A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

when searching for a new employer - Suzy

Posted: Nov 25, 2010

Check with the BBB.  They shouldn't just have NO activity, but be part of the ongoing audit, not just boast they have had NO activity.  Heck, I have had no activity!!!  It is only as good as what is submitted.
You may have been in business 10+ years but screwed people over 5+ years of that time.  If no one reports you, the activity continues....
Watch RIPOFF reports.  They do not lie.  Unfortunately, not enough people file these reports so some of us are faced with joining a company only to be screwed over.
You are a subcontractor.  You do not fall in the same guidelines as an "employee" for most states.  So it falls upon you to take the time to get an attorney and trek across the country to get your $700 that you were not paid by a company who was in business for over 10 years.....
There are a few places you can report people too in your state.

DBPR - Dept. of Business and Professional Regulation

BBB - Better Business Bureau  - complaint.bbb.org

State Attorneys Office

Division of Business Licenses

Dept. of Consumer Affairs
THERE, ANY QUESTIONS NOW!!!????

OR ... don't be a subcontractor, be an employee. - Most MTSOs have employees now

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Similar Messages:

Been Searching And Searching And Cannot Find
Apr 05, 2010

The patient has a few-month history of thigh pain and numbness.  Overall, I suspect the symptoms are likely secondary to radicular origin associated with his L4-5 spondylosis with foraminal narrowing.  However, other causes including meralgia paresthetica or diabetic s/l amioxi should be excluded.   I appreciate any help you guys can offer!  Thanks :) ...

Job Searching
Dec 28, 2009

I have been recently sending out my resume along with inquiring whether certain companies I am interested in are currently hiring.  About 90% have not had even the courtesy to acknowledge receiving the e-mail.  I am wondering if anyone also recently looking has had this problem and if anyone knows if companies not hiring generally keep this info on file or does it make sense in a month or two to recontact.  I can certainly tell the market has cha ...

Keep Searching
Jun 23, 2011

As I was reading through a lot of the depressing posts I thought I would share my experience. I have been an MT for almost 4 years. I was with the same company for almost 3 as an IC. I worked part-time to stay home with my kids. I completely agree with others about how hard it can be with the being in work mode all the time and the ups and downs. At the time I wasn't the sole provider though. However my husband got laid off the beginning of this year and I started to look for full-time ...

Searching Again
Oct 12, 2010

Does anyone know of a company hiring that supports both satellite and 64-bit windows Vista?  Just found out my hospital is keeping their work inhouse as of the end of this month:( ...

Been Job Searching For 2 Months...
Nov 27, 2009

With no luck. Sent tons of resumes and taken tests without many replies.  I'm starting to get worried now. ...

Job Searching And New At IC And Testing.
Feb 28, 2013

I know these things have probably been covered before here, but could someone please give me some general advice on what it is to be an IC?  Do you just send the IRS a quarterly payment and that's it?  What about Social Security and matching?  I have always done my own taxes, but I am in new territory here and probably will need a tax preparer now, but until then..... Also, when testing for companies, I find I cannot use my foot pedal with some.  How can I do that?  ...

Wow, I Was Just Searching The Internet For An
Dec 15, 2014

and came up with a listing for it on eBay. I wonder if you get any discount on your hospital bill if it is bidding on your surgical equipment on eBay, or even if you can bring your own.  Forget high surgeon fees, this stuff is radically expensive!!! ...

Searching For School
May 21, 2015

I am in Southwest Washington looking for accredited coding/billing school. should i do online or in class? im brand new at this...please help! ...

Needing Help About Searching People
Sep 13, 2010

I know someone who needs to be checked on and every time I google free public record search, it takes me to a PAY site.  Can anyone direct me to a FREE site to search public records?  TIA ...

Strategies In Job Searching For A New MT Grad
Feb 20, 2011

Does anyone have any strateges for job searching as  new MT grad?  I am willing to do general transcription work. ...

Searching For Doctors In Fluency
May 13, 2013

Is it me or is this more of a pain recently? Seems like the specialities are not listed and instead it just says medicine so it is really hard to find some doctors, and the search by just specialty just doesn't work anymore? I've had to go into the hospital websites several times today to find a doc by the specialty, cause God forbid they spell the off the wall names. ...

Another Question About Searching In The Company Board
Nov 12, 2009

When I try to search for some company that has very common words in it like "Transcription Unlimited" my results are really not what I'm looking for - like posts about unlimited long-distance calls.  Is there a way around this problem? ...

Probably A Stupid Question But Do We Get Paid For The CC's I Keep Searching For
Mar 14, 2012

thinking Im not searching anymore and just gonna phonetically spell them and let the doctors office find them ...

Advising The New Coding Students Or Those Searching For Their First Job
Nov 07, 2012

Coders who post on this board need to remind themselves that it is basically for MTs who are networking.    A medical transcriptionist who is a coding student or has become a newly certified coder has now learned in the last couple of days that: 1.      MT experience, other than medical knowledge, means nothing in the coding world.  There IS a big difference between school coding and actual work. 2.      The ...

Newly Graduated. Searching For Companies
May 14, 2013

I recently graduated MT school from Career Step and I'm in the process of looking up companies that would be good to apply for. I have a small list of potential companies but I would rather not apply without any feedback on the company first. I'd rather not be offered a job and take it not knowing anything about them. If you know anything (good or bad) about the following companies I would greatly appreciate your input! MedScribe TriStar RI Transcription Quality Transcripti ...

After Searching The Archives, I Cannot Find Any Recent
Sep 06, 2013

info on companies that use DocQScribe. Does anyone know the companies that use this? ...

Issue With Searching Company Names In That
Dec 16, 2014

Honestly, why when you search a company do tons of posts from 2006 and previous come up and you have to go through pages and pages of old posts before you see the recent info?The posts should be date order, latest first, IMHO. Who cares what people wrote about a company in 2006 when so many things have changed? I think anything older than a few years ago should not even be included in the search results since not only have most companies changed massively, our work environment has as well, i.e. ...

Searching For Good Online MT School For Canadian
Jan 01, 2011

I'm searching everywhere on web for info on the best recommended schools for Medical Transcription.  Canscribe is said to be 'one of the best', however it's soooo expensive.  Does anyone know a few other good schools recommended by AHDI ?     ...

Earphones - Searching For Comfortable Headsets Or Earbuds
Feb 04, 2011

I am searching for comfortable headsets or earbuds. What have you experienced MTs found that works the best? I want to hear well, while being comfortable...:) ...

Things Would Run Smoother If Searching Info Was Easier
Feb 15, 2012

Is it just me..I am on their company desktop so curious...If I am in a report and go to the F5 to search the all mighty repository then it messes up my DocQmanage search page and I have to sign out of there and resign in from scratch, doesnt even save my initial information..And why cant we be in the docqmanage search area and the docqmanage area that has the QA feedback at the same time..Having to constantly sign in and out is causing more trouble then anything.. ...

On Job Searching, Seeing Lots Of Positions For MT/scribe, In House. Might Be Something
Apr 20, 2013

x ...

Searching For New Career Idea-What Type Of Course Leads To This?
Apr 27, 2013

I've been noticing available jobs that have various but similar titles, but basically the function is as described in the link.  I think I'd really enjoy doing this, but I'm not sure what to study (some sort of medical office program?) .  Ideally, I need to take a course online if there's something decent, but I'm enrolled at the technical college in my home town for fall, so I could go that way.  In looking at what they offer, though, nothing seems like i ...

Anyone Work For B's Keys" I See On Searching The Board That There Have Been Problems In T
Oct 15, 2014

xx ...

What Can An Old Employer Say About You?
Aug 27, 2010

What kinds of things can an old employer say about you when contacted by a company you're trying to get hired by? ...

Ex-Employer Trying To Scare Me?
May 04, 2010

My original post is further down on this page.  I was hired in by a company that told me I was hired contingent upon my computer passing their test.  It passed the test and I was offered employment.  Their techs downloaded their software on my computer and then for over a week, they worked on my computer, and then said my system was not compliant with their softwared.  I asked for new account with different platform, asked for them to restore my computer to its orginal state, ...

If Your Employer Doesn't Pay You.....
May 05, 2010

Only using an employer as an example - my personal example - but my idea is applicable to all the others I have read about on this site Not long ago, I posted a rant about Siance not paying me.  I turned them in to the Labor Board.  They were given a deadline to pay me, but it could take that Dept up to 6 months or longer to get my money.  I thought...HMMM...I HAVE BILLS TODAY - NOT IN 6 MONTHS MAN!    So...I filed unemployment against Saince.  They did a pho ...

How Is Encompass As Employer???
May 31, 2010

Can anyone tell me anything about Encompass?  Website looks good, but then most do.  Any info welcome.  I want to bail but would not like to go from frying pan to the fire. ...

Tell The Potential 2nd Employer About The 1st?
Sep 20, 2011

Took me quite awhile to figure this out. You need 2 MT jobs because they all overhire to keep many more employees less busy to pay less. In my day, you kept your 2nd job quiet, but what is the way to do it now? Is it good or bad to be looking for a 2nd part-time job, do you tell them. Is there anyone who left the first job to go full time with the 2nd one or switched them? And is it better to go IC in the 2nd job because of flexibility? I sound pretty dumb! ...

Contacting Former Employer
Jul 09, 2012

Has anyone ever contacted a former employer to see if they would re-hire you? Reason I am asking is, I was working with this MT company, but had to quit because something happened to my computer and my back-up didn't have the specifications required to run the software they use. It's been about 4 months since I've quit, and I have a new computer now that would work with what they offer. I am hesitant to ask to see if they would consider re-hiring me because when I quit, even thoug ...

How Is M*Modal As An Employer?
Oct 02, 2012

Can anyone, current or past employees of M*Modal, give me an idea of how they are as an employer?  Were you confined to set work times or were you able to work freely as time permitted?  Also, if anyone is willing to share, what is the pay rate? (per line, per minute of dictation...)I am in Canada and I know M*Modal branches out here (they have e-mailed me informing me of job openings) but I currently work for another really good company.  I am just curious as to the possibility o ...