A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Reviews on Transcend as Employer - BlueEyed MT

Posted: Jan 11, 2012

I'm looking into maybe working for Transcend.  I would welcome any and ALL reviews.  Feel free to post here, or e-mail me privately.  

Thanks very much.

posting, not emailing, is the smart thing to do. - n/m

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Agree. I get so sick of seeing someone ask about - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
a company and think I am curious to see what the poster said only to see "emailed you." Very irritating. If you have something to say, say it where we can ALL benefit whether it is negative or positive. If it is negative, it would serve the company right to see it posted. If it is positive, the company would appreciate it!

Apology - BlueEyed MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Apology if I offended anyone by suggesting they could e-mail me with their comments. Sometimes people don't want to post something deeply personal, which I can't help.

no apology necessary. people will respond whatever way they see fit. - and others will pitch one. you are fine.

[ In Reply To ..]
==

Transcend - me

[ In Reply To ..]
I had been with the company they just bought out for many many years. They came in and first wiped out all of our leave, no personal days anymore, no sick days, you get 2 weeks a year for everything, that's it. As months went on, begged for a contact list of their hierarchy, after being bounced around, never did get it. One pay was a week short, tried to call, nobody answers the phone or works there. Tremendous amount of offshoring and helpdesk people are all Indian. I finally gave up and left and it took a month of fighting to get my leave owed to me, of course not the entire leave, just the 2 weeks they allow. Way too big, nobody runs the show, cherrypicking is rampant, some of the software systems leave much to be desired.

Makes me very glad I was not hired! - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
d

Bunch of non-truth tellers in my opinion - me

[ In Reply To ..]
Was in a buyout also. They promised everything would be the same for the foreseeable future, which didn't last long. Promised not to offshore unless the client wanted it - b.s. They offshore more than they keep in the US. They have lost several accts. They soon will be mostly VR. The only ones making $$ are the suits. I left in a hurry when they took over and have never looked back.
wow. These have not been my experiences at all. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I also came in with a merger several years ago. They honored ALL their promises, and went above and beyond. Communication has been great. NEVER have I heard what sounded like foreigners answer the help phone and I have called it. They've gained many accounts since I've come aboard. Lost none that I am aware of, (ie, not in my region where I get updates for). I have a number of accounts besides my primary, and all are straight transcription, no VR. I am sure experiences vary by region, TLs, etc, but it bothers me that some will slam and paint the whole company as horrible, when my experience has been wonderful (as far as MTSOs go). and I am only a run of the mill MT, not in QA and not a favored "pet." If you are looking at Transcend as a possible employer, I urge you to give it a fair chance. I nearly jumped ship early on in the merge, because of all the negatives stated, and am so glad I stayed.
Transcend/Straight transcription - Indy-MT
[ In Reply To ..]
Came in with a merger also several years ago, and no major complaints. Have never had a "foreigner" answer the "help" phone lne, although some do have slight accents(eastern, New York - southern,(possibly KY/TN):o)

All of my Team Leads have been fantastic to work with, and have just gone above and beyond what was expected for their teams!

What I do find interesting though is that I, too, have several accounts, none of which remained on straight transcription and all are 95% VR at reduced pay.

Guess I'm considered in the Midwest region - Indiana. Could I ask what region you are in - I want to move there:o) You really have "NO" VR??

When did you leave? - BlueEyed MT

[ In Reply To ..]
When did you leave Transcend? Thanks for the info. I am writing up additional questions to ask them before I make a final decision.

please look at my wow post above before deciding. - no msg.

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Just the oppisite to all said here for me - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Also bought out by Transcend. I do agree with this poster about loss of benefits. However, when I was shorted pay, I get the pay I was shorted within 24 hours by FedX. The hierarchy is all listed on their various WebPages. Offshoring does not affect me in any way, I do not notice cherrypicking. Their software system works just fine for me. TLs are very easy to work with and always available.

On a personal note, they are very flexible. Pay is about average with the going rate.

My opinion - memls

[ In Reply To ..]
I have nothing but positive experiences with Transcend..my pay is always on time, and it is decent pay, my TL is always helpful and so is my ROM..sometimes you can't always go by what people put on here..you have to sometimes find out for yourself..what works for one person doesn't necessarily work for another..good luck!
ditto to the wow posters - CardioMT
[ In Reply To ..]
I have posted here several times regarding Transcend as a part-time MLS for 4+ years. I think there are pros and cons with each company and find the pros with Transcend to outweight the cons.... hope you would give them a shot.....

Never talked to anyone with an accent - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I didn't like losing holiday pay and sick time. I loved the job I had when Transcend bought them. You only get 10 days a year and if you use them for holidays you can't take a week off. There are lists of hierarchy at the ADP website with emails,maybe phone numbers, don't remember. I like the TL and manager and other than wishing I still had holiday and sick time I am quite content.

Similar Messages:

Advice-Mixed Reviews On Transcend And Nuance, Anyone Care To Share Their Experience??
Oct 23, 2011

I am looking for a FT job with benefits and steady work.  I am considering applying to these 2 companies so I am hoping some will share their experiences good and bad so I can have something to compare to.  I currently am working on eScription through a local hospital as an IC so I wanted to apply at companies that I knew had eScription as I feel I am most productive on this platform. ...

Help!!! Current Employer - No Work Versus Transcend Promising Work.
Mar 07, 2011

Okay, Transcenders/Ex-Transcenders.  I have not done VRE before - just straight transcription.  If it were down to not enough work to pay the bills and taking an offer from Transcend....you would or wouldn't and why???  Please???!!!!! ...

Too Many Reviews
Feb 08, 2013

Why does this company love to review the crap out of us?  EVERY time I log on to a different account, there is a new review.  Several in one day.  I'm happy to say so far they are all 100% or close to it, but sheesh!! ...

Reviews
Feb 14, 2013

What is the difference between the reviews we have when we log onto an account and Fiesa reviews? ...

Escription Reviews?
Feb 09, 2011

My company is switching to escription in a few months.  We've heard the spiel from Escription.  Now I would like to hear from transcriptionists who use it.  What is the actual productivity improvement?  Any gliches with the software?  Do you like editing versus transcription?  Do you earn more or less now?  When your companies switched over to escription did the productivity improved as they said it would and how much reduction in staff occurred?  We've been told people can edi ...

Smartype - Reviews On It ?
Jan 01, 2013

Considering buying Smartype. Looking for reviews on it. Thanks! ...

QMedET - Any Reviews?
Mar 28, 2014

HI!  Does anyone work for QMedET?  How are they to work for?  They have an ad on MTJobs and I was just curious about them.  Any info would be helpful.  Thank you!   ...

Amphion ...reviews?
Dec 13, 2014

How hard is it to make a living on triton? ...

Precyse Reviews?
Mar 25, 2015

I saw a listing on my jobs.com from Precyse. The most recent review I see is several years old. Does anyone know about this company? I don't want to spend hours testing only to find out they're no good.    Thanks in advance! ...

AMPHION - Not What It's Cracked Up To Be From Reviews Here
Mar 10, 2010

Just wanted to give a heads up to anybody considering this company.  Even though they don't offshore, they are one of the worst bait-and-switcher MTSOs I've encountered. I was promised a non-overflow account by the talent acquisitions staff and then, once I actually started training, was moved to another account that at least had the work types I wanted.  But that was only overflow, so I got put on a secondary with specs so ridiculously different from my primary that I would ...

CastlePointe Management Reviews?
Jul 02, 2013

Has anyone ever worked for CastlePointe Management before? I can not find any reviews on them. All I know is they are a labour management service company, CastlePointe Management (CPM). CPM is subcontracted by IntelliType Corp. to provide the transcription service. ...

Speaking Of Glassdoor Reviews,
Mar 23, 2014

for MModal from yet another Indian employee:   “Horrible company to work, near to hell” ...

Glassdoor Reviews Of Nuance By MTs
Dec 24, 2014

They had me LOLing and appreciating the expressive writing skills of my fellow MTs. One especially good one is in toto below. We should all go on there and add to their sterling, well deserved reputation. This is in the public domain, so I don't think I am breaking any rules copying this, but by all means if anyone wants to put their name on this, I don't blame you. Great review of terrible employer. To wit:  “Working for them is like drowning and they are holding your he ...

SoftScript Reviews For 2015
Feb 07, 2015

Can anyone provide what it's like to work for this company?  Do they have enough work, benefits, etc.  Thank you ...

Post Audit Reviews For 3/21-3/27??
Mar 28, 2015

Anyone know what the cut-off date is for QA? I know we have until 04/03 for reversals.     ...

Updated Reviews On AssistMed?
Apr 22, 2015

Does anyone have any updated reviews on AssistMed?  Considering leaving one of the big ones for them.  Good or bad idea?  Any input on the "new rehab account" they are staffing? Thanks   ...

Turnaround Time Transcription - Any Reviews?
Jan 12, 2010

Has anyone worked for this company?  I would like to know the usuals - how they pay, good to work for?, etc.  I can't find one thing by running a search.  Thanks! ...

Nuance Reviews Glassdoor Website
Oct 10, 2013

http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/nuance-reviews-SRCH_KE0,6.htm   Has anyone seen this site before?  You can read a few reviews then it asks for facebook sign in. ...

Babbletype - Preview Reviews/Posts
Feb 12, 2015

I just want to say I'm grateful for this forum and the people who take time to post. My local Craigslist (North Texas) had an ad today for an IC transcriptionist for Babbletype. I just googled the name and found an MT Stars Babbletype discussion from 2012. Thanks to all those comments, I didn't waste my time nor get ripped off.  ...

Ortho Help, S/l 3 _ Views Or Reviews Of The X-rays Were Obtained.
Oct 15, 2009

x     ...

Nearing The Quarter's End = More Post-audit Reviews!
Mar 17, 2014

I really hate to add to the conspiracy theories (as I generally just don't believe them), but I can't help but add to this one! I can definitely tell that the quarter is almost up because I've started receiving more and more post-audit reviews, and of course they are just enough to knock my out of the running for bonus, despite having a near 100% score of QC1 and post-audits earlier in the month.  Any post-audit QA's out there want to comment on this?  It's a ...

What Can An Old Employer Say About You?
Aug 27, 2010

What kinds of things can an old employer say about you when contacted by a company you're trying to get hired by? ...

Ex-Employer Trying To Scare Me?
May 04, 2010

My original post is further down on this page.  I was hired in by a company that told me I was hired contingent upon my computer passing their test.  It passed the test and I was offered employment.  Their techs downloaded their software on my computer and then for over a week, they worked on my computer, and then said my system was not compliant with their softwared.  I asked for new account with different platform, asked for them to restore my computer to its orginal state, ...

If Your Employer Doesn't Pay You.....
May 05, 2010

Only using an employer as an example - my personal example - but my idea is applicable to all the others I have read about on this site Not long ago, I posted a rant about Siance not paying me.  I turned them in to the Labor Board.  They were given a deadline to pay me, but it could take that Dept up to 6 months or longer to get my money.  I thought...HMMM...I HAVE BILLS TODAY - NOT IN 6 MONTHS MAN!    So...I filed unemployment against Saince.  They did a pho ...

How Is Encompass As Employer???
May 31, 2010

Can anyone tell me anything about Encompass?  Website looks good, but then most do.  Any info welcome.  I want to bail but would not like to go from frying pan to the fire. ...

When Searching For A New Employer
Nov 25, 2010

Check with the BBB.  They shouldn't just have NO activity, but be part of the ongoing audit, not just boast they have had NO activity.  Heck, I have had no activity!!!  It is only as good as what is submitted. You may have been in business 10+ years but screwed people over 5+ years of that time.  If no one reports you, the activity continues.... Watch RIPOFF reports.  They do not lie.  Unfortunately, not enough people file these reports so some of us are ...

Tell The Potential 2nd Employer About The 1st?
Sep 20, 2011

Took me quite awhile to figure this out. You need 2 MT jobs because they all overhire to keep many more employees less busy to pay less. In my day, you kept your 2nd job quiet, but what is the way to do it now? Is it good or bad to be looking for a 2nd part-time job, do you tell them. Is there anyone who left the first job to go full time with the 2nd one or switched them? And is it better to go IC in the 2nd job because of flexibility? I sound pretty dumb! ...

Contacting Former Employer
Jul 09, 2012

Has anyone ever contacted a former employer to see if they would re-hire you? Reason I am asking is, I was working with this MT company, but had to quit because something happened to my computer and my back-up didn't have the specifications required to run the software they use. It's been about 4 months since I've quit, and I have a new computer now that would work with what they offer. I am hesitant to ask to see if they would consider re-hiring me because when I quit, even thoug ...

How Is M*Modal As An Employer?
Oct 02, 2012

Can anyone, current or past employees of M*Modal, give me an idea of how they are as an employer?  Were you confined to set work times or were you able to work freely as time permitted?  Also, if anyone is willing to share, what is the pay rate? (per line, per minute of dictation...)I am in Canada and I know M*Modal branches out here (they have e-mailed me informing me of job openings) but I currently work for another really good company.  I am just curious as to the possibility o ...

Any Recourse When An Employer Wont Pay Their ICs?
Aug 02, 2010

any ideas?  I live in one state and my IC "employer" lives in another.  He owes me a substantial amount of money (almost 3K).  Do I have any recourse against him?  Could I file a suit against him with his state attorney generals office or small claims court or anything???  ...