.  Did that ever happen?  Is it going to?  Already been through 2 acquisitions and don't want to do it again, so want to know Transtech status before possibly applying.  Any info?  Thanks ...

Nuance CEO Made $37 Million In 2012
Apr 14, 2013

President of Marketing made $7.58 million. CFO made $6.17 million. Executive VP of Corporate Strategy and Development made $2.52 million. Executive VP of Healthcare Division made $1.94 million.   WHY ARE YOU WASTING TIME READING THIS?  GET TO TYPING!!  THE EXECUTIVES NEED THEIR PAYCHECKS!!     ...

Clinical Coding Workout 2012 .... Help Please?
Mar 05, 2015

Hi everyone, I'm studying for practice as well as for an upcoming CCS Exam I have the 2012 book with answers but I'm getting a contradiction in answers between pgs. 274 & 357. for the same conditions. Both Behavioral Health sections. ** Case Studies from Inpatient Health Records (p 274) Behavioral Health Condition #7.26 It reads,  ".. a 26 y/o white male was admitted after being transferred  from the outpatient evaluation service with severe homicidal and suicidal i ...

AAPC 2012 Salary Survey Results
Nov 05, 2012

I am a member of AAPC and just received and reviewed AAPC's 2012 Salary Survey Results. You must be a member to read the survey. Because of the alarming wage decline as a medical transcriptionist, I decided to become certified as a coder and AAPC certification can be achieved sooner than AHIMA certification. I took AAPC's online course in February, achieved the CPC-H certification in September and have an apprentice designation. I am now searching for employment. According to th ...

2012 MT Of The Year Forgot To Mention That She Was Taxed
May 23, 2013

x ...

Is This 2012?? The Entire Communications Phone, TV And Now MQ Have Gone Bonkers Today! Sm
Sep 26, 2010

Very strange things going on where I live in the South.   This morning AT&T phone is not working right, My unfortunate status as on dial up is hopeless and the two phone lines I have seemed to be crossing each other.  Bad static, fax line noises.  Trying to connect and can get only 19K!!!   Can't get anything to pull up.   Called Support and addressed this problem.  Called AT&T and they did say there are problems in this area, and it migh ...

Just Lost Job 2/2/2012 After Ten Year Long Career - Any Helpful Hints
Feb 13, 2012

Well after ten years as radiology transcriptionist I lost my job to new technology.  Any helpful hints on finding a new job, what the market is for radiology transcriptiionists, is there any hope for me? ...

What Can An Old Employer Say About You?
Aug 27, 2010

What kinds of things can an old employer say about you when contacted by a company you're trying to get hired by? ...

Ex-Employer Trying To Scare Me?
May 04, 2010

My original post is further down on this page.  I was hired in by a company that told me I was hired contingent upon my computer passing their test.  It passed the test and I was offered employment.  Their techs downloaded their software on my computer and then for over a week, they worked on my computer, and then said my system was not compliant with their softwared.  I asked for new account with different platform, asked for them to restore my computer to its orginal state, ...

If Your Employer Doesn't Pay You.....
May 05, 2010

Only using an employer as an example - my personal example - but my idea is applicable to all the others I have read about on this site Not long ago, I posted a rant about Siance not paying me.  I turned them in to the Labor Board.  They were given a deadline to pay me, but it could take that Dept up to 6 months or longer to get my money.  I thought...HMMM...I HAVE BILLS TODAY - NOT IN 6 MONTHS MAN!    So...I filed unemployment against Saince.  They did a pho ...

How Is Encompass As Employer???
May 31, 2010

Can anyone tell me anything about Encompass?  Website looks good, but then most do.  Any info welcome.  I want to bail but would not like to go from frying pan to the fire. ...

When Searching For A New Employer
Nov 25, 2010

Check with the BBB.  They shouldn't just have NO activity, but be part of the ongoing audit, not just boast they have had NO activity.  Heck, I have had no activity!!!  It is only as good as what is submitted. You may have been in business 10+ years but screwed people over 5+ years of that time.  If no one reports you, the activity continues.... Watch RIPOFF reports.  They do not lie.  Unfortunately, not enough people file these reports so some of us are ...

Tell The Potential 2nd Employer About The 1st?
Sep 20, 2011

Took me quite awhile to figure this out. You need 2 MT jobs because they all overhire to keep many more employees less busy to pay less. In my day, you kept your 2nd job quiet, but what is the way to do it now? Is it good or bad to be looking for a 2nd part-time job, do you tell them. Is there anyone who left the first job to go full time with the 2nd one or switched them? And is it better to go IC in the 2nd job because of flexibility? I sound pretty dumb! ...

Contacting Former Employer
Jul 09, 2012

Has anyone ever contacted a former employer to see if they would re-hire you? Reason I am asking is, I was working with this MT company, but had to quit because something happened to my computer and my back-up didn't have the specifications required to run the software they use. It's been about 4 months since I've quit, and I have a new computer now that would work with what they offer. I am hesitant to ask to see if they would consider re-hiring me because when I quit, even thoug ...

How Is M*Modal As An Employer?
Oct 02, 2012

Can anyone, current or past employees of M*Modal, give me an idea of how they are as an employer?  Were you confined to set work times or were you able to work freely as time permitted?  Also, if anyone is willing to share, what is the pay rate? (per line, per minute of dictation...)I am in Canada and I know M*Modal branches out here (they have e-mailed me informing me of job openings) but I currently work for another really good company.  I am just curious as to the possibility o ...

Any Recourse When An Employer Wont Pay Their ICs?
Aug 02, 2010

any ideas?  I live in one state and my IC "employer" lives in another.  He owes me a substantial amount of money (almost 3K).  Do I have any recourse against him?  Could I file a suit against him with his state attorney generals office or small claims court or anything???  ...