A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Just curious and this is a safe place to post. How many OTI - MTs are not happy right now?

Posted: Jan 24, 2011

d

Just curious but - Is OTI the same as Oracle? (NM)

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Yes - Sims

[ In Reply To ..]
n/m

Unhappy OTI MT - Sims

[ In Reply To ..]
Sad, but OTI used to be a good place to work. Been there over 10 years and yet that seems to count for nothing. Recently qualified for food stamps and county indigent health care program. I've never seen so little work over the last year. It seems like OTI, like many MTSOs, keeps overhiring instead of keeping its present and/or longterm MTs busy.

I was just hired by OTI for a big new account - Now Im concerned

[ In Reply To ..]
I was hired for what I was told by the recruiter was a very large new account, a 3-tiered contract I believe, with the first tier already started and the rest to go live the end of this month. I was told once trained and off QA, there would be ample work to transcribe all I liked and then some.

I've heard the "ample work" line before and the proverbial dictation well seemed to dry up within 30 days of starting on the account.

Does anyone who works for OTI know if they truly do have this "3-tiered" or "3-branch" (I forget the exact term the recruiter used) account? It's on the Bayscribe platform, if that helps identify the account.

After reading this thread, I'm wondering if I should just instead accept one of the other offers and not waste my time learning the account specifics for an account that will never see enough work to make it worth my effort (I already know the platform, so it would just be learning the account specifics).

Any advice, OTIers?

I was just hired by OTI, now I am concerned - OTIMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I believe you have reasons to be concerned. I have been with OTI for over four years now and they have broken promises left and right. I stay with them because it's so difficult now to get anything else. In my experience and opinion, management cannot be trusted...they have lied and lied. I'm sorry to tell you this, but it is honestly my experience.
lies - inyourshoes
[ In Reply To ..]
just started with them also and experienced one thing already with the platform. Used to work for a company with bayscribe and it showed the work in the system on accounts you are working on, this one does not. Was a very valuable feature they seem to be hiding from everyone. ?? is this a dishonesty and intentional so we cannot see work actually available? wondering now if you are correct???
They're not hiding it from EVERYONE. You might want to ask someone. - ;o)
[ In Reply To ..]
d
bayscribe - mims
[ In Reply To ..]
Are you full or part time. Maybe that's the issue so full timers have enough work and can pick it out of the system and see what's available. Wonder if those running out of work all the time have no access, or maybe it's work getting assigned to certain people that they don't want others to see. Don't know, just saying. If so that is unfair practice by this company. I would not want to work for a place like that. No work is no work but that is different to allow cherry pickers and favoratism.
Nope. I'm part time. Can't pick anything but can see how much is there. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
d
I'm part-time as well but I cannot see how much there is and (sm) - SickofOTI
[ In Reply To ..]
I have asked and asked for more work and yet my emails, IMs, etc., go unanswered and ignored. How are you able to see how much there is? I get the emails that they send out but that is it.
Apparently word has gotten back to OTI.. - OTIMT
[ In Reply To ..]
Some time after this posting, an email was sent out notifying us that everyone now can see available work...this board certainly works!! thanks!
I was just about to say that! OTI please read this: - Just Me
[ In Reply To ..]
Since you are watching, please, please be honest with us lowly workers. My pay was 1/3 of what it was the year previously. I have emailed you guys so many times that I finally just gave up because no one was responding. I told you I'd work whatever hours you had as long as you'd give me work! I'd see work on other accounts in the updates (sometimes behind) and ask, can I be put on that account, pretty please?

You are probably aware how hard it is to get a job. A good MT job is rare (from my experience anyway). I really liked OTI and enjoyed my supervisor, all correspondances, etc. until this past year. Then I felt like trash and that you didn't want me anymore.

It's my own fault I went into 10K debt on my credit card this year, yes. I'm not a big shopper, but I should have found more work. Instead, every week I would send out emails and PRAY (yes, pray!) that OTI would have a new account for me. I did get a great account at one point, but then the account went on some sort of 'backburner' and then it was never available to me again.

More lost hopes.

I am now working part-time somewhere else and keeping my foot in the door with OTI and getting way below my minimum lines every pay period. It makes me sad to think that when you once cared, now you don't. At least it doesn't feel that way.

Please keep the MTs updated on what's going on. Don't dangle carrots in front of them without a genuine end in sight. Some of us have kids to feed and bills to pay.

Thankyou.
Sad but true... - OTIMT
[ In Reply To ..]
OTI really does not care about their MTs...at all...not one bit... like you, I have begged and begged for more work. I have made myself available to them at all hours. Any time I have received an email asking for someone to work on the weekend, I have responded and done so. I have never given them a reason to ignore me and yet they do. Believe me, you are not alone. I realize that doesn't pay your bills. Like you, I have taken a tremendous reduction in pay and like you, am actively looking for work. I'd like nothing more than to say goodbye to OTI...
inyourshoes - OTIMT
[ In Reply To ..]
I've been with them now over six years and NEVER had access to seeing work in the system; also was not aware that you could have access until today. What would their reasoning be behind this? I cannot see any good reason for this...

I hear ya! - OTIMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I hear you! and feel very much the same way...management has actually come out and told me the only thing they care about is their client, so what does that tell you about how they feel about their MTs?

That's how MTSOs get rid of people, by not sending them enough work - Very effective too!

[ In Reply To ..]
That's an old technique used by fast food restaurants when they just take a poor employee off the schedule. They look to see when they work next and find that they aren't on the schedule. MTSOs do that too. It's easier than firing people.

Why would it be easier than just firing? Since they are not employees, no unemployment sm - SSMT

[ In Reply To ..]
would be involved. I would think a large company would not have to resort to game playing to get rid of people, although I admit my paranoia kicked in and I thought perhaps that was the case with SoftScript and my nonexistent work. However, I have had 99% and above QA scores and so I cannot understand why they would want to get rid of me, and if so why they wouldn't just have the cajones to fire me instead of starving me to death. Oh well ....

Probably because they don't have to argue - Your work is just missing

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm just guessing.
As IC, when told your services no longer needed, what is - there to argue about? nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
If being an IC means you can just be told your services are no longer needed, - where is the security in that
[ In Reply To ..]
I certainly wouldn't want to work under those conditions and if this is how IC is done, no way I would ever take a job like that. No job security, just waiting for someone to say, "Your services are no longer needed." That would suck.
The security is being top of your game. Are you suggesting being - employee means you have a job SM
[ In Reply To ..]
forever? Employee can be fired too.
Would think much more fuss if work is just gone. Lots of - worried email, phone calls, etc. SM
[ In Reply To ..]
At least if told services no longer needed, there is no doubt more work will not be forthcoming.

Similar Messages:

A Place To Post; SO COOL!
Nov 14, 2010

I'm giddy!  Finally found a medical transcription site worth exploring!  Was recently TERMINATED (not laid off) after 24 years and have found mere handful of web sites legitimate, much less helpful as this one is!  Now just hope the home office job I applied for wants me! ...

Posting Resume On MTStars - Best Place To Post?
Apr 07, 2014

I just wondered if posting a resume on this site is also letting Nuance know you're looking elsewhere.  It seems this would be shooting yourself in the foot.  Where's the best place to post a resume these days? ...

Is ADP A Safe Sife? LifeLock Is
Dec 18, 2009

Just trying to sift out any type of identity theft, whether it be an MTSO, the bank, sham, or a slip & fall lawyer.  Yesterday my personal Windows-based PC totally blocked me out, insisting I install "Security Tool," which also showed up along the way as SecTool.  I called LifeLock and asked them about it.  Per this icon which landed on my toolbar, it wanted a couple different things.  The very LEAST was a "one-time fee" of $19.95.  This is a reminder to everyo ...

Is Medical Coding Safe?
Aug 03, 2012

EMR is done by the physicians directly, will this happen to medical coding eventually too? ...

I Though Coding Was Safe.... Guess Not
Jun 03, 2013

I was under the impression, silly me, that medical coding would be safe from outsourcing to India, with further research I am sorry to say I was wrong, so very sad : ( http://www.medesun.com/ Back to finding a hands-on job in healthcare.   ...

How Can I Be Sure My Money Is Safe With Andrews. See Message
May 11, 2010

I cannot find them at the BBB site.  Though I can find Career Step with an A+ rating. WIth internet scams these days taking peoples money, how can I be sure that my money is safe with this program? How can I obtain more information? ...

Want A Change...is Coding Safe From Offshoring?
Oct 12, 2011

I am thinking about  becoming a CPC and starting my own business. After 14 years of transcribing...want to do something else. do you think this work is safe from India? ...

Anyone Receive A Reply From The Transcription Doctors Job Post On Their Post For Editscript MTs?
Mar 24, 2010

nm ...

Orthopedic Surgery, Is It Perineal Post Or Peroneal Post? NM
Feb 10, 2012

xx ...

RE: New Post Replies, Do They All Go To The Bottom Of The Original Post?
Jan 23, 2010

I don't remember that yet when I post lately it goes all the way to the bottom rather than immediately after the original post.  Perhaps I just never noticed it before.  Oh well... ...

Question On Post Vs Status Post
Oct 22, 2009

Sometimes I'm not sure what to do when they say "post" ... something. I know if it is postauricular (for example), it is attached ... but how about post aneurysmal surgery?  It does not seem like it would be attached.  - Is it proper to leave it stand-alone or should I change it to status post ... or actually attach it? Thanks in advance!!  ...

Place To See PTO
Jan 14, 2011

Is there a place other than the new paycheck site (I cant get in) to check our PTO?  Does Schedule Source have this information?  Thank you. ...

Is There Some Place We Can Look To See If We Are
Dec 11, 2012

classified as acute care or clinic? ...

In Place Of CC...
Mar 27, 2015

I'm pretty sure I am supposed to use something besides CC, but I don't remember. Any quick replies? Thanks! ...

Right Place To Ask This Question?
Nov 19, 2009

If this isn't the right place to ask, please remove. Is anyone familiar with a company called QED Transcription Service, Inc.? If so, what do you know about them?   Thank you. ...

Here Is A Place To Work
Aug 02, 2010

Hey everyone, I know what you are going through.  I worked for MQ for a very long time . I was tired of not making a paycheck.  Try Etransplus.  I work for them now and they are the most wonderful people.  It is straight typing, no voice recognition AT ALL!!  You can make up to 9-1/2 cents a line and they are not picky about how long you work.  The benefits are not as good but they do have some.  Try them out.  It was the best move I had ever made. ...

Would You Place Hyphens, And Where?
Nov 26, 2010

Left upper lobe lung mass? Where would you place hyphens here? Help appreciated! ...

Good Place
Nov 10, 2011

Are there any good companies out there?   Or should I give up in despair?  Seriously, I would like to know who LIKES their employer -- let me hear from you! ...

Where Is The Best Place To Get Headphones. I Like
Mar 08, 2012

the type like a stethoscope that go right into the ear that are plastic.  I dont like the aluminum ones.  Mine are just falling apart it seems.  I also have a dictator that hardly talks into the phone and I cant get the volume up any higher than their system so that is also a problem.  ...

Best Place To Learn
May 03, 2012

Hi All:  Been a CMT for a very, very long time and ready to get out of the business after losing thousands upon thousands these last few years.  Can anyone recommended a great on-line, at-home place to learn coding and become certified.  Can one be hired straight from a school these days?   Thanks :) ...

Best Place To Work
May 05, 2012

In your experienced opinion, what is the best MT company to work for as an employee (I need benefits)? Thanks. ...

Is There Some Place You Can Look For Job Openings?
Aug 09, 2012

I hate my shift and would prefer a day shift.   After getting the weekly "help on weekends" emails stating short-handed due to MT resignations, I thought......hmmmm....must be an opening on days somewhere.  I've asked my TL who said she'd check.  That was 2 weeks ago.  ...

What's It Take To Get Fired From This Place?
Sep 05, 2012

I made more money on UE than this job.  How can I get fired?  I try.  I disappeared w/out notice for 2 weeks.  No one said 1 word to me.  I don't always work my shift.  If i'm sick of it, I quit.  I never work overtime.   FIRE ME ALREADY.  ...

Incentive In Place
Oct 19, 2012

Check your e-mail.  Incentive in place 10/19 thru 10/22.  Wonder why? ...

So Now That This Is Such A Happy Place
Nov 01, 2012

Maybe there is someplace else we can go? I really don't want to burst the happy bubble but there are still issues that might need to be discussed. ...

Ok Where Is The Best Place To Work?
Apr 05, 2013

This Place Sucks.
Aug 07, 2013

The global MTSOs have ruined everything good about becoming an MT. 1.  Flexible hours (our time, not theirs)- gone 2.  Good pay/livable wage - gone 3.  Unlimited income (lots of work, anytime) - gone 4.  Self esteem - gone Remember the good ol' days?   These metrics and the micro managing are for the birds. Give me a break.   ...

All Steamed Up And No Place To Go
May 09, 2014

Today I was informed that I will be set up with a peformance audit next week because my QA score "dropped to 97.6%."  I have consistently maintained an average of 99% and now all of a sudden I'm down to this absymal number???  I've been getting crappy dictators lately, more than I ever did before.  It's almost like they're trying to get rid of me.  Yes, this company thrives on making its employees paranoid.  I was going to turn in my retirement notice ...

Does Any One Work For A Place They Like:
Jul 17, 2014

Does anybone work as an MT for a place they like? I'm being technologized out of my current MT job and need to find a place quick. If you're working for a great place for at home work, could you please let me know? ...

Gee, I Hate This Place
Aug 06, 2014

like today.  Just sayin... ...